• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Janice from friends ??? She looks so different 

Her lips are deflated.

This episode was a wreck.

Ian's storyline is ridiculous now.

I laughed at Svetlana. Saw that coming.

Just now, Enigma X said:

Ian's, Debbie's, Carl's, and Fiona's stories are all ridiculous now, while Lip's and Frank's are plain boring.

Thank you. I ran out of steam before I could address the rest. I only care about underused Liam and Fiona's dog at this point.

• Love 2

Frank, of course, was trying to scam the Social Security system. Other than Frank being Frank, everyone else took a left turn from who they began the season as. I did like that Lip baited Sierria’s father to get him put back into the slammer so that she and her son would be safe. I’m over Carl and his wife. I liked him better when he was doing the military school thing. Fiona and Ford hooked up. Hmm...will she get pregnant and join the many other mothers of his kids? I think that Ian’s beginning to believe all of his followers in that he is invincible. I was afraid that there were other people in that van he blew up. People that were there to help the man grab his son. Svetlana didn’t surprise me when she showed back up at the Alibi with the other Russian woman in a bag who wasn’t dead...yet. She will be in those designer shoes and dresses in no time flat.  Poor Debbie, but the nonchalant way thy Frank just clipped her toes off was ewww. Her trying to just do the amputation without benefit of a Dr or hospital was very Gallagher of her. I was surprised that Liam was willing to go along with what she wanted to do until he fainted.

That dog is the cutest. I didn’t like that the squatters had him leashed and unable to run around. That was the final straw for Fiona...worrying about the care of her dog. 

Ugh, they may just have crossed a new line on this show with the amputation of Debbie's toes. I remember how grossed out I was when they cut the toe off that corpse they were passing off as Aunt Ginger but this was ten times worse. I just couldn't watch.

I hope whatever Svetlana is doing leads to her leaving the show. Kevin and Vee have done little more than service her story this season and they deserve better material than this. Playing sidekick to Svetlana doesn't do them justice.

I was really worried about the dog, I'm glad Fiona got him back. Did she board up the window too? Otherwise those squatters could have just come and gone in the middle of the night using the window. 

• Love 1

I want to defend it, but the writing on this show officially sucks.  This episode was a bloody mess.  John Wells said fans would hate Ian's story, did he mean because the writing for it sucks or the plot itself?  My brain hurts.  I don't see them turning this around next episode, the finale.  Also, Lip, who's been written the best this year, his story with Sierra and the dad, no thanks.  

I actually felt ill and sorry for Debbie and that ridiculous toe issue.  It wasn't funny.  Some series have bad seasons, the first few episodes were good, and this is it for sure.  Weird this happened right after Netflix got streaming rights and show became late popular.  

I have to bitch about this season again, which is for me the worst of the show. Some people already mentioned how ridiculous (most) of the storylines are, but I'll talk especifically about Debbie. My disappointment with Debbie's storylines have never been about her bad decision, but mostly how they neglect her storylines. There was so much opportunities and possibilities for her as a single mother. It was fertile solo for drama. I wanted to see her struggle because there is nothing easy about being a teenage poor single mother. And everything they did was make her life easy, when there should've be a lot of obstacles. It was a lazy way to deal with her storylines. Now this thing with her toes.

"Debbie must choose between paying for school and paying for surgery to keep her toes." WTF? How random and insignificant that is? Debbie has a daughter to provide and take care. If they wanted a dilema, it should've been about Debbie being forced to chose between something that would benifit her or something that would benefit her daughter's future. You know, something with actual emotional stake. But emotional stake is exactly what have been missing this entire season. For every storyline and every character. And it certainly won't be the finale that will change that.

Wow, this season sucks!

Edited by planet17
  • Love 2

This show is making the characters and stories so extreme. Almost like they are competing with the stories in the past and trying to make it worse to keep viewership. Debbie doesn't just hurt her toes she loses them, Cart doesn't just have a girlfried he gets involved with psycho, Ian doesn't does want to help kids he blows up a van.

Strangely, only Lip and Fiona are growing and evolving as characters and I enjoy their storylines. I still fast forward through Frank's and Debbie's stories. I can't stand the characters.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Ian's, Debbie's, Carl's, and Fiona's stories are all ridiculous now, while Lip's and Frank's are plain boring.

I actually thought Lip's story was the best one in a while.  Sierra's story is exactly the reason I watch this show. No other show would have gone there and done it without making into some superhero origin story. Shameless showed the real trauma behind stories like Sierra's. It was powerful and something. I wish the show would do more of. I think part of the problem is this season has been too comedic and hasn't tried to reach for pathos and truth enough.

OF COURSE Frank has no problem chopping three toes off of one of his children.

Lip's story this week was by far the best. He saw a problem and found a way to solve it quickly. Poor Sierra. I can't imagine witnessing your father murder your mother and then testifying in court.

Part of me wants to try to find the human side of Carl's crazy wife but she makes it so difficult. When she insisted on having him show her all the places where he'd lived and done stuff, I felt like she was just compiling information to blackmail him with later.

• Love 1

So the guy sitting outside on the porch of the halfway house with Sierra's dad. Did he get up and leave when Lip confronted the dad because he didn't want to get involved, or because he saw trouble coming and wanted to go get help? I noticed he came back out to get the dad off Lip after the fight started. Who was the girl filming? If it was just a neighborhood kid, I could easily see her taking off with his phone after agreeing to film.

What's the consensus on that gay kid's dad? If he was simply drugging the kid so he couldn't have sex, he's a good actor, because he was pretty convincing. He did seem to care for the kid quite a lot. And Ian is a tad prone to overreaction.

I'm used to suspending disbelief for this show...hell I even enjoy doing it most of the time. But the Fiona lawsuit is so ridiculously wrong I can't even pretend it's right. Real litigation does not remotely work that way. Not even slightly.

• Love 2

Fairly good episode. The last part where Ian's gang explodes the van of the kid's parent is completely unacceptable and he now thinks he's higher than the law or even god.

Seasons 1-4 were great, Seasons 5-6 okay, Season 7 and 8.. meh. IMO.

I do quite like the whole 'Gay Jesus' part but his character is becoming totally unlikable. Ian S8's behavior isn't even because of his disability but rather due to his arrogance.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hoi Polloi said:

I'm used to suspending disbelief for this show...hell I even enjoy doing it most of the time. But the Fiona lawsuit is so ridiculously wrong I can't even pretend it's right. Real litigation does not remotely work that way. Not even slightly.

I totally agree, not to mention the throwaway line that the jury would look at him and he would win was ridiculous as well. I was trying to figure out what it was that Fiona was responsible for. He fell, okay, what made him fall that was the owner's responsibility? Questions that of course won't be answered. I will try to avoid this part next week.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

Can they even 1) change Fiona's locks and 2) refuse to leave 3) hold her dog hostage (also tied up with no food or water)?

This evening on my local news was a man beat a lab puppy up so badly that it died. The autopsy revealed his liver looked like hamburger. Why? It was due to the fact that the six month old puppy peed on the floor. The man is going to jail. Don’t know about the locks and refusal to leave but some people are just not good nicks.  

1 hour ago, juno said:

I totally agree, not to mention the throwaway line that the jury would look at him and he would win was ridiculous as well. I was trying to figure out what it was that Fiona was responsible for. He fell, okay, what made him fall that was the owner's responsibility? Questions that of course won't be answered. I will try to avoid this part next week.

I work for a GC and insurace is a big part of my job.  As a homeowner, ALWAYS be sure anyone you hire not only has insurance, but you should ask to be an additional insured and get a certificate of insurance with the additional insued endorsement attached BEFORE your let them in to start the work.  If a contractor balks at that, then don't hire them.  That is a standard thing to ask for so if they won't do it,, then they most likely don't have insurance or have crappy insurance that doesn't allow additional insureds.  If your contractors doesn't have the proper insurance and a wrker gets hurt or there is some other damage, the homeowner is absolutey on the hook!  And yes, it falls under liaiblity even if contractor has work comp the worker can sue under liability too.  (don't even get me started on NY liability laws....lawyers make mega $$ off NY 240/241 law which is why it hasn't gotten reformed!)  And that is my PSA for today.  lol   So yes, this storyline is absolutely legit and Fiona is screwed, although those squatters would most likely take a smaller settlement cuz it will take years in the courts.

• Love 5

When Debbie started heating up those cutters, I started getting nauseous and told my husband "there's no way that I'm watching this," and FF through it.

I was glad to see Fiona get her dog back and I hope those ungrateful assholes get nothing now,  when they could have settled.  But who knows.

I'm happy that Liam is getting to go on a trip.

Kassidi is totally batshit crazy and I'll be really sad if Carl drops out of school.

Lip's been doing a lot of nice things for other people this season. I'd like to see him do something nice for himself and find a university to go back to.

Ian is starting to believe his own hype.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Who was the girl filming?

16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Heh - that's the nephew of the girl in the motorcycle garage that Lip was banging. It's her sister's kid, apparently.

That's Xan, who is the niece (not nephew) of Eddie, the girl at the garage who Lip was banging. Xan's mom is Eddie's half-sister.

From The Fugees:

Lip: Oh, you got a niece?
Eddie: My sister's kid. Xan.
Lip: Oh, you got a sister?
Eddie: Half-sister. My shithead dad's kid with some skank he barely knew. She's been in and out of rehab like a hundred times. I look after her kid sometimes.

From A Gallagher Pedicure:

Lip: Hey, any sign of Xan's mom?
Eddie: I'm giving my shit-bag half-sister two more days.
Lip: Well, she seems like a really good kid.
Eddie: There's nothing wrong with the kid. Just didn't sign up for one, you know?

• Love 1

I love (sarcasm) the pointless jumping into the sack moments under the most inane circumstances...

'Lip! Baby daddy beat the s*** outta me so I ran out the house then got gang raped behind a dumpster in some ally then shot at by a drive-by on my way here to ask if you can put me and my kid up cuz I'm scared to go home but then got knifed by a mugger cuz I had no money..... let's have sex!'  lol.

• Love 2
On 1/23/2018 at 3:34 PM, juno said:

On 1/23/2018 at 3:42 PM, DiabLOL said:

Can they even 1) change Fiona's locks and 2) refuse to leave 3) hold her dog hostage (also tied up with no food or water)?

I was kind of annoyed that Fiona didn't know about needing her contractors to be insured or about squatters rights, but it looks like not knowing isn't that uncommon.  Although, both seem like something Frank would have exploited at one time.

• Love 2
On 1/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, Mindthinkr said:

This evening on my local news was a man beat a lab puppy up so badly that it died. The autopsy revealed his liver looked like hamburger. Why? It was due to the fact that the six month old puppy peed on the floor. The man is going to jail. Don’t know about the locks and refusal to leave but some people are just not good nicks.  

well, i can only pray someone in jail beats him so badly he dies. people like that don't deserve to live. 

• Love 7
On 1/23/2018 at 6:51 PM, Cupcake04 said:

I work for a GC and insurace is a big part of my job.  As a homeowner, ALWAYS be sure anyone you hire not only has insurance, but you should ask to be an additional insured and get a certificate of insurance with the additional insued endorsement attached BEFORE your let them in to start the work.  If a contractor balks at that, then don't hire them.  That is a standard thing to ask for so if they won't do it,, then they most likely don't have insurance or have crappy insurance that doesn't allow additional insureds.  If your contractors doesn't have the proper insurance and a wrker gets hurt or there is some other damage, the homeowner is absolutey on the hook!  And yes, it falls under liaiblity even if contractor has work comp the worker can sue under liability too.  (don't even get me started on NY liability laws....lawyers make mega $$ off NY 240/241 law which is why it hasn't gotten reformed!)  And that is my PSA for today.  lol   So yes, this storyline is absolutely legit and Fiona is screwed, although those squatters would most likely take a smaller settlement cuz it will take years in the courts.

I was wondering about this...She is not (personally) screwed though, right? I mean, it will be between the injured worker and her own insurance company right? If she has a mortgage, she has liability insurance.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 5:32 PM, 100Proof said:

I love (sarcasm) the pointless jumping into the sack moments under the most inane circumstances...

'Lip! Baby daddy beat the s*** outta me so I ran out the house then got gang raped behind a dumpster in some ally then shot at by a drive-by on my way here to ask if you can put me and my kid up cuz I'm scared to go home but then got knifed by a mugger cuz I had no money..... let's have sex!'  lol.

You'll have to trust me when I say that I'm no prude, but the gratuitous sex and actor (mostly actress) exposing on this show is really inexplicable to me.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Her liability coverage was the minimum allowed and I'm pretty sure it's possible the insurance will deny the claim anyway because she used unlicensed contractors.

Well this is a possibility (although not likely to come to fruition- I haven't seen the next episode yet but sure Fiona will find a Gallagher way out of the lawsuit anyways), but what I find laughable is that the lawyer really thinks he has a shot in hell of getting a $6 million settlement. It was a couple days in the hospital, and Fiona said a few episodes ago that he'll be out of work a couple months. His medical bills were low enough that Fiona was able to offer to pay them out of pocket- even throwing in pain and suffering, his costs of missed work, hospital bills, etc. are probably under $50K.  I think he'd be lucky to get awarded $100K, honestly.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You'll have to trust me when I say that I'm no prude, but the gratuitous sex and actor (mostly actress) exposing on this show is really inexplicable to me.

Nor me either. If I want to watch people banging, there's the appropriate real stuff, lol.  It is something that always irritated me in many of these dramedy cable series... the absolutely pointless constant throwing in of sex scenes simply because its cable and that they can. Really? Plot and character acting alone isn't enough to carry viewership??  lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

Nor me either. If I want to watch people banging, there's the appropriate real stuff, lol.  However, it is something that always irritated me in many of these dramedy cable series... the absolutely pointless constant throwing in of sex scenes simply just because its cable and that they can. Really? Plot and character acting alone isn't enough to carry viewership??  lol

Exactly.  Because they can.  I'm imagining that talent agencies have to keep aestheticians on call, just in case one of their crop of extras get an audition for Shameless.  They wouldn't have to be Brazilian, amiright?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Well this is a possibility (although not likely to come to fruition- I haven't seen the next episode yet but sure Fiona will find a Gallagher way out of the lawsuit anyways), but what I find laughable is that the lawyer really thinks he has a shot in hell of getting a $6 million settlement. It was a couple days in the hospital, and Fiona said a few episodes ago that he'll be out of work a couple months. His medical bills were low enough that Fiona was able to offer to pay them out of pocket- even throwing in pain and suffering, his costs of missed work, hospital bills, etc. are probably under $50K.  I think he'd be lucky to get awarded $100K, honestly.

I agree that he'd likely settle for an amount within policy limits, but Fiona would still possibly be on the hook for that amount depending on what her policy said and the state laws regarding hiring unlicensed contractors.  In California, where I live, you'd be SOL.  I'm just saying it isn't out of the scope of reality that her current life could be ruined by an unlicensed contractor being badly injured or killed on her property  (but it'd need to be loss of limb/loss of life/paralysis for 6 figures) , it's the world we live in.

Judgments occasionally run into the "outrageous" territory due to punitive damages, but that wouldn't really fit here, as they tend to be levied on huge companies as an incentive to stop doing bad things. Punitive damages wouldn't apply to Fiona since she wasn't maliciously negligent, just ignorant, and it would take a much smaller number to incentivize her to get her poop in a group. A $6MM figure on a realistically insolvent client is a waste of everyone's time and litigation dollars.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2018 at 3:37 PM, monagatuna said:

Judgments occasionally run into the "outrageous" territory due to punitive damages, but that wouldn't really fit here, as they tend to be levied on huge companies as an incentive to stop doing bad things. Punitive damages wouldn't apply to Fiona since she wasn't maliciously negligent, just ignorant, and it would take a much smaller number to incentivize her to get her poop in a group. A $6MM figure on a realistically insolvent client is a waste of everyone's time and litigation dollars.

I agree, I thought Fiona's lawyer was unnecessarily ominous. Now, it would be one thing if, as pointed out above, the insurance company refused to pay due to Fiona using an unlicensed contractor. In that case, even a 5 figure settlement might wipe Fiona out. But the lawyer is talking like the insurance company is still going to pay at least up to $500K. In that case, I'd tell Fiona (but I'm an accountant, not a lawyer) to just wait them out. (But use any legal means possible to get them out of her apartment).

• Love 1

That episode where Frank said 'shalom' to the Muslim group in the van was kind of funny. I miss the Old Frank.

If the Old Frank returns for Season 9 then they can make as many seasons as they want, I love Old Frank. :)