Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, nexxie said:

So Danielle is cool with her girls hearing she had sex in a restaurant bathroom while on the job for the show?!

Right? Danielle's continued repulsive behavior shows that she has zero concerns about the well being of her daughters. So for her to act like Teresa's table flip scarred them for life, is so dumb. When they replay those scenes, you never see Danielle rushing to shield the girls, make sure they're okay, etc. Any flack those girls have gotten is because of HER. And HER actions. 

10 hours ago, b2H said:

Again with the cake.  Again.

I loved how Teresa was like, "It was plastic, so I threw it!"

10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I'm surprised with Melissa and standing her ground with Siggy and Teresa. Shocked actually

Melissa is the winner this season, IMO. She never really did anything horrible, and she was able to call people out on their bad behavior without losing her shit. I think she got along best with everyone, considering and was able to be the voice of reason many times. I'm digging this Melissa. 

• Love 24
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The bear maybe had a humane death (who knows if it died immediately, ran off to bleed to death, or possible even grazed and died later from sepsis) but I always wonder if they have cubs that when on to starve to death.  

Leaving orphaned babies is a HUGE problem with these animal culls. It's really sad. I never even noticed the bear in Margaret's house. Now I'm disgusted. 

• Love 11

I have a hard time with Andy's deference to Teresa.  Teresa and Melissa flat out lied about the status of Melissa being on Teresa's visitor's list? It is okay to put it in the book because after all she got paid for it. 

The cake although it had a fake bottom, there was plenty left to throw on the ground.  Calling the two of them animals and having to explain they were from Jersey didn't seem all that severe.   

Margaret the wreath-"I just spoke to the concierge (production)", remodel foreclosure, multi-million dollar business debt.

Danielle has got to be a one season return.  Does Danielle do anything?  I get it she screws in the bathroom of a crowded business but only after getting permission from Teresa and putting production on notice.  

The most entertaining moment-Ramona from RHONYC calling in.

• Love 7

Siggy is beyond nuts : Deflect, deflect, deflect! I'm a victim i cant be a bully cause everything is their fault Margret is evil!!! I'll totally just scream over you like a toddler that will prove I'm right and your wrong sticks fingers in ears and tongue out na na na na I cant hear you (thats how she acted the whole freaking reunion) Why would anyone go to her for relationship advice/ or any advice at all after this? shes hurting herself enough that no one really has to do anything lol

• Love 15

Rewatching Siggy trying to humiliate Melissa while a guest in Siggy’s house was worse the second time round. Siggy should be mortified with embarrassment. At least twice this season she admitted to being so drunk that she was out of control. From the looks of her face she hasn’t given up drinking. 

Dolores looked like a blowup doll~ I could barely stand to look at her. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Delores is morphing into Cha-Cha from Grease.

Also, even though it's been multiple seasons for some, I still can't keep these throwback names (Siggy, Delores, Margaret) straight on the forums. It's like I've wandered into a 1957 Tupperware party.

The chubby gym owner version.  Does she even use her gym equipment?

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Melissa is the winner this season, IMO. She never really did anything horrible, and she was able to call people out on their bad behavior without losing her shit. I think she got along best with everyone, considering and was able to be the voice of reason many times. I'm digging this Melissa. 

I've always liked Melissa, but she is getting even more likable over time.  Not to mention, she looks incredible.  I do love her personal style.  She looks great dressed up and dressed down.  Whatever work she has had done on her face is working well for her.  She looks the best I've seen her look.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, missyb said:

I hate being so shallow but I hate the way the women dress on New Jersey reunions. To me, it is the height of ridiculous. Only Melissa looks well dressed. These ball gowns ( and for me, this goes for all the reunions) makes clowns of them all. I really think this is Bravo/Andy's goal.

I fully agree!  Not just at the reunion, either - we saw waaaay too many v-necks cut down to the navel this season.  Open reminder to all Howives: Just because you CAN wear a dress doesn't mean you SHOULD.

11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think they've both acted obnoxiously, so it's interesting that only Siggy is being blamed mostly.

I think Siggy is being blamed because she just won't let any fight go, even after receiving - and accepting - a genuine apology from anyone.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, SillyOldClothCat said:

I think Siggy is being blamed because she just won't let any fight go, even after receiving - and accepting - a genuine apology from anyone.

100% correct she will not accept her part in any of it thats why shes coming across so bad and people are having the reaction they are having to her... even her APOLOGIES are not even that im sorry if you felt that way? so shes not sorry she made you feel that way, and goes on to make it the persons fault that she treated them like bat crap crazy... she needs an accountability coach someone introduce her to Teddy from Beverly Hills stat

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12

Actually loved Margaret's hair for once.  Both Margaret and Betsy Johnson need to ditch those fucking pigtails.  Seriously.  The hell?  Why could they possibly think that looks good.  

Because not everyone thinks the same thing looks good--or they don't give a shit what people think (Betsey Johnson doesn't need anyone's approval). I love them for non-work days when I need this shit out of my way--especially when I also need to wear a damn hat (because Jersey is the frozen tundra, ugh).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

I, for one, think Margaret's pigtails are cute. For some reason, they just fit with her. If she wants to have fun with her look, why not?

I do have to admit that the French braid centered on top of the head, which I have seen on this show and, I think, on Vanderpump Rules, is not my favorite.

I laughed at Andy's clench-teethed scolding of Melissa about the phone.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

And I really can never get on board with the idea that Margaret calculated the memorial to ice Siggy out. For all she knew, Siggy would come do yoga and spend the morning with them. And I just don't get the motivation here. At this point, they were still on relatively good terms. Also, Margaret has such a DGAF attitude, I can't see her being cold and calculating. She has a mouth on her and can cross boundaries sometimes. But I just don't think she cares enough to make chess moves on this damn show. 

Back when the episode first aired and Siggy accused Margaret of excluding her on purpose so Margaret could get in good with Tre and Mel did not make sense.  All of the ladies were texted that they were doing Yoga on the beach.  Siggy and Delores decided not to go because Siggy was still "upset" about the cake incident.  The memorial was a spur of the moment idea by Margaret, who had no idea Siggy was not coming.  And the cake throwing was started by and ended by Tre....Siggy's BFF.  Sheesh.  So Siggy's whole basis for her dislike of Margaret is not true.

With that being said, Siggy felt she was entitle to embarrass Mel on several occasions (in front of strangers) about the freaking cake.  She could not let it go, but that is ok because Siggy is entitled to her "feelings" even if it means purposely embarrassing Mel in the process.  And her apology sucked.  She apologized that it embarrassed Mel, not that her behavior was unacceptable and hurtful.  Cause you know it is all about Siggy.

And Siggy has said several times during the entire season her goal is to destroy Margaret and she made sure she screeched it several times at the reunion.  Siggy is unhinged and needs help.  I think given the crap Siggy has thrown at Margaret I don't blame Margaret for finally telling Siggy to shut it.

And Delores needs to stop whatever she is doing.  I respected her for filming without full makeup on like the rest of the cast and she looked good.  Whoever told her this "work" on her face would be a good idea must hate her..............

• Love 23

Siggy and Delores decided not to go because Siggy was still "upset" about the cake incident.  

I do not understand why they weren't asked how they could dare even be pissed when they didn't even acknowledge the invitation! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Right??!! Her whole getup looked physically painful. It was hard to watch.

As for Siggy, I really wanted everyone to double down on the Relationship Expert thing. For example, as a Relationship Expert, what advice would she have given to Melissa at the party? As a Relationship Expert, how should one respond to someone who accepts your apology, but still throws your offense in your face? As a Relationship Expert, should you show up to someone's birthday party just to respond to drama? Tell us, Siggy! The nonexperts want to know!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, beesknees said:

Actually loved Margaret's hair for once.  Both Margaret and Betsy Johnson need to ditch those fucking pigtails.  Seriously.  The hell?  Why could they possibly think that looks good.  

I liked it, not sure I loved it. It's that or the piggy tails. Funny she ditched them,probably heard how The Marge looks bloody stupid.

1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Rewatching Siggy trying to humiliate Melissa while a guest in Siggy’s house was worse the second time round. Siggy should be mortified with embarrassment. At least twice this season she admitted to being so drunk that she was out of control. From the looks of her face she hasn’t given up drinking. 

Instead she "owns it" by apologizing with "I may have acted inappropriately." May have acted inappropriately?!! MAY have?!!! She is exhausting.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Soggy, you made yourself look like pure shit. Your real self came out. Not a good dress choice either. 

She said she was dressed like "Belle" from Beauty in the Beast in honor of "housewives of belleview"  She shouldn't insult Disney with that comment.

What a psycho.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

It really was worse rewatching it. Siggy not being embarrassed is unbelievable.  I get people get drunk and act stupid at times. The thing is, most normal people are then horrified by their behavior,  Siggy wasn't . Instead she tried to make Melissa feel bad because Melissa was embarrassed and tried to justify humiliating Melissa.

As I was watching I realized,  they all know she's crazy and there is no real reason to try to get her to see their pov. Even Delores, I think sees Siggy is a nut bag but her hate of Danielle and dislike of Teresa is giving her some weird loyalty to Siggy. 

So happy Siggy will be gone. She's not fun to watch at all. I dislike some howives more than others but if they have interesting moments I can still watch. Siggy exhausts me. She's so delusional that after a while,  I'm like,  ok what ever let's move on she's not getting it.

• Love 19
13 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I agree. She started to go after Melissa first...Melissa just didn't bite. Something very odd indeed.

I still think everything is tied to Jacqueline. They (Shiddy Fucker and Dullardous) need to show their solidarity to Jacqueline. Jac's last season was her issue with Melissa. They sided with Jacqueline each time and ran after her. The end goal was separate Teresa from the other cast mates and bring her back into the fold with Jacqueline. Shiddy Fucker was going to have an issue with the "new person" no matter what as they in her eyes "replaced" Jacqueline and she wanted Jacqueline back.

Shiddy Fucker wasn't fired and she didn't quit. Bravo was just not going to ask her to come back or offer her a contract. I think she may have made some ultimatum to Bravo either she (Margaret) goes or I go and expected Bravo to beg her to stay. Bravo basically said, okay don't let the door hit you in the ass.

• Love 12

I think Siggy is so self-absorbed that she really doesn't understand that her actions may come across in any way other than she intended. It's like there is a part of her that is about 5 years old emotionally.

The funny thing is I actually do believe her when she says she means well, and that she doesn't start anything, but even that is schoolyard thinking. Not starting shit is good, but that's just one part of "positive human experiences" (apologies for sounding like Sheldon Cooper -- couldn't think of any other way to put that).  She has such an overwhelming need to be validated that she feels okay about getting that validation at any cost, right up to and including actually humiliating a guest?  That's beyond.

She's another one of these people who is very good to the people she loves. Big deal, that's easy. It's how you deal with people you don't love that says the most about you, imo.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think Siggy is so self-absorbed that she really doesn't understand that her actions may come across in any way other than she intended. It's like there is a part of her that is about 5 years old emotionally.

The funny thing is I actually do believe her when she says she means well, and that she doesn't start anything, but even that is schoolyard thinking. Not starting shit is good, but that's just one part of "positive human experiences" (apologies for sounding like Sheldon Cooper -- couldn't think of any other way to put that).  She has such an overwhelming need to be validated that she feels okay about getting that validation at any cost, right up to and including actually humiliating a guest?  That's beyond.

She's another one of these people who is very good to the people she loves. Big deal, that's easy. It's how you deal with people you don't love that says the most about you, imo.

And then she justifies her retaliative behavior by saying she did it because of how hurt or angry that person made her feel, regardless of how childish and over the top her reaction is.

She needs to learn coping mechanisms.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 13

It has been fascinating for me this season to watch a person, Siggy, single-handedly and willingly destroy their own “brand” (in quotes because I don’t know how much of a relationship expert following she actually had). I truly thought at the reunion, upon reflection and video evidence of her behavior, she would attempt a rebound, a change of course. No, nopity, nope. She doubled down. I am left with two not necessarily opposing opinions of  Siggy: Girl has some serious mental health/emotional issues or she’s just an awful person. Either way, I don’t want to watch her. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

They used to terrify me because they seemed so aggressive.  Turns out I'm usually the light source in a dark room so they're always waddling up to me, and their wings sound so like multiple wasps coming at you.  I'm getting used to them.  Of course where I'm from (Chicago) I would be dealing with beautiful lady bugs instead.

Chicago here and we have stink bugs.  Even this winter - every time the weather warms up past 35, they come out to say hello.

I can't stand them.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Agreed, except for the part about her being good to those she loves - imo, she smothers them and sees them as mere extensions of herself, ignoring healthy boundaries. Margaret was right about Sig’s “cookie” talk, referring both to her own vagina and her son’s girlfriend’s vagina. Actually most of the scenes with Josh show a lack of normal boundaries - the way she clings to him, gets orgasmic smelling his bed covers, etc. ICK!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Right. There is no statute of limitations with Siggy. Even if someone else started it, it's so crazy to keep bringing the same issue up over and over AND OVER. Ten years from now she'll still be bitching about that damn cake. 

• Love 11

When Melissa and Teresa were on WWHL they both were very kind when speaking about Siggy.  They both agreed that Siggy just didn’t know how to deal with being on reality television.  Both seemed to genuinely like her, but agreed the show was not good for her.  Siggy claimed that she always owned her behavior, but I didn’t see anything resembling that from her. 

Danielle is gross and I’m hoping her return was a one shot deal.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, chuckity said:

Chicago here and we have stink bugs.  Even this winter - every time the weather warms up past 35, they come out to say hello.

I can't stand them.  

gah! And how did I miss RedheadZombie saying they seem aggressive!? yikes!

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

I think we can all safely assume that after this episode aired, Siggy Flicker's "relationship expert" business is kaput.  Do we even know if that was ever a real thing?

What were her qualifications anyway - her divorce and fantasy relationship with her teen son?

• Love 12

Siggy is retweeting and commenting a bunch about users who pay people to make negative comments on social media. She has been on a mission to convince everyone that the thousands of mean things being said about her is really a handful of people who are thirsty enough to pay for such a service. All the while she's retweeting comments about how Margaret looked like a 2 dollar hooker at the reunion and stuff about Margaret's business...how is she so sure that she isn't promoting this kind of service when she's seemingly co-signing nasty comments like that by retweeting it? 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Siggy is retweeting and commenting a bunch about users who pay people to make negative comments on social media. She has been on a mission to convince everyone that the thousands of mean things being said about her is really a handful of people who are thirsty enough to pay for such a service. All the while she's retweeting comments about how Margaret looked like a 2 dollar hooker at the reunion and stuff about Margaret's business...how is she so sure that she isn't promoting this kind of service when she's seemingly co-signing nasty comments like that by retweeting it? 

The immaturity is strong in Siggy.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, A-Lo said:

I think we can all safely assume that after this episode aired, Siggy Flicker's "relationship expert" business is kaput.  Do we even know if that was ever a real thing?

She started making appearances on TV as a relationship expert in 2011, about the same time Caroline Manzo was cultivating her role as the relationship expert on RHNJ. Siggy was promoting her book in 2015, too. I remember Andy being surprised to find this out on WWHL when Siggy was a guest very early on.  While he was he was putting it together, I thought she looked hurt but choked her pride down while insisting what good friends she and Caroline were and she supported her 100%.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HadleyFields said:

She started making appearances on TV as a relationship expert in 2011, about the same time Caroline Manzo was cultivating her role as the relationship expert on RHNJ. Siggy was promoting her book in 2015, too. I remember Andy being surprised to find this out on WWHL when Siggy was a guest very early on.  While he was he was putting it together, I thought she looked hurt but choked her pride down while insisting what good friends she and Caroline were and she supported her 100%.

Wasn't Delores a guest on Caroline's radio show?  I think it was one they had on the show Season 2 or 3 whenever Caroline had her radio show.

• Love 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Sigster's being on this show has completely screwed her career as a "life coach" or whatever the hell.   She has shown us all wwaaaayyy too much cray to come back.  If I were Sig, I'd just go ahead and move my ass to Israel or somewhere and hope for the best.  Maybe the rest of the world doesn't know how completely nutso she is.  Otherwise, stick a fork in her, she is DONE.

Edited by goofygirl
sentence structure & wine!
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Wasn't Delores a guest on Caroline's radio show?  I think it was one they had on the show Season 2 or 3 whenever Caroline had her radio show.

I don't remember Delores from earlier seasons. Siggy's memorable because I felt it was clear that Caroline was ripping off her (highly competitive) career choice. I began disliking Caroline terribly when she started her know-it-all schtick, I loved that Teresa refused to go along with it. Do you remember Melissa trying to coax Teresa into taking Caroline's advice and Tre flat out said, I don't need her helping me mend my relationship with my brother. Melissa and Kathy were exasperated because that kind of an endorsement may have helped her sell more of her books.  I've always thought every woman and several of the men on RHNJ are very jealous of Teresa's success with her books and likeable/love-to-hate personality.  Back on topic: Yes, Siggy is really,really bad with relationships and her Zany Siggy act just doesn't work. Buh-bye Sigster, you won't be missed here.

Edited by HadleyFields
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, imjagain said:

The immaturity is strong in Siggy.

Yea the scenes at the Gorga’s tasting event really exemplified this. What mentally-healthy 50 year old woman sticks their tongue out at somebody?? And then shimmies up behind them making faces? 

God she’s an insufferable asshole. 

• Love 16
On 1/17/2018 at 9:25 PM, Hockey Addict said:

The Tre of today is in a much different place imo than the Tre that handed over cash in the furniture store. I think that jail and her mom dying knocked her for a loop.

except she's still a delusional piece of shit. she still is an immature bitch with anger issues.  no one can understand what you and your family are going/have gone through? fuck you. many people have gone thru much worse. you brought the jail shit on yourself by being a greedy deceitful pig. it's your fault (and your accomplice husbands) you missed a year of your mothers life and your children went without you and now their father .how the hell did she get to keep that monstrosity of a fugly home anyway? and as for your mother dying. it happens. be happy you had her for almost 50 years. some of us are not so lucky.  yeah, it sucks, it's called life.  i hate these people and i am pissed at myself for even watching anymore. and the reunion part 1 was boring except for maybe the last 5 minutes. 

• Love 3
On 1/17/2018 at 11:55 PM, movingtargetgal said:

My third grade teacher has a giant bear head hanging from her class room wall.  Her husband had shot it between the eyes and speaking of the eyes they were big and red ( He had them put in red eyes because the bear was so angry.)  I sat directly across from it all year and it scared the hell out of me.  I swear those red eyes followed me around that classroom all year.

that's horrible that the school even allowed that. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, chuckity said:

I can't stand them.  

Eh, they don't bother me. They move so slow.

• Love 2