Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: RUNWAYS, REHAB, AND RETAIL

druzy
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Tatum said:

MTV paid them for filming the wedding, on top of whatever regular salary he receives. I suspect Ryan wanted the additional funds for drug money. Mack probably agreed to look the other way because she wanted a wedding and a continued storyline.

That makes more sense than anything else about it.

57 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm convinced that Ryan was so high through their entire relationship he didn't know what he was doing. He probably just thought she was a friendly hat. Now he's like, "Da fuq did I DO???"

I agree he was probably all fucked up during their whole relationship but why the hell is he retaking engagement photos and having another wedding now? You’d think he’d say no, especially since he made it a point to say he WASN’T excited to take said “engagement” photos. He’s trying to make her happy, at least marginally, by even agreeing to all this shit. I wonder what he’s getting out of it. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, lezlers said:

I loved when Maci was all "if anyone is wondering why Chattanooga is the prettiest city in the country, just come up here" while the camera pans to see....a very unimpressive cityscape.  Yeah, okay Mac

They picked an uninteresting view for sure.  I have been to Chattanooga and it's nice, but nothing jumped out at me.  I'm sure Maci loves it because it's her home.  

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

They picked an uninteresting view for sure.  I have been to Chattanooga and it's nice, but nothing jumped out at me.  I'm sure Maci loves it because it's her home.  

I live in a beautiful region of northern California that's very popular for tourism so when someone claims they live in one of the prettiest cities in America, I expect them to deliver!  I was not impressed.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I live in a beautiful region of northern California that's very popular for tourism so when someone claims they live in one of the prettiest cities in America, I expect them to deliver!  I was not impressed.

Yep!

After being all over my state of California, and living on the coast, I could show images of many impressive places here. I have been to numerous states and have seen such beautiful sights. There are some beautiful spots in Tennessee. That area Maci pointed out does not even compare to other pretty sites.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

OMG, you are ALL missing the point...it wasn't about the scenery you guys, it was about the fact that what Maci showed us was...a Thing That Matters...

What struck me about that scene is how it highlighted how provincial Maci is, despite her high opinion of herself and her high income/opportunity level for someone her age. I don't doubt that Chattanooga is pretty, but bragging about a mediocre view of some low- to mid-rise office buildings is ridiculous. Farrah is certainly no brain trust or bastion of sophistication, but she has used her MTV money and opportunities to travel to numerous major US cities and Europe. Maci has spent her time/money going on spring break trips to FL. Even on her MTV trips to LA or NYC, she's probably spent most of her time in bars and chain restaurants.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

What struck me about that scene is how it highlighted how provincial Maci is, despite her high opinion of herself and her high income/opportunity level for someone her age. I don't doubt that Chattanooga is pretty, but bragging about a mediocre view of some low- to mid-rise office buildings is ridiculous. Farrah is certainly no brain trust or bastion of sophistication, but she has used her MTV money and opportunities to travel to numerous major US cities and Europe. Maci has spent her time/money going on spring break trips to FL. Even on her MTV trips to LA or NYC, she's probably spent most of her time in bars and chain restaurants.

Maci has spent time in Puerto Rico, a place that has such beauty. She must have been drunk out of her mind to have not even noticed the beautiful country she was in because her view was from a bar stool. 

• Love 14

I wonder what the chances are that the business isn't anywhere close to needing separate office space, but they wanted to create the illusion that these shirts are selling left and right.  Make people think that they better get ttm while it's hot.  $600 a month for a minimum of 6 months is $3600.  Not a bad investment if it works.  

Then again maybe their fans really are buying a ton of those shirts.  Who knows.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I wonder what the chances are that the business isn't anywhere close to needing separate office space, but they wanted to create the illusion that these shirts are selling left and right.  Make people think that they better get ttm while it's hot.  $600 a month for a minimum of 6 months is $3600.  Not a bad investment if it works.  

Then again maybe their fans really are buying a ton of those shirts.  Who knows.

You forgot to include the cost of the beer that will be required in that office. That alone will be in the thousands.

I don't doubt it is just a storyline. Someone who owns that building probably allowed them to film there in exchange for free advertisement or MTV paid them a one-time fee to film there, possibly.  Maci already has a room at her home to handle her business. I remember when Maci was sitting there in her big ass chair while she was pregnant and had a glass of beer on her desk as she was on the computer looking over inventory. How much bigger space do you need to slip a t-shirt in an envelope? It isn't as if she needs to fold them on the floor like Cate does with her stinking TR clothes. 

• Love 16

Does Tyler come up with his passion projects on his own or do people pitch ideas to him and he jumps all over something that sounds interesting?  I can't see Tyler sticking one dam cent into any "passion" project to get it started.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I agree he was probably all fucked up during their whole relationship but why the hell is he retaking engagement photos and having another wedding now? You’d think he’d say no, especially since he made it a point to say he WASN’T excited to take said “engagement” photos. He’s trying to make her happy, at least marginally, by even agreeing to all this shit. I wonder what he’s getting out of it. 

I think he feels guilty that he doesn't want to be with her. I know it's hard to believe that someone who kills cats for fun can also feel guilty for rejecting someone, but people are complex, even dumb shit Ryan.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

It isn't as if she needs to fold them on the floor like Cate does with her stinking TR clothes. 

I have to admit, I'm almost tempted to purchase something from Tierra Reign for 2 reasons...A. I have a friend with two kids under 3 who watches the show, knows about TR & would LOL at the joke gift, and B. I'm curious if it really does smell like turds, cigs & weed. 

Edited by CaliforniaLove
*I don't actually have $6,000 to spend on a pair of toddler fringe shorts*
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

I assume that the office thing was a fake storyline. Maci doesn't want to feature her real life, so she looks for storylines like "Ryan is an addict and his parents are assholes" or "Here's me and Taylor doing some fun thing" or "Our business is so successful that we need an office." I thought the sales rep's spiel about how awesome the offices are and how they only have one unit left was a bit obvious. All that was missing was a scroll across the bottom with the contact info for viewers in the Chattanooga area and a special offer of one month's free rent for the first 10 callers.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

You forgot to include the cost of the beer that will be required in that office. That alone will be in the thousands.

But can that be considered an expense related to the office?  I mean that money is going to be spent on beer regardless of where they stuff envelopes.  Or if they stuff envelopes. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, lezlers said:

10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Yep!

After being all over my state of California, and living on the coast, I could show images of many impressive places here. I have been to numerous states and have seen such beautiful sights. There are some beautiful spots in Tennessee. That area Maci pointed out does not even compare to other pretty sites.

Google “New Hampshire in the fall” exactly how I typed it. Sorry Maci, New England is where it’s at. *Ducks and hides from the Californians* ??

• Love 12
On 09/01/2018 at 1:19 PM, SuzWhat said:

I wonder if DebzOG invited Amber in hopes that it would cause MTV to film her wedding?   If Farrah and Sophia don't go, I'm sure MTV won't film it.    

I would bet you are exactly right...and maybe hope they might pay for all or some of it.  I cannot stand that space cadet, I swear she has some serious mental issues.  Exhibit A) The pony tail, you are too OLD DebzOG for that long blonde pony tail

• Love 6
13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Maci has spent time in Puerto Rico, a place that has such beauty. She must have been drunk out of her mind to have not even noticed the beautiful country she was in because her view was from a bar stool. 

You know that bitch got to have her light beer and kamikaze shots at a tiki bar on the beach. She probably only ever went to the same one though and never ventured out past the hotel resort. I bet she drunkenly asked the bartenders to twirl the bottles around a la Cocktail because she thought it would make her seem more hipsterish to reference 80s movies at her age. I'm still shocked she was able to identify Christopher Walken by sight.

13 hours ago, TheRealT said:

What struck me about that scene is how it highlighted how provincial Maci is, despite her high opinion of herself and her high income/opportunity level for someone her age...

Provincial is a perfect description for Maci. She doesn't even have a clue just how much she doesn't know. Well, none of the girls do, but Maci is the only girl on TMOG that I'd consider at an average IQ level. I have lower standards for Cate and Amber. Where Farrah falls on the intelligence scale is a complete mystery to me as I can't even tell what part of Farrah is really her and what part is either a mentally ill woman or a shameless publicity stunt.

3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Google “New Hampshire in the fall” exactly how I typed it. Sorry Maci, New England is where it’s at. *Ducks and hides from the Californians* ??

That is very pretty. I love vibrant fall colors. Nova Scotia is also on my bucket list.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I have to admit, I'm almost tempted to purchase something from Tierra Reign for 2 reasons...A. I have a friend with two kids under 3 who watches the show, knows about TR & would LOL at the joke gift, and B. I'm curious if it really does smell like turds, cigs & weed. 

My wife’s boss is morbidly curious about the Teen Moms but she doesn’t want to actually watch the child abuse and neglect because she has a child. So she gets her updates from my wife every week and reads US Weekly and Radar Online. When Cate and Tyler were doing the 50% off sale on the clothes, I joked that I’d buy her son an outfit.  She said “If you buy my son any of that ugly shit, remember I know where you live”. I guess she doesn’t want him to “Reign Over His Dreams” (whatever the hell that means ?).  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I can't even tell what part of Farrah is really her and what part is either a mentally ill woman or a shameless publicity stunt.

This is a great description of Farrah, who is really hard to describe.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I don't doubt it is just a storyline. Someone who owns that building probably allowed them to film there in exchange for free advertisement or MTV paid them a one-time fee to film there, possibly.  Maci already has a room at her home to handle her business. I remember when Maci was sitting there in her big ass chair while she was pregnant and had a glass of beer on her desk as she was on the computer looking over inventory. How much bigger space do you need to slip a t-shirt in an envelope? It isn't as if she needs to fold them on the floor like Cate does with her stinking TR clothes. 

No no the company provides the beer.  I mean, they're probably SAVING money in the long run.  ;)

12 hours ago, Soobs said:

I think he feels guilty that he doesn't want to be with her. I know it's hard to believe that someone who kills cats for fun can also feel guilty for rejecting someone, but people are complex, even dumb shit Ryan.

What was the story with the cat killing?  I've heard rumblings about it, but don't know the actual story.  

4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Two words: Wine Country. 

Check and mate, my friend.  :D

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Google “New Hampshire in the fall” exactly how I typed it. Sorry Maci, New England is where it’s at. *Ducks and hides from the Californians*

I'll give you New Hampshire IN THE FALL...the rest of the year? West siiiiiiiiiiide! 

• Love 9

Here are the ranks for visitors to Tierra Reign and TTM. If you scroll down it shows you the amount of time people stay on the site etc. Tierra Reign gets more visitors but visitors don't mean sales. TTm doesn't get enough traffic to be compared to other sites.

I agree, Maci is using the office space as a storyline. They would have to sell a lot of those ugly pocket shirts to afford the rent. If they renting office space they are idiots! 

TTM

Tierra Reign

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Calm81 said:

My town isn't shabby either. (The foggy river valley is our yard view. The road view is our road. The blue mountains our town.) 

site 1.jpg

site 2.jpg

site 3.jpg

• Love 18

Gosh! Googling everyone’s hometown or seeing their images posted( @mamadrama that is a beautiful view) makes me so angry that these buttholes spend their time on couches or facing bartenders instead of basking in all the beauty.

On that note. Lemme just drop this riiiiiiight here - Eaaaaast side @CaliforniaLove ??

I love messing with you guys lol ? 

EDDE769B-086C-4241-92D6-8242DE1F9F51.jpeg

5C2E690C-9AB4-4B9C-B30F-97CA89C638E0.jpeg

65338A72-2A7D-436D-BDFF-381A04E577B1.jpeg

1AD97961-7CDE-4A26-B807-7D51600D0045.jpeg

CEBA2C43-F3DB-4E61-88E1-2437ED72CCBD.jpeg

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 17
23 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I think it's just easier to say "yes" to her. That woman would literally nag you to death. It's got to be exhausting. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Let's bring back the rivalry right here on these boards @Calm81!!...and joke's on you...I Googled NH in the fall, and I'm staying on your couch next October. lol

Be my guest! We New Englanders take Halloween very seriously and we will party it up!!!! I’ll provide the couch but you bring the bud light. ? ?#Oktoberfest

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Be my guest! We New Englanders take Halloween very seriously and we will party it up!!!! I’ll provide the couch but you bring the bud light. ? ?#Oktoberfest

Aren't you in FL? Or did you make it back to Boston?

ETA: remember when Amber Porkwood posted a beach picture and photoshopped in Amber and Cate sitting on a couch on a beach??

Sadly, she wasn't far off. It was pointed out that most of Amber's Hawaii pictures were taken from a window while Amber was in a horizontal position.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4

Small talk thread...we need to post images there all so we can enjoy everyone's beautiful towns and cities. 

I am in a waiting room right now. I will post some later.?

2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

ETA: remember when Amber Porkwood posted a beach picture and photoshopped in Amber and Cate sitting on a couch on a beach??

Sadly, she wasn't far off. It was pointed out that most of Amber's Hawaii pictures were taken from a window while Amber was in a horizontal position.

These damn heifers have the world in their hands, and the money to travel, but lie on couches. At least Kail and Farrah are seeing the world.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I’m from Boston/New Hampshire (parents moved us back and forth a lot) but currently in Florida. My parents brought the family down here when I was a junior in high school. 

However, my husband and kids are making a move back there around the summertime due to a job transfer. I’ve been dreaming about moving back home. ?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 4

Ah. Well glad your dream is coming true.

Not sure where my dream state is. Not Minnesota. I like parts of CA but had a pretty bad experience in LA back in November that colored my perception of that region. I love Santa Barbara though. Never been to New England or New York. I like Florida and Arizona in the winter but not the summer. I want seasons, but at a moderate level...I don't want 100+ degree days or subzero temperatures. That rules out much of the country for me.

ETA: I know New England is not a state. Just shorthand for all the states in that region.

ETA again: I am reading this article now. Very curious what they're going to use for North Dakota.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/most-beautiful-places-in-america

Spoiler alert: they did pretty well with ND actually. They dropped the ball on Indiana, Minnesota, and Mississippi. Oh well.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I resent all of you and your beautiful landscapes!  I am sitting in an office in cold chicago right now, looking down onto the L.  

Brrrrrrrrrr!!!! Sorry. Too bad we can't get you outta there. :-(

2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Ah. Well glad your dream is coming true.

Not sure where my dream state is. Not Minnesota. I like parts of CA but had a pretty bad experience in LA back in November that colored my perception of that region. I love Santa Barbara though. Never been to New England or New York. I like Florida and Arizona in the winter but not the summer. I want seasons, but at a moderate level...I don't want 100+ degree days or subzero temperatures. That rules out much of the country for me.

ETA: I know New England is not a state. Just shorthand for all the states in that region.

ETA again: I am reading this article now. Very curious what they're going to use for North Dakota.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/most-beautiful-places-in-america

Spoiler alert: they did pretty well with ND actually. They dropped the ball on Indiana, Minnesota, and Mississippi. Oh well.

You'd love Santa Barbara, although right now you wouldn't since Highway 101 is totally under water and mud. It looks like a gigantic muddy lake and river. Mudslides due to heavy rains which just came on the heels of the major fire we just had. It is about 40 minutes from where I live. 

• Love 6
On 1/10/2018 at 0:15 AM, Blissfool said:

My heart breaks when seeing Tyler's relationship with Butch. I have a family member who is very much like Butch...cocaine; in and out of jail. He can go a few months clean, get a job, seem to be thriving, but then the urge will hit him and he will cave, bringing hurt to those of us that love and care for him. It happens just like it happened on the show. I will call him for whatever reason, no answer. I'll make myself think "he must be busy at work." Deep down i know the truth, but I refuse to face it until it is confirmed...which usually happens when hours become days and sometimes even weeks of no contact. There have been times that he really didnt answer because he WAS busy at work, and it's like a huge sigh of relief, yet the fear lingers within me because I realize it's a disappointment that WILL  be realized, just not THAT day.

When the producer asked Tyler, "Why do you really think he didn't answer?" Tyler answered, "cuz he's working." I so related ...thats what we really really hope...that he's working.

I no longer have an addicted family member but my ex-husband was a cocaine/crack addict and I sadly had to divorce him because of it. We met in college when I was 18 and got married a year after I graduated from law school.  

Sixteen years later, I STILL will never, ever forget how it feels to worry/suspect/know that a relapse is happening. It’s a horrible feeling in the pit of one’s stomach that your whole life is falling apart. Add to that the very likely possibility that he will probably be missing for days. 

It was SO HARD to divorce someone whom I loved SO MUCH when I was just 27 years old.  But, thankfully, I was smart enough know that I just could not go down with his sinking ship. (As an aside, he had been to rehab multiple times while we were dating and then married, he’d be sober for a few years, I’d convince myself that he was finally “fixed” and then he’d relapse again). 

But once I realized that I could still have all of the things I wanted in life, just without him, I knew that I had to do it and felt okay about it. 

I’m not a Tyler fan, but I feel for him, because you can’t divorce your parent. 

• Love 19
On 1/10/2018 at 0:03 PM, Mr. Minor said:

Farrah's world consists of porn stars and drag queens and sex industry appearances. When she's not busy with that she hates her mother and let's her creepy dad kiss her ass. It's a god damn freak show!

Yes! Michael and his gf ass kissing is so obvious! I hate it, and it's gross. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

Also, I shamelessly eat lunch out everyday that I work in downtown Chicago, and I’ve never once gotten close to spending $40, unless I’m treating someone else. 

I balked at that, too.  Even if I'm eating at a proper sit down restaurant, the most I've ever spent (on myself) for lunch is maybe 25.  Maybe. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Yes! Michael and his gf ass kissing is so obvious! I hate it, and it's gross. 

Maybe I'm just going through a weird stage but I actually kind of like the gf. She kisses Farrah's ass, for sure, but she seems like a nice person. DebzOG is just a crazy, controlling, manipulative weirdo that I kind of enjoy watching the gf talking to Farrah in such gentle, soft tones. Farrah always looks so taken aback by it, like she's waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

I don't know. I have a soft spot for Farrah. I think she's batshit crazy, sure, but I also think that a lot of things contributed to that. 

• Love 18
42 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Maybe I'm just going through a weird stage but I actually kind of like the gf. She kisses Farrah's ass, for sure, but she seems like a nice person. DebzOG is just a crazy, controlling, manipulative weirdo that I kind of enjoy watching the gf talking to Farrah in such gentle, soft tones. Farrah always looks so taken aback by it, like she's waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

I don't know. I have a soft spot for Farrah. I think she's batshit crazy, sure, but I also think that a lot of things contributed to that. 

It seems like Michael's fiancee (Amy?) is genuinely at least ok with Farrah, in addition to being a basically easygoing person. Farrah behaves much more "normally" than she used to and I think she has grown to appreciate Michael and, by extension, his gf/fiancee much more than she did/would have in the past. I find Michael super weird, but I can see how he would come off as an above-averagely nice/attractive middle-aged guy and how a middle-aged woman would find him a catch and be willing to go the extra mile with his weird daughter/granddaughter to land him.

I also have a soft spot for Farrah and I'm proud of her for how far she's come in many ways. I believe that she was/is significantly emotionally affected by Daddy Derek's death, though she wasn't speaking to him when he died. (I actually think that made his death harder for her.) I think that, for most people, one's baby daddy/co-parent dying before the baby is born is something that would become more complicated and difficult over time even if one were too immature to fully grasp the complexity of the situation at first, so I see that as a big part of Farrah's ongoing reality, alongside her mom/parents being crazy/unreliable in many ways, MTV stardom, life as a porn star, unpacking/dealing with the baggage from her fucked up family/childhood, etc., etc., etc.

• Love 10
On 1/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, Rebecca said:

Yeah, I really don't get it either. All I can think is that he is into her on some level even if it's not equal. 

I've never heard her bring up kids without him responding that he doesn't know if he wants more, though. The whole thing is so confusing and strange. They have about as much chemistry as two pats of butter lying next to each other. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I agree Michael's gf if nice. Seems decent, and Michael is fairly mellow, but I don't like the obvious ass kissing.  I do agree that Farrah seems surprised by it.  That is so sad.  What hell her growing up must have been.  But no excuse for her to be an asshole. She needs to break the cycle. And stay far far far far away from Debz.

• Love 4
On 1/12/2018 at 6:25 AM, Tatum said:

Provincial is a perfect description for Maci. She doesn't even have a clue just how much she doesn't know. Well, none of the girls do, but Maci is the only girl on TMOG that I'd consider at an average IQ level.

Yes, provincial.  But she's only 26, and has been saddled with kids since she was 17.  So it's it not like she can just up and travel on a whim.  She's done some TM appearances, but those really are for work. 

She doesn't seem like the type to be interested in experiencing other cultures, other than their beer culture (and there is something to be said for that), but even if she were, it's bound to be more difficult for her than it would be for a regular mid-20s person. 

Of course, adding to her brood isn't increasing her freedom (except maybe her financial freedom via TM), but with her head start and assuming no more miracle babies, her kids will all be out of the house by the time she's in her early 40s.  I see no indication that she will have spent the intervening years becoming curious about life outside Chattanooga, but you never know.  I don't necessarily admire such a stance, but hey, it's not my life.

Now, if she could stop talking like she knows everything, that would help.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:05 AM, lezlers said:

No no the company provides the beer.  I mean, they're probably SAVING money in the long run.  ;)

Excellent point. 

On 1/12/2018 at 2:04 PM, heatherchandler said:

I resent all of you and your beautiful landscapes!  I am sitting in an office in cold chicago right now, looking down onto the L.  

But Chicago is a beautiful city, and Maci was talking about Chatanooga being the prettiest city.  That's not even a case where you have some people who think mountains are pretty, some people who think beaches or lakes are pretty, and some even like deserts.  No, you're comparing cities, and actually, not even towns, so you don't get into a preference for a small quaint town over a megalopolis with skyscrapers.  It's a city vs. city battle--cityscape.

Your view of the L may not be inspiring, but their view of the "prettiest city" in the U.S. was from the rooftop of the building, not from their window.  Most cities' beauty is not judged from a vantage point right in the middle, but even if it were, I'd still take a view down onto the L over their view, even from their roof.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I like her, too. I think in some instances she is kissing some ass, but not all the time. I think she knows what Farrah has gone through with Deb and she wants Farrah to know that not all mothers (and step-mothers) are that way. 

Provincial is a perfect description for Maci. She doesn't even have a clue just how much she doesn't know.

All she knows is wherever she travels, and she has traveled a lot for a girl her age, is there better be alcohol. She has ventured to Vegas a handful of times. She has ventured many times out of state. Must be nice to just dump your baby on a whim to one's parents and your ex's parents when it was motor cross season, spring break, and when it was time to just get away from it all so you can go drink and party hardy. Get away from what exactly, whatever.  All the times Maci has been to Texas, Florida, and all the random states, I wonder if she ever took herself from the world of chugging beer and having sex with potential husbands to ever really see her surroundings? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yes, provincial.  But she's only 26, and has been saddled with kids since she was 17.  So it's it not like she can just up and travel on a whim.  She's done some TM appearances, but those really are for work. 

When I first read this I seriously thought you were being sarcastic (not snarking on you). Maci has traveled quite a bit since she had Bentley. I believe that she's home more now, but she used to go on a lot of "spring break" type trips with friends and did the college circuit as a pro-abstinence speaker. She also dated a couple of guys who lived out of town (including Taylor) and traveled frequently to visit them.

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

All she knows is wherever she travels, and she has traveled a lot for a girl her age, is there better be alcohol. She has ventured to Vegas a handful of times. She has ventured many times out of state. Must be nice to just dump your baby on a whim to one's parents and your ex's parents when it was motor cross season, spring break, and when it was time to just get away from it all so you can go drink and party hardy. Get away from what exactly, whatever.  All the times Maci has been to Texas, Florida, and all the random states, I wonder if she ever took herself from the world of chugging beer and having sex with potential husbands to ever really see her surroundings? 

Exactly. I can't imagine Maci going to a museum, visiting historical sites, or even hiking to explore natural attractions (activities which can be done even in places like TN and TX). She's been to NYC and LA countless times, but I'd be shocked if she has ever explored the cities beyond going to bars. It's even harder for me to imagine her reading about anything that might broaden her horizons or even watching TV shows that are remotely educational about anything besides maybe motocross. We know she's interested in beer, but I can't imagine her looking up microbreweries in a town she's going to visit (for work, vacation, or to see her bf). She's provincial because she has no intellectual curiosity, not because she hasn't had opportunities to learn about the world.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Exactly. I can't imagine Maci going to a museum, visiting historical sights, or even hiking to explore natural attractions (activities which can be done even in places like TN and TX). She's been to NYC and LA countless times, but I'd be shocked if she has ever explored the cities beyond going to bars. It's even harder for me to imagine her reading about anything that might broaden her horizons or even watching TV shows that are remotely educational about anything besides maybe motocross. We know she's interested in beer, but I can't imagine her looking up microbreweries in a town she's going to visit (for work, vacation, or to see her bf). She's provincial because she has no intellectual curiosity, not because she hasn't had opportunities to learn about the world.

Right. Maci limits herself with what she chooses to do, and she seems fine with that being the case. No real desire to actually broaden her horizons.

Maci has traveled to L.A. and New York numerous times, thank you for pointing that out. Puerto Rico seemed to be about crying about Ryan and talking to people who have their own addiction issues about Ryan's addiction problem. She hung out with people she likely wouldn't hang out with if not for this show. They went to the bars, buying different kinds of beers in the grocery store, and getting drunk. They did some water activities, but even that couldn't be done without alcohol being there front and center. They ate at Burger King as a group. That didn't air. It was shared on social media. BK would never be on my list of places to eat in a foreign country. I could eat that shit here in the U.S. anytime I wanted and that is not often. My girlfriend went to PR and visited several churches, lots of historical sites, she visited museums, she really took advantage of her time there. Maci only goes where alcohol is being served. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I like her, too. I think in some instances she is kissing some ass, but not all the time. I think she knows what Farrah has gone through with Deb and she wants Farrah to know that not all mothers (and step-mothers) are not that way. 

Yeah, she’s been to Applebee’s in 4 states and 1 US Territory. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Yeah, she’s been to Applebee’s in 4 states and 1 US Territory. 

51 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If she had any real interest in beer (or taste), she wouldn't be drinking Budweiser.

This is totally my image of Maci. And it would be one thing if she was like, "Yeah, I'm basic as fuck! Heehaw!" and didn't put on airs about being so mature, smart, and sophisticated. She does try to affect being "down to earth," but she also presents herself as being somehow exemplary in terms of all she's survived and how accomplished she is. Which, no.

According to what I consider even basic middle class/respectable standards, she is pretty trashy. She had a baby in high school. She has no education to speak of (despite putting on airs for years about being in school while raising her child and working); she had 3 kids out of wedlock; she has no realistic future career prospects; she has zero intellectual curiosity (which informs her lifestyle/parenting choices); etc., etc. I can't see the average middle- to upper middle-class mom in her community embracing Maci as a potential wife for her doctor/lawyer/etc., captain of the football team at UT son (which I think was Maci's original aspiration in life and what is considered the maximum achievement for a woman in her culture).

• Love 7