Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Diggin' Up Dirt

When Riggs visits his father-in-law in prison, a walk down memory lane reveals an old secret about his deceased wife. Meanwhile Murtaugh tries to impress Capt. Avery, and, united by the death of a mutual friend, Trish and Leo Getz try and solve a murder.

Is it even possible to jump from Detective to Captain? Thought there were interim steps like Sargent or Lieutenant to train you up as a supervisor. They did the same thing with Beckett on Castle, too. Murtaugh letting Riggs come along on a stakeout...drunk...carrying a firearm...didn't sound like sound Captain judgment.

Felt bad for Riggs when he finally decided to re-bond with his father-in-law but he was gone. (Assuming he actually is dead.) 

The "P.I." implied it was Riggs' past that got Miranda killed rather than her father's cartel, right? That may or may not be true, but it's going to weigh on him. Sounds like that's this season's Big Bad arc with a new explanation for Miranda's death plus the murdered dog.

They're going to retcon Miranda's death every season, aren't they?

Loved everything Trish and Leo. Thomas Lennon adds a nice energy to the show. Trish back in the fold or almost, yay! Happy with the Trish/Martin hug, more Riggs/Murtaugh, and having Bailey and Scorsese back.

I must admit I'm losing interest in this show. Of course we're going to have everything about Miranda retconned, because that is how television works. Ugh. I was excited to see CS Lee for a minute, I don't think I've seen him since Dexter. 

I wonder if we'll ever have an episode where Murtaugh's car gets through unscathed. It should be commented on as a running gag soon.

I'm just here to comment on the scene where the bad guys are holding the rope they hang the good guy.  Why didn't the one holding the rope didn't use the rope to climb up and avoid the car?  That's it, now let me crawl in back in my cave.  Cheers.

On 1/12/2018 at 0:41 PM, TheRabbi said:

I must admit I'm losing interest in this show. Of course we're going to have everything about Miranda retconned, because that is how television works. Ugh. I was excited to see CS Lee for a minute, I don't think I've seen him since Dexter. 

I wonder if we'll ever have an episode where Murtaugh's car gets through unscathed. It should be commented on as a running gag soon.

I assume it's actually a movie Easter egg/in joke.  Murtaugh is constantly getting his car jacked up.

The shooting the fish tank was a lethal weapon 2 shout-out for sure.

On 2018-01-10 at 11:56 AM, Happy Harpy said:

They're going to retcon Miranda's death every season, aren't they?

Loved everything Trish and Leo. Thomas Lennon adds a nice energy to the show. Trish back in the fold or almost, yay! Happy with the Trish/Martin hug, more Riggs/Murtaugh, and having Bailey and Scorsese back.

I totally agree. I will add that if they keep reconing Miranda and Rigg's father it will be an anchor that will wreck the show. Show's need to wrap up these stories to build on new arcs. If they don't Riggs will be the same great guy with sad past that has to go to the company Psychiatrist season after season. His character will never grow and he will get boring and so will the show.

Yes, that was a shout out to Lethal Weapon 2, where Riggs shoots the fish tank of the South African Diplomat.

One complaint; don't show a character (Leo) talking and eating at the same time, it is really gross.

For some reason I thought they recast who played Miranda, but I guess they didn't. She looked really different this episode.

That was some good acting from Keesha Sharp this episode. Leo's infatuation with Trish is kind of creepy.

I'm just here to comment on the scene where the bad guys are holding the rope they hang the good guy.  Why didn't the one holding the rope didn't use the rope to climb up and avoid the car? 

Maybe because the rope wasn't particularly anchored, as evidenced by the fact that as soon as Rog ran over the bad guy, Riggs (and the rope) dropped.