Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Chapter Twenty-Three: The Blackboard Jungle

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

You actually make it sound better than it is. lol I could get behind the crazy storylines if they embraced the campieness of it all. But they are playing it straight and it's a hot mess. I don't get the love for the Lodges as I feel they are the worst actors on the show. They are all so wooden. Veronica is fine, but OMG her parents just stand around saying shady things with almost zero charisma or emotion. At least Mrs. Blossom is crazy, Alice is unhinged and, well, they're really the only two I like out of the adults. Fred and FP are nice to look at but their characters do nothing for me and at this point all the kids characters have been destroyed. I might not make it through the season.

I went back into episode threads of

last season and I remember how excited I was for this show and those episodes.

What the hell happened? How did it become whatever this is? I keep going back to the theory that they bought into all the publicly from the summer that season one got and ran with it but not in a good way.

I don’t think a show I’ve watched has ever gone downhill this fast. I know Glee went downhill pretty fast but for me even glee season 2 was fun to watch, Riverdale isn’t even fun to watch anymore. 

5 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I went back into episode threads of

last season and I remember how excited I was for this show and those episodes.

I know. Last year this was one of the few shows I wanted to watch live because I didn't want to wait to see what would happen next. I liked pretty much all the characters in different ways. I was excited to find out who killed Jason. I looked forward to watching. Now I watch it when I get around to it based on what I read here. I do other things while watching and can't wait for it all to be over. There are still a few characters I kind of like and want to know what happens to them, but not like I used to.

IDK what happened though. I mean, did they fire the entire writing team and this is a new team? Did they just have no clue what to do after the Jason Blossom mystery? I would have been fine with a new mystery every year. I think that, for whatever reason, they decided to go darker and it isn't working for me. I found the odd otherworldly tone of the show appealing last year. I liked the overly gothic Blossoms, remember that tree tapping ceremony? That was classic! I thought it was a visually beautiful show with some fun winking at the audience. Now it's just gloomy teen drama. Been there, done that, seen it done better. It's like they killed everything about the show that I actually liked. I'm taking it very personally. haha

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I know. Last year this was one of the few shows I wanted to watch live because I didn't want to wait to see what would happen next. I liked pretty much all the characters in different ways. I was excited to find out who killed Jason. I looked forward to watching. Now I watch it when I get around to it based on what I read here. I do other things while watching and can't wait for it all to be over. There are still a few characters I kind of like and want to know what happens to them, but not like I used to.

IDK what happened though. I mean, did they fire the entire writing team and this is a new team? Did they just have no clue what to do after the Jason Blossom mystery? I would have been fine with a new mystery every year. I think that, for whatever reason, they decided to go darker and it isn't working for me. I found the odd otherworldly tone of the show appealing last year. I liked the overly gothic Blossoms, remember that tree tapping ceremony? That was classic! I thought it was a visually beautiful show with some fun winking at the audience. Now it's just gloomy teen drama. Been there, done that, seen it done better. It's like they killed everything about the show that I actually liked. I'm taking it very personally. haha

Yeah. Now they’ve become like every other teen drama when it was actually better before. I don’t know what happened. It does seem like they really only had seasons one story and that was it. And then this year they just decided to throw all their ideas together and it’s confusing.

Watching this episode right now. Betty's reaction to Polly's baby names was the only laugh out loud moment I've ever had with this show. OMG. 

Wanting to get rid of gang emblems is totally acceptable. Jughead is a tool. 

Archie is a moron. 

• Love 1