Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Resisting Temptation

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, gingerella said:

@J. Matazz, thank you for sharing your thoughts on those questions we've been batting around. I realize that it's all dependent on the individual but it's always helpful to get firsthand knowledge from those who've experienced this transition firsthand. Thank you for being open to sharing your experiences with us, at least maybe we will learn something here, no thanks to TLC! 

Glad to help, thanks for the kind words. I figure if I can help just one person, albeit indirectly, be it a family member, a friend, a classmate, coworker, and so on, it's worth it. Just leave the world a little better than it was upon arrival. Others got me to where I am now, pay it forward, you know?

Besides, genuinely find it fun to answer the questions. Appreciate all that you've asked and being able put up with me. :)

• Love 2
On 1/16/2018 at 9:55 PM, Quilty said:

Does jazz do any studying or learn about something besides gender issues?

This constantly disturbs me, too. I can certainly see her becoming a gender studies professor or something else trans-adjacent. But to get there, you need to study and learn all kinds of things: psychology, history, statistics, economics, etc. I wish they would show her participating and being interested in such, as not showing this isn't exactly flattering to the trans community. I've known a few trans people, and none of them focused on their trans-ness, it was a fact of life, and they were more passionate about other things.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:26 PM, janedi said:

I have never liked Noelle, She has always had an arrogant haughty air about her. Don't know why people like her so much.

Because she's a lot less offensive, in-your-face, and arrogant relative to Jazz. We don't have a big contestant pool here so far!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Maricopa said:

This constantly disturbs me, too. I can certainly see her becoming a gender studies professor or something else trans-adjacent. But to get there, you need to study and learn all kinds of things: psychology, history, statistics, economics, etc. I wish they would show her participating and being interested in such, as not showing this isn't exactly flattering to the trans community. I've known a few trans people, and none of them focused on their trans-ness, it was a fact of life, and they were more passionate about other things.

But this is the storyline of the show. They have 40 minutes to tell a story so every conversation has to refer back to her trans issues. 

• Love 2