Type keyword(s) to search

PODCAST S02.E06 Go Pirates!: Great, So, No Hard Feelings?

• Start Topic

Could Keith and Veronica be more alike in those two pictures?

i think the art show picture was hilarious and massively unconvincing. 

With the age difference Veronica and Clarence could be a convincing Nora and Nick. If either of them drank more. 

• Love 1

Veronica is juggling a lot of things in this episode and doing a good job. Her one place to withdraw, Duncan’s suite, just got tainted. 

Why is Aaron in the two bit drunk tank? He’s been  there for months? Wouldn’t he go someplace where they could protect him better? Like wherever they had Abel? 

Aaron always struck me as the kind of guy who lived above or at least at his means.

I think weevil just burned down Logan’s inheritance, except for the bit Aaron spends on lawyers and  the trust fund Logan goes through at Hearst. 

Why wasn’t weevil prosecuted? The insurance investigators would go hard core. Other rich people would want them put down. 

Logan wouldn’t keep it a secret. 

Edited by Affogato

Why is Aaron in the two bit drunk tank? He’s been there for months? Wouldn’t he go someplace where they could protect him better? Like wherever they had Abel?

I haven't rewatched season 2 in some time, but don't they mention he's there temporarily for a hearing or something?

I think weevil just burned down Logan’s inheritance, except for the bit Aaron spends on lawyers and the trust fund Logan goes through at Hearst.

Why wasn’t weevil prosecuted? The insurance investigators would go hard core. Other rich people would want them put down.

Logan wouldn’t keep it a secret.

You said it yourself, Logan's inheritance transferred to a big fat insurance check. Although you raise a good point about the arson investigation that should have followed. The endgame was obviously to have Logan living with Duncan, and any other consequences were sort of dropped after that.

Speaking of Duncan, I too am really confused by the "bestest most honest boyfriend" award he's given throughout season 2. I mean between the Meg thing and whatever was supposed to have happened with Kendall... it was just so weird that neither the show nor Veronica ever really called him out or acknowledged that he was acting shady and shitty.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Speaking of Duncan, I too am really confused by the "bestest most honest boyfriend" award he's given throughout season 2. I mean between the Meg thing and whatever was supposed to have happened with Kendall... it was just so weird that neither the show nor Veronica ever really called him out or acknowledged that he was acting shady and shitty.

I’m fairly sure that megs parents won’t let him see her at the school year end, probably because of the scandal.  I’m also fairly sure that he doesn’t learn of the pregnancy until she is in a coma (Lizzy probably tells him). He avoids talking to meg when school starts and doesn’t tell Veronica meg is pregnant. This is exactly the same thing he does when he drops Veronica without explains why. No more or less. He avoids unpleasant conversations. It probably has something to do with Celeste  

Im not seeing him as shady 

Anyway Veronica stands up to anything to protect someone else but she isn’t good at standing up for herself yet. She wants to please people. She learns eventually. 

Edited by Affogato
Too many ideas

I don't think Duncan is really shady either.  He's just not a POV character.  We don't ever really follow him outside of Veronica anymore.  He's just dull and really doesn't have much going on. 

I don't find it weird that Logan and Duncan would be living together.  I think they are both a little lonely.  

I loved Cliff in this episode.  He's the greatest. 

• Love 2

I guess my "What's up with Duncan" feelings are clouded by how the rest of his arc plays out. I should really re-watch this season, as I haven't watched the first half in some time (I always hop back in around Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough, because that's where the show really picks up speed again) but I just remember every time I watch it, Veronica never seems suitably pissed off at Duncan, and the one time she DOES snap at his indecisive, secretive behavior, it's all an act. I just find there to be valid criticisms to Veronica and Duncan's relationship that the show chooses to ignore.

• Love 1

I think a lot happens between season one and season two, and remember, V's POV. In season one she still thinks Logan is the bestest, most suavest, adult and sexually experienced, exciting guy--the one she swoons over when he says he thinks she's hot in the limo. She forgives him for the bullying on the thinnest of reasons and starts a relationship with him. In Season two she has seen his self destructive behavior and knows him better. Logan has lost both parents and all his roots and is a mess. Duncan has lost both parents and his roots and is a mess. This happened when the Marses are attacked at the end of season one, it was a game changer. Logan learns dad murdered Lilly, Duncan learns his parents thought he was a murderer. Veronica has almost lost her Dad and feels responsible.

I think in season two the three are clinging together, trying to recapture a time that doesn't exist any more. None of them is in romantic love with the other.  I think you could argue that they aren't particularly good friends at this point.

Edited by Affogato

Oh, you reckon it was the Argentine boyfriend that killed Amelia? I thought she'd faked her death and Wiedman was pretty much admitting that he was going to track her down and... deal with her permanently. But it was rather rushed and poorly explained (it's not like they don't have a Veronica VO that could make things clearer!).

Love Cliff going, "Get yourself a real lawyer!" to Logan.

I can see Logan temporarily crashing for a couple of nights at Duncan's suite, but long term seems bizarre (unless they got on REALLY well).