Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Groomzilla

• Start Topic

On 1/14/2018 at 9:06 PM, SuzyLee said:

His. Hair.  He had the audacity to criticize and micromanage every single aspect of her appearance in the wedding and THAT is how he showed up?!  I have no words.

Looks like FTony jumped out of bed just threw on his sunday best.With that shit assed grin. I have to look hip & cool for my adoring fans.I'm getting married on Tv

• Love 2

I've only kept current with Mykelti and FT in a cursory way--momentary snippets of the show, glances at social media when this forum links to it, etc. Even so, the dynamic between them is disturbingly familiar to me. I went into my first marriage with the same headstrong romantic blindness that I see in Mykelti. And just like FT is for her, my husband was a terrible choice for me--and the fact that our marriage was a glaring error was obvious to EVERYONE. I was deeply entrenched in a religious ethos that treasured the submissive, Proverbs 31 woman; getting married and starting the engine on that happily-ever-after machine was an all-consuming goal. All my closest friends were pairing off and getting engaged; meanwhile, I was desperately hoping my Mr. Right would show up.

The trouble was, when he did show up he was all kinds of wrong--and part of his wrongness was being incredibly possessive over me and having an ego that got off on having someone show him romantic interest. Mykelti's post (Twitter?) extolling the glory of her one year anniversary didn't make me think, "Well that's so nice...they must actually be happy." Instead, it was like a nasty flashback to how really, REALLY hard I worked to pretend my marriage was everything it should be, everything I desperately wanted it to be. Despite every red flag imaginable, I put my head down and bulled my way to the altar, then spent 18 years trying to prop that mess up all by myself. My impression is that Mykelti was desperate for validation, and after a lifetime of being taught that the pinnacle of a woman's life is to become the object of some dude's romantic interest, she dutifully put on blinders and forged ahead. If I had a crystal ball, I think it would tell me she is already often quite miserable, but that she'll stay in the ever-growing misery even after the point when she can't stand FT anymore, if only to prove that she knew what she was doing when she married him. I honestly feel so sad for her.

• Love 7
On January 15, 2018 at 8:15 AM, Adiba said:

Yes, many years ago when I had my wedding, my father was quite large and we found a tux to fit him. The only difference between his tux and the groomsmen was that he had a black vest and not a cummerbund because it would have looked terrible on him. My Dad looked quite dapper, imo.

I've been in numerous weddings and we've never had an issue with the larger men -whether height or weight, finding a working outfit.   The Browns are in Las Vegas - home of wedding chapels. Tony was just too lazy, imho, to go and fork out the money for a fitting dress shirt and sports coat or a suit for himself.  He looks lazy and like he just rolled out of bed and got dressed.  He was so controlling on Mykelti's dress and hair and then he's the embarrassment of the day in the attire department.

Also in several places on the web they list Tony's job as banker.  Seriously? Then he has business attire that fits, or he doesn't have a job.  Unless they mean he stands over the safe in the pawn shop.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Also in several places on the web they list Tony's job as banker.  Seriously? Then he has business attire that fits, or he doesn't have a job.  Unless they mean he stands over the safe in the pawn shop.

I've decided he's a janitor in a bank.  No proof.  Just MHO.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

also in several places on the web they list Tony's job as banker.  Seriously? Then he has business attire that fits, or he doesn't have a job.  Unless they mean he stands over the safe in the pawn shop.

That is such a good point!  Even the male tellers at our bank ALWAYS wear suits and ties - ALWAYS - (and they look so nice!)  He would have HAD to have had something other than jeans and tennis shoes.   In fact - now that I think about it - EVERY GUY in the bank no matter what his position wears a suit and tie.  Every.  Single. Day.   That's just so weird.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That is such a good point!  Even the male tellers at our bank ALWAYS wear suits and ties - ALWAYS - (and they look so nice!)  He would have HAD to have had something other than jeans and tennis shoes.   In fact - now that I think about it - EVERY GUY in the bank no matter what his position wears a suit and tie.  Every.  Single. Day.   That's just so weird.

We live in Arizona.  The only way you can tell someone is from out of state is when you see a man in a suit and tie.  Hardly anyone wears suits and ties here.  Hardly anyone wears them to church, even pastors; not bank tellers.  Mostly just Mormons and out-of-towners.  Bank tellers usually wear polo shirts with the bank logo, and chinos or other non-jeans.

• Love 3
Just now, AZChristian said:

We live in Arizona.  The only way you can tell someone is from out of state is when you see a man in a suit and tie.  Hardly anyone wears suits and ties here.  Hardly anyone wears them to church, even pastors; not bank tellers.  Mostly just Mormons and out-of-towners.  Bank tellers usually wear polo shirts with the bank logo, and chinos or other non-jeans.

OH my gosh - how interesting that it is so different from state to state!  (Like the fleas! ha ha!)   I'm in Colorado, and every bank I have ever been to was suits and ties.  So yeah, I guess it's possible FT doesn't own a single suit or tie.  I guess.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

So yeah, I guess it's possible FT doesn't own a single suit or tie.  I guess.

But he should have a pair of chinos or something other than ill-fitting dirty jeans.  I cannot fathom how any bank would have him out front for the public to see.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Perhaps Tony is really very professional while at work.

Well, he could be !!!

If he requested a raise at work and was told the budget did not allow, he could suggest the bank restructure their financial plan.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well, he could be !!!

No doubt about it.  But that still doesn't change the fact that he was extremely nit-picky on Mykelti's bridal gown and hair and then he shows up in dirty jeans and tennis shoes for his own wedding.  That photo with the stain on the jeans was taken BEFORE the reception but after the ceremony - so we can assume he didn't slop tacos on his leg.  Why be professional at work but a slob at your own wedding?  If it's all about comfort (and I find it hard to believe that slacks and a nice shirt are so awful to wear for the time it takes for your wedding ceremony) he could have dressed nice for the ceremony to match his new bride in her wedding finery and changed before the reception.  At the reception it's all about celebration and fun, so jeans (although dirty) would have been fine.

• Love 5
On 1/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, Dave James said:

Looks like FTony jumped out of bed just threw on his sunday best.With that shit assed grin. I have to look hip & cool for my adoring fans.I'm getting married on Tv

The least he could have done would be to stay on the color scheme theme.  The maroon shirt was on point, but I guess he couldn't find yellow or teal jeans, silver sneakers are everywhere.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Well, he could be !!!

Darn.  We should have asked for a LOL button with the server upgrade!!!!

42 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The least he could have done would be to stay on the color scheme theme.  The maroon shirt was on point, but I guess he couldn't find yellow or teal jeans, silver sneakers are everywhere.

Yep.  I wore mine to go out for lunch with a friend yesterday.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I've been in numerous weddings and we've never had an issue with the larger men -whether height or weight, finding a working outfit.   The Browns are in Las Vegas - home of wedding chapels. Tony was just too lazy, imho, to go and fork out the money for a fitting dress shirt and sports coat or a suit for himself.  He looks lazy and like he just rolled out of bed and got dressed.  He was so controlling on Mykelti's dress and hair and then he's the embarrassment of the day in the attire department.

He knew how to 'dress up' for his friends wedding when he was best man.  

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've decided he's a janitor in a bank.  No proof.  Just MHO.

Maybe he's the pawn shop banker???  Watches the money for that place the minister at his wedding owns.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe he's the pawn shop banker???  Watches the money for that place the minister at his wedding owns.

Dang! Why couldn't he have worn this to his wedding? I was thinking he would probably look bad regardless of what he was wearing but this pic shows he could look very nice if he wanted to. Mikelti needs to grow a backbone. She should've insisted he wore something like this. And if he refused, then she should've said fine, I'm wearing my hair up then. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Dang! Why couldn't he have worn this to his wedding? I was thinking he would probably look bad regardless of what he was wearing but this pic shows he could look very nice if he wanted to. Mikelti needs to grow a backbone. She should've insisted he wore something like this. And if he refused, then she should've said fine, I'm wearing my hair up then. 

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Wow, he really looks good here, Mykelti too.

I suppose he just wanted to be his version of comfortable for his own wedding, which I understand. But yes, if he's going to wear jeans and sneaks, then he could at least shut his mouth about how Mykelti wears her hair. Who knows, maybe Mykelti loved the way Tony looked?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Wow, he really looks good here, Mykelti too.

I suppose he just wanted to be his version of comfortable for his own wedding, which I understand. But yes, if he's going to wear jeans and sneaks, then he could at least shut his mouth about how Mykelti wears her hair. Who knows, maybe Mykelti loved the way Tony looked?

Maybe.   But I haven't met a person yet who finds stains on clothes attractive.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Maybe.   But I haven't met a person yet who finds stains on clothes attractive.

LOL, no, stains are not attractive. Will be interesting to see how they pulled this wedding together - maybe we will see how the stain entered the picture. :P

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I shudder thinking of how Tony would look in yellow or teal jeans.  Any stains would have been all the more obvious.  He has no class, but that describes most of the Browns, I suppose.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

OH my gosh - how interesting that it is so different from state to state!  (Like the fleas! ha ha!)   I'm in Colorado, and every bank I have ever been to was suits and ties.  So yeah, I guess it's possible FT doesn't own a single suit or tie.  I guess.

Same here in CA!  My sister worked in a bank until a couple of years ago and they had to wear skirts, couldn't have any tattoos, multiple earrings, they HAD to wear pantyhose and it was so old school.  The men wore suits.  All for barely above minimum wage.

• Love 3

I'm in CA and must go to the wrong banks.  I haven't seen a suit on a bank employee in 15 to 20 years.  I have seen a few ties though, but not on tellers.  I can remember when the women all wore business suits and stockings, but that's been a long, long time ago.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Same here in CA!  My sister worked in a bank until a couple of years ago and they had to wear skirts, couldn't have any tattoos, multiple earrings, they HAD to wear pantyhose and it was so old school.  The men wore suits.  All for barely above minimum wage.

The bank I work for requires us to wear suit jackets and ties for men. An official document about this directs us to go to goodwill if we can’t afford it.  

• Love 4
On 1/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

Aspen's fiance is definitely from the AUB/Allred Group. If I guessed right Mitchell Thompson is the son of Lynn Thompson, current president of the AUB. 

You are correct and Lynn's daughter Rosemary Williams from the show My 5 Wives accused him of sexual abuse.  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/22/rosemary-williams-my-five-wives-abuse_n_6205594.html

Edited by lettsjetts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

And to add to the wreath, Auralee Thompson Brinley, from the new Seeking Sister Wife show, is in the mix too.

And Jeff Alldredge's son from his first marriage (not featured on Seeking Sister Wife) married Mitch's younger sister.  We need "Politicsrusprinciple" to lay this all out for us  :)   

• Love 5
5 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

And Jeff Alldredge's son from his first marriage (not featured on Seeking Sister Wife) married Mitch's younger sister.  We need "Politicsrusprinciple" to lay this all out for us  :)   

I wish politicsprinciple were back. You KNOW they would be on it!

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 5
On 1/27/2018 at 11:18 AM, Jeanne222 said:

On 1/27/2018 at 11:18 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Obviously the best man and his bride have better taste than tony and mykelti do.

It is truly sad that tony has more respect for his friend than for his own bride though.

Also this pic is better than his own wedding pic, I hope that she can get some extra copies made up And maybe replace some of her framed wedding pics

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Kijod1 said:

Obviously the best man and his bride have better taste than tony and mykelti do.

It is truly sad that tony has more respect for his friend than for his own bride though.

Also this pic is better than his own wedding pic, I hope that she can get some extra copies made up And maybe replace some of her framed wedding pics

Re-writing history with doctored photos is not unheard of with the Brown clan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11