Type keyword(s) to search

The Four: Battle For Stardom - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Show was officially renewed today and will be back in late summer. Just watched tonight and totally expected Zhavia to win before the finale but the show turned out rather unpredictable. Zhavia was the weakest of the night, the other contestants really brought it. Ballsy of Evvie to challenge Zhavia but she deserved the win. I was rather surprised the judges let their golden girl go but Zhavia will be fine, she’s got a unique voice and style. Candice has a great voice but I find her boring so I preferred Vincent, both of his performances were really good. Although it would’ve been super weird to have the newbies in the final battle. 

I was surprised by the winner. I hope she gets some sort of career or real oppurtunity from the show. 

The judges are just out of control on the show. That air horn is so annoying, The judges getting out of their seats and on the stage or in the crowd annoying. I feel bad because it seems like the contestants take the show more seriously then the Mogul, Producer, and Singer/songwriter. I wonder if Megan will come back. She sure looked annoyed at the "boys", she had her head down and her hands in her ears during the last air horn display. 

• Love 1

Oh man, I cannot believe this awful show was renewed... but ahaha, bringing Rebecca Black on was a stroke of genius. Poor Rebecca Black - she can sing fine, but she'll never outrun "Friday." Meghan Trainor being supportive was sweet at least.

That awful Australian girl was on X Factor Australia. Calling bullshit on her American accent -- she's lived in the US, what, two years?

Yeah, so against my better judgement, I decided to flip back and forth between Cloak & Dagger and this. 

This still such a bad show, and I see they've changed nothing except for Charlie Walk. It's just an Ego Contest, nothing more. The audience is all about the fighting and not much about the actual talent. 

I do like Rebecca Black and have marginally kept up with her over the years, but she doesn't even need this godawful show. It's better that she wasn't chosen. Plus, unfortunately for her, this show seems to only love rap and R&B artists, or hot guys. So singing a pop song like that? Nah, of course the audience was more into Hot British Dude. They seem to have auditioned the audience members to see which ones were allowed to participate, as they all seem to love the same exact contestants. Though I did chuckle at some of the reactions to some of the songs from the audience members. I saw a bitchface from a girl in the audience when Rebecca was singing.

Overall, this show is still pretty bad and they haven't done anything to improve it.

Also, Australian girl sucks ass. How she got a record deal at 14 in the first place, I have no idea.

I started watching last week so these are some random thoughts. The airhorn needs to go it's annoying. I liked how the members of the Four are supportive of each other. I thought the other judges talked over Meghan Trainor. I think this show had more filler than the Voice. They only showed three singers during the first hour tonight. I thought the last battle tonight was excellent. I won't spoil the winner.

• Love 2

This show is so sloppy and lame. From Fergie's over-the-top enthusiasm to the judges obvious poor acting as to who they like and who they disagree on. It's more like a comedy show. It just plain sucks. 

Just catching up with episodes on my DVR.  I'm enjoying this season more than the last.   I like that they have the 4 sing together at the beginning of the show, gives you more opportunity to hear their talent.  My major critique of the first season, is that there was little opportunity to hear the original 4, so there was little investment in them from the audience/viewer.    I see Diddy taking on the role of critical judge this go around.   The original 4 is stronger this year, and I think the British guy will make it to the end.   Hopefully he won't be derailed by a ringer sent in on the next to last episode :).

• Love 2

I like this show so much better this season. The four changes enough to make it interesting but slowly enough that you have time to know the four as well. Last season was ruined for me with so much focus on the one member of the four, whatever her name was. I think this year the judges are allowing more opportunities to change things up. 

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, After7Only said:

Just catching up with episodes on my DVR.  I'm enjoying this season more than the last.   I like that they have the 4 sing together at the beginning of the show, gives you more opportunity to hear their talent.  My major critique of the first season, is that there was little opportunity to hear the original 4, so there was little investment in them from the audience/viewer.    I see Diddy taking on the role of critical judge this go around.   The original 4 is stronger this year, and I think the British guy will make it to the end.   Hopefully he won't be derailed by a ringer sent in on the next to last episode :).

James is my favorite. I think DJ Khalid is still annoying. They need to let Meghan give her opinion more often she made a good point tonight and Diddy and Khalid talked over her.

Observation while watching the current episode. I really like how nice James is to competitors and to new people on the four panel. He gets that it changes and doesn’t act like the four will never change. I hate when the current group gets too cocky and critical of new performers.  

• Love 4

Is it just me or did it feel like the whole "cheeks" rapper was a setup just to give an easy battle for Sharaya J? 

I also think that the judges influence the votes heavily whenever they praise or critique the battles. They obviously have their favorites or producer's favorites to move through and the notes tend to reflect that regardless of how they sung.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lynxfx said:

Is it just me or did it feel like the whole "cheeks" rapper was a setup just to give an easy battle for Sharaya J? 

I also think that the judges influence the votes heavily whenever they praise or critique the battles. They obviously have their favorites or producer's favorites to move through and the notes tend to reflect that regardless of how they sung.

I agree with you. I think Sharaya J is Diddy's favorite. I think he threw Jesse under the bus last week and James this week.

• Love 1

I was sad to see James go, as I did enjoy him on the show.  I wish Leah Jenea had challenged someone else, because that girl is super talented, and belongs in the final 4.  But so did James.  I would be happy to see James as one of the comeback performers next week.  If so, he'd be unwise to challenge Leah into a rematch, though that would probably be his marching orders from the producers.  I'm not a Sharaya fan, nor a rap fan, and would be happy to see her eliminated in the comeback challenge.  But, is it required that she can only be challenged by another rapper? 

• Love 3

Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this season (compared to last season) even more than the Voice or AI.  I've been really impressed with the talent.

I really liked James also and hope he gets the comeback nod.  Leah Jenae is super talented.  The soft tone was so pleasing (get so tired of the loud , long winded runs).

Admire Sharaya's courage and tenacity but not a fan of that style of music.  But it looks like she is destined to win.

AJ was too cute. Hope the exposure helps him .  His next song should be what he mentioned on show "get me off the truck".

• Love 4

I was so sad James was eliminated, but I completely understood why.  He made a poor song choice and he was against a unique, fresh, young singer.  I remember James from his ill-fated X-factor UK boy band.  He had the best voice in the (giant) group.  Hopefully, this exposure leads to great things for him in the US!  But I swear Leah is radio-ready.  Like right now.  She should just walk off of the show and straight into the studio.

• Love 3
On 7/24/2018 at 11:17 AM, chenoa333 said:

I can't stand Fergie and her OTT enthusiasm. It's so damn fake. She acts so re-goddamn-diculous.

I feel absolutely stabby every time she spins around with the colored rings. Just please stop! 

• Love 6
(edited)
32 minutes ago, yourpointis said:

I feel absolutely stabby every time she spins around with the colored rings. Just please stop! 

And what is with her counting on her fingers and holding them up one at a time, for each blue circle that registers from the judges vote?  One...TWo ...THRee...FOUR!!!!!!!!! It's FOUR VOTES EVERYONE!! 

STFU Fergie and put your fingers down...we know how to count to four.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

I would have picked the red haired singer in her battle although I also liked the girl that won.  (Not promising that I don't know either of their names).   I'd be totally happy with a James, Leah, or Sheraya win.  And I truly hope it results in a music career.

This season was much better than the first one.  At this point I much prefer The Four to AI and the Voice .  I think it's the focus on current music, the short number of episodes, and the fact that they are clear they are looking for a recording artist (and not so much a journey or story).  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I would have picked the red haired singer in her battle although I also liked the girl that won.  (Not promising that I don't know either of their names).   I'd be totally happy with a James, Leah, or Sheraya win.  And I truly hope it results in a music career.

This season was much better than the first one.  At this point I much prefer The Four to AI and the Voice .  I think it's the focus on current music, the short number of episodes, and the fact that they are clear they are looking for a recording artist (and not so much a journey or story).  

I like this season a lot better too.  I didn't watch last night's episode so I went to fox.com to see the final four.   From previous shows, I think Ali (red hair singer) is miles better than Whitney.   So I have to see what happened with that battle.  Maybe, Whitney did a very emotional performance because when it comes to vocal talent, Ali is better.

Glad that James is back.  The guy that he beat was too calculating for my taste even though he's talented too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

I like this season a lot better too.  I didn't watch last night's episode so I went to fox.com to see the final four.   From previous shows, I think Ali (red hair singer) is miles better than Whitney.   So I have to see what happened with that battle.  Maybe, Whitney did a very emotional performance because when it comes to vocal talent, Ali is better.

Glad that James is back.  The guy that he beat was too calculating for my taste even though he's talented too.

Yes, Ali and Whitney.  Thanks!   To me Ali easily out sang Whitney.  However in the judges discussion it they thought Whitney would be a better recording artist.  Ali always looked scared while not performing, so I'm not sure if that was the issue they were picking up on.   But Ali definitely deserved to be in the finale.  

• Love 2
On 7/27/2018 at 2:12 PM, After7Only said:

Yes, Ali and Whitney.  Thanks!   To me Ali easily out sang Whitney.  However in the judges discussion it they thought Whitney would be a better recording artist.  Ali always looked scared while not performing, so I'm not sure if that was the issue they were picking up on.   But Ali definitely deserved to be in the finale.  

Watched it this weekend.  I agree with you that Ali outsang Whitney.  I thought she should have won.  You can hear Megan saying that Ali has the best singing voice.  But the other two put Whitney's name down on paper so they must have saw something else.  It could be performance, style, who knows?

• Love 1

It was kind of nice to have James have a comeback of sorts.  I think they chose him as they think he could use the most help to package his talent for the best sales, etc.  Whereas with Sheraya and Leah they know they could do fine outside of winning the show.  James was super nice, and I always liked that about him--very down to earth.

• Love 1

I thought for sure Sheraya was going to take it as they favorited her from the beginning. Plus they already had a power singer last season so was guessing the would take the rapper this one. James sang his heart out and deserved to win. All four will probably get careers from this show. 

• Love 2

So happy for James. He has a beautiful voice especially the falsetto.  I hope he can have a Justim Timberlake career.  He absolutely nailed the Coldplay song at the end.

Happy tears for Sharaya and her good diagnosis.  She will do well in her career.

Love Leah's voice ,also.  But the poor girl looked so stressed even from the beginning of the show.  She needs to be a kid for a while.

• Love 1