Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: FRYWALL, Birddogs, Inirv, Elliptical Stroller / S09.E15: recharj, stasher, iFork

• Start Topic

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who wanted to punch the Harvard douchebros in their douchey faces. 

I thought the oven thing was a great idea, especially since it could be retrofitted and you wouldn't have to go out and buy a whole new Smart appliance, but they really shot themselves in the foot with that ridiculous valuation.

I'm pretty sure my mother has one of those silicone bags - I think she used it a couple times and then forgot she had it. The woman was obnoxious, and it was enough to make me not want to buy her product (see also: that plate/mat for kids that suctioned to a surface). Good luck, Mark.

On 1/9/2018 at 5:20 PM, dogdays2 said:

You're correct.  In China, it's part of daily life for workers.  After lunch, it's "nap time" (that's the English translation for the word(s) in Chinese).  The lights are dimmed and everyone either goes to sleep at his/her desk or pulls out a sleeping bag and sleeps under the desk.  And I do mean everyone.  And they are asleep.  It lasts about 30 minutes and ends with soft music played on the speakers slowly getting louder.  The lights come on and folks get up and go right back to work.  Very strange for a Westerner seeing it for the first time. 

Siestas in Latin America.

I agree with the sentiment that some of these entrepreneurs aren't giving enough care and consideration to the expertise of each shark and who would be the best fit. Mark is the richest guy there and the most well-known, but that doesn't automatically translate to being the best shark for you. 

The shorts dudes were quite arrogant but and I guess that's where Mark draws the line. Based on his deal with the seal bag woman, rude and obnoxious isn't as big of an issue for him. Sometimes Shark Tank can be a blessing and sometimes it can be a curse. I can't speak for the rest of the world who watches this who but with her attitude alone, I wouldn't want to buy her product and put money in her pocket. I kind of wished that Kevin was there because I suspect that he would have called her out on her behaviour more so than Laurie did. 

The stroller guy was kind of off his rocker. Asking for that much money for a product in prototype and that had yet to do safety testing to ensure that it was safe for the baby...add to the fact that it weighed a tonne. If all of that wasn't enough to suggest he was a bad businessman, he questioned why anyone would ever need to transport the stroller...did he really think that people would invest a lot of money into a stroller that they couldn't take with them everywhere? A function that virtually every other stroller on the market can provide. 

I thought that stain repellant product was neat. I would buy something like that because if I'm wearing white, done deal I'm going to spill something on it, lol. 

• Love 3