Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: He Said, She Said

• Start Topic

I can't believe they even managed to get 8 right since the clues were so awful.  The one that really sticks out is Eddie Murphy.  You say, "Beverly Hills Cop," and he would have gotten it right away. 

Although kudos to him for getting "Ghostbusters" in the early round after the first clue was "Belushi." 

I liked Brooklyn Decker more than I thought I would; Chrissy Teigen less than I expected (which is saying something because I went into it expecting not to really like her).

(edited)
OMG, that was the most cringe-inducing final round ever!!

I think you may be right, and there've been some bad ones. J.D. may be the most finely tuned contestant they've had (though... it's a shame about biffing Katie Holmes, which could've pulled him through despite everything). But Sarah Chalke combined the final-round faults of Minnie Driver ("this is my favorite actor -- what, that isn't enough?") and Al Roker ("Um, um..."). She really does need to write him a check out of her own money.

Edited by Rinaldo
  • Love 1

I don't think why JD picked Sarah either.  My first pick would've been Donald and then if he really wanted someone from his own team, then Brooklyn would've been it.

Eddie Murphy was pretty easy and I couldn't believe she couldn't think of "Beverly Hills Cop" or "Donkey from Shrek"?  I do think it was funny that on an episode with Donald and Sarah from Scrubs, one of the contestants name was JD (Zach Braff's character name from Scrubs).

Of course my favorite moment of the game was during clue boom, category - sports:

Brooklyn's clue of "breakfast at Dennys" and Chrissy getting it right with "Grandslam."

• Love 2
(edited)

Presumably if you've led the life of a supermodel with decades of self-starvation behind you, huge satisfying breakfasts haunt your dreams.

This is the third time Donald Faison has been on. He hasn't been picked for final round any of those 3 times. (The wiki episode page is handy for this.) It's true that in all 3 cases choosing him would have involved team-jumping; but sticking with the contestant's own team (Chris Colfer, Joel Madden, Sarah Chalke) didn't result in the big prize any of those times, so that didn't work out so well. Better to pick the best person regardless (Zachary Levi, anyone?).

In fact, of the 20 episodes shown so far, the $25,000 has been won just 10 times -- exactly half. J.D. should've been an 11th, and it's not his fault he wasn't. (The helpful celebs for those 10 wins were Yvette Nicole Brown twice, Anthony Anderson, Aubrey Plaza, David Giuntoli, Rachel Bilson, Valerie Bertinelli, Thomas Lennon, Nate Berkus, and Mr. Levi. The lowest total, if anyone wants to know who not to pick, was Cobie Smulders with $4000.)

Edited by Rinaldo
  • Love 1
In fact, of the 20 episodes shown so far, the $25,000 has been won just 10 times -- exactly half. J.D. should've been an 11th, and it's not his fault he wasn't.

Who picked the awful Sarah Chalke as his partner?  JD did.  He could've guaranteed a $25,000 win by picking Donald Faison, but alas he didn't.  

• Love 2

Sarah Chalke definitely messed up that last round.  But I really had no opinion on Chrissy Teigen going into this and I found her a little on the obnoxious side.  For instance she was celebrating that her team won when Jane was trying to go into her obligatory saying goodbye to the loser bit and it just came off rude.  Celebrate by all means, but it just seemed like the moment when you should be politely clapping for the loser and waiting until she takes her exit.  But it wasn't just that one moment.  Something about her rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm with you spanana.  Until this episode, I have never heard of Chrissy Teigen.  And I was not impressed.  I  found her obnoxious and attention-grabbing.  However, I'm a bit bummed because I was getting to like Brooklyn Decker but now knowing she's friends with this extremely obnoxious person makes me think less of her.

Just saw the repeat of this episode. Man! Who doesn't pick the man who schooled John Legend in Lassie?! The guy goin' home with 8k instead of 25k, that's who!

I wasn't as put-off by Chrissy as others, but then, I don't really care about what's going on with her or Mr. Legend. I was glad to see Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker! (I keep swearing that Seann William Scott's on!) Sad face that Brooklyn's show is over, but maybe something a bit better will come along.  

Sarah Chalke and Donald Faison are just gold. I wish the handshake and splits thing weren't used, but good on Sarah to still do that in such tight clothes and heels, to boot! I agree with Tara about the miming. The rules need to be clearer on which games it's okay to act out during and what games don't allow it at all. Obviously, I Love A Charade and Back to Back can have miming, but Take The (Hint)  needs to have clearer limits.

Also, Chrissy T., kissing JD -when he's as lost as he is- will not put him in mind of 'bride'. I was think-yelling "Buss?!"  *sigh* I put Ms. Teigen a bit lower than Valerie Bertinelli, who is super competitive and is willing to cheer her side and give a little trash talk (nothing too mean, iirc). At least Valerie B. doesn't dismiss her competition with seemingly no reason.  Then again, Mr. Legend? Lower than many, as he obviously didn't get or care that he wasn't helping anyone while trying to be cooler than cool in Clue Boom.

A good game, just not as spectacular as it could've been with Donald Faison and Andy Roddick. Brooklyn is good, but she's not Yvette Nicole Brown- level.