Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Dr. Pimple Popper

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I am strangely fascinated with this show. Most of this stuff doesn’t repel me (maybe because my son is a veterinarian and I’ve watched him perform surgery many times) but that toe doctor just turns my stomach. No way can I watch that stuff!

I've discovered there is a show on feet on TLC and another on feet called Toe Bro on A&E! lol  I like them both, but, the one called Toe Bro....man, that's intense and the pimple popper is nothing compared to it. 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've discovered there is a show on feet on TLC and another on feet called Toe Bro on A&E! lol  I like them both, but, the one called Toe Bro....man, that's intense and the pimple popper is nothing compared to it. 

So far I'm hanging in with the Toe Bro. At least the grossest nastiest feet/toes he shows are really short little vignettes, shown in addition to the three or so cases featured at length in the episode. I like the Toe Bro's personality and the way he interacts with the patients. He's obviously serious about foot health but tries to keep things light as much as possible. 

The upcoming TLC show is called "My Feet Are Killing Me," and so far all I've found is a 14 minute preview. I watched it and liked it. I just looked to see if it's got a definite premiere date, but couldn't find one. The preview just ends with "coming soon." 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post


The one that I saw featured two podiatrists.  One had diabetes and he his feet were very dry and had poor circulation.  The other patient was a woman who had injured her heel TWICE and had surgery on it.  It was finally healing.  I don't recall the name of it, but, I think it came on right after Dr. PP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think that fans of this show were expected to be watchers of Toe Bro, and a new foot doctor show on TLC, which I haven't seen.
I couldn't finish Toe Bro.

Yep. I have been a nurse for 20 years and have seen it all but I literally could not watch this show.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:


The one that I saw featured two podiatrists.  One had diabetes and he his feet were very dry and had poor circulation.  The other patient was a woman who had injured her heel TWICE and had surgery on it.  It was finally healing.  I don't recall the name of it, but, I think it came on right after Dr. PP.

That was My Feet Are Killing Me. The featured podiatrists are both very telegenic, and I liked the way Dr. Vincent interacted with her patient (the man with poor circulation). So far all that TLC has released is that short preview. I haven't found the first full episode anywhere on the schedule yet.

ETA: Back to Dr. Pimple Popper. I just got home from the vet; my dog is having some minor surgery including removal of some [benign] growths. As my vet and I were examining the little pooch to confirm which growths will be removed, I used the word "lipoma" and then said, well, I watch Dr. Pimple Popper. He told me that he and his kids watch it too. Cracked me up. 😊

I shouldn't be surprised to find other Popper Watchers. The season finale of Dr. PP won the ratings battle, being the #1 cable show on March 7. That's huge for TLC. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Jeeves said:

As my vet and I were examining the little pooch to confirm which growths will be removed, I used the word "lipoma" and then said, well, I watch Dr. Pimple Popper. He told me that he and his kids watch it too. Cracked me up. 😊

On My 600 Lb Life, some people were saying one person's protuberances were lipodemas rather than lymphodemas ink these folks would fit into her chair.

Edited by auntjess
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, auntjess said:

On My 600 Lb Life, some people were saying one person's protuberances were lipomas, rather than lymphomas, and I'm thinking, gee Dr. Lee could do the skin surgery, with just a local.  But then I don't think these folks would fit into her chair.

Probably a typo--I'm sure you meant lipedema or lymphedema.  Lymphoma is a type of cancer.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

Probably a typo--I'm sure you meant lipedema or lymphedema.  Lymphoma is a type of cancer.

Yep. I changed it. Thanks.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watch shows saved on my DVR and recently the "new" Dr PP shows are actually repeat pops from previous shows with a bit of "extra" info tossed in. Very discouraging to expect a new show only to discover it's not new.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

I watch shows saved on my DVR and recently the "new" Dr PP shows are actually repeat pops from previous shows with a bit of "extra" info tossed in. Very discouraging to expect a new show only to discover it's not new.

I recently started watching the show , so all the episodes are new to me. 🙂

I was shocked that Dr Lee was able to remove over 60 lipomas from the lady from Alabama's two arms.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

It's his right to smoke, but, with a couple of kids.....man...that's a very risky thing to do when you have a family to take care of.  I hope he really isn't mean anymore. 

Does anyone know why that one guy who had the very hard bump on his side had such a large incision?  I know that she cut around it, instead of in the middle, but, when they showed it in the end, it appeared at least 6 inches long!

Smoking really does seem to be a cultural thing. Here in the US I don't know anyone who still admits* to smoking other than my husband. In my husband's country, though, I don't know anyone who doesn't smoke. 

*I know plenty of people who do it quietly and won't talk about it. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Two months ago, I started working as a cashier at a grocery store that sells cigarettes and all manner of tobacco products, and I was stunned to see how many people still smoke. They look like it, too. Smoking is absolutely horrific for the skin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, oakville said:

I was shocked that Dr Lee was able to remove over 60 lipomas from the lady from Alabama's two arms.

I think this was the one where she said she tried to get as many out of one opening, to minimize the number of scars.
This is one of my favorite shows now, but I wouldn't want my doctor to introduce herself by her first name.
She's a bit too touchy,feely.  Wouldn't do for a candidate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I thought I had all of the shows on my DVR, though I deleted some that I thought were covered by the Poppy Bowl shows.
Now I can't find the sisters who came down from Canada, and one had an ancient blackhead in/on her ear.
I even watched some of the boring ones, in case it was in one I usually skip, but can't find it.
Help! and thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Dr Lee got upset with a patient who was removing lipomas by himself. He showed up to have lipomas on his back removed. She made him promise not to do it on his own ever again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×