Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Unfashionably Late

• Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 0:01 AM, bravofan27 said:

According to Dictionary.com, a golddigger is "a woman who associates with or marries a man chiefly for material gain." It does appear, on the very rare times we see them together, that she very dressed up and asking for something. Right from the get go, we first see her ask Tom for permission to fix the marble on the pool. Then we see her ask Tom for permission to take the plane for her show, super dressed up at their lunch date. I don't recall seeing them just doing something (anything!) together, from going shopping to drinking coffee, to just talking. The one time they did dinner with LVP, Tom told her to "shush" and "go to your room." I did not sense any warmth from them, and Ericka seemed very uncomfortable being next to him, imo. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, Tom was dismissive with Ericka but flirty with LVP. My whole point is that they do not appear to be in love with each other. Maybe once they did love each other, but I would say that as of the time right now, the current snapshot is Ericka is solely with Tom for material reasons. If he could not or would not afford her "Ericka Jayne" thing, she'd be off looking for another investor to barter her services with. imo.

I don't think any of the women can remotely compare to Ericka's blatant gold digging.  Ken is clearly infatuated with Lisa and they adore each other. They have two children together they are devoted to and share a billion animals. I also think they are equal investors in everything, so if LVP does not have to be with Ken to be rich. I think Ericka does, as I'm not sure how well Ericka Jayne pays-- not well enough to afford her 40k monthly costs. 

Regardless, to me Ericka is a textbook gold digger. She makes no attempt to hide it, and obviously Tom knows what their marriage is about. It's not a slam at all, but I took Ericka's conversation about Tom as being more like, "How weird, Tom''s hurt and I actually sort of care a little bit. I have these odd feelings of sympathy and sadness, humm." It was more like musing. Like, "I saw my ex last week, and I haven't seen in years. It was actually really nice to see him..." Like detached, wow, emotions I feel type of reflection. 

I don't think she's a gold digger.  She was a pretty waitress who gave him the time of day, so he married her.  She gets to live in a mansion, travel on a private plane and even gets her own expensive hobby fully funded.  Her only child has a respectable job (interesting that he's moved home).  If anything she seems protective of Tom and the accident really rattled her.  In California, the spouse gets half of everything, so unless they aren't legally married (and there's no reason to think they aren't married), she doesn't have anything to worry about financially.  In her mind, it seemed that she never thought he'd die or be hurt and this was a wakeup call for her.  I also thought it was interesting that she was "confiding" to an employee, who when offered to help, was put back into his "employee lane" immediately.  It's kind of sad to see her do that with him, vs and actual friend.

Dorit on the other hand is a gold digger.  I don't think her husband actually has money, but that doesn't mean that she believes that he does.  I can't figure out though, why Lisa and Kyle are fighting for Dorit's friendship.  Are they concerned that Dorit is the future of the series?  I don't see that happening either.  The ladies also need something to do beyond lunches, dinners and trips.  But I guess if you live in BH, that's your life. 

• Love 4

When a 78 year old overweight man breaks his ankle, it  is serious. Ankle fractures in the elderly are a big deal, she should be worried. She acts like it is no big deal and he is a baby. There is a significant possibility of debilitating and, or, deadly complications. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4
On 1/16/2018 at 7:30 PM, twilightzone said:

Not everyone on these shows need to be an over the top, annoying drama queen.   Teddi is way more likeable and down to earth than pretentious, mean girl Dorit.  No contest there.  And there's horrible PK, who has to be one of the most unlike HW husband.

I dont know....i think jim marchese (rhnj) may win that title. I hate PK, but my dislike for jim is immense!!! 

• Love 3
On 1/17/2018 at 12:52 AM, BBHN said:

If anything, you'd think they'd be arguing over who isn't her best friend...

LVP: Kyle, dahling, admit it, she likes you more!

Kyle: Lisa, shut up, she's your best friend, not mine. God, just own it for once in your life!

That was pretty epic! Lol spot on! I read it in both their voices!

• Love 2
On 1/17/2018 at 11:33 AM, HunterHunted said:

It means that you have hire a $500 limo to take you to the airport to get a $5,000 first class ticket to leave this Icy-land...Ices-land...Eyes-land...Island where they don't make food with love and horrible womens are so busy eating, drinking, letting their babehs cry and cry and cry, and laughing about peoples good Christian  Armenian fathers dying.

LMFAO!!!! You win the internet with this one!

I don't keep up with the Kardashians, so I didn't realize it until I saw this Kylie pic referenced in a Grammy fashion recap, but Dorit's horrible outfit for lunch with Lisa was a riff on this outfit that Kylie wore

3F2C59AA00000578-4403928-image-m-171_149

I think Kylie wore it better.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't keep up with the Kardashians, so I didn't realize it until I saw this Kylie pic referenced in a Grammy fashion recap, but Dorit's horrible outfit for lunch with Lisa was a riff on this outfit that Kylie wore

3F2C59AA00000578-4403928-image-m-171_149

I think Kylie wore it better.

I need to clarify that Kylie's outfit is actually from April 2017. Because Dorit's outfit was filmed in the fall of 2017 if Kylie had worn her outfit this past weekend for the Grammy's, Kylie's outfit would have been riffing on Dorit and not the other way around.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I need to clarify that Kylie's outfit is actually from April 2017. Because Dorit's outfit was filmed in the fall of 2017 if Kylie had worn her outfit this past weekend for the Grammy's, Kylie's outfit would have been riffing on Dorit and not the other way around.

Yes, that's why I said Dorit's terrible outfit was a riff on this one.  Someone in Kylie's age group (maybe Hailee Steinfield?) wore a white evening gown with the same or similar boots so that's why the Kylie picture was shown.  I wasn't paying that much attention, but was like "holy hell, that's what Dorit was trying to do?"  When I saw it.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yes, that's why I said Dorit's terrible outfit was a riff on this one.  Someone in Kylie's age group (maybe Hailee Steinfield?) wore a white evening gown with the same or similar boots so that's why the Kylie picture was shown.  I wasn't paying that much attention, but was like "holy hell, that's what Dorit was trying to do?"  When I saw it.

Hailee Steinfeld wore a look that was literally fresh off the runway.  Walked last week.  It was amazing. 

On 1/16/2018 at 10:48 PM, rho said:

Dorit is quickly overpassing Erika for the worst dressed title

I don't disagree, but I think it's important to point out Kyle and her Honorable Mention.

• Love 1