Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Pimple Popper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, 2727 said:

I wish Dr. Lee would have removed all the cysts on the man with the stinky pops. If you're going to do him a solid, go all the way.

This^^    That had me screaming at the tv and scaring the cat.  Even if she couldn't do them all at one time, surely she could have him come in for a second round.  Did she think his wife would pop them for him?  I liked this wife and her fascination with popping.  She looked like she was having the time of her life watching Dr Lee pop those cysts out.

As far as I recall, I liked all the patients this time.  The girl with the 'elf ears" is beautiful and seems like fun.   And I am happy that the man with the "ball" on his forehead is now free to roam around in public.  I did feel sorry that his wife is on dialysis.

• Love 3

I think that Dr. Lee has said that they can only do so many procedures at once, due to the limit on the anesthetic. They can only do so many injections as it can affect your heart.  But, they could have done it with no anesthetic.  lol  I think I would opt for that, if I could get them all done before flying home. Maybe, a little painful, but, worth it in the end.  Also, I wondered if that man might benefit from an antibiotic or special body wash.  What causes those things to take over?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Dr. Lee seems like such a fun person to work with. Her staff seem to be very low key. 

I mentioned upthread how I like it that she feels of people's bumps with her bare hands, and I've also noticed that she doesn't automatically ask, "What are you here for?"  If someone has a big lump on his face, she reacts when she walks in, just like anybody would.  Only in a very matter-of-fact but kind way.

Or keloid ears girl--she told her she thought her elf ears were cute.

What I couldn't tell was whether she actually could smell the goop in the guy's cysts, and just claimed she couldn't.  If it's the latter, then that, too, is very kind of her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I mentioned upthread how I like it that she feels of people's bumps with her bare hands, and I've also noticed that she doesn't automatically ask, "What are you here for?"  If someone has a big lump on his face, she reacts when she walks in, just like anybody would.  Only in a very matter-of-fact but kind way.

What I couldn't tell was whether she actually could smell the goop in the guy's cysts, and just claimed she couldn't.  If it's the latter, then that, too, is very kind of her.

I too like the bare hands when examining the lumps. It's not cold and dehumanizing. 

She does wear gloves and (often if not always) a splash guard mask when performing the procedures. She seems very aware of each patient's feelings, and IIRC has mentioned that during procedures she talks to the patient, especially the nervous or scared ones. I think she called something like "verbal anesthesia." 

• Love 6

I guess Dr. Lee is trying to make the patient more comfortable.  Plus, I guess she can get a better feel of the bump with her bare hands.  I always feel a little odd when I visit my Endocrinologists.  I am Type I diabetic and they check my feet on a regular basis without using gloves!  Don't you think that's odd.  I mean, my feet are clean, but,.....lol.  They are pretty brave, imo. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It actually creeps me out that she touches people without gloves.

I thought keloid girl's elf ears were cute too.

I seem to remember her saying something about acting like she can't smell anything so that the patient doesn't feel bad.

• Love 2
On 2/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think that Dr. Lee has said that they can only do so many procedures at once, due to the limit on the anesthetic. They can only do so many injections as it can affect your heart.  But, they could have done it with no anesthetic.  lol  I think I would opt for that, if I could get them all done before flying home. Maybe, a little painful, but, worth it in the end.  Also, I wondered if that man might benefit from an antibiotic or special body wash.  What causes those things to take over?

But remember the lady from a few episodes ago with all the lipomas in her arms?  If I remember correctly, Dr. Lee took out 40+ lipomas, so you'd think she could have done a few more cysts on that guy.  He seemed happy with what she was able to remove though.

• Love 2

Oh my gawd ...that poor lady with the hidrocystomas around her eyes!!  Even in the eight week follow up you could see some were coming back.  They mentioned that Dr. Lee is going to do another treatment on her and I hope they do a second follow up.

• Love 8

I usually watch this recorded, so I can zap through commercials and, lately, Dr. Lee's stilted convos with her office staff and her husband.  Last night I watched live and had to switch channels when those came up.  Who thought it was a good idea for Dr. Lee to tell her staff how "cute" various patients were?  And if they have to do this, why in hell don't they script something for her staff to say back?  I don't care how "cute" patients are; I'm interested in what's causing their various lumps and bumps.  Plus, if I were a patient, I wouldn't want my physician talking with the office staff about how "cute" I was.

I also don't want any more patients whose afflictions are not dermatological.  The guy with the lumps under his scapulae was fascinating, and I wanted to see what those things looked like.  Why put him on the show if we're not going to get any resolution at all of his problem?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I usually watch this recorded, so I can zap through commercials and, lately, Dr. Lee's stilted convos with her office staff and her husband.

My interest level is quickly waning, I'm afraid. I've seen enough lipomas, cysts, and DPOWs to last me and the more unique cases are getting rarer. I'll rely on you fine folks to alert me about any especially delightful/horrible pops!

13 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh my gawd ...that poor lady with the hidrocystomas around her eyes!!  Even in the eight week follow up you could see some were coming back.  They mentioned that Dr. Lee is going to do another treatment on her and I hope they do a second follow up.

Yes, she kind of broke my heart, with her having to take a dishwasher job because she felt so unsightly.

I do think it's great that Dr. Lee does so many obviously pro bono cases- last night's Art(who kind of looked homeless), with the sausage-shaped thing on his forehead, and poor Hilda and her eyes. Although, honestly, Hilda now has a bunch of flesh 'ruffles' around her eyes in addition to the returning cysts.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Yes, she kind of broke my heart, with her having to take a dishwasher job because she felt so unsightly.

I do think it's great that Dr. Lee does so many obviously pro bono cases- last night's Art(who kind of looked homeless), with the sausage-shaped thing on his forehead, and poor Hilda and her eyes. Although, honestly, Hilda now has a bunch of flesh 'ruffles' around her eyes in addition to the returning cysts.

I feel really sad for some of the people on the show.  It looks like the lady on next week's show is missing her front tooth.  😞

• Love 2

I also don't want any more patients whose afflictions are not dermatological.  The guy with the lumps under his scapulae was fascinating, and I wanted to see what those things looked like.  Why put him on the show if we're not going to get any resolution at all of his problem?

That didn't bother me.  I'm glad the man got a diagnosis and Dr. Lee is helping him connect with the appropriate doctors.  I also like that she showed that she can't fix everyone who comes in.

• Love 13

It’s obvious that neither her staff nor her husband want to be on the show. Or at the very least they don’t want to have to speak on camera.  I’d love it if they cut those segments.  I could also do with a lot less introduction to the patients aside from a short explanation of how their problems started and a bit of how it affects them every day. They need to show way more actual treatment and then more follow-ups. I’d really like to see the second visit she has with the patients. I want to see them six months out not just six weeks out.  You can’t really tell how a scar is healing six weeks out. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

I felt really bad for her. It looks like it might be something she needs on going treatment for. 

4 hours ago, Mothra said:

I usually watch this recorded, so I can zap through commercials and, lately, Dr. Lee's stilted convos with her office staff and her husband.  Last night I watched live and had to switch channels when those came up.  Who thought it was a good idea for Dr. Lee to tell her staff how "cute" various patients were?  And if they have to do this, why in hell don't they script something for her staff to say back?  I don't care how "cute" patients are; I'm interested in what's causing their various lumps and bumps.  Plus, if I were a patient, I wouldn't want my physician talking with the office staff about how "cute" I was.

I am sure the patients must sign something in order to be on TV and get the free care. 

• Love 1

I think that I'm pretty satisfied with the way things are going so far.  Her comments don't bother me, nor the difficult cases that she has to refer out.  I'm having some outpatient surgery (correction from previous surgery) on my eyelids soon, so, this sort  of thing helps me feel better.  I'm not having anything removed, just correcting the resection of a levator tendon.  Watching this helps.  Last time, I had light sedation, which was a joke. I think someone stole by drugs that day, cause, I was fully awake. lol But, this time, it's just a Xanax and local.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

But, this time, it's just a Xanax and local.

You’ll be fine with that @SunnyBeBe. I had an upper and lower eyelid lift 20 years ago (I’m really old now, lol) like that by an oculoplastic surgeon and I did fine. The worse part was wearing the blindfold for several hours after 😎

Edited by AntAnn
Spelling
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

You’ll be fine with that @SunnyBeBe. I had an upper and lower eyelid lift 20 years ago (I’m really old now, lol) like that by an oculoplastic surgeon and I did fine. The worse part was wearing the blindfold for several hours after 😎

I appreciate you saying that. I'm actually more concerned that they get the thing right this time. Right now, they are too high and my eyes don't close completely....though, they appear to, but, don't.  So, they have to be lowered.  I'm beyond livid. I've read 20% of patients need rescission. Ugghh....

• Love 1

Poor Hilda. Her bumps came back really fast. Hope there is something that can be done to prevent that.

i wonder if we will see a follow up on the Florida guy with the bumps under his shoulder blades. Interesting case.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, rhys said:

Poor Hilda. Her bumps came back really fast. Hope there is something that can be done to prevent that.

i wonder if we will see a follow up on the Florida guy with the bumps under his shoulder blades. Interesting case.

I would like to think that Hilda (who seems to live in the LA area) will get continued treatment;  I would think they could at least be kept under control so that there are fewer new ones and that they are not allowed to get big.   Seems like a continual battle.

21 hours ago, readheaded said:

do think it's great that Dr. Lee does so many obviously pro bono cases- last night's Art(who kind of looked homeless), with the sausage-shaped thing on his forehead, and poor Hilda and her eyes.

They showed Art outside a house.   He just seems like someone who is working class who has spent a lot of time in the sun.  I didn't see a follow-up for him.  Did I miss it?  I went back and re-played the whole show looking for it. 

I was fascinated by the woman with the lump on her back.  Glad she got that removed.

I would like some kind of follow-up on the man with the shoulder lumps.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, rhys said:

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I would like to think that Hilda (who seems to live in the LA area) will get continued treatment;  I would think they could at least be kept under control so that there are fewer new ones and that they are not allowed to get big.   Seems like a continual battle.

I got the idea from Dr. Lee's comments while she was examining and treating Hilda, that she expects repeat sessions since those growths can come back. But IIRC she hoped that she could eventually lessen the problem. Dr. Lee worked to remove the sac (is that the right word?) for at least some* of the cysts, and not just drain the cysts. I think Hilda's prior treatment had just consisted of the doctor draining the cysts. 

*They obviously didn't show every bit of Hilda's treatment, so I don't know if Dr. Lee went after the sac on every cyst or just on some of them.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I got the idea from Dr. Lee's comments while she was examining and treating Hilda, that she expects repeat sessions since those growths can come back. But IIRC she hoped that she could eventually lessen the problem. Dr. Lee worked to remove the sac (is that the right word?) for at least some* of the cysts, and not just drain the cysts. I think Hilda's prior treatment had just consisted of the doctor draining the cysts. 

*They obviously didn't show every bit of Hilda's treatment, so I don't know if Dr. Lee went after the sac on every cyst or just on some of them.

I heard Dr. Lee refer to "repeated treatment," too, and it also looked like she was trying to cauterize at least some of the cysts (or whatever was left after the sac was removed).  I suspect, though, that with this condition you get returning cysts no matter how thoroughly you remove (or cauterize) them--just like some people are prone to warts.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Twopper said:

They showed Art outside a house.   He just seems like someone who is working class who has spent a lot of time in the sun.  I didn't see a follow-up for him.  Did I miss it?  I went back and re-played the whole show looking for it. 

I was fascinated by the woman with the lump on her back.  Glad she got that removed.

I would like some kind of follow-up on the man with the shoulder lumps.

I'm not sure what happened, but that isn't my quote.  It isn't a big deal, but just isn't accurate.   I didn't think Art looked homeless, mostly because I come from a working-class background and he looks like a lot of people in my hometown who've worked in blue collar jobs outside. 🙂

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I'm not sure what happened, but that isn't my quote.  It isn't a big deal, but just isn't accurate.   I didn't think Art looked homeless, mostly because I come from a working-class background and he looks like a lot of people in my hometown who've worked in blue collar jobs outside. 🙂

That's weird.   I thought the same thing  about his background.   I must have messed up the quote function.  Oh, well......  Mea culpa.

Just now, Twopper said:

That's weird.   I thought the same thing  about his background.   I must have messed up the quote function.  Oh, well......  Mea culpa.

No worries;  I had replied to that quote, so there's probably some glitch.  I don't know about you, but I'm still getting used to the new format.  I felt bad for Art, though, because he seemed to have had a bad experience with doctors and was clearly afraid.  My dad, who's 71 and grew up in a big working-class family, talks about not going to the dentist as a kid and being fearful when he started going to the dentist as an adult.  His big brother had gone into the Coast Guard and came home extolling the virtues of dental care.  My grandma, his mom, was fearful of the dentist until she died.  

• Love 3

It has to be scary and embarrassing for these patients. Some have sought treatment with other Dr’s and were told to just live with it. Others have been afraid to seek treatment for various reasons. I didn’t watch her on YouTube, but I like this show. She shows a lot of empathy and compassion IMO.

• Love 7
On 2/16/2019 at 3:44 PM, GaT said:

It actually creeps me out that she touches people without gloves.

I think she'd get a better feel of the lump/bump is; a part of the diagnostic process.

7 hours ago, readheaded said:

I followed it back, and you quoted a post that said that, here.  https://forums.previously.tv/topic/65272-dr-pimple-popper/?do=findComment&comment=5074993|
Somehow they got conflated.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2019 at 9:20 AM, sempervivum said:

Well, to be honest, she is unsightly.  So a job as a waitress would not be a good fit for her.  Through no fault of her own, of course, but people being people...

• Love 1
On 2/25/2019 at 8:04 AM, 2727 said:

Are we going to be seeing Amy on the show any time soon?

amy.JPG

I saw a clip of her there, but, didn't notice her arm.  Oh my.......any word of her thoughts about it?

Here's a clip, but, you can't see that much.

Edited by SunnyBeBe

The satellite must have gone out while recording this so I would really appreciate someone telling me what the bump on the man's head was--the guy who was in the car accident.   I did diagnose the woman with neurofibromitosis  ( have no idea how to spell it), but I am not ready to pop bumps for a living.  Thanks in advance!!

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, 2727 said:

Are we going to be seeing Amy on the show any time soon?

amy.JPG

Oh my gosh! I never noticed her arm.

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

The satellite must have gone out while recording this so I would really appreciate someone telling me what the bump on the man's head was--the guy who was in the car accident.   I did diagnose the woman with neurofibromitosis  ( have no idea how to spell it), but I am not ready to pop bumps for a living.  Thanks in advance!!

It was a cyst.

• Useful 1

Why did the man with the cyst on his head wait 17 years to have something done? It was clearly affecting his & his family's lives, why didn't he get it taken care of instead of being hostile all the time? And the guy with the lipoma on his shoulder, he was worried because his father, who died of cancer, developed lumps like that before he died, does nothing too. I don't understand these people.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GaT said:

Why did the man with the cyst on his head wait 17 years to have something done? It was clearly affecting his & his family's lives, why didn't he get it taken care of instead of being hostile all the time?

And he went back to smoking. That incision is not going to heal properly and he'll have something just as bad on his head to be angry about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's his right to smoke, but, with a couple of kids.....man...that's a very risky thing to do when you have a family to take care of.  I hope he really isn't mean anymore. 

Does anyone know why that one guy who had the very hard bump on his side had such a large incision?  I know that she cut around it, instead of in the middle, but, when they showed it in the end, it appeared at least 6 inches long!

5 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't understand these people.

See also: the ones who never see a doctor about their lumps because they're terrified of it being cancer.

If it is malignant, that's when you need to get it removed as soon as possible!!

Good lord.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And he went back to smoking. That incision is not going to heal properly and he'll have something just as bad on his head to be angry about.

The scar is already turning black.  He's going to need a lifetime supply of Maybelline cover up.  and some anger management therapy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, roughing it said:

The scar is already turning black.  He's going to need a lifetime supply of Maybelline cover up.  and some anger management therapy.

I know, it was looking black. Maybe he doesn't have a huge horn coming out of his head but a black blob isn't any better. 

It wasn't the scar that was darker; it was the skin that was previously raised over the cyst. I presume it had incurred sun damage and/or was discolored because of stretching. I think Dr. Lee should've excised the entire skin that covered the cyst and stitched the edges together. The other man's shoulder cyst had discolored skin as well.

The woman with the neurofibro...spelling? was so very thankful and sweet. I got a little misty watching her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

It wasn't the scar that was darker; it was the skin that was previously raised over the cyst. I presume it had incurred sun damage and/or was discolored because of stretching. I think Dr. Lee should've excised the entire skin that covered the cyst and stitched the edges together. The other man's shoulder cyst had discolored skin as well.

The woman with the neurofibro...spelling? was so very thankful and sweet. I got a little misty watching her.

So did I. 

• Love 2

Dear Dr. PP viewer-friends - they showed a preview of a show called "My Feet Are Killing Me", following Dr. PP's show last night.  I literally could only watch through my fingers.  I WILL NOT be watching this show.  I can handle cysts, bumps, lumps, moles, blah, blah, blah.  I CANNOT handle oozing ulcers, cracked feet, fungus toenails, ankle surgeries and the like.  I just can't!  Good grief, I sound almost hysterical!!! LOL

Oh man, it was awful.  And both doctors seemed so caring and pleasant, in addition to being easy on the eyes.  But I can't, I just can't!

One thing I will do though is come to PTV and read the forums. 

I think I might need help.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

That's "The Toe Bro". He has a 386K-subscriber following on YouTube. I have watched many of his videos (not a subscriber). He's a chiropodist in Canada, I think. He's not a podiatrist; it's a different certification (less school, I think) and a program not offered in the U.S. I think it's the nurse practioner equivalent in podiatry, but I am really not sure.

Anyway, his videos are extremely gnarly—as are the feet he works on, heh—but so compelling. He has a lot of elderly patients who can't take care of their feet any longer and develop pretty significant issues as a result. He has a wonderful "bedside manner", same as Dr. Lee. The videos are very hard to watch because of how painful the conditions look.

Last August, I had an ingrown toenail excised (I watched in fascination) and I can tell you that the injection from the numbing med HURTS like few other things I've experienced other than when I badly sprained my other foot and had cortisone injections.

I'm not sure how the procedures will translate to television. I assume they won't feature one of his 20-minute sessions of de-scaling dead skin from an old woman's feet. Or cutting extremely thick and overgrown toenails.

But thanks for letting me know it is coming because I will have to watch. I definitely need help.

ETA: His show will be on A&E, not TLC.

Edited by bilgistic
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Twopper said:

The satellite must have gone out while recording this so I would really appreciate someone telling me what the bump on the man's head was--the guy who was in the car accident.  

I have satellite, and my picture started turning green-ish every 5 seconds or so, so I checked the connections and as I was messing with them the picture disappeared completely.  Great--I made it worse.  But then I looked at every other channel and they were all working fine.

The weather was clear, and it was only the one channel.  I think somebody must have knocked a cord loose at the TLC mothership or something.

3 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

That's "The Toe Bro". He has a 386K-subscriber following on YouTube

Believe it or not, it's not the Toe Bro.  It's some other people, and I think they're podiatrists.  The preview had them dealing with wounds that won't heal, including one guy whose leg I couldn't figure out what was going on with it--it's like the wound ate away at all the skin on his calf.  And there was something where they were inserting new bones into someone's foot, maybe? 

I watched a couple of Toe Bro videos a while back, and they were mostly ingrown toenails or removing toenails completely (yuck); the stuff on My Feet Are Killing Me looked a lot more serious.  And much more scary than what's on Dr. PP.

• Love 1

I wondered why the fellow from Georgia had dark skin on his new scar. That was due to his being a smoker and therefore having lousy blood circulation? OMG!

i hope the woman with fibroma_____ gets more bumps removed & gets a new front tooth. She deserves it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Believe it or not, it's not the Toe Bro.  It's some other people, and I think they're podiatrists.  The preview had them dealing with wounds that won't heal, including one guy whose leg I couldn't figure out what was going on with it--it's like the wound ate away at all the skin on his calf.  And there was something where they were inserting new bones into someone's foot, maybe? 

I agree. The preview showed two doctors. One - a very attractive woman - was I believe in California and the other - an equally attractive man -  somewhere on the US East Coast. I believe they are both podiatrists. I know at least one of them described themselves that way.

Those were some gnarly feet they showed. The first patient, I really felt bad for. He has a serious circulatory problem with his legs and feet, with sores on his lower legs, and it all looked so painful. I hope the doc can get him into appropriate support stockings instead of those awful ace bandage wraps; her comments indicated she planned to do that.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree. The preview showed two doctors. One - a very attractive woman - was I believe in California and the other - an equally attractive man -  somewhere on the US East Coast. I believe they are both podiatrists. I know at least one of them described themselves that way.

Those were some gnarly feet they showed. The first patient, I really felt bad for. He has a serious circulatory problem with his legs and feet, with sores on his lower legs, and it all looked so painful. I hope the doc can get him into appropriate support stockings instead of those awful ace bandage wraps; her comments indicated she planned to do that.

I stand corrected. The Toe Bro's show starts March 5 on A&E. Y'all...two shows about people with effed up feet!

Edited by bilgistic
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 12/17/2018 at 9:41 AM, Evagirl said:

I kept thinking about it off and on all weekend - how, how, could you live with something like THIS on your face, a hard black thing about the size of a quarter!!  I couldn't do it, I just couldn't do. 

When this first aired I too found myself thinking about it for days. Can you imagine how gross that looked to a spouse, friends, an employer and strangers? It had to affect the way people treated her. It wasn't just large and gross, it made her look unsanitary.