Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Legion of Superheroes

• Start Topic

I sort of wished that Livin On A Prayer was playing during the entire prison fight.  

I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it.  At least the show will put Chad Lowe to decent use.  And I had to snicker that J'Onn said dealing with Reign is a lot easier than hearing about James and Lena kissing.

• Love 7

I can't believe multiple characters name dropped Superman but no one could be bothered to add a throwaway line about why he wasn't available to help.  At least J'onn (finally) helped out this time instead of looking concerned in the DEO.

• Love 11

This is the problem with Supergirl. They play things so safe. This episode was horrible but it was incredibly basic. Kara is in a coma, get into her mind and really do some crazy cool things instead of just having her relax on the couch. 

The battle should've been brutal, I wanted to see punching, kicking, flying, bruises, etc..J'onn hugging Reign was such a cop out. While it was nice to see Saturn Girl use her powers, they could've been better apart from saving Mon-El which was cool. But the fight was LAME AS HELL.

Shame that Brainy has to have such a horrible design since he was one of the highlights of the episode.

Ugh I am so tired of Mon-El being the jesus of the Legion of Superheroes. What did they ever do before he came.
Glad they are doing the Worldkillers though.

tenor.gif?itemid=3551608

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

I sort of wished that Livin On A Prayer was playing during the entire prison fight.  

I was hoping the same thing. What can I say, I am always a sucker for the classic rock fight scenes. 

I was just thinking "where the hell is J'onn?" during the fight scene, and then he finally showed up! Granted, I wanted a bit more drama, but still. Also, could someone just throw in a line about why Superman cant come help out? Is it because they're fighting with Kryptonite? Or is he chilling in the phantom zone on vacation? 

Not a bad way to get back from break, even though I was hoping for more epicness from the fight scenes, and maybe more members of the Legion of Superheroes. It was nice to see Irma use her powers a bit, and I continue to like her, and Brainy seems like a good addition to the show for a bit. Although, I did raise an eyebrow at Mon El being all " we cant interfere" until the last minute. I mean, is it really that big of a deal to help Kara out with this villain issue? I get the importance of their mission and all, but is he really going to just sit around while his former girlfriend and friends are all in danger? I mean, his wife and teammate seem totally fine with helping out, and they dont even know these people! 

Brainiac 5 and Kara had some decent chemistry, and he seems like a nice guy. It might be a bit of a rebound, but its better than moping...

J'onn pretending to be Kara and having a super awkward conversation with Lena was hilarious. 

If Brainy has the same backstory that he did in the comics, maybe 

Spoiler

he, Lena, and Winn can start some kind of "I`m the only member of my family who isn't a psychopath" support group? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

Yeah, Brainiac Rebound Boyfriend 5 doesn't look exactly like he does in the comics, but at least he looks like the damn character.  Why can't Saturn Girl have blonde hair?  What harm is there in her having blonde hair!?  Too many dark haired people on this show as it is!  Also, I don't like her married to Mon-El.  Is this going to be some "drama" involving her, him, and Lightning Lad once/if there is a Legion spin-off?

Oooo, the Blight, back when they took the 90s era Legion and made them all "Dark".  *sigh*

I miss goofy Mon-El.

Streaky shout out!

Speaking of the Legion, I just realized Reign's costume is same Supergirl wore when she was briefly the evil Satan Girl.  Nice continuity shout out.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 3

1. Oooh, Bon Jovi! 

2. I'm still not feeling Lena and James. (And maybe - just maybe - you guys, making out in front of a glass wall with some extras still wandering around on the other side is not your wisest move.) Then again, that led to -

3. J'onn announcing that fighting Reign would be easier than discussing James Olson's kissing techniques. We all feel you, J'onn.

4. Also had fun with Melissa Benoist's impression of David Harewood as J'onn.

5. I am at a loss to explain virtually anything with Mon-El in this episode.  If it's so vital that your DNA survives, why not ask the DEO to take some blood samples and freeze them? The three of you aren't invulnerable to needles the way Kara is. And, what, you just left Brainy frozen in the ship until you needed him? And you continued to leave everyone else frozen in the ship too - and then proceeded to risk destroying the ship?  Do you have any plans for trying to return to the future and share your current DNA? And how much of pop culture could Mon-El have really taught anyone in the future? He was only around for about six months last season.

6. On the other hand, Streaky! Kara, take my advice and get another cat. Better for you than dating, plus, I will get to watch you with a cute cat. We all win.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, quarks said:

5. I am at a loss to explain virtually anything with Mon-El in this episode.  If it's so vital that your DNA survives, why not ask the DEO to take some blood samples and freeze them? The three of you aren't invulnerable to needles the way Kara is.

Mon-El is; the other two aren't.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, quarks said:

6. On the other hand, Streaky! Kara, take my advice and get another cat. Better for you than dating, plus, I will get to watch you with a cute cat. We all win.

The story Kara told about learning to be gentle and responsible with her super strength by petting her kitty cat was freaking adorable. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Ok, but supposedly the plans were put into all of their DNA, right? So all they have to do is freeze some cells from Imra and Brainy and THE PLAN SURVIVES.

So, my sister decided to watch some of the show with me tonight while she ate dinner. She had never seen the show before, but one of the things she commented on? How Mon-El seemed like a weak coward. Seriously, how do Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5 consider him the leader if he's not willing to help fight Reign? I mean, I get being worried about changing things too much, but thousands of people could have died if Kara didn't wake up. 

Reign is fun, at least. And I'm glad Chad Lowe gets to be a surprising recurring character. I never expected him to be in so many episodes in a short amount of time. 

Overall, James is still useless and though I've liked his role this season compared to last season, he's still such a non-existent character who could be taken out of the show and nothing would change. Even Lena gets more of a story. 

Also, can Winn get something to do this season? Please? 

I wish the fight scene was more powered. It did feel rather tame for whatever reason. I don't mean it needed to be as violent as the midseason finale fight, but maybe that was the level I was expecting. 

So, Melissa essentially got to sit around for most of the episode and only got to join in at the end. I guess it must have been a relatively nice break. She also got to play with a cat! Lucky! I even liked her revelation about Mon-El by the end, mostly because the sister scene didn't just end on Mon-El, but them joking about her coma. 

Brainiac was a fun character. Since I don't read the comics, I'm not really affected by his looks, although he did look a little goofy at first glance. 

• Love 5

SuperKitty is super cute! Can we have more cute kitties on this show, pretty please?

Loved the hilariously awkward Jonn as Kara scene with Lena. Nice touch that “Kara” plopped down on the couch like a guy, then shifted slightly to look more like Kara. Best of all was (real) Kara’s belly laugh when she found out about the kissing James discussion.

I liked Brainy too, and would be happy to see him recur. Funny, he looked vaguely familiar so I checked IMDB and the actor played the Castathan son on Defiance. He exchanged one set of face paint for another! He had a better wig on Defiance, though.

Nice ending on the couch with Alex and Kara. The more sister time, the better.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 6

Echoing the his cousin was beaten into a coma and he couldn’t stop by question. Just say he’s off world or something. 

Seriously if you’re going to have a threat this large, have an answer to Where is Superman?  Especially if you’re going to name drop him, and if it was edited out? Don’t do that next time  people will wonder about it

Also I was waiting for the ‘you don’t know how reign is defeated, maybe you guys helped?’ Theory from Alex or Winn. 

• Love 5

I was half waiting for Alex to be like "I mean, I just slept with this super hot time traveling superhero like a week ago, and she beats the crap out of people from ALL time periods. I think maybe you guys can help us out with this one, Mon-El." 

• Love 13

adding my points:

About Superman, all they had to do was have James on the phone talking to Lois and finding out Clark is off world for some reason.

Also with Kara out, if was Alex I would've used the breaching device and bopped over to earth-1 for backup. Yeah, I know Barry and Oliver are kinda busy right now but just imagine this: when the Deo is fighting Reign they also reveal Cisco who conveniently opens a breach to say.......Daxam (or what's left of it). 

• Love 2

So, let me see if I have this right. Reign is so powerful she can beat Kara to a bloody pulp with her bare hands and yet Mon-El, who isn't as powerful as Kara, and Mon-El's wife, who doesn't have super strength or invulnerability at all as far as I know, can go toe to toe with her and all they come away with a little cut on her forehead? Was Reign so bored she wasn't really trying?

And while we finally get to see what Saturn Girl's power is, what exactly was throwing weights at Reign supposed to accomplish?

That's not the Brainiac I'm used to, and I haven't kept up with the comics, but isn't he usually green? He looked blue to me. Not that it matters since this is an adaptation and not a recreation, but I was distracted during most of his scenes by trying to figure out where I knew the actor from. I looked at his IMDB page and I haven't seen anything he's been in except a few episodes of Defiance and Being Human. I hardly watched the former and I don't remember him from the latter. I guess he just reminds me of someone.

J'onn! You finally remembered how to leave the DEO during a crisis! Congratulations! I mean, you didn't help much, but at least you tried.

Count me in as one of those people wondering about Superman. Not that I expect, or even want, him to show up every time Kara is in trouble, but the fact there wasn't even a throwaway "Lois said he's stopping a volcano" or something is particularly odd.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I liked Brainy too, and would be happy to see him recur. Funny, he looked vaguely familiar so I checked IMDB and the actor played the Castathan son on Defiance. He exchanged one set of face paint for another! He had a better wig on Defiance, though.

Me too, I knew I recognized him from another show -- it's Alak Tarr.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, KirkB said:

So, let me see if I have this right. Reign is so powerful she can beat Kara to a bloody pulp with her bare hands and yet Mon-El, who isn't as powerful as Kara, and Mon-El's wife, who doesn't have super strength or invulnerability at all as far as I know, can go toe to toe with her and all they come away with a little cut on her forehead? Was Reign so bored she wasn't really trying?

I wouldnt call that going toe to toe with Reign. They barely if ever laid a hand on her. They were more on the defensive. 

25 minutes ago, KirkB said:

Good episode, and we needed it after Reign just decimated Kara. Melissa spends most of the episode in her apartment, but it works. "Oh, and we need you to play J'onn pretending to be Kara." "Do I get to do anything different?" "Um . . . wear a robe?" "I'll allow it."

I'm getting ready for the Legion backlash. I mean . . . Saturn Girl is telekinetic and not telepathic?!? I should look out for "#NotMyImra" in social media. Oh, and we got Brainiac 5, who's gone from green to . . . what do you call that color? I know it's blue, but it's . . . light blue? Silver blue? At least we don't have the mega-condensing Brainy here. I am hoping for more "useful" Legionnaires. No knock on those three, but Brainiac 5 is basically . . . well . . . brains, and Mon-El is Caffeine-Free Diet Kal-El. Oh, and if you can track down the Superman & The Legion of Super Heroes animated series, go for it. Fun stuff, and a really dorky Brainy with an implied boy-crush on Clark.

Why is impersonating Kara so rough for J'onn? Not like he has to pretend to be her on a date. I think he'd grumble the most playing Winn. "Hey! Pop culture reference! Technobabble! Um . . . semi-obscure pop culture reference!"

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm getting ready for the Legion backlash. I mean . . . Saturn Girl is telekinetic and not telepathic?!? I should look out for "#NotMyImra" in social media. Oh, and we got Brainiac 5, who's gone from green to . . . what do you call that color? I know it's blue, but it's . . . light blue? Silver blue? At least we don't have the mega-condensing Brainy here. I am hoping for more "useful" Legionnaires. No knock on those three, but Brainiac 5 is basically . . . well . . . brains, and Mon-El is Caffeine-Free Diet Kal-El. Oh, and if you can track down the Superman & The Legion of Super Heroes animated series, go for it. Fun stuff, and a really dorky Brainy with an implied boy-crush on Clark.

At least Brainy is a fucking blonde.  And if Saturn Girl is telekinetic, I guess that means no Kinetix.  Boo!

3 hours ago, bmoore4026 said:

Yeah, Brainiac Rebound Boyfriend 5 doesn't look exactly like he does in the comics, but at least he looks like the damn character.  Why can't Saturn Girl have blonde hair?  What harm is there in her having blonde hair!? 

Brainy doesn't really look like the Brainy I remember. Classic Brainy was green-skinned and blonde.  Yellow blonde, not platinum. And he didn't have the forehead thingy.

3 hours ago, quarks said:

1. Oooh, Bon Jovi! 

2. I'm still not feeling Lena and James. (And maybe - just maybe - you guys, making out in front of a glass wall with some extras still wandering around on the other side is not your wisest move.) Then again, that led to -

3. J'onn announcing that fighting Reign would be easier than discussing James Olson's kissing techniques. We all feel you, J'onn.

4. Also had fun with Melissa Benoist's impression of David Harewood as J'onn.

5. I am at a loss to explain virtually anything with Mon-El in this episode.  If it's so vital that your DNA survives, why not ask the DEO to take some blood samples and freeze them? The three of you aren't invulnerable to needles the way Kara is. And, what, you just left Brainy frozen in the ship until you needed him? And you continued to leave everyone else frozen in the ship too - and then proceeded to risk destroying the ship?  Do you have any plans for trying to return to the future and share your current DNA? And how much of pop culture could Mon-El have really taught anyone in the future? He was only around for about six months last season.

Not the biggest fan of Jamna? Lemes? But it's striking that Lena is acting like kissing is such a big deal. Why couldn't the powers that be have them actually hook up? Also, it's weird that Lena is acting like Kara and Jimmy were actually dating or something when literally, they kissed one time and Jimmy got brainwhammied right as it happened. So Kara has no idea how good a kisser Jimmy is. 

I agree with mostly everything Mon-El related. you said But Mon-El had a lot of time to binge Netflix, listen to music., etc. etc. His bromance with Winn and his working at the Alien Bar With No Name also pobably exposed him to a lot of pop culture too. Also Kara seems to be finally over him, so yay? Of course, Mon-El seems to be starting to be interested in her again, so boo?

I am hopeful that OG Streaky still is alive. I think classic Streaky was a orange cat, no?

3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Mon-El could presumably get his blood taken by a lead needle. He also would have his DNA in saliva, hair and such.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Brainy doesn't really look like the Brainy I remember. Classic Brainy was green-skinned and blonde.  Yellow blonde, not platinum. And he didn't have the forehead thingy.

And Saturn Girl is supposed to be a blonde and  just a telepath and wears pink, but the creators don't care about that, either.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

And Saturn Girl is supposed to be a blonde and  just a telepath and wears pink, but the creators don't care about that, either.

My thinking is that the "diehard" fans might have been upset with the lack of blonde hair upon her introduction. Now she's telekinetic, and that's where "#NotMyImra" comes from in my head . . . not because that's my position, but I expect it from the "Reason Nerds Can't Have Nice Things" crowd. I'm great with the lack of pink. Shit, not like I'd want this. I imagine "Johns" flying to Titan all the time. "Hey, big boy. Don't tell me what I want. I KNOW what you want!" The Smallville version of Imra also worked, especially with the show not going "full superhero" with the outfits.

19 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Have you ever seen Brainiac 5.1 from the comics? I think the producers figured the "forehead thingy" would work on screen. And "platinum" is the word to describe the hair? I'm not knocking you . . . I just don't have a frame of reference for what the color platinum looks like.

27 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

At least Brainy is a fucking blonde.  And if Saturn Girl is telekinetic, I guess that means no Kinetix.  Boo!

Swapped powersets? "Pathix"? I dunno.  I think she'd be as likely to arrive on the series as Gates. I like the idea of a constantly crankly teleporting bug that's oddly lovable.

The fight was saved for me by Kara and J'onn showing up. Brainaic is likable.

Mon-El is just so weird this season. 

I think the problem is that he just seems so liveless. He just doesn't seem passionate about anything, not about Kara, not about his wife, not about going home, not about bringing down Reign. But it doesn't really play out in the typical "the actor is bored out of his skull" either. He just seems robotic and dead inside. Like, get angry, get sad, be a shitty boss who yells at people to stick to the plan, but it's like they sucked all color out of him (the grey sweaters don't help). 

I'm hyped for more Worldkillers. 

• Love 3

I like Brainiac. I wouldn't mind he and Kara hooking up, but I don't know if it'll happen, since I didn't think they'd put her with a guy with so much makeup, and the blue skin and all. Still, I think I'd like it. It's different and he doesn't seem like another bland love interest.

• Love 2

The thing that bothered me the most was how The Legion of Super Heroes were whining about how all of the history and culture of Earth was lost in the future. If you go back in time all the way to the beginning of Earth's cultural history and decide to sleep all the way through till you reach your own time line "Shut the F up!" There was nothing stopping them from sampling the culture and history all along the way, make recording, take books, go to a Shakespeare play or a Bon Jovi concert. They certainly don't seem to be too worried that their ship will be destroyed, archive the past to enrich the future or "Shut the F up"!

P.S. Why didn't they throw Alex in the tank, her leg would have been healed in an hour.

• Love 4

I enjoyed that episode. It kept me entertained and was fairly exciting. 

I REALLY like Brainy!!!!! He is charming! Lol this is the only time I'm going to say this: Gooooo Comic Canon romance! Heee

Actually romance or not I'd like the character to stay. I really liked how he was written. Intelligent and fun but not over the top! 

I don't like weird mopey, inactive Mon El. Seriously what the hell is wrong with him? They made him seem especially bad since the other two looked like they wanted to help out.

The actress who plays Imra is very beautiful! Distractingly so! 

Hubs and I were watching and he was like: Do you think the actress who plays Imra is...

Me (chimes in enthusiastically and cuts him off): Sooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

I like Brainiac. I wouldn't mind he and Kara hooking up, but I don't know if it'll happen, since I didn't think they'd put her with a guy with so much makeup, and the blue skin and all. Still, I think I'd like it. It's different and he doesn't seem like another bland love interest.

If it is popular I am going to guess they will find a way for the character to look normal. How could Kara go to lunch with him. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Me too, I knew I recognized him from another show -- it's Alak Tarr.

I also had to IMDB him because I recognized his voice. He played Timothy on No Tomorrow. A show I actually liked and am sad was cancelled. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The thing that bothered me the most was how The Legion of Super Heroes were whining about how all of the history and culture of Earth was lost in the future. If you go back in time all the way to the beginning of Earth's cultural history and decide to sleep all the way through till you reach your own time line "Shut the F up!" There was nothing stopping them from sampling the culture and history all along the way, make recording, take books, go to a Shakespeare play or a Bon Jovi concert. They certainly don't seem to be too worried that their ship will be destroyed, archive the past to enrich the future or "Shut the F up"!

From what they claimed they didn't travel to the past intentionally and I'm guessing they put themselves to sleep because they only have relatively normal lifespans. We don't even know whether the ship is really designed to support freezing and unfreezing them that often. That seems like a weird thing to accuse them of when we don't really know the capabilities of their ship. (they should however try to take a archive of the current time's data if they happen to be hear anyway)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Have you ever seen Brainiac 5.1 from the comics? I think the producers figured the "forehead thingy" would work on screen. And "platinum" is the word to describe the hair? I'm not knocking you . . . I just don't have a frame of reference for what the color platinum looks like.

Avid comics reader up to the 90s, including spme of the various Legions' runs, and from his introduction to then, to the best of my recollection, Brainy did not have the three dot thing going on. Hence, I said "Classic Brainy."  If you do a Google image search for Brainiac 5, many, if not most, of images will have him as I described him. 

Platinum is a fairly common description for a type of blonde that is almost white/grey. Google image searching can give plenty of real-life examples of that too. Or think of Legion's Dream Girl, who has classically had that color as well.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BooBear said:

If it is popular I am going to guess they will find a way for the character to look normal. How could Kara go to lunch with him. 

Kara did seem to give him a "look" after she woke up and the battle was over. Plus, it's easy to go to lunch with him as the only remaining restaurant in National City is the Unnamed Alien Dive Bar :) .

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I agree with mostly everything Mon-El related. you said But Mon-El had a lot of time to binge Netflix, listen to music., etc. etc. His bromance with Winn and his working at the Alien Bar With No Name also pobably exposed him to a lot of pop culture too. Also Kara seems to be finally over him, so yay? Of course, Mon-El seems to be starting to be interested in her again, so boo?

Netflix binging I'll grant you. And presumably he was introduced to Bon Jovi while bartending. But they also mentioned Aristotle and Shakespeare (even though it was a running joke last season that Mon-El never finished reading Romeo and Juliet) and....look, unless that pod was filled with smart drives containing the complete works of William Shakespeare and Aristotle and multiple films/books/music, I'm just not buying it.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

My thinking is that the "diehard" fans might have been upset with the lack of blonde hair upon her introduction. Now she's telekinetic, and that's where "#NotMyImra" comes from in my head . . . not because that's my position, but I expect it from the "Reason Nerds Can't Have Nice Things" crowd. I'm great with the lack of pink. Shit, not like I'd want this. I imagine "Johns" flying to Titan all the time. "Hey, big boy. Don't tell me what I want. I KNOW what you want!" The Smallville version of Imra also worked, especially with the show not going "full superhero" with the outfits.

Swapped powersets? "Pathix"? I dunno.  I think she'd be as likely to arrive on the series as Gates. I like the idea of a constantly crankly teleporting bug that's oddly lovable.

Smallville Irma was done right.

And the less said about Brainiac 5.1, the better.  After the "Legion in the late 20th Century" storyline, the Legion went down hill and it lead to the Blight storyline and it's dark and edgy era.  They learned nothing from the early to mid 90s era - The Legion and dark and gritty don't mix. 

And 70s Era Imra could never fly today.  None of the Dave Cockrum era costumes could work.

• Love 1

I'm getting ready for the Legion backlash.

So I take it that's a thing, in the comics, eh? Honestly - I don't know how you comic book fans can keep up with all the different groups of superheroes in the DC and Marvel universes. It seems like there's an endless list of them. Is the CW hoping for a spin-off? Is that the purpose of them now? I really dislike when Supergirl is merely servicing another show or a franchise rather than telling its own story.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

So I take it that's a thing, in the comics, eh? Honestly - I don't know how you comic book fans can keep up with all the different groups of superheroes in the DC and Marvel universes.

For the DC Comics Universe -

Justice Society/All Star Squadron - 1940s era superheroes banding together to fight Natsies.  Classically lived on Earth 2, where the 40s and 50s never ended.

Justice League - The creme de la creme.  Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and others.  Should be the example of close friendship and perfect combination of powers.  The movie blew this.

Teen Titans - The sidekicks of superheroes and other teenaged super beings band together to fight evil, usually family based.

Outsiders - Like the Teen Titans, only run by Batman

Legion of Superheroes - Perpetual teenaged superheroes from the far future who fight things like the Time Trapper, Mordu the Mystic, and The Fatal Five.  They base their group on the legends of the superheroes of old.  One has a power to eat anything - he is useless.

Doom Patrol - Super humans with odd powers face threats by even odder super villains.

Challengers of the Unknown - Dudebros fight monsters after getting second chances at life.  Later joined by a blonde lady.

Suicide Squad - Super villains who are offered reduced sentences in exchange for potentially deadly secret missions.  Run by a pissed off black lady of various physical sizes who knows Batman's secret and uses this to get him to back off.

There's also a group of supernatural superheroes that include Zatanna and John Constantine and Sgt. Rock's Easy Company.  Oh, and Green Arrow's annoying group, except Felicity.

That too much?  I'd do the Marvel Universe, but that doesn't involve Supergirl, so I can't post here.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, bmoore4026 said:

It is weird that if they were going to change everything about Imra except that's she's from Titan (her looks, her powers, her relationship partner) they didn't just use a different Legionnaire.

• Love 3
Just now, DavidJSnyder said:

It is weird that if they were going to change everything about Imra except that's she's from Titan (her looks, her powers, her relationship partner) they didn't just use a different Legionnaire.

Well, she is one of the founding Legionaries...and also the one who found a cure for Mon-El's lead poisoning.  Meanwhile, Shadow Lass gets shafted.

• Love 1

During her fight with Kara in the previous episode I could buy Reign as a serious threat. Maybe not a world-killer, she wasn't THAT impressive, but I suppose if they wanted Superman or Supergirl could eventually tear the world down so Reign probably could too given time. But judging by this episode I have to wonder if her fight with Kara wasn't a bit of a fluke. Mon-El and his two little buddies should barely have even slowed her down and there is no way they should have even survived unless Reign wasn't really trying. And there are more like her? Just how many ships launched from Krypton that day?

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, quarks said:

Netflix binging I'll grant you. And presumably he was introduced to Bon Jovi while bartending. But they also mentioned Aristotle and Shakespeare (even though it was a running joke last season that Mon-El never finished reading Romeo and Juliet) and....look, unless that pod was filled with smart drives containing the complete works of William Shakespeare and Aristotle and multiple films/books/music, I'm just not buying it.

When Irma said that Mon-El taught them about past Earth culture I thought someone was going to question whether or not Mon-El actually gave them the correct information. He could have told them that Shakespeare only wrote five plays and that Romeo and Juliet is a beautiful love story with a happy ending and the Legion wouldn’t be the wiser.

In that final fight I don’t think Reign was even trying. She could have easily ripped apart the prisoners (who for some unknown reason were trying to fight her rather than run to freedom) but she just knocked them down. And supposedly she’d gone to the prison to punish the prisoners and guards.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

When Irma said that Mon-El taught them about past Earth culture I thought someone was going to question whether or not Mon-El actually gave them the correct information. He could have told them that Shakespeare only wrote five plays and that Romeo and Juliet is a beautiful love story with a happy ending and the Legion wouldn’t be the wiser.

In that final fight I don’t think Reign was even trying. She could have easily ripped apart the prisoners (who for some unknown reason were trying to fight her rather than run to freedom) but she just knocked them down. And supposedly she’d gone to the prison to punish the prisoners and guards.

If it were up to me, it would turn out Mon-El was taking credit for things Superman did and he had Saturn Girl alter everyone's memories to take credit and feel like a big man.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

If it were up to me, it would turn out Mon-El was taking credit for things Superman did and he had Saturn Girl alter everyone's memories to take credit and feel like a big man.

I wouldn't put it past Mon-El to do that, but he wouldn't even need Saturn Girl. If they don't have ANY early Earth history and are getting it all from him Mon-El could literally tell them anything and they wouldn't know the difference. Although besides taking credit for things he didn't do I also wouldn't be surprised if he got his info about Aristotle from something like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

Reign could have killed everyone in the prison and left before Mon-El and friends even got there. Either she was enjoying showing off (to people stupid enough to punch someone who probably crashed through the ceiling and dresses like Dark Supergirl) or the human part of her is keeping from being as utterly, destructively brutal as she could be.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

- I liked the scenes inside Kara's mind but the resolution was weak, she kept herself locked up because she needed to learn that she needs to be Kara Danvers again and accept her humanity? a little weak and not really related to her fight with Reign.

I like Brainiac he's a needed comic relief for this season and his scenes with Kara were fun, I doubt it will become romantic because he seems stranger to humans emotions.

The big fight was so disappointing, I wanted to see Jonn fighting with the legion, instead they came without a strategy, just Imra throw a bunch of weights gets knocked out, Jonn attacks loses immediately and poor Mon-El isn't even given the dignity of fighting before being neutralized because the writers seem to hate him and want him to look as weak and useless as possible. I really don't understand what the writers are doing with this character, I thought they were building up to a revelation with his dour withdrawn attitude but just like the legion I'm less and less convinced that there's a plan.

But now there are more worldkillers coming so maybe that's how there are going to justify the presence of the legion by giving us a giant fight with everybody

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Iceman91 said:

The big fight was so disappointing, I wanted to see Jonn fighting with the legion, instead they came without a strategy, just Imra throw a bunch of weights gets knocked out, Jonn attacks loses immediately and poor Mon-El isn't even given the dignity of fighting before being neutralized because the writers seem to hate him and want him to look as weak and useless as possible. I really don't understand what the writers are doing with this character, I thought they were building up to a revelation with his dour withdrawn attitude but just like the legion I'm less and less convinced that there's a plan.

It HAD to be disappointing. Reign is supposed to be uber powerful. Mon-El could have at least got a couple of punches in, not that it would have done much good, but that's pretty much why they neutralized him immediately. J'onn is generally treated as a joke, his wide variety of powers should allow him to handle nearly any foe so he basically shows up and gets knocked out.

If there is a big Legion vs Worldkillers fight coming they better have some serious heat sleeping in that ship, because right now Kara is their biggest gun and she doesn't stand a chance against Reign by herself, let alone more like her.

• Love 1

I thought the scene where J’onn pretends to be Kara was hilarious but it bothered me when Lena pushed her way into the apartment. I recently had the flu and everyone avoided me. I could see Lena stopping by to check on Kara but she wouldn’t walk into the apartment and make herself comfortable because she’d risk getting sick. Then again I’m not sure why I’m expecting the show to prioritize normal human behavior over plot at this point.

It also made me a little sad for Lena. Her friend was in a coma and no one was able to tell her. I haven’t read spoilers or anything but I feel like they’re setting it up so that when Lena finds out Kara is Supergirl she’s going to go evil. I don’t want Lena to be evil but I don’t think the writers will be able to resist the cliche. I honestly won’t blame Lena at that point because she has major trust issues. She’s going to be hurt when she finds out everyone and their brother knows but Kara didn’t let Lena in on the secret, despite being her best friend. Lena is still touchy about her last name and finding out that neither Supergirl nor Kara (being one in the same) trusts her will probably cause her to embrace the Luthor way. I’m just curious how many seasons that will take.

• Love 2