Type keyword(s) to search

Previous Episodes Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Nothing beyond S02.E15 in here please. See forum for individual episode topics from S02.E16 onwards.

• Start Topic

I thought she was going to choose Luca (and that she SHOULD have), so I was pleased. He saw her for *her* and he was the only one she didn’t try and change for. And I loved that the other two guys wanted to make big gestures (Hamilton tickets and not going to the NBA), while Luca just...painted. 

I laughed so hard at the FMK game. The casting and acting of Zoe’s friends are just superb. I couldn’t stand the actress that plays Anna when she was on SLOTAT, but she is so good in this role.

• Love 2

Ok I didn't care for this episode at all.  It was such a throwback to the 50s where girls were at college to get their Mrs. degrees.  Maybe because she comes from a wealthy family was this such and ordeal for her.  Many people who work hard to pay for school on their own dime would never put that much effort into deciding on love in their freshman year.  If she has such a great group of friends why is she then ruining everything for some guy.  Either you like a guy or you don't.  Just the wishy/washy aspect was such a turnoff.  This episode just depicted Zoe as an immature asshole.

• Love 2
On 3/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, Superclam said:

I was just glad they didn't pull a cliffhanger for the big decision. 

Or just choose herself.

Of all the guys that she picked, she picked the one that her father would like least. 

But unlike the game the girls were playing, Zoey's decision should not be everlasting. She is a freshman in college. She has years before she is going to settle down, so this is her time to have as many experiences as she chooses. However I don't mind her choice and I would have been fine with any of the guys but I thought she has the best chemistry with Cash.

Edited by nilyank

Luca negs her all the time. Why is that somehow a good choice? To me he's just a total asshole. I don't care if he has feelings for her, all he ever does is insult and criticize and tear her down.  So he painted her. Any psycho stalker could do that. Unless the show comes back and shows this is all because Zoey has crap self-esteem and made a terrible choice, bu finally discovers Luka is an abusive ass and frees herself, I just don't get it.

• Love 7
On 3/29/2018 at 6:57 PM, jumper sage said:

Ok I didn't care for this episode at all.  It was such a throwback to the 50s where girls were at college to get their Mrs. degrees.  Maybe because she comes from a wealthy family was this such and ordeal for her.  Many people who work hard to pay for school on their own dime would never put that much effort into deciding on love in their freshman year.  If she has such a great group of friends why is she then ruining everything for some guy.  Either you like a guy or you don't.  Just the wishy/washy aspect was such a turnoff.  This episode just depicted Zoe as an immature asshole.

I didn’t get any of this from the episode. Lots of young ladies date and may even have to choose between dudes in college, while focusing on studies and keeping financial aid. This has nothing to do with Zoey’s financial privilege. It has to do with finding herself interested in 3 different dudes that all happen to be interested in her too. I’ve never had the experience but I am sure it happens to plenty pretty girls, rich and poor and in between.

And what is she ruining? She is choosing a boyfriend that she can dump at any moment. She still has to go to class, make grades, etc. Missing Charlie’s class was irresponsible but it gave us Aaron as the gay friend and Luca as the homeless friend.

• Love 9

She could have life long friends but her antics are so childish.  Maybe it's just me but I paid for college for an education not to be on a dating game.  I took it seriously.  I did not have the luxury of going home as I had my own apartment too.  I was 18 years old.  I don't know one person who acted the way her character does and I find it ridiculous.  To each his own but for me they are now entering the look-at-the-stupid-girl area.

Agree that Luca negs Zoe and I can't stand his too cool for school attitude. But whatever, it's just tv. If she were my friend though, I would have suggested she either pull a Kelly Taylor or just date them all casually if they could handle that.

None of it rang false to me though. When I was in undergrad we juggled school, boyfriends, jobs, and family. I assure you we were all smart young women but *gasp* we also enjoyed sex and dating too.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Agree that Luca negs Zoe and I can't stand his too cool for school attitude. But whatever, it's just tv. If she were my friend though, I would have suggested she either pull a Kelly Taylor or just date them all casually if they could handle that.

None of it rang false to me though. When I was in undergrad we juggled school, boyfriends, jobs, and family. I assure you we were all smart young women but *gasp* we also enjoyed sex and dating too.

Same here. When I was an undergrad, I was involved in multiple activities and had several jobs (my freshman year I had three work study jobs to help pay my tuition and then later I got a 30 hr/week job off campus) in addition to dating and having a social life with my friends. It's not hard to do. You're only in class a few hours a day so you have plenty of time for everything else.

I would be fine with Zoey dating them casually, but Aaron and Luca both made it clear earlier in the season that they weren't okay with that. I'm also fine with Zoey being in a monogamous relationship with one guy, but I just didn't like that Zoey and all of her friends made it seem like it was this huge momentous decision. Then again, they're 18 so all relationship drama feels like it's practically life or death.

I was cracking up because last week when Mr. EB and I predicted that Zoey would pull a Kelly Taylor, Mr. EB then jokingly amended that to hoping she would choose cocaine. Hilarious that Aaron, Luca, and Cash's Narcos analogy turned Zoey into cocaine.

• Love 5
(edited)

Attendance in Dr. Charles Telphy’s class has plummeted. What happened to all the hookers and degenerates from the first day/night of class?

I thought Zoe should’ve pulled a Kelly Taylor too. I was rooting for Cash though. And I would’ve required all three of them to get haircuts. Cuz I’m old like that. I hope Luca gave her all her money back.

Edited by charmed1

I did laugh when Noni said something about how winning was the F in FMK.  And Zoey said you can have sex with your husband and Nomi replied "Who wants to do that?!" with such disgust.  Mr. Curly wasn't happy about that line though.

I liked a few things about this.  1. She didn't go back to Cash.  He really hurt her.  2.  Aaron doesn't seem to respect her black experience.  He's too much like Dre- insisting that things can only be one way.  That's the whole point of college, to see other perspectives and open up.  3. Luca seems to genuinely care about her.  He moped but wasn't pushing her at all.  I liked that he "let cocaine make her own decisions".  

I am so surprised that the girls actually felt that FMK really meant marry.  It would have been more believable if someone said that date instead. 

I'm super old- Kelly Taylor was my age- do people date others and still have sex? Or do you date and finally pick one and then have sex? 

• Love 1

I am was kinda of disappointed Luca didn't express his feelings for Zoey but instead was vague about it all and she still choose him. Honestly, the best scene of the episode was the classroom scenes. The conversation between the guys and the whole Norco's conversation was just too funny. 

• Love 2

It's back. It looks like they dumped Chris Parnell and gave the Dean of Students job to Charlie. It did result in a solid Charlie failing upwards joke, which has actually been something he's been doing since the beginning of Black-ish.

Nomi seems to be way more annoying than last year, but I'm liking Ana more.

• Love 4

I am waiting for Ana and Aaron to hook up since last season.

When does Charlie have time to be a Dean when he has a full time job back on black-ish. Last season, they were able to explain it because he taught the night class at the university.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, possibilities said:

Was the painting on Charlie's office wall of two men having sex? They kept blurring it so I never got a good look to be sure. Or maybe it's just my eyes being messed up.

It’s definitely two nekkid people!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, possibilities said:

Was the painting on Charlie's office wall of two men having sex? They kept blurring it so I never got a good look to be sure. Or maybe it's just my eyes being messed up.

2 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

It’s definitely two nekkid people!

It wasn't blurred on Hulu!  It was definitely a couple having sex.  Lol!

I don't know why, but I didn't really enjoy these 2 episodes.  I think I was so excited for the show to return, and then I found the episodes to be lackluster.  And holy product placement with the car at the beginning of episode 1!

@nilyank, I was also getting the sense that they are trying to go somewhere with Ana and Aaron.  Speaking of Aaron, why does he still have that rat tail???  Is that a new trend again?

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3

Nice to see the show back, especially after a pretty lackluster season of Black-ish! They weren't the show firing on all cylinders, but I remember last season the first few episodes weren't too great, and seemed to be mostly setting up the characters and themes of the season, so hopefully it will get better from here like it did last season. But I still liked these episodes, especially the second one. 

Nobody fails up like Charlie. I am starting to wonder if Charlie is actually some kind of Great Gazoo type of supernatural being who has no concept of time or reality, hence him apparently being a Dean of Students as well as keeping his job at the ad agency. 

I totally think they're heading for an Ana/Aaron hook up, I've suspected that since last season. Oh Aaron, 12 Years a Slave is a great movie, but not one that people want to watch on a lawn with their friends and wine coolers on a Saturday night. Thats such a college thing, like having a party to get people to clean your apartment. Those were probably the comedic highlights of the episode. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

Okay, I know this show is not supposed to represent reality AT ALL, but ...  a dorm suite is vandalized like that and left for the students moving in to deal with?    

NOPE! Especially because it was a private dorm. If anyone knows how to hunt people down and get cash from them, it's private industry.

Literally one or two lines would have fixed it. Zoey just needed to say that her parents paid for it over the summer because those places go really fast. To save some cash, she (Zoey) sublet it over the summer. The subletters trashed it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/realestate/commercial/public-college-private-dorm.html

• Love 6

I loved the first season of this show so much, but was slightly disappointed with the premiere. I think there was just too much focus on Zoey's love life. For me, the show is best when it's Zoey and her girlfriends all hanging out. Aaron can be thrown in every now and then, especially when he goes into full activist mode. I think Luka is best used sparingly. I'm pulling for an Aaron/Ana hookup, though, mainly because I think it'll be hilarious to watch them spar back and forth. 

• Love 5

I enjoyed the episodes but Zoey is just everything I can't stand about young people today. Just concerned about pointless shit. Yes, in a way, that's always the case but OH MY GOD PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO STRIVE TO BE LIKE US ON SOCIAL MEDIA! Shut up. Who cares.

• Love 7

Luca remains my least fave of Zoey's three guys. I liked him okay last season as the friend before with a mild flirtation who would call out Aaron now and then, but I'm definitely not into using him too much. But to the show's credit, he's about as college boyfriend as it gets to me. Like a mistake you make then, but one you need to really move the heck away from as a real adult who doesn't have time for this with that "whatever" and IDGAF vibe he's got going on too damn much.

I know social media was used a lot last season, but it felt overwhelming in that second episode. I think maybe it felt like so much because the entire show was Zoey, not really a ton of the others featured strongly given Aaron's storyline overlapped with hers. Also, in many ways, Luca's attitude didn't ring completely true for me. He's got more social media followers than any of his friends. His general vibe means he's not going to be as focused on it as Zoey is, but he uses it too much for me to think he's as indifferent to it all as it seemed as part of this relationship growing pains storyline.

I agree that the show seems to be feeling out Ana and Aaron, but I continue to think it'll be avoided. Maybe they'll go there, but I'm not sure end goal isn't Zoey and Aaron and not sure they'll have any of her friends possibly interfering. I was thinking Ana might hook up with Vivek, the uptight chick with the drug dealer seems like her nightmare and therefore has the possibility of being quite entertaining.  Plus, as we saw last season, Aaron has a type lol.

I'm really hoping the opening credits were a one time thing for the premiere and meant to pay homage and nothing more. I enjoy this show, I do. But this is no Different World.

• Love 1

I continue to hate Luca and how he treats Zoey.  He really doesn't give a crap about her or her feelings. 

Gucci Mane is a violent jerk with probably severe mental issues (he's been arrested several times for assault) -- she shouldn't be anyone's relationship goals.

Isn't it funny how the "thruple" was a black guy and two white women.  Barris fantasy or Shahidi not loving her sisters?

On 1/3/2019 at 12:49 PM, tennisgurl said:

Oh Aaron, 12 Years a Slave is a great movie, but not one that people want to watch on a lawn with their friends and wine coolers on a Saturday night.

My family always did Christmas Eve dinner and Chinese food and a movie on Christmas day. My mother, without fail, always chose the film that had the greatest amount of Black suffering. She would have chosen 12 Years a Slave. She did choose Amistad. She and Aaron would get on famously.

• Love 7
On 1/3/2019 at 2:41 PM, NannyBails said:

Okay, I know this show is not supposed to represent reality AT ALL, but ...  a dorm suite is vandalized like that and left for the students moving in to deal with?    

That was ridiculous.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:40 PM, HunterHunted said:

NOPE! Especially because it was a private dorm. If anyone knows how to hunt people down and get cash from them, it's private industry.

Literally one or two lines would have fixed it. Zoey just needed to say that her parents paid for it over the summer because those places go really fast. To save some cash, she (Zoey) sublet it over the summer. The subletters trashed it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/realestate/commercial/public-college-private-dorm.html

Great points.

Luca - it would seem that life imitates art concerning the actors exploits this past summer.  Makes me hate the character a bit more.

Zoey - I think I might be done with this show.  Dre drove me from Black-is and now his soulmate is driving me from this show.  It does seem to relate, whether fairly or not, to wealthy students who use college as a playground and not so much for education or goals.  Her insipidness is driving me crazy.

Love the twins and loved how their track coach dropped the no-carbs diet and they were eating chips.  Weren't they always snackers?

Bathroom - totally gross.  The only time someone should be in the bathroom when you are on the toilet is when you are potty training toddlers.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 7

I know this is a show about a 19 year old college girl and her friends so there will always be relationship drama with at least one of them but good lord. I do not need two back to back episodes of Zoey whining about Luca.

At least in the first episode, she had a legit issue. She was excited to finally see her boyfriend after three months apart and he just came back without calling her. I totally get that she would be disappointed about that. Even if he was totally jet lagged, he could have texted her to say that his flight landed but he was exhausted and needed to sleep. As she pointed out, he used to text/snapchat her every day while he was in Paris just to say good night, so I don't think it was unreasonable to think that he would contact her when he landed.

Side note: I find it hilarious that in this day and age, Zoey and Luca made no plans about his return. I would have gotten his flight info and picked him up at the airport so I could see him right away!

But the second episode drove me crazy because Zoey's concern was less about how Luca was treating her and more about how people weren't admiring their relationship. The goal of being in a relationship is not to be aspirational to everyone online. And maybe if you weren't posting about it constantly, people wouldn't be judging every minute detail of your relationship (like whether your legs are crossed in the latest picture).

ITA that there's no way that anyone would be moving into an apartment (whether it was on campus or off campus) that was so trashed. Whenever someone moves out of campus housing, there is someone (usually the RA or equivalent) who does an inspection and assesses any damage/cleaning fines and then whatever needs to be fixed is done by the campus facilities department. I can tell you that no amount of beer would have convinced any college student I know to come over and help clean up someone's apartment. And do you really want drunk people doing stuff like that? I'd think they'd just be more apt to make even more of a mess.

Ugh, Aaron. Yes, it's great to want to raise people's consciousness, but bumming them out on a Saturday night is not the way to do it. 12 Years a Slave is not the kind of movie you show with twinkle lights and picnic baskets the first weekend that everyone's back at school.

• Love 10
On 1/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

At least in the first episode, she had a legit issue. She was excited to finally see her boyfriend after three months apart and he just came back without calling her. I totally get that she would be disappointed about that. Even if he was totally jet lagged, he could have texted her to say that his flight landed but he was exhausted and needed to sleep. As she pointed out, he used to text/snapchat her every day while he was in Paris just to say good night, so I don't think it was unreasonable to think that he would contact her when he landed.

He is just not that into her.  As for the picking up at the airport - oh hell no, that is where I draw the line.  

On 1/5/2019 at 10:42 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

A good friend is a drug dealer, her roommate tells her she will be frequently indulging, and her exhausted boyfriend can't wait to smoke the good pot he missed while abroad. I wouldn't want to be around any of them.

That is how I remember 1980 though.  I was a very good student but I did like to smoke.  All hail Michigan passing the legal recreational law.

We have millennial college kids in the family and none of them are drinkers but all of them are smokers.

• Love 2

Yeah, drugs and alcohol on campuses were unavoidable when I was an undergrad in the early 1980s. One night, an acquaintance came and found me in the dorm and asked if I was sober. I was. She said we were the only ones in the entire place, as far as she could tell. I don't think it's unrealistic to show this. In a way, it's more unrealistic when shows portray college without it.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, jumper sage said:
On 1/5/2019 at 10:42 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

A good friend is a drug dealer, her roommate tells her she will be frequently indulging, and her exhausted boyfriend can't wait to smoke the good pot he missed while abroad. I wouldn't want to be around any of them.

That is how I remember 1980 though.  I was a very good student but I did like to smoke.  All hail Michigan passing the legal recreational law.

We have millennial college kids in the family and none of them are drinkers but all of them are smokers.

12 hours ago, possibilities said:

Yeah, drugs and alcohol on campuses were unavoidable when I was an undergrad in the early 1980s. One night, an acquaintance came and found me in the dorm and asked if I was sober. I was. She said we were the only ones in the entire place, as far as she could tell. I don't think it's unrealistic to show this. In a way, it's more unrealistic when shows portray college without it.

Except the dealer and roommate are involved with pills, not smoking.  I know it exists, I just wouldn't want to be around people constantly doing it.

• Love 1

In my day, it was both grass and acid. I didn't like being around it, either.

Zoey was abusing pills last season. They seemed to dispose of that problem fairly easily and then reverted to portraying it as not that big of a deal. I wonder if that's the way this season will go, also. In truth, I didn't see any one OD when I was in college, use was pretty much out in the open with everyone looking the other way and a few of us just avoiding it, but usually TV tries not to come across quite as laissez faire. If they make Ana and Aaron an item, it could be just because they're the only two people not getting wasted all the time, I suppose.

I really don't know what I want them to do. I don't want the drug culture to be normalized more than it already is, but people don't want to see moralistic messagey tv, either.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Except the dealer and roommate are involved with pills, not smoking.  I know it exists, I just wouldn't want to be around people constantly doing it.

I agree that their "partying" is beyond a slap on the hands by law.  I wouldn't want a major dealer, connected to a kingpin, to even know where I live.

The bathroom thing - gross, were they just way too high?

7 hours ago, possibilities said:

I really don't know what I want them to do.

I want them to show kids that you should take an education seriously.  Just being mad because that guy dropped the one class they all took to be together is stupid.  You all want to take logic or statistics as a group to study together?  I am in.

Just the glamorization of this show and being dismissive of education when many, many people will never get that opportunity is not right.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

Oh, that group text accidental tweet is so real! I've sent messages for one group chat to the next, and while it hasn't caused drama or anything, its always super embarrassing. And I can sadly relate to the "everyone needs approval before a picture is posted" rule as well. I mean, you gotta make sure no one blinked or was shot at a weird angle! Oh, and the good morning texts. I have a few friends who NEED to send a good morning text (and an accompanying pic) every dang morning. 

If Charlie has a job, he will take that job up to 11

Pretty solid episode, with some classic fabulous Zoe ensembles. The super red outfit I wasn't too into, but I loved that white shirt she had on in class. I hope she and Jazz make up soon though, I gang is at its best together.

• Love 3

This is the second episode in a row where I felt exasperated by Zoey making mountains out of molehills. I tried to remind myself how dramatic everything was when I was a teenager. The tiniest things seemed like the end of the world!

In theory, I understand feeling caught between being loyal to your friend and not wanting to stir up trouble when nothing is happening, but I find it odd/not realistic that Zoey was shown to be socially savvy on black-ish is suddenly so paralyzed by indecision that she can't come up with a better solution like taking a selfie and deliberately putting Jazz's boyfriend in the background - or hell, he's part of her social circle so she could have just walked over to where he was, started talking with him, and then TOLD him that they were going to take a selfie. Or she could have said, "Hey, let's snapchat a quick goodnight to Jazz!"

For the record, I don't think he was doing anything wrong. As even Zoey pointed out, HE LIVES THERE. He's allowed to hang out in the common area and have a few drinks. The fact that he saw Zoey and gave her the sup head nod showed me that he wasn't trying to hide what he was doing. She could have let Jazz know what was going on in a low key way (as opposed to a panicked "OMG YOUR BOYFRIEND IS DRINKING AT A PARTY WITHOUT YOU!" mindset she had).

The fact that her phone died actually gave her another way to let Jazz know what was going on. She could have told the boyfriend (whose name I'm still forgetting!), "Hey, my phone just died. I told the girls I would text them when I got here so can I borrow your phone for a second?" Then she could have sent a text that said, "Hey, girls! It's Zoey! My phone died but I wanted to let you know that I made it to the party at Hawkins so I borrowed [Jazz's boyfriend's] phone when I got here!" That would have been a perfect solution because it would let Jazz know her boyfriend was at the party but it would be understood that Zoey couldn't send her a text saying anything incriminating about him since duh, she was using his phone.

While we're on the subject, Zoey needs to spend the $20 to get herself a portable charger to keep in her purse. When your phone dies twice within 24 hours, you clearly need one.

Luca can suck it. I don't think he's really allowed to get snippy about Zoey not texting him back right away when he didn't even text her when he got back from France.

Back in ye olden days (like ten years ago), my friend and I often talked about how terrified we were that one day we would accidentally hit reply all instead of reply on an email (which I have done). The modern day equivalent is replying to the wrong group text (which I have also done).

I do picture approval with everyone too, partly because I remember what it was like back in days of yore aka before digital cameras/camera phones when you wouldn't know if someone's eyes were closed until you got the film developed. Now we have the technology to make sure that never happens, so why not use it and make sure that everyone looks good?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In theory, I understand feeling caught between being loyal to your friend and not wanting to stir up trouble when nothing is happening, but I find it odd/not realistic that Zoey was shown to be socially savvy on black-ish is suddenly so paralyzed by indecision that she can't come up with a better solution like taking a selfie and deliberately putting Jazz's boyfriend in the background - or hell, he's part of her social circle so she could have just walked over to where he was, started talking with him, and then TOLD him that they were going to take a selfie. Or she could have said, "Hey, let's snapchat a quick goodnight to Jazz!"

You made some good points.  I was coming here to say what a terrible season this is becoming.  These kids need jobs while they go to school.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Luca can suck it. I don't think he's really allowed to get snippy about Zoey not texting him back right away when he didn't even text her when he got back from France.

I dont see Luca and Zoey lasting all that long. I can see why they got together, and I get their connection, but they seem to be annoyed with each other all of the time, or they have such different personalities, that they have started to clash. And Luca has no reason to be mad at Zoey after his whole freak out last week about how Zoey was always texting and wanting people to Like them on social media just because her phone died. I am not looking forward to a whole season of Zoey being neurotic, and Luca being uninterested.

I dont hate this season so far, but I hope it finds a better vibe soon. 

• Love 3

I like this show, but the last episode was horrible, IMO. Zoey was overreacting to everything and it was just so over the top. The only thing I did like was that the twins were not impressed by the weak group apology and Jazz left the conversation. It was refreshing to not have a problem solved with an apology.

• Love 7

Zoey's apology was also kind of a non-apology, too, considering she followed it up with a text basically saying everyone was being immature and she hoped they could grow past this kind of nonsense and just trust each other. Very passive-aggressive. Kind of canceled out the sincerity of the "I'm sorry."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Zoey's apology was also kind of a non-apology, too, considering she followed it up with a text basically saying everyone was being immature and she hoped they could grow past this kind of nonsense and just trust each other. Very passive-aggressive. Kind of canceled out the sincerity of the "I'm sorry."

I think the only thing that she was actually sorry about was that they were all mad at her.

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I dont see Luca and Zoey lasting all that long. I can see why they got together, and I get their connection, but they seem to be annoyed with each other all of the time, or they have such different personalities, that they have started to clash. And Luca has no reason to be mad at Zoey after his whole freak out last week about how Zoey was always texting and wanting people to Like them on social media just because her phone died. I am not looking forward to a whole season of Zoey being neurotic, and Luca being uninterested.

I think part of the problem is that they seem to have different ideas about what it means to be in a relationship. For all of Luca's supposedly chill vibe, he was the one who was mad because she didn't text him back immediately. The more we see of their relationship, the more it seems like he expects her to cater to whatever he thinks is appropriate that day. He's allowed to not contact her at all when he comes back from France aka he's allowed to leave her hanging, but she is supposed to text him back right away (because let's be real - how long did it take for her to walk from Hawkins to his dorm room? All of ten minutes?). Zoey, on the other hand, seems more concerned with how other people perceive their relationship and needs public approval aka likes/positive comments on IG/social media than their actual relationship. I think Luca IS interested in her, but only when it's convenient for him.

If this season is going to be all relationship drama (boyfriend or otherwise), I am not going to keep watching. We're three episodes in and that's ALL we've seen.

• Love 5

Maybe I'm just not feeling it this year.  I hated episode 3.  All I could think for more than half of the show was for Zoe to bring her own %$@# charger. 

Luca is no longer just a laid back guy; he seems sedated.

Zoe is starting to feel like a parody.  I keep expecting her to squeal and say OMG! a lot.

Nope.  Not feeling it.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, gesundheit said:

I don't know if I'm too old or something, but I absolutely can't figure out what Zoey even had to apologize for. She was worried about her friend when she saw the boyfriend there (altho, wtf? he can't even go have a drink in the dorm where he lives if she's not there?), and she reached out to the other friends. What did she do wrong? And why were Nomi and Ana mad at her? And Jazz wasn't even actually mad at her boyfriend for being at the party, but mad to the point of cutting Zoey off even tho she was trash talking Zoey in a group text earlier in the week? Ugh. I might have been this bad when I was 19, but I dunno. I don't think I was EVER this much all up in all my friends' bizness.

Luca tracking Zoey down at the nurses's office (infirmary? whatever it was) and joking with her was the most playful I've ever seen him be. He's beautiful and cool but rarely shows much personality, so I liked that.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I don't know if I'm too old or something, but I absolutely can't figure out what Zoey even had to apologize for. She was worried about her friend when she saw the boyfriend there (altho, wtf? he can't even go have a drink in the dorm where he lives if she's not there?), and she reached out to the other friends. What did she do wrong? And why were Nomi and Ana mad at her? And Jazz wasn't even actually mad at her boyfriend for being at the party, but mad to the point of cutting Zoey off even tho she was trash talking Zoey in a group text earlier in the week? Ugh. I might have been this bad when I was 19, but I dunno. I don't think I was EVER this much all up in all my friends' bizness.

Luca tracking Zoey down at the nurses's office (infirmary? whatever it was) and joking with her was the most playful I've ever seen him be. He's beautiful and cool but rarely shows much personality, so I liked that.

I was like " ... Why is it that deep?"

I mean, I guess Sky was mad that Zoe and 'nem had a group chat without her, but when she said "You're supposed to be my girls and have my back" I thought "That's what Zoe was trying to do!" And I'm sure they all have side conversations going on - Sky even said she had been talking shit about how Zoe smiles too much. And she wasn't even mad that her boyfriend was at the party (as they all said, he lives there), so I just didn't see why this blew up so much. That's clearly some 19-year-old shit.

I was trying to think of the messiest fight my friends and I got into in college and I came up with it - but people were doing actual dirt. There was cheating involved. This was really nothing.

• Love 7

I'm glad I am not the only one who didn't get what the big deal was. Maybe we're just the wrong generation to understand it, but seriously-- are kids this petty? I never had anything remotely  like this even as a teenager. We had blow ups and falling outs, but it was over realer transgressions.

• Love 3