Type keyword(s) to search

Sunny Hostin: The Former Federal Prosecutor With the Facts!

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Culture Check: How do we discuss race and ethnicity while being respectful of under-recognized identities we might not understand or share? 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

A hard life lesson is passing her by here - stop putting your energy into finding out who is leaking truths about you and just put that energy into being a better person.

This is true. She is mad that someone is telling the truth.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

This is true. She is mad that someone is telling the truth.

And she tries not to give it life when on the show by trying to convince people that she's only disliked for her political opinions, Even without knowing any of the behind the scenes stuff, her on-air attitude is more than enough to receive judgment and criticism.

• Love 15
On 7/6/2019 at 12:15 PM, RealHousewife said:

Lol oh yeah Joy said she doesn't spend much when she goes out right? I'm all for generosity, but I can't blame her!

She also said she doesn't mind splitting the check if it's anywhere near FAIR...and it usually is.  She doesn't drink much and Sunny and Ana apparently DO!  

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She also said she doesn't mind splitting the check if it's anywhere near FAIR...and it usually is.  She doesn't drink much and Sunny and Ana apparently DO!  

Hahaha I guess I’m the Joy in my group. The only thing I drink when I go out is water! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Marigny said:

I wish she could just replace MM. 

I disagree with Tara on many things, but I trust her analysis much, much more than I trust Meghan’s analysis on anything.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19
(edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 12:11 AM, Alexis2291 said:

I disagree with Tara on many things, but I trust her analysis much, much more than I trust Meghan’s analysis on anything.

she explains the conservative point of view clearly, professional, and effectively. Meghan could say something perfectly correct (rarely happens)  and her delivery would ruin it.

Edited by bella1716
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

This might be my favorite part of the latest DM article

According to a source at the show, Hostin, a former Federal prosecutor and Emmy-winning journalist put ABC News on notice that she will consider the necessary legal actions if McCain's tactics don't stop.

'Everyone knows Sunny is a former prosecutor. She doesn't play with her reputation. And she doesn't take lightly to people trying to slander or defame her. 

'She doesn't need to fight with Meghan in the press, she's made it clear her fight will be with a lawsuit,' stressed our source.

• Love 13

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny....B.S.  Your first comments are pure and total B.S.

I'm not a jewelry person but I L-O-V-E sunny's starburst necklace that she wears every day on the show.  Gold starburst-ish with a pearl? (freshwater?) in the center.  Anyone know anything about it?

• Love 3

I like Sunny's jewellery, but don't love it.  I like that she is taking a risk with her jewellery and not letting the stylists take over.

But her designer is definitely benefitting, which is a plus.  There are so many amazing jewellery designers who will never get this chance/exposure.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’m sure Sunny would be pissed if people were commenting on a pic of her husband and another woman being a “hot couple,” joking or not. It doesn’t bother me that she flirts with him, it’s just the hypocrisy that’s slightly annoying. 

4FAAC8A5-3130-4DD8-AF1C-EB65AC4DF63B.jpegHere’s the a actual link:

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’m sure Sunny would be pissed if people were commenting on a pic of her husband and another woman being a “hot couple,” joking or not. It doesn’t bother me that she flirts with him, it’s just the hypocrisy that’s slightly annoying. 

I agree.  In Her Personal World, what's good for the woman is verboten for the man.  As for that "hot couple," why don't we put a picture of Sunny and Idris next to the photo of Idris and Wife No. 3 and we'll see which couple is "hot."

• Love 4
On 7/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, Alexis2291 said:

4FAAC8A5-3130-4DD8-AF1C-EB65AC4DF63B.jpegHere’s the a actual link:

I don't think it's that serious. It's just a celebrity crush and I think her comments about jealousy and her husband should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

• Love 11

I agree that Sunny's flirtation is nothing, but she really does get jealous about Manny.  Remember the cake?  But this pen thing is odd.  Hotels don't care if you take their pens.  It's advertising.  That's not what the news item was about anyway.

• Love 5

I don't have a problem with Sunny being crazy over Idris Elba.  I would be too. And as far as I know he is the only celeb she acts this way about.  Unlike Sherri would lusted after every man that came on the View.

Doesn't everyone take the hotel pens and toiletries?  A hotel is not going to leave half empty bottles of shampoo in their rooms.  They will be thrown away and replaced with new bottles.

• Love 13

Speaking as a former hotel housekeeper, of course the hotel is expecting you to take the amenities provided to you.  You have paid for them actually because it is built into the cost of your room.  And the reason why hotel housekeepers have boxes upon boxes of soaps, shampoos, lotions, pens and pads of paper in their supply rooms and on their carts is because we are anticipating that these things will be taken or used when we clean the room and we replace them.

Is this really a thing that people are unclear about?  I didn't see this part of the show but why is anyone still unclear about this?  Was Whoopi riding Sunny's ass because she took a hotel pen?  Give me a fucking break.   I swear they come up with new ways to waste air time on this show every week.  And Whoopi gives us more reasons to find her completely unlikable.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Speaking as a former hotel housekeeper, of course the hotel is expecting you to take the amenities provided to you.  You have paid for them actually because it is built into the cost of your room.  And the reason why hotel housekeepers have boxes upon boxes of soaps, shampoos, lotions, pens and pads of paper in their supply rooms and on their carts is because we are anticipating that these things will be taken or used when we clean the room and we replace them.

Is this really a thing that people are unclear about?  I didn't see this part of the show but why is anyone still unclear about this?  Was Whoopi riding Sunny's ass because she took a hotel pen?  Give me a fucking break.   I swear they come up with new ways to waste air time on this show every week.  And Whoopi gives us more reasons to find her completely unlikable.

Actually, it was about what you can, and cannot, take.  Amenities yes, robes, irons and hangers, no.  It was a dumb topic.  Sunny did her cutsie thing about the pens.  The others changed the topic to the need to tip housekeeping staff.  And Whoopi threw her head back in boredom/annoyance/disinterest?  We don't know.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, bannana said:

Actually, it was about what you can, and cannot, take.  Amenities yes, robes, irons and hangers, no.  It was a dumb topic.  Sunny did her cutsie thing about the pens.  The others changed the topic to the need to tip housekeeping staff.  And Whoopi threw her head back in boredom/annoyance/disinterest?  We don't know.

Thanks.  Sounds like real groundbreaking stuff.  Maybe tomorrow they can tackle why men always leave the toilet seat up and whether or not the toilet paper roll should face this way or that.   

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

whether or not the toilet paper roll should face this way or that.   

that depends on whether you have toddlers or kittens in your house or not, especially if you have air vents under the roll

Sunny playing the coy 5-yr-old is sickening.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Maybe tomorrow they can tackle why men always leave the toilet seat up

HaHA!  In 1948 my father dumped our family (mother+3 girls) when we were 4, 6, and 8.  After we got a TV he came by on Fridays (Fight Night--boxing) to have a free dinner, yell at us, and order us around.  He'd leave long after we were in bed asleep. Each one of us girls at some point got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and ended up with our little butts in COLD WATER!  

You can be sure that when I became the mother of boys, they had no clue that one could leave the seat OR the lid up after using the toilet.  If your man leaves that seat up, blame whoever potty-trained him.  It's more than just one step.  Even my middle-aged son who lives alone in his own home never leaves it up.

(There are videos that demonstrate "germ/bacteria spray" when flushing the toilet with the lid up.)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, HaaCHOO said:

If your man leaves that seat up, blame whoever potty-trained him. 

Ha! No worries for me, I got a good one!  He has never done it once in 20 years and has even went back into the bathroom in the middle of night to double check the few times he wasn't awake enough to be sure! 

And also, sorry to hear that your Dad sucked!  So did mine actually, but look how fabulous we turned out!  😎

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Me too!  In fact, even though I worked in these from 12 (yes you really could get a work permit at that age!) to 18 and I am 50, I STILL will strip the room before I leave it.  And tip!  I also don't make them clean the room during a multi day stay.  It is hard and gross work a lot of the time.

I was pleasantly surprised to read Meghan was aware enough to tip the housekeeping staff.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I also don't make them clean the room during a multi day stay. 

Our family does the same...and I appreciate the hotels that leave a note about saving our planet* and not washing the sheets and towels every day.  We leave a tip for housekeeping once at the end of the stay--if we haven't used them ; Sunny's right, unless the place is tiny, you don't usually get the same staff every day. 

*and our housekeepers 

Are housekeepers allowed to take home the "not quite empty" containers of shampoo, lotions, etc. ?  

• Love 2

I thought the whole point of that topic was to bring up that certain hotel chains have recently announced they are phasing out the little bottles of shampoo, etc in favor of the refillable dispensers on the shower wall. Probably much cheaper for the hotels and much less plastic in landfills. 

• Useful 3
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

I agree that Sunny's flirtation is nothing, but she really does get jealous about Manny.  Remember the cake? 

Yeah, this was my point. Obviously I’m not taking her crush on Idris seriously, but my larger point was her jealousy. She’s talked about how “crazy” she can get with her husband due to jealousy and paranoia. 

• Love 2

I appreciated Sunny mentioning to tip each day because you probably get a different housekeeper each day.

And I was PISSED to have Whoopi be so rude and act like she was dying of boredom as Sunny said it.

I learned something! I knew to tip and I always leave a tidy room, but I didn't realize about tipping daily.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I learned something! I knew to tip and I always leave a tidy room, but I didn't realize about tipping daily.

You are so far ahead of most people.  Most hotel guests don't realize how much physical labour is involved for housekeeping staff.  Not to mention the gross and icky things they encounter.  People who leave a tidy room are definitely not the norm.  And very few people tip at all, and rarely daily.

We tip daily and always leave the tips with a note from us and our names.  The reason being, hotel staff are not allowed to pick up that money unless it is clear it is a tip.  They also appreciate a personal note, and usually leave a personal note back for us!

We have left belongings behind for hotel staff when we have travelled out of country and then we learned they cannot take those, including beverages in the fridge, etc., unless you specifically leave a note saying it is for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

We tip daily and always leave the tips

We used to tip daily but stopped when we decided we didn't need anything done in our room(s) until the last day (in most cases).  We used the Do Not Disturb placard. At the end we'd leave a tip for the entire stay...but not equal to what we'd leave daily.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

I thought the whole point of that topic was to bring up that certain hotel chains have recently announced they are phasing out the little bottles of shampoo, etc in favor of the refillable dispensers on the shower wall. Probably much cheaper for the hotels and much less plastic in landfills. 

Well that makes me a little nervous because who knows how clean anyone else's hands were in touching these dispensers - sort of like the warnings about TV remotes.  We tip and leave a neat room.  Will take heed and leave a note from now on.  I wonder which of the View ladies are good tippers?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder which of the View ladies are good tippers?

If they weren't before they became "celebrities," they probably are now.  There's too much social media to haunt their every move.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I was wondering what hotel her beloved pens were from! 😀

Maybe we should all "DM" them for some free pens (or toilet paper).

I couldn't find a price, but I found a photo and this note:

Our signature Langham Pens are available in pink or black and can be shipped to you directly. If you would like to purchase, please contact us via email tlnyc.fol@langhamhotels.com or by phone +1 212 613 8002.

SunnysPINKpen.jpg.e4514859762c452a7403ccc217774947.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
Found the pen!
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I appreciated Sunny mentioning to tip each day because you probably get a different housekeeper each day.

And I was PISSED to have Whoopi be so rude and act like she was dying of boredom as Sunny said it.

It didn’t occur to me until after reading “Heads On Beds” . When checking in alone with limited luggage I used to carry to the room myself now I have a bell person do it.  Those little shampoos would go unused once I brought them home but now I have a very deserving non profit I give them to.  ( Except a French gel and lotion from Westin in Pasadena I’ve used it ever since.)  

• Love 3