Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Pimple Popper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, CrazyMoon said:

Dr. Lee s amazing with the rhinophyma cases. Tony seemed like such a wonderful man...all about helping & giving...and he is so thrilled with his results...only 8 weeks out his nose looked like it was recovering from a sunburn...by now it's probably perfect.

I was very sorry to see that Kevin had died. He seemed like such a sweet soul...peacefully & unexpectedly....he died in his sleep. So many congenital cardiac conditions are not able to be diagnosed even with a family history. 

My little one went into cardiac arrest in his sleep and died. We didn't even know his heart was sick.

@StatisticalOutlier As for "strangers" sending the family messages...Between comments on YT and my blog, as well as emails from my book readers, we had hundreds of people sending us messages about him-complete strangers who only "knew" him through pictures. We appreciated every single one of them. Sometimes it really is the thought that counts, even if it's just a passing one. When a parent loses a child you'll do your best to get through the day however you can. That your child's picture, or even just a "10 minute highly edited" video segment, registered enough to a stranger to make them want to reach out to you is comforting in a way that perhaps parents who haven't lost a child may not understand. There is no guidebook for child loss-even when that child is an adult. No magic pill to make things better. If Kevin's family is comforted by a sentence or two on the internet then more power to them.

Edited by mamadrama
Kevin, not Keith
  • Love 15

I am so happy that Dr Lee was able to get rid of the 12 lb lipoma on Tim's back & gave the medication to Daniel to cure his psiorasis.

Gloriana looks great as well.

Dr Lee is a lifesaver for these patients.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 9
On 2/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, CrazyMoon said:

You've had a serious struggle! I'm so sorry. And you are right on every point....Except! The itching/scratching were only in areas she could reach. The patches kept her from scratching the current lesions, but as soon as she took it off she was scratching (caught on film by her daughter). She denied scratching and we all saw it! 

I wondered why she took the patches off.  I think Lee said they can stay on for days or a week at a time.  Why take them off, if they'll help keep you from scratching? 

Oh, wait.  I may have answered my own question.

As for scratching only the areas she could reach, I do find that interesting.  It's a little suspicious that on her back, for example, it didn't itch down in the middle.  It could be possible to scratch there if it did itch, like on a door jamb or using a back-scratcher or something, but it's a lot more effort than just using your fingers.  I'm sure it's possible that the only damaged nerves she has are in areas she can effortlessly reach and not in areas between areas she can effortlessly reach, but it seems like a pretty big coincidence. 

8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Sometimes it really is the thought that counts, even if it's just a passing one.

I did acknowledge that I could be the only one on the planet who isn't touched by fly-by condolences from strangers.  And that for all I know his family is eating it up. 

It just rings hollow to me. 

Maybe the show will feature a veteran next, so we can get into the knee-jerk "Thank you for your service."  😉

Count me in the camp of thinking there may be more than one issue affecting skin lesion lady. While I do think her digging at her skin is probably making the things worse, or maybe even causing them altogether, I think the underlying itching may be legit. A nervous system problem, allergies, etc. I have mast cell activation disorder and it causes me to react to random things on different days. While Dr Sandra may be right, I do understand the frustration of hearing doctors saying it can't be physical and must be mental. I'd have at least tried her on some Zyrtec.

• Love 5
On 2/7/2020 at 2:21 AM, mamadrama said:

My little one went into cardiac arrest in his sleep and died. We didn't even know his heart was sick.

@StatisticalOutlier As for "strangers" sending the family messages...Between comments on YT and my blog, as well as emails from my book readers, we had hundreds of people sending us messages about him-complete strangers who only "knew" him through pictures. We appreciated every single one of them. Sometimes it really is the thought that counts, even if it's just a passing one. When a parent loses a child you'll do your best to get through the day however you can. That your child's picture, or even just a "10 minute highly edited" video segment, registered enough to a stranger to make them want to reach out to you is comforting in a way that perhaps parents who haven't lost a child may not understand. There is no guidebook for child loss-even when that child is an adult. No magic pill to make things better. If Kevin's family is comforted by a sentence or two on the internet then more power to them.

I am so sorry! My #3 grandson had tetrology of falot...a congenital heart defect. He turns 13 in March and about to have his 26th surgery (there is systemic fallout from this condition) and there is another open heart surgery on his horizon (within the year, it's the 3rd). We treasure everyday...he wasn't supposed to live to a year. 

• Love 12

I swear I could sit here and watch her burn bumps and skin off people's noses all day. 

I have a pore of winer on my back. It's been there since I was 17 (so around 23 years). My daughter keeps checking it out. She's hoping that it gets bad enough that we might have to apply for the show. She had out the measuring tape the other day...she's 8.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I am fascinated by this show.  I would love to work in her office and assist. I am a notorious zit popper and blackhead squeezer.  My mother had this huge black head  on her back that I worked and worked to get rid of but, never could.  The scaly skin doesn't bother me either. I am a nurse and have had to restrain myself from peeling it off patients.  I have fond memories of peeling off the suntan peel off my grandma, every year, when she came back from Florida.   Also, I can not even begin to tell you how many craters I have had to pack with gauze, over the years on infected patients.  Did you know that they  sometimes use a bleach solution to pack some wounds?  Now days, they use wound vacs.  Infections need to heal from the inside out. Those big craters the lipoma removal leaves, wonder if Dr Lee packs them?  

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, auntjess said:

The show tonight has today's date, at least on my Uverse guide, but the description is of an old show.
I hope the isn't over yet.

It's a "This is Zit" episode, so the content is a repeat

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

It's a "This is Zit" episode, so the content is a repeat

I wish I had realized '"zit." 😂  Anyway,  I always watch her show after I record it to ff thru ads and all the back stories.   I only watch her short interview with the patient which usually tells me all I would be interested in as well as the removal. 

I get mildly annoyed when there is someone like the guy last night with multiple cysts and she only removes 7 our of a lot.  I know she says sometimes that she has gotten the big and/or painful ones which is understandable,  but I would think she would schedule a follow-up appointment to get more when she runs out of time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Same nonsense happened last season. A few new episodes, then a few repeats repackaged as"new" with bonus footage.

The bonus footage used to be bonus pops, I assumed from her youtube channel, but now it's usually just more on the people.

• Useful 1

The scaly skin doesn't bother me either. I am a nurse and have had to restrain myself from peeling it off patients. 

I'd probably have to exercise the same restraint if I were a nurse!

I swear I could sit here and watch her burn bumps and skin off people's noses all day. 

Whenever a patient with rhinophyma walks into her office, I'm happier than I probably should be about it.

• LOL 4
On 2/7/2020 at 1:47 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I wondered why she took the patches off.  I think Lee said they can stay on for days or a week at a time.  Why take them off, if they'll help keep you from scratching? 

Oh, wait.  I may have answered my own question.

As for scratching only the areas she could reach, I do find that interesting.  It's a little suspicious that on her back, for example, it didn't itch down in the middle.  It could be possible to scratch there if it did itch, like on a door jamb or using a back-scratcher or something, but it's a lot more effort than just using your fingers.  I'm sure it's possible that the only damaged nerves she has are in areas she can effortlessly reach and not in areas between areas she can effortlessly reach, but it seems like a pretty big coincidence. 

I did acknowledge that I could be the only one on the planet who isn't touched by fly-by condolences from strangers.  And that for all I know his family is eating it up. 

It just rings hollow to me. 

Maybe the show will feature a veteran next, so we can get into the knee-jerk "Thank you for your service."  😉

I had relatives who died in Korea, Vietnam, and iraq. I have that knee-jerk "thank you for your service" for every single person who made that sacrifice, mine as well as others that I've never known.  Trust me when some families receive condolences from people they dont know they're not "eating it up". 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Wollstonecraft said:

I had relatives who died in Korea, Vietnam, and iraq. I have that knee-jerk "thank you for your service" for every single person who made that sacrifice, mine as well as others that I've never known.  Trust me when some families receive condolences from people they dont know they're not "eating it up". 

Yeah, that's, wow...I guess my first thought is what a horrible thing to accuse a grieving family of doing. "Eating it up"? That's right up there with "at least you'll save money on diapers now" (an actual comment we got from a well wisher).

My other thought is that who cares if they ARE eating it up? They're grieving. Makes the grieving person feel good to get the words (even knee jerk reactions) and it makes the other person feel good for saying it. Win-win.

If y'all like popping videos, check out the jiggers on YT. Insanity. I can't stop watching.

And count me in as someone who wants her to get rid of ALL the lumps.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My other thought is that who cares if they ARE eating it up? They're grieving. Makes the grieving person feel good to get the words (even knee jerk reactions) and it makes the other person feel good for saying it. Win-win.

My original point was that not all grieving people react the same to public condolences issued on the internet by strangers.  If the grieving person doesn't appreciate, never mind bristles at, drive-by condolences that make the issuer feel better, then it's not a win-win.

Back to the show:  I noticed one of the bonus pops was definitely from the youtube channel, and it makes me appreciate the editing that goes into making an actual TV show instead of the youtube version of just setting up a camera and letting it run.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, NJMom said:

Anyone watch? I really liked this show.

I did watch....and liked it...One of the things I did like is Dr. Emma rooming her own patient. Makes that patient know they are getting 100% of her attention...

• Love 3
On 2/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, Twopper said:

I get mildly annoyed when there is someone like the guy last night with multiple cysts and she only removes 7 our of a lot.  I know she says sometimes that she has gotten the big and/or painful ones which is understandable,  but I would think she would schedule a follow-up appointment to get more when she runs out of time.

Sometimes, she's said that she's used as much lidocaine as is safe for one time, and on some lipodemas, she said her hands had reached their limit, without a rest.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Sometimes, she's said that she's used as much lidocaine as is safe for one time, and on some lipodemas, she said her hands had reached their limit, without a rest.

I get that, but I would really like her to say "This is all I can do today;  please make arrangements to come back" , or" I will find someone in your community to do a follow up" or something to let us know that maybe there will be a followup.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, auntjess said:

I see Save My Skin, with Dr. Emma, starts 2/20, this Thursday.

Is this on TLC,too?  I ff thru the ads so I have missed the ads for this. 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 8:47 AM, Twopper said:

We don't know that she hasn't scheduled follow-up or made a referral...time isn't a factor in this show, but medical safety and fatigue play a big part of why she does what she does the way she does it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Is this on TLC,too?  I ff thru the ads so I have missed the ads for this. 

Yes, and I made a thread for it.  

Ah, correction, I made a "topic."  I know it wasn't a forum, because that didn't work out.

• Love 1

Re-watched the lady with all the lipomas in her arms...I know Dr Lee got out 60 but I wanted to see them ALL gone. At some point her arms were more lipoma than blood and tissue. It was fascinating. 

• Love 4

Are they only doing “This Is Zit” (This Is It? As in no more except “Best of” episodes?) episodes this season? It sure seems like it. I want new stuff. But with Dr. Lee, not the new UK dermatologist. I don’t get why we have to have UK-based clones of, like, Dr. Pimple Popper & Say Yes to the Dress when we already have perfectly good versions of those shows featuring Americans as the doctor & bridal consultants... & we already have 2 US-based versions of Say Yes to the Dress (just counting the Kleinfeld & Atlanta versions, not the mass wedding in Central Park version).

• Love 1

I did think her season was too short, but hey, bring 'em all on.
I'd get rid of all those old Discovery channel shows, and for heaven sakes, no Duggars.  Incest should put them all beyond the pale, forever.  Trashy people.

• Love 5

There's a "Where are they now?" show on Thursday, with the two sisters who both had lumps talking about their lives now. For an hour. I think I'll pass. Why are they doing these crap shows instead of giving us new ones? There were hardly any new shows this season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GaT said:

There's a "Where are they now?" show on Thursday, with the two sisters who both had lumps talking about their lives now. For an hour. I think I'll pass. Why are they doing these crap shows instead of giving us new ones? There were hardly any new shows this season.

Those 2 sisters were a bit annoying to start with.  I can't imagine a full hour of them!  I'm with you: no thanks.

• Love 1
On 2/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, auntjess said:

Thats exactly the case AuntJess.  I ran into it also at my dentist's office getting a lot of work done and she had given me the max aenesthic (sp?) And had to stop.  It hits you in the heart literally and would give me the shakes.  Like the few times Ive had to get adrenaline shots for asthma. Yeah, waaaay back in the day.   I forget what they use now. For bee stings etc.  I think Eppy pens are made from it.  Eponeferin! Blah, knew Id get there eventually heheh

• Love 2

If you really want to go down the Pimple Popping Rabbit Hole, watch some of the Viet Nam beauty spa channels, like Hein Van or Loan Nguyen. They make Dr. Lee's pimple vids look quaint. Warning: Watching the first one, you will be very squicked out by the blood, pus, chubby keratin plugs and needles. But by the third or fourth one, you will yelling at them to squeeze harder and don't miss the big one on the left.

I still rely on Dr. Lee for the cysts and lipomas.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm watching the episode where she removes the 12-pound lipoma from Tim's back. Shortly after the extraction, he has to pee. They make such a big deal about him being ambulatory so soon after surgery. I don't understand why he couldn't just pee in a kidney basin or something.

• Love 3

I watched the update on Leonard, the guy with the yucky growth hanging off his arm, who had a severe germ phobia.
I wonder how he's coping with coronavirus, and hope he hasn't run out of masks.

• Love 3

Yep, it'll have to be youtube, and also try youtubes from audiology associates UK, for earwax removal videos. 
Hey, we do watch zits being popped, so don't go all holier than thou.

• Love 1