Type keyword(s) to search

Previous Episodes Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Nothing beyond S02.E15 in here please. See forum for individual episode topics from S02.E16 onwards.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I don't know if I'm too old or something, but I absolutely can't figure out what Zoey even had to apologize for. She was worried about her friend when she saw the boyfriend there (altho, wtf? he can't even go have a drink in the dorm where he lives if she's not there?), and she reached out to the other friends. What did she do wrong? And why were Nomi and Ana mad at her? And Jazz wasn't even actually mad at her boyfriend for being at the party, but mad to the point of cutting Zoey off even tho she was trash talking Zoey in a group text earlier in the week? Ugh. I might have been this bad when I was 19, but I dunno. I don't think I was EVER this much all up in all my friends' bizness.

I'm not saying I agree with Jazz for getting so upset, but she was mad because she thought that as soon as Zoey saw her boyfriend at the party, Zoey should have told her immediately (rather than texting with Ana and Nomi about it).

The fact that Zoey hesitated and did not notify Jazz right away and even talked to other people about it made Jazz feel that Zoey was not being loyal to her.

That attitude is not something new. On tv shows and in movies (and in real life), people get mad because a friend saw or knew something and didn't tell them (or the person who knew asked someone else if they should tell someone what they saw). And of course it got turned up to 11 because they're all 19 year old drama queens.

Again, not saying that I agree with any of this mess because they were ALL making mountains out of molehills.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'm glad I am not the only one who didn't get what the big deal was. Maybe we're just the wrong generation to understand it, but seriously-- are kids this petty? I never had anything remotely  like this even as a teenager. We had blow ups and falling outs, but it was over realer transgressions.

Yes kids are this petty. Also they turned up the drama this season but didn’t turn up comedy to balance it.

• Love 3

Zoe is getting to be as unlikable as Dre.  I like the twins and Diggy Simmons.  Even Aaron is starting to be an elite ass.

Like how Zoe finally got that she is probably not going to be a designer and dropped the class.  She has struggled since she started that class.  Love the class was classified as a lab.

• Love 1

Zoe is kind of insufferable. Confidence is great, and it would be impossible to not know how pretty you are when you look like that, but she's smug and arrogant, when she's not being insecure about everyone not thinking she's the best and most beautiful and enviable. it's not a great combo. I didn't get Jazz being such a bitch to her, tho, still.

I don't guess I realized Zoe had been struggling so much in her design class; it just felt like she gave up really easily when confronted with not being a 'genius'. So what now? She and Haley Dunphy should really start a firm and become stylists.

Loved the purply gown Luca designed.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

She and Haley Dunphy should really start a firm and become stylists.

The funny thing is that Haley does better in life, except for the pregnancy, Zoe had the best start via her parents, the better smarts and is still floundering or fixated on mundane things.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

The funny thing is that Haley does better in life, except for the pregnancy, Zoe had the best start via her parents, the better smarts and is still floundering or fixated on mundane things.

Haley is also 6 years older than her. I don't think that Zoe is any worse off than Haley was at 19. Haley was a hot mess who got arrested and kicked out of college.

• Love 3

If any person would make Zoe look like a responsible adult, its Haley. At least Zoe is staying in college and has so far avoided her parents basement and any brushes with the law.

Zoe has kind of struggled with class, but I think her dropping might be a bit fast. That being said, I do like that they are having her try new things and maybe look at a different major or emphasis. So often on TV, if a student in college decides they dont know what to do, they freak out and drop out instantly because "they dont know what they want to do" or something, instead of just taking some new classes like a normal person, so at least Zoe isnt pulling a Junior on us. 

See, this is why you dont worship one kid and tear the other one down all the time, Dre! One kid gets hit with the reality stick HARD, and the other one gets self esteem issues. 

So the artist was actually a woman? Take that, problematic board! I didnt see anything particularly amazing in the beach feed (I am with Nomi, it looks like a computer save screen), but the song at the end was pretty good, even if dropping your video at the end of a sitcom cannot be that cool. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Luca was less of an ass than usual.

I think it would be interesting if Zoey discovers that she doesn't have any particular outstanding talent or burning relentless passionate topic of interest. Most people don't. They do something they're reasonably capable of, which they basically like, but not everyone was born with a great passion or genius for a specific thing. They work at whatever it is they wind up doing, and live a perfectly happy life. She can be a normal person, a generalist, not someone born to do some particular thing and change the world with her magical inspiration, but someone who makes her life worthwhile and has an impact on the world around her by making a choice and committing to it-- from among a range of plausible options, not overwhelming destiny.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Luca was less of an ass than usual.

I think it would be interesting if Zoey discovers that she doesn't have any particular outstanding talent or burning relentless passionate topic of interest. Most people don't. They do something they're reasonably capable of, which they basically like, but not everyone was born with a great passion or genius for a specific thing. They work at whatever it is they wind up doing, and live a perfectly happy life. She can be a normal person, a generalist, not someone born to do some particular thing and change the world with her magical inspiration, but someone who makes her life worthwhile and has an impact on the world around her by making a choice and committing to it-- from among a range of plausible options, not overwhelming destiny.

I think it would be interesting if Zoey ended up in a unglamorous, not particularly esteemed major or career-teaching, nursing and social work come to mind as examples-but finds them rewarding. It would be a realistic outcome that doesn't happen to often on tv, but I for one would love to see it. Could open it some good character development for her. I just hope they don't try to convince us that Zoey is ,say, destined to become a doctor like her mom. I don't care how much Dre likes to kiss Zoey's ass, but Junior and Diane are the smart ones in the family. 

• Love 3

I'm so over whatever they are doing with Jazz. I'm just tired of her general negativity. And honestly, her outward anger towards Zoe made me mad at her friends too. Jazz has been carrying on like this for 2 weeks over a nothing event that she's clearly more than forgiven her boyfriend for and she's still coming at Zoe like this and they say nothing? Last week's episodes was entirely too much to me, but 2 weeks of this? They speak up and Jazz gets over it or she's a lonely girl with a sister and a boyfriend but no friends to hang out with until she gets over herself. They've made such a big deal about this great friendship between the three girls in particular, but it's like it disappeared the last two episodes in favor of whatever they wanted to do with this storyline. 

Aaron has become true window dressing this season. Use of Vivek is even worse. I don't know if more of just the girls and less of the full group is the reason I'm not feeling this season as much as last, but something is definitely a bit off for me. 

I liked the dress Zoe was working on at the beginning considerably more than the one she turned in.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

If any person would make Zoe look like a responsible adult, its Haley. At least Zoe is staying in college and has so far avoided her parents basement and any brushes with the law.

Zoe has kind of struggled with class, but I think her dropping might be a bit fast. That being said, I do like that they are having her try new things and maybe look at a different major or emphasis. So often on TV, if a student in college decides they dont know what to do, they freak out and drop out instantly because "they dont know what they want to do" or something, instead of just taking some new classes like a normal person, so at least Zoe isnt pulling a Junior on us. 

See, this is why you dont worship one kid and tear the other one down all the time, Dre! One kid gets hit with the reality stick HARD, and the other one gets self esteem issues. 

So the artist was actually a woman? Take that, problematic board! I didnt see anything particularly amazing in the beach feed (I am with Nomi, it looks like a computer save screen), but the song at the end was pretty good, even if dropping your video at the end of a sitcom cannot be that cool. 

Dropping a music video at the end of a sitcom worked for Will Smith 30 years ago dammit!

• Love 1
On 1/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, HeySandyStrange said:

I don't care how much Dre likes to kiss Zoey's ass, but Junior and Diane are the smart ones in the family. 

How are Junior & Diane the smart one's in the family? The only Johnson kid to be portrayed as less than book smart has been Jack.

Edited by Dee
59 minutes ago, Dee said:

How are Junior & Diane the smart one's in the family? The only  Johnson kid to be portrayed as less than book smart has been Jack.

Junior and Diane, at least to me, have always been book smart (though Diane is probably the sharpest). Jack isn't that smart, but he does gave charm and talent. Zoey I've always taken to be rather average academically. Of course, I haven't seen every episode of Black-ish so maybe I missed something. I just remember some of the tidbits over the years, like Bow wanting to influence Diane into following her into medicine, thinking she had the best chance at making it of all the kids, her thinking Zoey needed to marry good, Junior getting into some really good colleges, and Jack being pretty clueless. I might be wrong, but that has been my impression of the Johnson kids talents and intelligence. I don't think Zoey is a dummy, but as the past episode implied, she is probabpy not exceptional, which is fine. 

• Love 1

Zoey has always done extremely well in school. Her parents have never had to worry about her post-high school plans the way they have with Jack, or needed to accommodate an impulsive gap year the way they have with Junior.

The only reason Rainbow appealed to Diane, at the time, is because her overly needy ass felt she could make inroads with her younger daughter, because her older daughter didn't want to associate with her.

Diane may be unfailingly 'precocious,' and Junior may be a giant ball of nerd cliches, but Zoey has been the Johnson family star.

Jazz's behavior is over the top, and Zoey needed to check her.  Ok, be mad, but don't be a total bitch to her in her own apartment!  She spat gum in Zoey's drink and then sat back down on Zoey's couch like it was nothing.  Go back to your dorm.  It's amazing that Zoey is so intimidated by her given that Zoey was a "cool girl" in high school right?  Once she saw Jazz was taking this to another level she should have disengaged.

However, this fits in with the whole big fish in small pond goes to college and becomes small fish in big pond theme for this show and especially this season. 

Zoey's crisis of confidence was realistic even though it was framed in a very shallow and narcissistic package.  I wish they had showed her struggling more with the design classes.  Her epiphany about not loving design would have felt more earned.  This seemed like she was quitting something she no longer enjoyed because it wasn't as easy or fun as she thought. 

I miss the more ensemble feel of the show.  The focus on Zoey is making her more unlikable and annoying.

• Love 4

The first season of this show was so good, but this season it feels so out of touch and manufactured dramas,zomg! Seriously, from their sophomore year apartment that’s nicer than most of our adult homes, to the barely in class lack of storylines, to the weird obsession with black dorms being cool by throwing lots of drinking events, to the thin and uninteresting storylines, this show is in the shitter, YMMV.

• Love 5

S2.E5 Girls Like You

When Nomi's endless string of one-night stands starts to throw off the apartment dynamic, Zoey and Ana confront her. Aaron encourages Ana to let loose for a night and the friends all agree to check off an item from their bucket list.

Original air date: 1/23/19

I liked this episode a lot. Zoe's relationship dramas with Luca (who I love cuz he's so pretty but didn't really miss, like, at all) and her smugness and  insecurities were not front and center, and it made for a more interesting, funny dynamic with the rest of the cast. I liked Kate Moenning as the new professor too.

I also want a Korean hand mask and weed brownie Thursday.

• Love 8

Damn. That look before Ana ate the pizza. I knew they were going there this week.

I know sexuality is more and more difficult to pin down these days but I dont believe Nomi is bi at all. I think she's a lesbian. That's it.

This felt like a more solid episode. Felt true to college in a way people of all ages can relate to.

On I side note. I hate how much of a punching bag Vivek is on the show. 

Most of the main guys on the show get clowned a lot actually. It's not a totally bad thing but a little balance would be nice. No need to be walking punchlines.

• Love 1

I 'awwwwed' loudly at Zoe watching Bob Ross. He is very soothing.

I'm curious about Nomi's relationship with her parents.

I think this show works best when it's focus is not entirely on Zoe or her relationship drama.

Pineapple on pizza is awesome!

• Love 3

This was WAY better than the last few episodes! This show is so much better when its about the ensemble and the experiences of being in college, not drama and relationships. Also, the best episode of the season, also happens to be the first episode with no Luca. Coincidence? 

I so called Ana and Aaron hooking up, am ready to see where that goes! Pineapple pizza is delicious! I liked that whole sequence with the gang trying new things, thats was really fun, and it was nice to see them acting like friends with no fighting or too much snarking. 

I like the new teacher, and I wonder if Nomi will come out to her parents sometime soon? Parents Weekend coming up?

• Love 6

I really liked that they had Nomi conclude that being in the closet was interfering with her ability to go beyond superficial hook ups. Sometimes coming out to your parents is dangerous, though. I don't want the show to persecute her, but I also don't like that the professor didn't ask WHY she isn't out to them. Are they going to, for instance, stop paying her tuition? Being suddenly financially on her own is a big thing, too. And why would she be afraid to tell them if they were generally supportive? Coming out is liberating, but it's also stressful. Still, I really liked that they handled the issue sensitively as far as they went with it, and I especially liked how Zoey handled it. That's always been Zoey's strength: she's not quick to judge, which sometimes makes her weak-willed in the face of peer pressure and social norms. But she's also observant, and caring, and when she has the guts, she will confront things in a thoughtful way.

I thought everyone was growing a bit this week, which I enjoy.

The anger toward Zoey from the twins seems to have cooled, or at least been back-burnered but I still don't understand what it was about, so that was kind of weird for me. I wasn't enjoying it and didn't miss it, so it was good to get a break from it. But they made a big enough deal about it previously that I think they have to address it at some point.

I guess this season really is going to be more about dating than anything else, though, which I find disappointing.

• Love 3

I liked this episode a lot more than the previous ones. And I agree that the gang makes fun of Vivek way too often. Aron must shave that atrocity on the back of his head. I hate it but I also find it super funny because it is so typical for college kids to do all sort of nonsense with their hair.

About Jazz, it seems to me like she always secretly disliked Zoey (the secret chat group to badmouth her and all) and she only waited for to right moment to openly show it. Her anger was so disproportionated, it made no sense to me. When I was 19 I could never be mad for than long especially after to other party apologized and there was actually no harm done. I wouldn't want someone who has secret chatrooms about me as my friend. Especially if those chatrooms are with other chatrooms are with mutual friends.

• Love 7
On 1/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, luna1122 said:

I liked this episode a lot. Zoe's relationship dramas with Luca (who I love cuz he's so pretty but didn't really miss, like, at all) and her smugness and  insecurities were not front and center, and it made for a more interesting, funny dynamic with the rest of the cast. I liked Kate Moenning as the new professor too.

I also want a Korean hand mask and weed brownie Thursday.

I agree.  Great episode.  Aside from the nightly drinks and dinner in a nice place, I still think that is out of reach for most students, I like how they actually addressed a real issue.  I liked the whole process and I too learned something.

I usually have off Fridays and so weed brownie Thursday would fit right in!  Bring it!  No, seriously, someone bring it.

17 hours ago, possibilities said:

Sometimes coming out to your parents is dangerous, though. I don't want the show to persecute her, but I also don't like that the professor didn't ask WHY she isn't out to them. Are they going to, for instance, stop paying her tuition? Being suddenly financially on her own is a big thing, too. And why would she be afraid to tell them if they were generally supportive? Coming out is liberating, but it's also stressful. Still, I really liked that they handled the issue sensitively as far as they went with it, and I especially liked how Zoey handled it. That's always been Zoey's strength: she's not quick to judge,

All great points!

• Love 4

I agree with those who thought this was the best episode of the season so far. No social media obsession, and Zoey was part of an ensemble, not the center of the universe. And it wasn't really about relationships either -- Nomi's hookups were barely shown, they were just a means to an end, and that end was some personal growth. And the other kids just going out and trying new things was a lot of fun. Although I have to say when Aaron said "there's one other thing I've never done" and kissed Ana, I kind of expected a punchline after that of "kissed a Republican!" But obviously the show was going for romance and not humor.

• Love 3

Hee, I was kind of waiting for the new professor to go full Lena and stab a bitch. I hope we see more of her because she was great with the class as well as with Nomi one on one.

I agree that coming out can be dangerous if you don't know how your parents will react. There was a recent situation where a college student's family disowned her when they found out she wasn't straight. On top of the emotional turmoil of the situation, they withdrew their financial support so someone started a gofundme for her. She was then told that because she was a student athlete, she couldn't keep the money or she would lose her NCAA eligibility. She ended up quitting the team because she couldn't afford to stay in school without the money people had donated. Now imagine dealing with that kind of stress and still going to class, writing papers, studying for exams, etc.

I enjoyed everyone trying something new and just spending a night not fighting and nitpicking at each other. Even though I love pineapple on pizza, I had to laugh when Ana referred to it as "hot fruit."

• Love 2

S2.E6: Love Galore

When Luca faces an exciting, high-pressure assignment for his design class, Zoey starts to wonder if she's made a mistake in her future career choice. Jazz and Sky are frustrated when they see that an untalented but undeniably sexy basketball player is receiving more attention than they are and debate with Aaron and Vivek if body image trumps skill.

Original air date: 1/30/19

No one but possibly Aaron is 21 in this group, correct?  And yet the on-campus/near campus bar blithely serves them drinks and shots?  I don't think so. (And I don't think the bar would be fooled by fake ids-they'd be looking for actual college ids.)  It also bothered me last week when Aaron, the RA, was serving, and then selling, drinks to underage students.  not only would he'd lose his RA status, he'd be suspended from school.  I know college kids drink plenty, but not under these particular circumstances.  

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2

Vivek: "Social media is a living organism. You know, one thing feeds off the others. Basketball, is a part of Chastity's image, and these days my friends, everything is about brand!"

Aaron: "And your guys instafeed is literally pictures of you & your dad eating donuts."

Sky: "So what, I'm supposed to be like Charity & straddle a hurdle?!"

Jaz: "Yeah there is no way I'm going to Pet-Co just to press my ass cheeks on some fish tanks!"

Aaron, Vivek & The Twins are gold.

• Love 5

When Luka was bitching that Zoey was steaming his outfit left to right instead of right to left, I was like OH NO HE DIDN'T. Steam it yourself, jackass!

So I guess this is going to lead to Zoey deciding she wants to become a stylist instead of a designer? I'm glad that even when her roommates are high, they can see through her bullshit. Zoey didn't suddenly realize she missed designing. She was just jealous that Luka might get singled out by Michelle Obama.

Heh, I did love Charlie asking if Michelle was still with "that dude."

• Love 10

Zoe being a stylist makes sense...how does one train/study/become that? what kinds of courses help with that sort of career? Legit curious.

Ana and Nomi's stoned banana bread eating was gold.

Charlie just doesn't work for me on this show. He's funny, but it's such a bizarro premise that he's dean, while also still working apparently full time with Dre...It just takes me outa the show when he's on.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Charlie just doesn't work for me on this show. He's funny, but it's such a bizarro premise that he's dean, while also still working apparently full time with Dre...It just takes me outa the show when he's on.

Completely agree. Charlie cracks me up every time I see him, but his presence on this show makes no sense at all. I guess I could see how someone working in advertising full-time would have the time to teach a night class( but it’s not like he would need the money), but now a part-time adjunct/ full-timer ad guy is DEAN of a college? What?

If they wanted to give the actor more screen time (although he doesn’t seem to appear on this show anymore than he does on blackish), why not make him a different character? Maybe Charlie’s twin? That would at least make sense.

• Love 9

It really is super weird to see Charlie here, and also at Dres workplace. I like seeing him around, and he cracks me up, but he made more sense as a nighttime professor than as a Dean. I mean, Charlie doesent make sense at any point, but this is pushing it, even by Charlie standards. 

You better do more than give Zoe an autographed shoe to make things right, Luka. Tortured genius or not, you were being a grade A asshole. Press your own damn sheets in whatever way you want to! I do like the idea of Zoe being a stylist, that seems like something she would be good at and enjoy. Not sure what classes you would take for that, but there has to be something!

The twins, Vivek, and Aaron are hilarious together. I wonder if the twins will suddenly get a billion new followers on Instagram after they post pictures of leaning on fish tanks while looking sexy! Ana and Nomi and their high banana bread shenanigans were great as well. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Zoe being a stylist makes sense...how does one train/study/become that? what kinds of courses help with that sort of career? Legit curious.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I do like the idea of Zoe being a stylist, that seems like something she would be good at and enjoy. Not sure what classes you would take for that, but there has to be something!

I know next to nothing about styling, but if that's what Zoey wants to do then she should probably find another internship (what ever happened to the internships that she and Luka had at Teen Vogue?), preferably with a stylist, which shouldn't be that difficult to do since she's in LA an you can't throw an autographed shoe without hitting five stylists.

I have no idea if there are classes available (maybe at FIDM?) but it seems like a lot of being a stylist is instinct about what is on trend, which is not something you can really teach someone. I think her design training will help since it (hopefully) means that she has learned about color theory and proportions, but  beyond that I think a lot of stylists rely on a combination of knowing what looks good, knowing what the new trends are, and knowing what their client likes.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know next to nothing about styling, but if that's what Zoey wants to do then she should probably find another internship (what ever happened to the internships that she and Luka had at Teen Vogue?), preferably with a stylist, which shouldn't be that difficult to do since she's in LA an you can't throw an autographed shoe without hitting five stylists.

I have no idea if there are classes available (maybe at FIDM?) but it seems like a lot of being a stylist is instinct about what is on trend, which is not something you can really teach someone. I think her design training will help since it (hopefully) means that she has learned about color theory and proportions, but  beyond that I think a lot of stylists rely on a combination of knowing what looks good, knowing what the new trends are, and knowing what their client likes.

Agree with all of this, and I looked it up and yes, internships are a good step, and generally an associate's degree in fashion merchandising or design, and/or there's some kind of certification, too, I think. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I would imagine and degree in fashion, management skills, accounting, PR skills......  I found this link.

I don't like Luka.

I want to like Luca, because I feel like I'm supposed to think he's the coolest thing since sliced bread, but he just strikes me as a selfish, pretentious kid. Maybe I just haven't seen enough yet. I'll keep an open mind for now...

• Love 2
On 1/31/2019 at 7:22 AM, luna1122 said:

I'm glad the show is having Zoe realize that she should be a stylist. I've been yelling this to her character since the first episode. The way many stylists get into the business is by through journalism or marketing. They start off wanting to be fashion writers, someone notices their style, reassigns them to help put together their editorial shoots, and then after a decent amount of time they go into business for themselves. Or they are a junior marketing person for a fashion house who starts working with magazines and celebs. Sometimes you get costume designers or assistants who are so integral to the look of a show that they transition into styling for example shows like Gossip Girl or Sex and the City had Eric Daman and Patricia Field (though Field became a costume designer after being a fashionable scenester and shop owner for decades) who did a fair amount of red carpet styling for the stars of their shows. Finally, there are people who get into styling after being photographer, hair, or makeup assistants. Some just get into it by being well dressed scenesters. Zoe could also go this route because she's well dressed and seems to a pretty robust social media profile. Getting fashion internships is probably the best way to go. Luka's actual life and parents have done all of those things.

The NCAA has rules on how much student athletes can earn. I don't know how on Earth that basketball player was shilling flat tummy teas and not running afoul of the rules.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I can't with Luca. And most of the stuff he did has been covered, but I'm still confused about why, other than him being an asshole, he tossed, not just his own dirty latte into the trash that Zoe brought him, but both drinks in the holder got tossed. Did I miss that both were for him? Because if not, I don't give a shit if no drinks are allowed in there, since when can't someone take 10 strides out into a hallway to enjoy a drink? So I was over him in this episode from jump and it just went downhill from there.

• Love 2

So not a fan of this new forum format for this exact reason, nowhere to post other things like related news.

Chloe and Halle just performed America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl. They did great. I'm sure it'll be up on YouTube soon if you want to see it but weren't watching.

Edited by JasmineFlower
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

So not a fan of this new forum format for this exact reason, nowhere to post other things like related news.

Chloe and Halle just performed America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl. They did great. I'm sure it'll be up on YouTube soon if you want to see it but weren't watching.

I prefer the old format too so that everything was more organized, but you can still post news, media, and other show related things in this thread!

• Love 1
On 2/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, HunterHunted said:

I'm glad the show is having Zoe realize that she should be a stylist. I've been yelling this to her character since the first episode. The way many stylists get into the business is by through journalism or marketing. They start off wanting to be fashion writers, someone notices their style, reassigns them to help put together their editorial shoots, and then after a decent amount of time they go into business for themselves. Or they are a junior marketing person for a fashion house who starts working with magazines and celebs. Sometimes you get costume designers or assistants who are so integral to the look of a show that they transition into styling for example shows like Gossip Girl or Sex and the City had Eric Daman and Patricia Field (though Field became a costume designer after being a fashionable scenester and shop owner for decades) who did a fair amount of red carpet styling for the stars of their shows. Finally, there are people who get into styling after being photographer, hair, or makeup assistants. Some just get into it by being well dressed scenesters. Zoe could also go this route because she's well dressed and seems to a pretty robust social media profile. Getting fashion internships is probably the best way to go. Luka's actual life and parents have done all of those things.

The NCAA has rules on how much student athletes can earn. I don't know how on Earth that basketball player was shilling flat tummy teas and not running afoul of the rules.

I was honestly waiting for the Twins to mention that rule and then being the petty bitches (said with love don’t ghost me like you did Zoey!) they can be ratting her out to the NCAA.

• Love 4
On 2/2/2019 at 10:10 PM, JasmineFlower said:

I can't with Luca. And most of the stuff he did has been covered, but I'm still confused about why, other than him being an asshole, he tossed, not just his own dirty latte into the trash that Zoe brought him, but both drinks in the holder got tossed. Did I miss that both were for him? Because if not, I don't give a shit if no drinks are allowed in there, since when can't someone take 10 strides out into a hallway to enjoy a drink? So I was over him in this episode from jump and it just went downhill from there.

Librarian here - He could have stopped her at the door and said to go back out.  Haven't we seen them eating in the lab before?

Edited by jumper sage
6 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Librarian here - He could have stopped her at the door and said to go back out.  Haven't we seen them eating in the lab before?

We he didn’t say no food. He said no liquids. Liquids are a lot more dangerous to clothing/fabric.

• Love 1