Type keyword(s) to search

The Four: Battle For Stardom - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So, when I first tuned in on Thursday night to watch, I didn't have anything else to really watch so I decided that I'd give it a chance. Well, this show sucks was my thought coming out of the premiere. And really, it sucks for a multitude of reasons.

1. The first Four: how did they get picked? Why should we care about their spots being taken? I figured out that no matter what, the first Four would be somewhat g***** because they're contestants that nobody has known about and they're kind of weirdly put in the first four spots before the series even starts, which means they start with a severe disadvantage. What would have been better would have been to either see how they got picked in the first place, or have the premiere be a battle to see who would be the first Four. Of course they'd need some serious tweaks in order for it to happen. But also, the other issue is that all of them sucked and I couldn't care less about the first of the Four to get eliminated, nor about the second girl who beat the weird rapper dude, nor did I care about the guy who wrote that Demi Lovato song, and the fourth guy who didn't even get to perform was someone I simply didn't care for. 
  2. The judges. There's a severe issue with the mesh/mess of judges they got. Three guys, one girl, with Fergie as host. First off, I think Fergie would have done better as a judge, though I also couldn't care less about Fergie anyway. I liked her about ten years ago; not so much now. Now, for the rest. Meghan Trainor's too nice and too quiet (or they just edited her out). DJ Khaled was even more invisible and I can't recall if he actually got to say much at all. Charlie Walk was an interesting choice as a music producer and I actually didn't mind him at times, but he also went hot and cold with his critiques. I mean, I get a hardcore producer interference with him because sometimes he'd be nice, inviting, and supportive, but then the next contestant would have him cruel, critiquing them over the silliest stuff, and not impressive at all. I thought he might have been the next Simon Cowell....until Sean Combs AKA Diddy came along
  3. Sean Combs/Diddy. He deserves a solo spot all on his own. His ego is way bigger than this show. What the effing hell is wrong with this dude? Here's the thing; some of his critiques were kind of warranted. He started off making some good points about the performances being good but not great. That one blonde chick who sang Lorde was wholly unimpressive and she really gave no spark on stage for me to root for her. She had a nice voice, but nothing more. The first guy, the one who is famous in his small town, was pretty abysmal as well, and Diddy came some critiques there. But then, instead of shutting up, he went on and on and on and then started about how these contestants needed to impress him and how he's awesome or whatever. I felt bad for DJ Khaled, someone who I don't even like as a rapper, who got interrupted when he was about to give some constructive critisism to the Lorde Wannabe. Seriously, I have a feeling Diddy's going to keep getting the spotlight. I also disliked whatever "bromance" vibe they were trying to go for with Charlie and Diddy. Their arguing and then hugging it out was too forced. 
  4. The contestants and their ego. Now, there's a difference between confident and ego, and almost all the contestants were either fed stupid cliche lines, or they were too egoistical for their own good. Dreadlocks Girl impressed me until she opened her mouth after the performance and sounded like she was about to smack down the girl she challenged. Lorde Wannabe was ok until she started mouthing off and talking about how good she was and how she was going to be performing on stage at the Grammy's. The poor rapper who got forced to challenge the second girl, even though the critiques weren't good at all, just got smacked down by a mediocre voice. It wasn't even that Lex Lee girl was that good either, but she just happened to be better than him. Also, why was that rapper repeating his name over and over in his song? The only contestant I seemed to care for was the last guy who went and got the third spot on the Four. Why? Because he was humble and wasn't acting like some punk ass wannabe. 
  5. The premise itself. Having the judges judge first to see who gets challenged is fine. It's when there is the challenge and the judges give their critiques before the audience votes that is the issue. Have the audience vote first without being influenced by the judges. Not that it's a hard choice to begin with, because the premiere had clear winners and clear losers from the start. 

So, clearly this show has gotten under my skin, even after four days of sitting on it. I might give it another shot to see if the show evens out, but the premise is pretty awful, the judges suck, Fergie shouts too much as a host, and I have a feeling the contestants won't get much better. 

• Love 9

I kinda like the concept of this show.  The energy is different from the other singing shows which I found refreshing.  The song choices felt more relevant to current music than what you see on the other competition shows.    I do agree that the original 4 are basically set up to fail.   May have been better if the original 4 had each performed a song at the beginning of the show.  Or if they the challenger only performed the one song before the audience voted.  Seemed a bit unfair that the audience had 2 songs to base their decision on for one contestant and only 1 for the other. 

Especially like this there's only 4 episodes.  It will be over before I can tire of it.    And added bonus... no country contestants.   Not knocking country.  Just not my cup of tea, and they tend to bump my favorites on the other shows : )

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Especially like this there's only 4 episodes.  It will be over before I can tire of it.    And added bonus... no country contestants.   Not knocking country.  Just not my cup of tea, and they tend to bump my favorites on the other shows : )

Heh. So true. Although with no country contestants, there felt like they were overcompensating with rappers, the genre I hate the most, so I felt like I still lost in that scenario.

I do agree that it had a different vibe than other singing competitions; like it was stressed about a bazillion times in the premiere, it's more of an artists' competition than a singing competition. 

I was surprisingly disappointed that only five or six contestants got to perform overall. I guess I'm used to singing competitions powering through handfuls of contestants. Here, there was literally no time to montage them. Or they didn't care to. 

• Love 1

I felt this was really tremendously bad. I'll agree with a few of the points that the song selection was more contemporary and the lack of country refreshing, but the judging was lame, the show mechanics silly, and the hosting wooden.

Good thing it's short. One more small point in it's favor.

• Love 7

I agree with everyone who says the show needed to put the original four singers into some kind of context. After the first would-be challenger performed and Chris dismissed him with “you’re good, but these [the Four] are GREAT,” I just shrugged, because I don’t think the word ‘great’ should be thrown around about four people I’ve never heard of and are essentially just more contestants on a reality show. I managed to stick it out til the end of the episode (I did like that Saeed guy who went last), but I’ll probably give the rest of the season a hard pass unless I come back to the forum here and it’s suddenly lit up with excitement.

• Love 2

I watched just a little of the show, and I was bored.  Because no backstory, no one to root for really.  

I get that they wanted a new singing show on Fox because ABC snatched up the reboot of AI, but they need to retool the show.  

Not sure what they could do to be new and fresh.  Truly blind auditions - the Voice.  AI is the show with the thousands of unknowns.  They've tried different age groups - AI Juniors and I think there was a Seniors.   Making different bands or groups - done.  County singers exclusively - done that (Nashville Star).  I think they did something for Broadway types - a Glee show?  And the Acappella groups had a singing show.  There's America's Got Talent that has every type of entertainer, plus the dance shows.    I mean, X Factor kind of died because it was the same old stuff really.  

I'd say they could do by region of the country, but there'd be issues with that concept.  So you have the East and West Coast power voting for their contestants, and the Midwestern or Southern contestants are voted out.

Fox needs to find something else other than a singing contest.  

• Love 3

Fox needs to find something else other than a singing contest.  

In the words of Captain Holt, "Agreed."

I have lobbied for years for "less backstory" in reality shows, because being invested in someone who isn't talented and/or that I can't vote for, but it looks like there's a down side.

The odd thing was that I was listening to two different radio stations (one was a country format) and both DJs were promoting how "extreme" this show was.  If the second episode wasn't better, that will have been a waste of a bribe.

• Love 1

The last fool ruined one of my favourite songs in Radioactive. Too much scatting and forcing vocal inflections that he thought would make him sound experienced and cool. Too much annoyance from me, and I disliked his attitude. I liked Saeed shutting down the dick measuring contest. Which did piss me off when Saeed got eliminated for that guy. All I saw from the Jason guy was desperation. 

I'm not even sure why I tuned in; I guess I'm kind of mesmerized by this show. 

Yeah, Dionne Warwick granddaughter, I'm sure you really want to believe that your spot being chosen for this show was because you got there on your own. But girl, whether or not it was your decision to bring Dionne to the show, producers milked Dionne for all of her worth. I also didn't find her that impressive. She has a good voice, but not great. 

How is Dreads still there? I am glad Ash and Lex were eliminated, though. Lex had a mediocre voice at best, and Ash was not memorable. 

I liked the girl replacing Ash. She was fairly good. But again, none of these people have been particularly memorable....except for Saeed. Meh, can Saeed just come back next week and compete again? 

Judges are still fairly annoying at times. Khaled might be my favourite, which is a surprise since I dislike his music. 

• Love 1

I think I will have to let this show go.  It is very annoying.  It especially annoyed me how the girl with dreadlocks got so upset with Lex leaving...forgetting that some of the original four were probably unhappy with her taking over a spot as well.  

• Love 4

I'm not even sure why I tuned in; I guess I'm kind of mesmerized by this show. 

I keep seeing potential for an interesting show.  The circles of voting are an interesting visual the first time or two, for instance, until you realize you have to impress four very different people to go forward (instead of the old-school AI's "two of three", which made for fun arguments.) 

That they don't use completely dud acts (even the ones who got zero or one vote weren't awful.)  Where they're missing is that the judges are hearing different things than I am.  For instance, I thought the young woman who sang "Bad at Love" sounded almost exactly like the version I hear on the radio.  Saeed sounded better to me than the guy who replaced him.  I'm not sure if that's because my tastes are different, or because of TV vs. live.

Nice to see Dionne Warwick again.  If they'd shown this last month, they could have paired it with the Star Wars holiday special, which also had her on it.  They could have edited out some boring bits to make room.

• Love 2

Episode 2 annoyed me so much that I’m going to have to take a hard pass for the rest of the series. They are trying to be so different from the other shows but their format makes no sense and is unfair to all the singers. Leaving any vote in America’s hands is always a bad decision.

I was frustrated by the good talent that got tossed out for mediocre talent, even though Diddy kept saying they ere looking for greatness. The rapper chick would have won if she didn’t forget her lines, she was de facto eliminated the second she forgot her raps. I can imagine it’s hard to write a fresh, hot rap and remember it line for line, but you are setting yourself up when everyone else is using retrofitted regurgitated songs. I was also disappointed Ash got sent home, he was the total package for me, loved his swag, voice, attitude, and overall look. He def has the X factor. 

Honestly I think the judges are a huge part of the problem. They have different criteria and it’s adding to the confusion. Diddy wants  a Beyonce-level performance with the vocals of Christina Aguilera, the vulnerability of Sam Smith and creativity of (insert fav artist here). Charlie Walk wants marketability, someone who can sell a zillion records out the gate. Meghan wants goosebumps when they sing, and Khaled wants someone to secure the bag (whatever that means). None of them articulate well enough to do anything but confuse the audience with their input. And stop with the hugs already! I doubt there is a bromance underfoot, even though they seem to want us to think Diddy has chemistry with one of the other guys enough to model after Blake Shelton & Adam. 

The audience seems to go based off of emotion, and the artists have to choose the right song for both selections that shows off their style,  entire vocal range, vulnerability, creativity, originality, and X-Factor. It’s a tall order for a 90-second song. 

Fox should have kept AI and dumped this trash instead. 

• Love 4

My issue is how big the show's ego is. They keep talking about being a different type of singing competition, which is fine....if they didn't mention it every single time they spoke to a contestant. I know they're trying to drill into people's heads that this show is so much different than others, but there's a way to do that without inflating their own ego. 

Also, their encouragement with trash talking kind of grosses me out. Plus, only six singers per episode is very boring. 

Oh! And I guess there's also the fact that almost every single one of these singers thus far has had an advantage going in. None of these people are nobodies. Sure, that eliminates the sob stories that reality shows like this tend to use way too often. But it goes the opposite way, in that many of these people already have their foot in the door. Which isn't the worst thing because at least they have some experience, but then they have a mediocre or just good voice, at best, and I start to wonder why they got picked in the first place. It feels like they pick mostly mediocre singers with one pretty good singer for tension, but it's clear that they're just mediocre anyway. 

Like I said, it seems the only technical nobody contestant, Saeed, caught my attention the most and had a humble personality to boot, while every single one of the others (except for maybe Candice) had annoyed me to no end kind of says something about the format of this show. They encourage people to audition for this show, but it's clear that they've been choosing people who already have an "in" with the industry and occasionally choose someone who doesn't have that advantage. 

Also, Meghan? Telling Jason that he's the first contestant to make her cry or "feel that way", while Saeed is still sitting in his seat? Girl, you said the exact same thing in the premiere to him! Don't fool anyone here. 

Yeah, the judges behind the scenes moments make no sense. I don't get the feeling that any of them actually like each other. All the hugging and "bro I love you" talk is artificial, at best. 

And Fergie? Maybe you should just stick with your other show, The Launch. I haven't seen that one yet, but it's gotta be ten times better than this crap. 

• Love 4

Oh yeah, Fergie also annoys me, she is doing the most! It would have made more sense for her to be a judge and they get a real host like Maria Menounos, someone with expertise in the arena. Not everyone can be Ryan Seacrest.

I understand that the host has to be excited to give energy to the show but she is a little too over-the-top with all the jumping, screeching, and screaming. It truly is not that exciting hun. Even the contestants are not as excited as she gets. They win and they are not jumping up and down.  Every time I see her I just think that she is trying way too hard. If this is her second act and was supposed to breathe life into her career, it’s doing quite the opposite. It’s turning me off completely. 

Edited by Spiderella2
More points
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

My issue is how big the show's ego is. They keep talking about being a different type of singing competition, which is fine....if they didn't mention it every single time they spoke to a contestant. I know they're trying to drill into people's heads that this show is so much different than others, but there's a way to do that without inflating their own ego. 

Also, their encouragement with trash talking kind of grosses me out. Plus, only six singers per episode is very boring. 

Oh! And I guess there's also the fact that almost every single one of these singers thus far has had an advantage going in. None of these people are nobodies. Sure, that eliminates the sob stories that reality shows like this tend to use way too often. But it goes the opposite way, in that many of these people already have their foot in the door. Which isn't the worst thing because at least they have some experience, but then they have a mediocre or just good voice, at best, and I start to wonder why they got picked in the first place. It feels like they pick mostly mediocre singers with one pretty good singer for tension, but it's clear that they're just mediocre anyway. 

Like I said, it seems the only technical nobody contestant, Saeed, caught my attention the most and had a humble personality to boot, while every single one of the others (except for maybe Candice) had annoyed me to no end kind of says something about the format of this show. They encourage people to audition for this show, but it's clear that they've been choosing people who already have an "in" with the industry and occasionally choose someone who doesn't have that advantage. 

Also, Meghan? Telling Jason that he's the first contestant to make her cry or "feel that way", while Saeed is still sitting in his seat? Girl, you said the exact same thing in the premiere to him! Don't fool anyone here. 

Yeah, the judges behind the scenes moments make no sense. I don't get the feeling that any of them actually like each other. All the hugging and "bro I love you" talk is artificial, at best. 

And Fergie? Maybe you should just stick with your other show, The Launch. I haven't seen that one yet, but it's gotta be ten times better than this crap. 

I concur! The show’s ego is too much, with Diddy being the apex of that. Do we really have to watch Diddy's assistant put in eyedrops? We get it Puffy, you are so rich you can pay someone to put eye drops in your eyes. But why do that on camera...ick! Don’t you have a dressing room? 

And the judges panel are all just cyphers anyway, nothing original here. Charlie Walk is the music executive insider a la Simon Cowell, Meghan Trainor is the “nice” judge, Khaled is the Randy, no one knows what he’s talking about half the time, and Diddy is the STAR of the show. This show is actually making me dislike them with each passing minute. 

I enjoy tv competition shows and I get what they are trying to do but they are missing the mark completely. And I can’t get emotionally invested in any one contestant because I know next week they will most probably be eliminated, so I don’t even know who to root for. 

• Love 5

My issue is how big the show's ego is. They keep talking about being a different type of singing competition, which is fine....if they didn't mention it every single time they spoke to a contestant.

Absolutely.  Also, if you have to tell me it's different more than once...it's probably not that different.  If your whole show can be described as "it's the knockout rounds of The Voice, with...different judges and so far, no country music"--own that.  Sure, you might lose the Farmer's Only endorsement, but there's still a group of people that would watch that.

And I can’t get emotionally invested in any one contestant because I know next week they will most probably be eliminated,

This might be the fundamental flaw of the show; even if they added more backstory (which I dislike), we don't get a real sense of the contestants.  For instance, next week's challengers:

1.  Think they can win.

2.  Really want to win.

3.  Will challenge someone who is also talented, but they're even better, and really want it more.

At least three of them will belt it out like it's the last episode of Star Search, which is close.

• Love 3

One thing !MrsHB pointed out is, whoever goes later in the season has an advantage, as they'll have to face fewer challengers. 

I did, however, catch Fergie's mention that the color of the rings for the safe contestants is "magenta."  That's T-Mobile's term for their trademarked shade of pink; I expect to hear it every week now. But as a T-Mobile subscriber, I'm glad to see them getting more sponsorships.

• Love 1

I hate to admit it, but I kinda love this show. But I’ve watched all of Diddy’s Making the Band shows and he’s not wrong in a lot of what he’s saying. And I love the limited sob stories. The only thing I don’t like is that the person challenging always seems to be at an advantage since they have just performed and won the chance to challenge. And then go second in the challenge. The momentum is on their side. 

• Love 1

Caught the first two episodes on Hulu and I find it entertaining. The one thing I don’t like is people can’t be challenged more than once an episode. I feel like it allows weaker contestants to remain. Overall, I think it’s a cool formula reminiscent of Star Search, which I like. And I like all the judges and Fergie as host. 

I have been revenge watching because I want to see Dreadlock Girl and Full of Himself Pompous Jerk who unseated Saeed kicked off by a different singer, but last night was the last straw.  That woman who sang Prayer was freaking amazing.  And she lost out to sick and croaking Dreadlock girl because Dreadlock girl has an interesting look?  No.  I'm done.  I'm done with listening to Khaleed, I'm done listening to Full of Himself Pompous Jerk who unseated Saeed brag about how he deserves it all, finished.  The only one I'll still like after this is Meghan Trainor.

• Love 4

I'm reading a recap on what I missed because I have other Thursday shows to watch now. It sounds like I made the right decision to watch my other shows instead of this. Jason and Zhavia stay because...why? Cheyenne got eliminated because she competed against a rapper. Yes, show, let's judge based on two completely different artists. Oh, and Candice apparently got eliminated too? I don't know what the two new singers are like, but I've clearly made the right decision to not watch.

• Love 3

I'm so f**king sick of  Zhavia! I mean obviously that she has only made it this far because of her look because she isn't that good of a singer and that last woman her sang against her proved that.  The only way I see her getting removed from her seat is if some woman comes along that has blonde hair and is good looking and can somewhat sing.

• Love 1
On 1/13/2018 at 11:42 AM, Lady Calypso said:

And that way is to BE a different type of singing competition. When AI began, it didn't go around telling everyone is was going to be a different kind of singing competition, it succeeded because it was exactly that. Also, Kelly Clarkson. And that's one of the main problems here, in my opinion... none of these contestants is talented. The judges keep saying these are the GREATEST SINGERS OF ALL TIME or whatever, and NONE of them are even acceptable to me. It makes me weep for modern society every time the judges gush over them. It probably doesn't help that I hate most of the songs they sing too, and all the warbling. I've always believed that singing competition contestants do that because they just can't hold (or find) the note. There are so many truly amazing singers on The Voice, that it's ludicrous to call anyone on this show worthy. YMMV.

I came for Meghan Trainor, and just to see what it was all about. But, after one episode, I'm done with it. The judges are all terrible (...still love you, Meghan!), Fergie is not a good tv host, the premise is somewhat interesting, but the execution is extremely flawed. And I agree with all of the criticisms mentioned above. This show sucks, period. Ugh.

• Love 4

This show is painful.  I am embarrassed to say I am still kind of watching it.  Last night was refreshing to see two new people take over the chairs, however, I am sure whatever her name is with the dreadlocks will be coming back as they are allowing fans to vote people back into the competition.  That will only make her head larger than it already is, as she was not very graceful about losing.  She will learn soon that she might have "fans" now, but getting a good record deal and being successful is much harder than swaying a few crazy people that like her from this show.  She should chat with all of the other singing competition people that weren't nearly as special as they thought when it came to success in the industry.  lol

• Love 4

I'm so freaking glad that  Zhaviais finally git eliminated from the show!!!! She is not a good singer at all and I'm so sick of her look and attitude and bias Megan Trainer can go F**k herself!

• Love 2

I really like Zhavia, and while I thought Kendyle’s first song was good, I didn’t think Kendyle won head to head. Megan doesn’t need to vote against someone because she’s afraid one of her faves might lose but I don’t understand why the judges have discussions, they should just vote. 

A couple of adjustments I would make for next season: I think the members of the four should go last, not first. Also, I think they need to start the season with empty chairs so we can see people fill the seats. And I hope they can work towards live shows. 

• Love 2

I like Zhavia but I did think she was off last week.  I thought she was better even during the week that she was really sick.  I don't think it would be fair if Kendyle didn't get a chance just because Megan wanted to protect Zhavia.  They need to bring it even when they're sick or distracted.  They didn't give Rell another chance when he was thinking of his brother.  And even distracted, I preferred him over Nick.

I have a feeling that Zhavia is the comback artist and she will challenge Kendyle.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, healthnut said:

Zhavia, Saeed, Ash, and Candice are all coming back. Apparently it was based on twitter votes. 

That's good. Except for Zhavia, this is a group I actually might tune in to see again. I loved Saeed, I thought Ash had potential, and I thought Candice was perfectly pleasant. 

• Love 2

I don't understand the Zhavia love (on social media)? I don't care for her deep voice and she has a know it all, Im great  attitude.

For some reason i think Zhavia is the chosen one. The judges obviously have to want to work with the winner. There is seems to be a type they are looking for. I have yet to see any county singers, singers older then 28, and maybe one pop/rock singer. 

If the show wasn't on hulu , I probably wouldn't watch but  I seem to get sucked in on the weekends watching and yelling at the judges over the top favorism and Diddy's constant eating soup motions. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, healthnut said:

Yikes. Another one bites the dust. Maybe they put Fergie on the panel and get another host. 

do they pre-tape the show? So he will be on tonight but not for the finale?

Have they said how the finale works? Will the judges  or the audience choose the winner. If the audience does , then no need to replace him.

5 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

do they pre-tape the show?

The shows are pre-taped, they are taping the finale tomorrow. According to Charlie Walk, he’s not attending the taping so as not to be “a distraction”. Doesn’t sound like he thinks he was fired...

Whoa, Jason dug himself a deep hole with his speechifying to Megan after his defeat.  That was super uncomfortable.  This show seems to encourage the overinflated egos, but he believed his own hype and took it too far.  He'll have a hard time finding work in the industry now, I imagine.

I'm not a fan of Zhavia, her super-fake persona and her "singing."  But, I did appreciate that she complimented both of her opponents.  

Watching mostly to keep tabs on Diddy's eyebrows.  Were they always so diabolical? 

• Love 2

Agree on Jason.  The show encouraged his antics towards other competitors but when he did the exact same thing to a judge, now it's disrespectul?   OK show. 

So now we have a finale with 2 competitors that the audience barely knows and have little investment in.   If Vincent or Evvie were to win, the show might as well just picked a winner on episode 1 or 2 and been done.    It would have been much better if all the challengers in this episode had been previous members of the 4, or if they had let all 4 comeback contestants challenge for all 4 seats.   All 4 of them could have easily beat Vincent.  And at least a couple could have beaten Evvie.  

Still a little bitter Tim will not be in the final.  He's one of the few I thought was likable, interesting, and extremely talented.   

• Love 3

I have watched this show three times too many. I thought Evvie was very good but I thought Zhavia was not good she can not even pronounce some of the words in her song - its like she just makes up her own. She can do some great rapping but I think she lacks in the singing or carrying a note department. I hope Evvie pans out and beats her- cause she needs to improve majorly before she should win any competition. (Zhavia)

Megan Trainor please just quit - you suck. You say the same thing over and over and I can not stand watching you anymore. Fergie too. Way to ruin your career Fergie and from watching Megan I get that she is probably a one hit wonder. Diddy and his eat thing is on  my nerves too - so I'm out just had to rant because the show left such an awful taste in my mouth. Now I feel a bit better - over to Live PD to finish ranting. 

• Love 1

This show doesn't make sense.  Two new people are now in the finals.  Usually, you earn your way through the finals by beating a bunch of other contestants during the season.  Tim, Saeed, and Ash are better than Vincint and should be in the finals.  Evvie's talent  is good enough to be in the finals but she still should have been required to beat more contestants.

I think the show wants Zhavia to win because she has gained a lot of fans through social media.

Also, if Charlie is out, then they need to sub in another record president.  Part of the appeal of winning is getting to work with the judges which includes a major record company's president.

• Love 2

In the future, if they are going to do a comeback episode, they don’t need to have newbies also. It’s ridiculous to have two brand new people in the finale. Even Candice only lasted a week with her previous run, I would’ve rather brought back a couple of other returnees like Lex & Rell, instead of the Vincent and Evvie battles. 

I like Zhavia, but I preferred both Ash and Tim in their battles. It’s hers to lose next week for sure. I hope the show comes back next years with some improvements. And I agree that there needs to be an executive on the panel in place of Charlie Walk if he’s really out. 

• Love 1

Does anyone know how the winner is chosen? Is it by the judges? the audience ? or a public vote?

The finale tonight is against the Olympic's opening cermony, Big brother and project runway. Really poor scheduling, if they are having any sort of vote because I bet there will be few live viewers. 

Envied won the audience vote after they all sang. She outdid everyone. So she got to determine who challenged who, she chose zhavia and outperformed her again. So the judges chose Evvie to move on. The other two challenged each other and then Candace won. So Evvie versus Candace and Evvie won. 

• Love 1

I haven't seen the Evvie/Candace battle yet.  I take back what I said about Vincint last week.  I loved when he sang Creep and enjoyed him the most in the first round.  Shavia was outdone by everyone.   I agree with Diddy that she's not ready yet.  I think she's the most unique out of the four but she needs to develop her voice more.

I'm actually surprised that the judges didn't pick her since she has a massive social media following.