Type keyword(s) to search

The Threads Thread: Costumes, Uniforms, and Fashion

I guess the US ski team is no longer wearing the Captain America and Captain Marvel inspired suits?  For the Olympics they all are wearing these white suits.  I like the comic book suits better.

I like the Norwegian speedskating suits too.  Makes them look like superheroes.  The solid red was boring.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I guess the US ski team is no longer wearing the Captain America and Captain Marvel inspired suits?  For the Olympics they all are wearing these white suits.  I like the comic book suits better.

I'd never seen them before, but those Captain America/Captain Marvel suits are awesome. 

I also love the NASA inspired gloves for the snowboarders. The Ralph Lauren opening ceremony gloves can suck it, I want those space gloves!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think they used them in practice in Pyeongchang and in World Cup competitions prior to the Olympics. There was a spiderwoman one too.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, kili said:

I like the Canadian Snowboarding team's Siwash jackets. Here is a picture of them in action.

According to this article, they were all hand knitted and the woman who designed them co-designed the 2010 medals. Snowboarding uniforms can be pretty bland, so it is great to see something more interesting.

These are my favourite uniforms of the games. The snowboard team did receive the sweaters in their uniform kit, but what they wear on the hill (shown in the first link) are Burton jackets sublimated to look like the sweaters. I have a Granted CBC sweater that I saved up to buy, and it is gorgeous.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 10:05 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm a city girl and an American to boot, but I kind of need the red and black plaid ballcap and jacket combo some of the Canadian spectators wear.

The ski cross team is also sporting the lumberjack look. 

image_canada-ski_02.jpg

The only Canadian uniforms I don't like are the ones for hockey. The black just looks wrong. 

• Love 2
On 2/19/2018 at 10:05 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm a city girl and an American to boot, but I kind of need the red and black plaid ballcap and jacket combo some of the Canadian spectators wear.

You can buy a lot of the plaid  gear directly from The Bay but the online store is thinly stocked right now. It's only available in kids right now, so you're SOL unless you're near the border!

• Love 1

I love the Burton snowboard jackets which look like hand knit sweaters.  So much of them were covered by the bib but they still look amazing.

The German bobsled uniforms are hideous.  Who designed those and thought, hmm let's put these big bulky men in skintight suits with swathes of asymmetric bright red and yellow on their butts, they will look like they are on fire.

• Love 3

This isn't performers/athletes - there were some fans at the  biathlon who really dressed up, pretty sure they were French.  One guy had a big white coat with white bows all over and wore a lei of red and blue bows, another guy was in a big Viking helmet and yellow braids, I think another one was a troll.  Really funny.  

• Love 1