Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Pimple Popper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, BucFan said:
9 hours ago, GaT said:

Wow, that poor woman with the cysts all over her. her life must be rough.

I hope she gets more treatments. My heart broke for her. 

I AGREE!  It's sad that she believes her life will be so much better now.  I wonder if Dr. Lee will be able to treat her over MANY years...and will new tumors appear as quickly as current ones are removed.  I hope scientists are working on the genes.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I AGREE!  It's sad that she believes her life will be so much better now.  I wonder if Dr. Lee will be able to treat her over MANY years...and will new tumors appear as quickly as current ones are removed.  I hope scientists are working on the genes.

In the olden days the only place for her would have been in a circus freak show. She does seem more confident, and if she is out in public, more people can become aware of the condition. Her eyes are gorgeous.

• Love 3

Re: The woman with the cysts- She said it was a hereditary condition, her grandfather and mother have it too. If her sons do inherit this condition, hopefully they will receive treatment early. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BucFan said:

Re: The woman with the cysts- She said it was a hereditary condition, her grandfather and mother have it too. If her sons do inherit this condition, hopefully they will receive treatment early. 

Neurofibrometosis is hereditary...so even if her sons don't develop the disease it's likely they are carriers so their children may be affected. She looked great after treatment...other than her teeth...to really push her life forward she'll need to deal with her teeth. 

• Love 13
On 7/23/2021 at 6:43 PM, CrazyMoon said:

So many people don't have clear understanding of the medical system. As well, they have not been taught to be resourceful...then factor in insurance, personal finance, transportation and fear topped by fear of doctors...

Let's face it, in this country, the medical system does everything it can to keep from being clearly understood by the people who need it.  If you need it, you're not getting it until you jump through the hoops and often people are given such a maze of bureaucrazy, they can't work all the way through and give up.  For the simplest things.  

• Love 9
On 7/17/2021 at 11:32 PM, deirdra said:

Yet even Dr.  Lee seems to write off all itching related to guttate psoriasis as being "in the heads" of sufferers because she (and most doctors) have no treatments that work. Attributing scratching to "stress" or "OCD" is a cop out when patients refrain from scratching every waking hour but do it in their sleep.  Yes, people scratch areas they can reach, but the even spacing of spots and no spots in many areas that are reachable suggests there is something systemic going on that is not "in their heads".  And many spots blister & erupt even if nobody touches them. 

The only things that do help are vitamins, minerals & avoidance of trigger foods, but I have never heard her mention such things.  She does have a drug that helps control plaque psoriasis and eczema, so she never tells them the itching is all in their heads.

I’ve had two dermatologists examine my condition and call it psoriasis.  They don’t differentiate between the types and didn’t say it was mental.  My plaque psoriasis is intermittent and is on my scalp and a little in my ears.  The other spots erupt on my lower legs and arms. My research made me wonder if it was guttate.   They look different.  Leanne Rhimes posted a picture of her spots and they look like mine.  I’ll see if I can locate the link.  She says she’s battled psoriasis for years.  

This is it.  It caused me to really have compassion for her. 

https://www.today.com/health/leann-rimes-psoriasis-stress-2020-leads-flare-t196671

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

I have guttate psoriasis and was intrigued by Leanne Rimes' photos because she gets it in areas where I don't get it (and vice versa). And as you can see, she also has areas she could easily reach and scratch that don't have any eruptions. So it is not simply a scratching disorder. Once in the course of a day I noticed a spot, felt it tingle, then itch and then it erupted like a tiny blister with clear serum coming out about 7 hrs later.  I refrained from touching it and no clothes or anything touched it; I was reading a good book and just kept track of the spot's development with no scratching whatsoever.

No drug or cream any dermatologist gave me helped at all, so I just live with it. Luckily, when I wear long pants and short sleeves, only a couple of raw spots can be seen at any given time, so I suspect that people assume they are bug bites. And I have freckles, so the mix of old (white) scars, healing scars (pink), fresh spots, freckles & regular skin just give me a mottled look.

Edited by deirdra
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if that guy who had the ball on his butt removed realized that he had a huge hole in his stockings?  He was really putting on a show.  I wasn’t sure if that was intentional.  

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was intentional, it's a look with fishnets. Myley Cyrus wears it all the time to show how edgy she is

5b2fbbf835a6abca61d5b584c331a2ce.png

Did anybody else get a little creeped out when they showed the growth on a clearly mail male ass & female hands squeezing it?

Edited by GaT
auto correct or brain fart, not sure which.
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, GaT said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was intentional, it's a look with fishnets. Myley Cyrus wears it all the time to show how edgy she is

5b2fbbf835a6abca61d5b584c331a2ce.png

Did anybody else get a little creeped out when they showed the growth on a clearly mail male ass & female hands squeezing it?

Drag Queen with fake nails. His roomie had to help him dress because of the nails. The guy with the head cysts broke my heart a little bit. He'd had one removed that while successful was traumatic for him. His results were fabulous. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

I really want to know exactly what that thing was on the guy’s butt. I’m assuming Dr. Lee sent it to be biopsied. I remember her telling patients biopsy results on previous shows.

It was a lipoma on a short stalk. Seemed to be very easy to remove and hide the scar. Great result.

• Love 1
On 8/13/2021 at 10:29 AM, CrazyMoon said:

It was a lipoma on a short stalk. Seemed to be very easy to remove and hide the scar. Great result.

Similar to the woman on a while back.  Dr. Lee told her she had a tight butt too.  Perhaps the fat can't find a place to grow inside the buttocks so it grows outside.   ;)

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ref. Guy from NC with cyst on his forehead….I’m also from NC. I’m trying to imagine someone who would call you a devil worshipper because of a medical condition.  Bizarre and crazy.  

Was the lady with the cysts on her belly stoned at the end?  Her eyes were shut so tight.  😆

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. Guy from NC with cyst on his forehead….I’m also from NC. I’m trying to imagine someone who would call you a devil worshipper because of a medical condition.  Bizarre and crazy.  

Was the lady with the cysts on her belly stoned at the end?  Her eyes were shut so tight.  😆

It was interesting that unlike most patients, NC guy did not mention the town he was from (unless I missed it at the very beginning of the show). I was really curious where all the crazy people lived.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are you in Eastern or Western NC?  I lived there for many years, and I could imagine it happening from places in and around the Appalachians.  That's a beautiful but weird part of the state. I felt really bad for how he had been treated.

The woman with those cysts was adorable.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

Are you in Eastern or Western NC?  I lived there for many years, and I could imagine it happening from places in and around the Appalachians.  That's a beautiful but weird part of the state. I felt really bad for how he had been treated.

The woman with those cysts was adorable.

Oh, yes. Maybe you’re right.  I’ve lived in or near the triangle all of my life except for during college.  He mentioned working on AC systems in upscale houses.  I guess that could be in the mountains or at the coast.  

• Love 2
On 7/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, Maisiesmom said:

So happy for Roger-they did a great job getting those tumors off his nose. It wasn't perfect but was a lot better than before. I'm surprised they didn't weigh the growths-they looked very heavy. I worried he was becoming very depressed about not being able to get them removed but it all came out great. The doctors and nurses were really great too.

I know! Seeing the real Roger made me tear up! Imagine all that weight obscuring your face.

He looked great!

Edited by xls
added coment
  • Love 6

Ok, so I was watching an interesting documentary, can't recall which one now,  but the scientist had a small lipoma, or possibly cyst on his forehead, and I can't help thinking that Dr. Pimple Popper would fix that for you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, auntjess said:

Ok, so I was watching an interesting documentary, can't recall which one now,  but the scientist had a small lipoma, or possibly cyst on his forehead, and I can't help thinking that Dr. Pimple Popper would fix that for you.

Sometimes I watch OLD Game Show Network shows...and especially like Match Game (1970s versions). Sometimes there's a "star" on the panel that I never liked:  Gary Burghoff ("Radar" from M.A.S.H.).  He has a big wart-cyst-tumor on the center of his forehead.  WHY???  They had good plastic surgeons "back in the day."  I think of Dr. Pimple Popper too.

• Love 2

Steatosoma lady was from my neighborhood! I'm going to look for her. It was funny how they had them sitting on a blanket in Rainey Park in late winter/early spring, and didn't really show that Queensbridge Houses are a project, right next to the Queensboro bridge.

• Useful 1

Did they do a revisit of the woman with the brow bump? I think all we saw was her outside the office with a dressing on her head, but maybe I missed it.

I agree that drawing out the results for so long was not kind. I don't think she knew them beforehand, based on how nervous she looked.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I agree that drawing out the results for so long was not kind. I don't think she knew them beforehand, based on how nervous she looked.

Sadly, Dr. Lee does this (especially with, "There is no cancer), and so do the podiatrists on "My Feet are Killing Me,"  cancer also.  I hoped they gave the patients the good news before cameras were rolling.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

so do the podiatrists on "My Feet are Killing Me,"  cancer also.  I hoped they gave the patients the good news before cameras were rolling.

They are so ultra dramatic when taking someone's shoes and socks off!!  Who takes 45 seconds to take socks off?  I'd have mine off already and say "it hurts here Doc."

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Did they do a revisit of the woman with the brow bump? I think all we saw was her outside the office with a dressing on her head, but maybe I missed it.

They did and she looked amazing. You could not even hardly see her scar!

• Love 5
On 9/2/2021 at 6:25 PM, parrotfeathers said:

They are so ultra dramatic when taking someone's shoes and socks off!!  Who takes 45 seconds to take socks off?  I'd have mine off already and say "it hurts here Doc."

Years ago my husband (eventually ex- and late) was a podiatrist for ten years (not his happiest working years). After attending a "practice management" seminar (part of required continuing education), he and local colleagues installed whirlpools in their office.  Patients removed their own shoes and socks, and a medical assistant made sure they eased into the whirlpool.

This was considered a WONDERFUL treat--before spas were all the rage.  Podiatrists were assured of nice clean feet.  Prior to getting that equipment, it was sometimes a hazardous occupation.

.image.png.e7cb75c6700be987484f5cc64593b0bf.png 

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, auntjess said:

Did you all see the commercial for a new doctor who also pops pimples?  I'm delighted.
You can't have too many.

I don't remember seeing this, is it going to be like another Dr. Pimple Popper? Personally, I don't think there are enough variations of lipomas, cysts, or pimples for more than one show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't remember seeing this, is it going to be like another Dr. Pimple Popper? Personally, I don't think there are enough variations of lipomas, cysts, or pimples for more than one show.

I've watched a British dermatologist, Dr. Emma, on "Save My Skin."  Almost sure that's on TLC also.  It's very good.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I've watched a British dermatologist, Dr. Emma, on "Save My Skin."  Almost sure that's on TLC also.  It's very good.

She is good, but quite a bit more into treating skin conditions like acne and psoriasis than popping cysts and scooping lipomas.

She’s been on for three (short) seasons, I think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

found the commercial for the new dermatologist show.
It's Dr. Mercy, and she's set to debut 9/22 at 9ET.

YIKES!  Check the bolding:  TLC is introducing a brand new series, Dr. Mercy, that will also stream on discovery+. The medical transformational show features Dr. Mercy Odueyungbo, a Chicago-based dermatologist. Now, while you might think Dr. Pimple Popper has some shocking scenes, think again. Fans can look forward to equally shocking cases on this new reality show. Despite this, they will also get to see a loving and caring doctor, doing her best for each of her patients.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

Whitney Thore, who has bottomed out.

I used to watch just to laugh at her, but it's reached a whole new low and I cannot stomach it anymore.  I'm waiting for her to see her on My 600 lb. life and even then it will be disgusting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, CrazyMoon said:

I couldn't deal with Whitney even in the beginning...just the trailers I've seen for her make wonder 'what is wrong with you!?!?'. 

Is Whitney the one whose show ran its course a couple of seasons ago and she's grasping at ANYTHING to appear relevant ... like dealing with some French pêcheur-chat AND traveling to France to meet him/her/it ???

• Love 2