Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E13: Stars Heating Up Hell

Drogo
  • Start Topic

The remaining all-stars must instruct athletes to cook their signature dishes—using only verbal instructions. Later, the contestants cook in one kitchen during a dinner service for Wyclef Jean and Matthew Moy.

Who knew Robyn was so charming, until tonight's turn with Reggie Williams?  She's usually so abrasive and coarse in her language, with the F-bombs going everywhere, that I thought she was delusional when she talked about how much people liked her.  Seriously.  

Also, I've always liked Milly and Nick.  They are two funny gentlemen, and they didn't disappoint tonight.  Not sure why Benjamin is even here - it doesn't seem like he shines - and it was interesting that Chef Ramsay already asked Michelle to take a leadership role, what with deciding who to nominate.  I can't recall if that's a show trope with a particular "tell" attached to it from the past, because I can't recall who he picked upon in prior years, but it sure was interesting.

• Love 1

Gordon should have shown both Robyn and Milly the door for the immature way they behaved.  Neither of them is ready to be head chef.

Nick needs to be made aware of how inappropriate his sexual remarks are (he made some comment about liking an athlete's body).

Michelle sussed out Benjamin's weakness when he wouldn't even acknowledge having a weakness!  Week after week we see him zone out during the dinner service.  In Chef Ramsey's kitchen, you had better be communicating!

I'm never right about the HK winner, but I'm going to bet a bowl of risotto that the finalists will be Michelle and Nick.

• Love 11

Benjamin was totally delusional with the “I have no weaknesses.” The “oui, chef” was just add-on stupid. 

Milly did not impress in service or during cleaning.

Not surprised Robyn left. She was just around to bring more drama. 

I’m guessing Michelle/Nick final. I knew Michelle would take Nick on her reward. Also sure that Michelle wouldn’t put Nick up. Ramsey would have savaged her for that. Plus I think Michelle respects Nick too much. 

• Love 3

I wasn't surprised it was Robyn but honestly Milly deserved it as much. Don't delight in how lazy you're being and then get pissed that you get called on it, Milly. But Robyn isn't suited for running a restaurant so I am fine with her boot. I assume next week will be Milly and Benjiman because the story is turning into Michelle vs Nick. 

Nick seems to have a streak of arrogant douche so I lean towards Michelle. In part because it will piss Elise off to see Michelle win. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SterlingSilver36 said:

Gordon should have shown both Robyn and Milly the door for the immature way they behaved.  Neither of them is ready to be head chef.

Nick needs to be made aware of how inappropriate his sexual remarks are (he made some comment about liking an athlete's body).

Michelle sussed out Benjamin's weakness when he wouldn't even acknowledge having a weakness!  Week after week we see him zone out during the dinner service.  In Chef Ramsey's kitchen, you had better be communicating!

I'm never right about the HK winner, but I'm going to bet a bowl of risotto that the finalists will be Michelle and Nick.

I am so sick of seeing Millie incessantly yapping at the camera. As far as I'm concerned he's a big jerk. Next week is likely his last. I agree that the finalists might be Nick and Michelle, but the previews for next week show Nick as having some difficulties.

• Love 4

Obviously Robin was no great loss and it was a coin toss as to which week she would be the one sent packing, but in spite of that I think Milly should have been the one to leave this week.  He showed a very ugly side of himself and I actually found myself seeing Robin's point about his behavior given what we saw of him eating all the food and then not pitching in during the clean up.  He'd better be the one going home next week.  Michelle and Nick will probably be in the final and I predict a Michelle win. 

• Love 5

I loved that they showed everyone doing the equivalent of an eyeroll when Benjamin started up with his "oui chef". Because how could you not?

I like Milly but he should have gone, along with Robyn.

Won't miss Robyn.

• Love 4

I kind of enjoyed seeing Gordon on his best behavior when the non-chefs were in the kitchen. Did you see the stars hugging their chefs as they got kicked off the "throne"? It must have been a lot of fun. I also appreciated how they got a whole 45 minutes to turn out their dishes.

Robyn was never going to win, but Milly's behavior at the end was ugly.

• Love 6

Did Milly pull the race card again? So disturbing. He said something like, "we all know why you want me to go home and it's not because of that". When they all called him out in his inability to handle his own sloppy station. 

Edited by malaluna
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, malaluna said:

Did Milly pull the race card again? So disturbing. He said something like, "we all know why you want me to go home and it's not because of that". When they all called him out in his inability to handle his own sloppy station. 

I would interpret the unspoken answer as "Because I'm the biggest threat to win" rather than "Because I'm black."

'Time and again, contestants have jumped to the conclusion that a bid to get rid of them was gamesmanship rather than that person had a really bad performance, or that person is unpleasant to be around, or that person's not as good as she thinks she is, etc.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I would interpret the unspoken answer as "Because I'm the biggest threat to win" rather than "Because I'm black."

'Time and again, contestants have jumped to the conclusion that a bid to get rid of them was gamesmanship rather than that person had a really bad performance, or that person is unpleasant to be around, or that person's not as good as she thinks she is, etc.

Agreed, I usually think this is "a blend", lol.  As in, "Contestants who know they performed poorly, lie and say their nomination is gamesmanship because they are delusional enough to think that because they say it, it will stick to Chef's mind as 'the truth', like flypaper".

I started out really liking Milly,  but as the season has gone on, he's turned into such a disappointment. Seems like he has culinary talent but not what it takes to lead a restaurant.

I didn't expect Nick and Michelle to be so friendly with Robyn at the end. They never really showed it.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, riprock said:

I kind of enjoyed seeing Gordon on his best behavior when the non-chefs were in the kitchen. Did you see the stars hugging their chefs as they got kicked off the "throne"? It must have been a lot of fun. I also appreciated how they got a whole 45 minutes to turn out their dishes.

Robyn was never going to win, but Milly's behavior at the end was ugly.

The only athlete I recognized was Jordan Wieber.  I loved that Robyn's athlete knew the difference between "good" and "well".

Why are there never MLB players on these shows??

• Love 1

If the criteria to leave was the most obnoxious and annoying chef...well, Robyn wins that too.  Reggie Miller was the worst pick for her because it brought out all of her worst qualities.

Nick is not half as funny or charming in his interviews as he thinks he is.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why are there never MLB players on these shows?

Maybe HK is filmed during the summer, when they are "working". During summer, all other sports are "off", so have time to do guest appearances.

20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

They have better things to do?:)

7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

He comes off a bit arrogant considering he doesn't have any accomplishments to back it up.

I don't put too much stock into what any of the contestants on these kinds of shows say during their interviews because they're pushed to say certain things.

Oh I get that there's a certain amount of "please be an asshole for us on camera" in play, but Nick is one of the contestants I deem bright enough and emotionally stable enough to figure out the reality show gameplan, especially on take two. Robyn, Millie, Elise? Never figured that out but Nick is usually a little wiser in falling for it.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Rap541 said:

I lean towards Michelle. In part because it will piss Elise off to see Michelle win. 

If Michelle wins, I want a 15 minute long interview with Elise.  She was awful to her.  Love to watch her eat some crow.

If Michelle wins, I want a 15 minute long interview with Elise.  She was awful to her.  Love to watch her eat some crow.

Eh... you really want to see 15 minutes of "She's a fucking bitch and I am 100% better than her!!!" ?

Because Elise is not going to concede she didn't win due to skill issues.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Eh... you really want to see 15 minutes of "She's a fucking bitch and I am 100% better than her!!!" ?

Because Elise is not going to concede she didn't win due to skill issues.

No, not really.  I do want to see the look on her face, though.  Even just that Michelle makes the final 2 (assuming she does).  

• Love 1

I'm in the camp that thinks Nick and Michelle will be final two and Michelle will probably win.  Even though I can't stand her smug little self, I do think she's the only one of that lot who is capable of learning to be a leader.  I like Nick a lot better but he doesn't seem to have the right personality for the job.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:11 PM, SterlingSilver36 said:

To be fair, Robyn did the same thing earlier in the season.  We've seen straight men/women drool over celebrity guests or whomever, so I guess this is equal time?  In either case, it should be discouraged.  

• Love 1
On 1/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, Zoe said:

I didn't expect Nick and Michelle to be so friendly with Robyn at the end. They never really showed it.

I'm not sure about Michelle, but Nick was the friendliest to Robyn when she was moved from the red team to the blue team.  He's actually been very supportive of her throughout.

Milly has turned into an ass. And I’m pretty sure he was drunk or close to it, during the dinner service. He couldn’t do anything without help, and he seemed off.

Robyn burning Brussels sprouts is something one of those non-cooking athletes would do. That was pitiful. Jennifer should have been given her spot in the black jacket brigade.

Benjamin can lose it with the “oui chef” shit, who’s he auditioning for? Ramsay’s head chef, or chief ass-kisser?

On 1/20/2018 at 9:24 PM, RedheadZombie said:

The only athlete I recognized was Jordan Wieber.  I loved that Robyn's athlete knew the difference between "good" and "well".

Probably because this was filmed in the summer while it is MLB season.

Benjamin annoys me so much. we chef, we chef... shut up benji! what a brown noser. you are not french benji.

Robyn glad she is gone. she sure is crude. millie finally revealed his true colors... lazy lazy lazy man.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:04 AM, mlp said:

I'm in the camp that thinks Nick and Michelle will be final two and Michelle will probably win.  Even though I can't stand her smug little self, I do think she's the only one of that lot who is capable of learning to be a leader.  I like Nick a lot better but he doesn't seem to have the right personality for the job.

i too think its going to be michelle/nick finale. I'm okay with either one winning.  They are both talented.

After watching the Milly/Robyn bitchfest at the end, I came to a realization.

This show has become The Jerry Springer Show of the culinary world.

If Ramsay had even an ounce of credibility, his words to Robyn that she did not appear ready to handle being the Head Chef would have also applied to Milly. 

• Love 3