Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Family Ties

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, twoods said:

Was she corrupt? Or am I confusing her with the other character she's plays on Blindspot. 

I do like that Vance's daughter didn't turn out to be the one shoplifting. There are enough "kids rebelling against their law enforcement parents" on TV, and we had Tim's annoying sister who fit that character.

No she wasn't corrupt but she was one of those political go getter types.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Driad said:

What happened to Vance's toothpicks?  Is he limiting deforestation?

Someone probably sent him a link to a story about gruesome accidents that can happen to people walking around with sharp objects in their mouths. 

On 1/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, Driad said:

At some times and places, a child who was legally adopted was issued a birth certificate with the adoptive parents’ names listed as the birth parents.  Not sure about the time and place in the episode, but the certificate alone did not ring my “stolen baby” alarm.

That got my attention also.  I was adopted as an infant, and my BC has my adoptive parents listed.  Nothing on it says anything about being adopted.  

That was a load of swill on several different levels; NCIS - I expect better from you.

I'm sure the family of the dead Marine will be thrilled to hear that the 15yo gets to stay with her kidnapping caregivers and thus escapes all consequences to the events leading to their loved one's death.

I can't stand sanctimonious lawyers, especially when they know their daughter/person they're defending is guilty.

It couldn't have been more obvious that Vance's daughter was taking the fall for her friend and while that was nice of Vance's daughter, it's really, really dumb to take the fall for your friend who obviously has a habit and is more than likely going to do it again before college. Also, any storyline with Vance's family just reminds me of the utter idiocy it was to kill Jackie and so I remain unable to muster up any feels.

The whole thing with the bio dad would have been a lot more compelling if the bio dad had gotten out of prison and been able to turn his life around and was a decent guy who had always wondered what happened to his daughter but hadn't been able to find her. Maybe have him married with a couple more kids, definitely him being stable and able to support said daughter. Then we could have had an interesting premise about whether she should stay with the only parents she's ever known, or the one who legally has the right for custody. And more than likely it would be the predictable conclusion, where he relinquishes custody to the kidnapping parents but is allowed a relationship, but at least it would be interesting.

I can understand having grown attached to the baby, but can also think of 100 ways that might have been a better way to go about it, starting with offering the bio dad money (he's not really in a position to negotiate), and like others said, accepting that a healthy white infant will be placed in a good home VERY quickly.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

The whole thing with the bio dad would have been a lot more compelling if the bio dad had gotten out of prison and been able to turn his life around and was a decent guy who had always wondered what happened to his daughter but hadn't been able to find her. Maybe have him married with a couple more kids, definitely him being stable and able to support said daughter. Then we could have had an interesting premise about whether she should stay with the only parents she's ever known, or the one who legally has the right for custody. And more than likely it would be the predictable conclusion, where he relinquishes custody to the kidnapping parents but is allowed a relationship, but at least it would be interesting.

But, if that had happened, we wouldn't have learned a valuable lesson about kidnapping being a good thing.

• Love 1
On 2/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, lh25 said:

That got my attention also.  I was adopted as an infant, and my BC has my adoptive parents listed.  Nothing on it says anything about being adopted.  

That makes me think about what my sister, who was adopted at six months, has on her birth certificate.

She actually found her biological mother (biological father was deceased), and it took her some detective work to do it, so obviously her biological mom's name is not on her birth certificate.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:23 AM, Katy M said:

But, if that had happened, we wouldn't have learned a valuable lesson about kidnapping being a good thing.

STOP!  I can't stop laughing at work now.  Curse you...

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 9:29 AM, Clanstarling said:

I put my money on the scientific article @MissLucas gave us the link to. It's a dull read, but very in depth and once you get to the end of it, it explains how yes, it can happen. It's one of those things we were taught that was more complicated than the simplified version we learned in school.

And remembering my lessons from HS Bio, there are -- like you state -- certain genetic traits which don't follow the classic hereditary 2x2 grid chart.  Eye color and hair color are two of them.  It's a lot more complicated for those traits.  (Then, of course, you have the sex gene traits, like color blindness, which I have, which drop one of those squares in the 2x2 grid chart.)

• Love 1