Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E8: A Mad Tea Party - 2018.01.07

• Start Topic

Have always liked Kandi. Enjoy seeing her appear happy! From her makeup, striped sweater & hairstyle, while visiting with Sheree, was all PERFECT on her.  I've noticed she's been opening her mouth more while talking with her chin UP (instead of usual tuck n grumble) .Makes me want to hear more.  Mama Joyce having brain skip moment(ssss) was a great scene! The editor had fun with the slow pan blur compilation. Felt like the cameraman was literally nodding off. GOLD! 

Nene's looking 90 yrs old TH silver-gray shoulder wings 'outfit'. I've seen many many strange looking wigs/makeup/dresses, but that was just awful. I am beyond tired of seeing shiny round boobs in my face. I never hear much of what they are saying when my mind wonders where their nipples are? Like some of them must have side nipples. WHY does Bravo keep doing this cleavage crap with the HW's. I don' t want to see it! 

Sheree gave me the impression she wanted her TH 'like seriously in pain right now ' to reinforce the car accident aggrivating a prior injury, for a lawsuit. I dunno, seems her bf isn't a very good instructor or Sheree forgot she wasn't suppose to bring up past back trouble. Everything about her screams scammy to me. Kenya's reaction to it was a bit much, or should i say NOT MUCH when getting hair and makeup done. Just doesn't seem 'real' that a friend calls in crisis and ya don't stop ppl from primping until you are sure they are OK. Or maybe they are all just this detatched. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, LydiaOhLydia said:

Sheree gave me the impression she wanted her TH 'like seriously in pain right now ' to reinforce the car accident aggrivating a prior injury, for a lawsuit. I dunno, seems her bf isn't a very good instructor or Sheree forgot she wasn't suppose to bring up past back trouble. Everything about her screams scammy to me.

I was surprised Sheree didn't appear in her TH segment wearing a big theatrical neck-brace.

Has anyone looked up the reviews for OLG restaurant?

• Love 9
19 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I thought she may have lied about the accident but never thought she lied about her DV issues. My head went to her being bitter about not getting producer credits or hearing back from Kenya again about the PSA. Speaking of, would anyone want to be Kenya's intern???

Interesting take about being bitter.  I tend to think she lied because of the reaction of her kids when she told them, and her wanted to get back together with Bob last season.  I'm very skeptical when it comes to Sheree.  

• Love 3
On 1/7/2018 at 8:04 PM, Primal Slayer said:

I just need to start off with: Why wouldn't Bravo air the add at the end of the episode??? That was weird. 

I just assumed that Kenya probably wanted them to pay her some ridiculous amount to air it.

Sheree saying she was in an accident, that someone rear ended her but we saw her drive up and there did not seem to be any damage to the back of her car but was complaining that she was in intense pain makes me think she called her ambulance chasing lawyer before she spoke to Kenya.  

• Love 6

I just assumed that Kenya probably wanted them to pay her some ridiculous amount to air it.

Which would be odd, because isn't one of the points of a PSA is FREE airtime (in slots that that are usually sold)?  So nobody gets compensation so to speak.. In fact the network/station airing it actually probably loses money...  I hope nobody went into that project looking to "get paid".

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tiredofwork said:

Which would be odd, because isn't one of the points of a PSA is FREE airtime (in slots that that are usually sold)?  So nobody gets compensation so to speak.. In fact the network/station airing it actually probably loses money...  I hope nobody went into that project looking to "get paid".

Much too logical for some! If anyone was asking about money, it would be Sheree who's always looking at the bottom line! ;-)

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Fiero425 said:

Kandi and Todd are looking for a new GM to run the OLG restaurant! Kenya's filming a PSA with the girls concerning domestic violence! Marlo has a tea with Porsha, Nene, & Cynthia to clear the air! ;-)

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Fiero425 said:

Kandi and Todd are looking for a new GM to run the OLG restaurant! Kenya's filming a PSA with the girls concerning domestic violence! Marlo has a tea with Porsha, Nene, & Cynthia to clear the air! ;-)

I wouldn't take that job for all the tea in China. That' like going to hell on purpose..

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LydiaOhLydia said:

Have always liked Kandi. Enjoy seeing her appear happy! From her makeup, striped sweater & hairstyle, while visiting with Sheree, was all PERFECT on her.  I've noticed she's been opening her mouth more while talking with her chin UP (instead of usual tuck n grumble) .Makes me want to hear more.  Mama Joyce having brain skip moment(ssss) was a great scene! The editor had fun with the slow pan blur compilation. Felt like the cameraman was literally nodding off. GOLD! 

Nene's looking 90 yrs old TH silver-gray shoulder wings 'outfit'. I've seen many many strange looking wigs/makeup/dresses, but that was just awful. I am beyond tired of seeing shiny round boobs in my face. I never hear much of what they are saying when my mind wonders where their nipples are? Like some of them must have side nipples. WHY does Bravo keep doing this cleavage crap with the HW's. I don' t want to see it! 

Sheree gave me the impression she wanted her TH 'like seriously in pain right now ' to reinforce the car accident aggrivating a prior injury, for a lawsuit. I dunno, seems her bf isn't a very good instructor or Sheree forgot she wasn't suppose to bring up past back trouble. Everything about her screams scammy to me. Kenya's reaction to it was a bit much, or should i say NOT MUCH when getting hair and makeup done. Just doesn't seem 'real' that a friend calls in crisis and ya don't stop ppl from primping until you are sure they are OK. Or maybe they are all just this detatched. 

I have watched mama Joyce a few hellacious seasons now, it appear that there may be early sings of dementia. I am not a physician , but I did take care of my own mother with Alzheimers disease.  I pray that I'm wrong. Maybe she just had a brain freeze.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

There isn't enough money in the world to get me to work at OLG. The general manager job description sounds unprofessional AF. They're not telling candidates the truth. You'll have to manage the restaurant as well as those biddies? Nah, Kandi. Ain't nobody trying to be out here putting up with your rude-ass family. I did agree with Bertha? That the staff wearing sagging pants was unprofessional and unseemly. It's stupid when it's worn outside, so in a place of business, it's even worse. 

In their defense, if you truly have been in the restaurant industry, crazy and rude hangers-on that the manager has to deal with is pretty much a standard part of the deal. Whether its the demanding wife/husband/GF/BF/kids of the owners or the best-friend/bro/business associate who expects to come in and get comped for free, its a pretty standard thing in the industry. Owners set the tone for what will and won't be allowed, and folks like Kandi and Todd who have no previous experience in food service or retail often (but not always) are more lenient when it comes to allowing family and friends to overstep so again, unless he's only worked at corporate chains like Applebees and Red Lobster, it should be something he's seen/heard of/dealt with.  

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Fiero425 said:

Who you tellin'? Nene's enough to run me off the show; her mouth is so loud and abusive even when calm! When she loses her $#!t, you are truly wasting your time because she's just not rational! Even when wrong, she goes on the attack! Just because she didn't call Bravo to fire Porsha, she thinks she has the right to deny she actually said it on "WWHL" with Andy! Why Porsha even cares is beyond me! Nene's one person you can't win an argument with! She's so FOS I can't stand it! ;-(

I watched that episode again on WWHL when Nene was asked the question by a caller, who did she think should leave the show. Her response was I think Freak and Fraud should be the first to go .. she simply answered the question that she was asked by the caller. Nene , just stop denying , and tell Porsha what she and Phaedra did to Kandi was wrong, and yes I did feel at that point in time that you should have FIRED  along with Phaedra.  However Porsha is giving Nene to much power over her life because Ultimately,  it's not Nene's decision who gets fired , she's hanging on by a thread herself. Nene's mouth will be her downfall. It seems as if Hollywood is already rejecting her. Nene is vulgar when she's angry and that's a turnoff, no one wants to work with that.    

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:31 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I was surprised Sheree didn't appear in her TH segment wearing a big theatrical neck-brace.

Yes I have looked at the reviews when they first opened the restaurant. There were more negative remarks, mostly due to wait time for food.  There were a lot of positives as well, compliments on the food and the guest enjoyed meeting the OLG'S  and Kandi.  Hopefully the flow is much better now and that 45 minutes to an hour wait time for food is no longer.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2018 at 1:05 PM, tiredofwork said:

PSAs can cost just as much to produce as paid commercials bc the studio time and talent can cost he same (unless they are willing to negotiate). The are just free to run on air. The station usually schedules them during off times when no advertiser wants to pay for time or if there happens to be an empty slot. Sometimes a few slots are left open for PSAs for good community relations. Often a gov't agency or nonprofit sponsors (pays for) production costs.

Was it a real PSA? Did it ever run anywhere? Or was it just a fake for the show?

• Love 2
On 1/9/2018 at 4:31 AM, Ubiquitous said:

I have a friend who ate there during the holidays and said that she and her relatives all enjoyed the food.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2018 at 4:08 AM, LydiaOhLydia said:

I don't believe her claims of an accident at all, because Sheree would never walk away from a sure fire insurance claim. She said she didn't even go to the hospital after this so-called severe hit. Ain't buying it.

Hey, was Sheree jumping off stuff with Bob last season? I know Bob looked pretty silly, but I don't remember what Sheree did, but we sure didn't hear about any slipped discs.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 4
On 1/10/2018 at 8:08 PM, Iguessnot said:

I don't believe her claims of an accident at all, because Sheree would never walk away from a sure fire insurance claim. She said she didn't even go to the hospital after this so-called severe hit. Ain't buying it.

Me either. Nowadays, when there is an accident involving neck or back injuries, the lawyers are there before you can get out of your car.  Sheree smells money, and she would have gone to the ER and then hired an attorney.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Me either. Nowadays, when there is an accident involving neck or back injuries, the lawyers are there before you can get out of your car.  Sheree smells money, and she would have gone to the ER and then hired an attorney.

Sheree barely has a storyline; pining over a con artist and informing her kids there father was abusive isn't much! Maybe she thought she needed something extra so fabricated an accident! ;-(

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Talking to NeNe is so useless, if you dont agree with her then she refuses to listen. She just always has to be right and it is so fucking annoying.

Nene has become beyond annoying.  I hate how she keeps rewriting history and making it look like she has never been the biggest troublemaker on this series.  I'm glad Porsha saw right through her and didn't pretend to accept her shade strewn faux apology.  Nene just needs a storyline and is using her feud with Porsha to stay relevant.  I used to be a Nene fan but no more!  If she left the show again I wouldn't bat an eye.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 0:19 AM, mellowjoi said:

I was quite impressed with the PSA until Shamea was walking away and it appears she's laughing/smiling.  I replayed it several times.  Now I'm just wondering if it was all an act.

I find Shamea quite annoying also.  She needs to make up her mind who she's friends with.  And to be honest, if I was expected to pay $10,000 dollars to be part of my friend's wedding I would be MIA also.  That's expecting a little too much if you ask me.  Kandi is probably the only one who can afford that shit.  If she's marrying a millionaire let him comp her wedding party's flights to the wedding.  After all, they will also have to pay for their dresses and everything else expected of the wedding party.  I guess I'm just a cheapskate like that. 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, Sheenieb said:

There she is, good old want something for nothing, Sheree!

She's too good to be an intern, yet she wants co-producer credit. Typical.

Sheree is almost unrecognizable from the Sheree from season 1.  I think she's just as delusional but with much less oomph than she had back then.  She seems to have lost her swag once she was revealed to be the biggest faker that ever faked in Fakeville.   I personally miss the Sheree of the She-by-Sheree era.  Right now she just seems low rent and downtrodden.  She doesn't even bother to dress up anymore.  What's with the 24/7 sweats this season?  And I have no doubt her jailbird boo is just counting the hours before he gets his hands on chateau Sheree and any Bravo money she's eking by on now.  Can't wait to see how that plays out.

• Love 4