Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S24.E02: Beauty Is Los Angeles

The top 15 are thrown immediately into the fire and expected to walk the lengths of Venice Beach Skate Park, then join in on Hollywood's baby boom trend.

Jeana is so incredibly beautiful. I lol'd at Drew saying she brought the MILF. I'm liking Drew and "I'm going to buy a uterus on Ebay!" Law.

Stacey McKenzie should get her own show (and still show up for ANTM)

"White Picket Fence" went home! Brendi -- the show did a great job of making me learn her name and hey, did you know she lives in a car? After even Tyra mentioned it, we knew it was going to be her pho-TO in Tyra's hands. Not that I'm complaining. There's definitely something there.

Based on the edited comments, I was super confused with the order of the pho-TOs.

• Like 2

Innnteresting that Brendi K. (dafuq wit dat name? And consider my spelling in the above rhetorical question my meta-commentary on that) and Maggie are the two who are out of order, alphabetically, in the title sequence. 

Well, technically, I guess it’s either Brendi K. and Liz OR Christina and Maggie who are out of order, but that ruins my point so we’ll just pretend; at least, they’re each one half of the two “flipped” pairs when everyone else, IIRC*, seemed to be shown alphabetical by first name.  

(Was there a title sequence in episode 1? I’m assuming not, as we didn’t find out until the end of the episode who was selected for the Fetch Fierce Final Fukked-Up Fifteen or whatever Fraze Tyra is trying to make happen this menstrual cycle, but maybe they played it then and I don’t remember) so I don’t know if we’re gonna get different swaps each week so we can know who’ll be the two beeyooteeful women standing before Tyra when she only has one pho-TOE left in her hand even before they knock us out with their anvils a few minutes later, or if the editors just don’t know their ABCs):

I only decided to pay attention this time as I realized I didn’t know a single one of their names, and when they got to Brendi K (second, after Christina), my first thought was, “The hell? There are TWO Brendis on this show?” and, while on the lookout for Brendi X or whatever, realized that everyone else was alphabetical and sadly there’d be no Brendi Elemenopeigh, that that was ... just her name. But then, I realized that, although slightly less obvious than had it been, like, Khrystyana or Rhiyan or at-least-not-Lybirti,-I-guess, because their parents didn’t hate them at birth, Maggie and Liz were, likewise, flipped.

*Ima feel hella dumb** unstablely ungenius if I really wasn’t paying nearly as much attention as I thought/just demonstrated I’d score, at best, a 15/30 on the MoCA and they actually weren’t alphabetical at all.

**So does this make me sound like a White Homegirl From Maine? (Because, really, I think I just sound like I’m in middle school and not, holy shit, the same age as Erin-the-grandma-with-five-kids).

Edited by methadonna · Reason: Autocorrect or something turned a random phrase into something that coulda been a Born-to-be-a-Fetch-Fierce-Top Model name: “end of” became Endor. If Tyra casts an alleged Endor during her next cycle, I get full credit/blame.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

Based on the edited comments, I was super confused with the order of the pho-TOs.

Same. That was a weeeeeird call-out order. I thought for sure Jeana would've gotten called first and I wonder if Drew cut Maggie because he thought she was rude and not taking the photo shoot seriously.

Not sure I liked the idea for the photo shoot.

• Like 2

There are some beautiful girls this season..I loved the photo shoot. I liked Maggie, she had a great walk, better than living in my car girl..

Liz is cute, but her wacky girl act will wear thin..

I'm the odd one out, I can't take to .Stacy, and she is rumored to be a real bitch to work with.

Tyra looks lovely as always..

• Like 2

I thought it was interesting that they said that Sandra knows how to photograph herself, but not let others do it for her. That's actually an interesting point as to the difference between an instragram model and a regular model, but I kind of wish they told the girls this just so they can practice when they're at the house.

Rio is beautiful, but they did her dirty with those earrings during the photo shoot. I couldn't pay attention to the photo since all I could see were those two huge globes on her neck that made her head/neck look weird.

• Like 4

It's going to take me forever to learn everyone's name but I am loving Jeana so far.  Also Coura.  

I really want to like Ivana but she looked sloppy and anything but fierce when they were runway walking for Stacey.  Glad Stacey spoke to her about losing that insecurity.  She's a pretty girl.  

What did those judges see in the girl who won the runway challenge?    I thought she clumped and looked kinda awkward, not effortless.  Whatev.  

LOVED Drew calling out White Home Girl or whatever her name was.  Her attempts at being down (and her photo shoot!) were painful to watch.  Buh bye!

I do not see what the judges see in Shanice or Christina.  They had the worst pictures this week and terrible walks.  One or the other, or better yet, both, should've gone home this week.  I thought Maggie's photo was pretty, in a bohemian kind of way.  It would work as a commercial shot, if not a high fashion one.  Of course, none of them were particularly high fashion.

I liked Coura's photo, but either Rio or Erin should've gotten first call out.  I find Coura fascinating, though.  She's got a very strong, rather masculine face (and I mean that in a good way) and she really knows how to find her angles.  She's definitely one of my top contenders.

13 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

Jeana is so incredibly beautiful.

I find her unattractive in person (and by that I mean in the house and at panel), but her face strangely transforms to something quite beautiful when photographed.  And it's not just the makeup and lighting, I don't think.  It's weird, but fascinating, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

• Like 2

That was one of the dumbest photo shoot ideas I have ever seen. And that’s saying something considering the history of ANTM. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, PityFree said:

That was one of the dumbest photo shoot ideas I have ever seen. And that’s saying something considering the history of ANTM. 

You just know that a returning new mom Tyra had to make it all about her.  We even got to hear about her 7 cycles of IVF, the last shot coming backstage at a fashion show!   Maybe the next photoshoot will have the girls trying to inject themselves with hormones...

• Like 8

So far I like Rio and Krystianna. Maggie did do horrible in the photoshoot but I liked her look. The dress and long hair/flower corwn was very pretty. If I ever do a maternity shoot, I'd want that look or Liberty's.

Ok I'm confused. Why did Tyra have to do IVF if she used a surrogate? I know it was a gestational surrogate, but I guess I am a dummy when it comes to that process...

I'm surprised they found a semi decent photo of Maggie because she was sure acting a fool at that photo shoot. I think that was probably why she got cut. 

• Like 2

What the fuck was that photoshoot? Absolutely ridiculous. I do not like looking at pregnant bellies, so that was like torture for me.  I feel that the photos would have been really nice otherwise, but I guess they would have lacked a theme and the chance to make it all about Tyra. She really is something else. 

Wow, Tyra, what an inspirational story! 7 rounds of IVF! Because everyone can afford that! 

The girl who was called second to last looks so much like Arya Stark. 

Edited by Zima
  • Like 2

If Tyra used her own eggs with a surrogate, she would've been given the shots to encourage egg production and release so they could be harvested.

Jeana is so beautiful and she looks so damn tall. I saw her in the kitchen next to the others and noticed how short she was, but you don't notice on the runway or in photos, which is great. I am hoping it's not just her hair making her look tall because I have a feeling Tyra's going to cut it all off.

Brendi reminds me of Emma Stone and Erin reminds me of Cree Summer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, threebluestars said:

If Tyra used her own eggs with a surrogate, she would've been given the shots to encourage egg production and release so they could be harvested.

Jeana is so beautiful and she looks so damn tall. I saw her in the kitchen next to the others and noticed how short she was, but you don't notice on the runway or in photos, which is great. I am hoping it's not just her hair making her look tall because I have a feeling Tyra's going to cut it all off.

Brendi reminds me of Emma Stone and Erin reminds me of Cree Summer.

Jeana has alopecia, so that's a wig -- and not a very good one. The first half of the episode, she looked like a Barbie doll with Barbie hair. Her face looked much better than it did last week, though. Like she's gotten some sleep and a good moisturizer. 

I'm not going to miss homegirl, and hope Brendi and Liz will be next, though I doubt it; they bring the drama.

Haven't decided who I'm cheering for yet (and still learning names) but I think I like Rio so far.

2 hours ago, PityFree said:

So, is alopecia going to be this season’s retinitis pigmentosa?

Obv but damned if she doesn't have some really interesting bone structure.

9 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Brendi looks like a man. Coura Or Jeans for the win!

I think Coura looks like a man, although she has got the body and the height! I quite like a bit of androgyny but I don't think she's all that great, facially.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, DeeReynolds said:

Ok I'm confused. Why did Tyra have to do IVF if she used a surrogate? I know it was a gestational surrogate, but I guess I am a dummy when it comes to that process...

<snip> 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, dleighg said:

I assume the shots were to make her produce a bunch of eggs to harvest (and then fertilize and implant).

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, threebluestars said:

<snip>

Yep. The fertilized eggs weren't implanted in Tyra - they were implanted in the surrogate (although Tyra didn't explain that. It did sound like she was saying SHE went through IVF, when n actuality she only provided the eggs. It was the surrogate who went through 7 rounds of IVF).

Wasn’t surprised White Homegirl was cut first.

is it just me or does Brendi K look a lot like C8 Renee? She even has the same sob story of being homeless and living out of her car.

Jeana is gorgeous but she is also under 5 feet 7, and has no hair. I doubt she will win since a Pantene campaign is one of the prizes this cycle.

Erin the 42 year old looks dead in the eyes in her photo to me. She screams “pretty housewife at the mall” to me, not a model. So I am sure she will be dragged all the way to the finals by Tyra.

I am rooting for Rio, Krystyna and Coura.

Edited by Mattipoo