Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Now, as far as the board goes, people should remember that this board/website grew out of TWOP after it closed, which stood for Television Without Pity. It was known for being snarky. That was a large part of its draw. It’s a discussion board, not a feel-good-let’s all talk about how much we love everyone- fan board. To the extent that the board had become something that all of these girls follow and get their feelings hurt, that’s a shame, and I hope these girls understand that the only people that they need to be impressing are K&J and Charlotte. 

Ah.....nostalgia.  TWOP is where I first found y'all.  There are days I truly miss that place but thank Yahvo, we have this place.  ;o)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

SAME.  I actually have respect now for Ally and Cassie for speaking up about her and saying what every other vet was thinking and agreed with.  Taylor was not a favorite. 

I have faith now that she has matured all these years later. 

I agree. I thought it was mean at the time but if I was a leader in that organisation I would be openly frustrated with Taylor who clearly didn't have the maturity for that team. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

That’s true... we are actually mostly nice. I can’t even look at the Facebook page and Instagram comments. 

IMO, those are often infinitely worse.

I would be freaked right the hell out over some of those comments guys make, like "My baby is so hot". Eeewww, I feel the need for a shower after reading those.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 9

There was something about Taylor that rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning so I was stoked when Judy caught Cassie whispering and made her tell everyone. It’s the little things.

to stay on topic: I don’t really know any of the girls yet so I’m rooting for the legacies. I need to go through the list and pick who I like based on their name ?

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

Can it be Saturday already?

Don't you mean Friday. Interviews are tomorrow and finals are on Friday. I was secretly hoping Taylor would have told off Cassie and Ally. If any of the vets had a problem with her, they should have kept it themselves instead of bringing it up in front of everyone. Was the problem a personal thing, DCC related, or a mean girl thing. Of course after hearing what happen with Olivia, Judy and Cassie, I am not surprise. I wonder whose bright idea was for Taylor to make it to TC in the first place.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Don't you mean Friday. Interviews are tomorrow and finals are on Friday. I was secretly hoping Taylor would have told off Cassie and Ally. If any of the vets had a problem with her, they should have kept it themselves instead of bringing it up in front of everyone. Was the problem a personal thing, DCC related, or a mean girl thing. Of course after hearing what happen with Olivia, Judy and Cassie, I am not surprise. I wonder whose bright idea was for Taylor to make it to TC in the first place.

Really, usually finals are on saturday?‍♀️

Edited by Cody701

Taylor was in Season 6. Finals are usually on Saturdays, but they move interviews and finals up one day. I am guessing they need to move it up due to getting ready for swimsuit calendar shoot coming up soon within the next few weeks before TC starts. Cannot wait to see if any vets are cut.

(edited)

Now we have a REALLY good reason for it to be Friday this week and not just because it's the end of the work week for most of us.  I think this year we're more anxious to see which vets get cut than in previous years because there are no really obvious cuts, like there were in previous years (Morgan, Breelan, Caila in her third year, Ashley Pro, Kat, etc.)  People weren't expecting Jasmine to get cut going into her fourth year nor were they expecting Raylee's (or Heather H's) cut last year.  I suspect that this will be a VERY tough year to audition because people see how weak last year's team was as well as how many people left or were cut and thought that this would be THE year to audition and have a good chance at making Finals/Training Camp.  There are a lot of REALLY good dancers who didn't make it to Finals and should have, but we don't know what happens in the deliberations.  Hmmm . . . would there be any way to sneak a listening device in for Finals or for next year so we know what was REALLY said?  J/k (sort of).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

This was actually not a mean girl thing.  She spent the before practice periods (where they are supposed to go over everything with vets) primping or sitting around.  Vets offered to help her and she always bragged 'oh no, i know it.'  So they were ALL upset when she tried to throw them under the bus in front of the CMT cameras and say that no one would help her fix her mistakes.  That's why Cassie and Ally were fuming.  I think others would have said something if Judy hadn't called on Cassie.  In Taylor's defense, I thought she handled the cut well and realized she wasn't ready.  

Augh sorry! Just realized this is speculation and not former!  To get back on topic, I am really curious to see how finals go too.  I actually am not expecting any vets to get cut unless they screw up majorly and there are just a ton of absolutely perfect candidates. 

• Love 8

I was not surprise Jasmine was cut. I was surprise she even made the team (one of the girls who lucked out in Season 7 from five one year vets being cut at finals and five more spots being open due to the squad going from 34 to 39.) I could never understand her appeal, and she seem to be a blender her three years on the squad.

I still think there will be a few cuts on Friday. The one and two year vets need to bring their A++ game to finals.

My cut shortlist:

Christina,

Jessika

Keyra

Miranda

Molly

Rachel

Selina

Yuko

I don't think it'll be all of them by any means but I'm holding my hands up now to say any other vet being cut would shock me. I don't want any of these vets to be cut and would be sad if they went but I can't imagine them axing any of the other girls. Hoping this is a year they all make it back. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

My cut shortlist:

Christina,

Jessika

Keyra

Miranda

Molly

Rachel

Selina

Yuko

I don't think it'll be all of them by any means but I'm holding my hands up now to say any other vet being cut would shock me. I don't want any of these vets to be cut and would be sad if they went but I can't imagine them axing any of the other girls. Hoping this is a year they all make it back. 

Yuko would have to set the place on fire to get cut and even then they would probably still take her lol  She gets a lot of flak here but she is a wonderful ambassador, professional/mature, hard working and a solid performer. 

I think Molly and Rachel are safe.  Rachel got her weight in check and looks fierce and she and Molly both are great performers. 

I honestly don't know enough about how Christina and Miranda did during season to comment on that.  

I think a lot expected Selina to be cut last year but she really pulled it out during interviews and finals/solo.  So she may do it again.  

• Love 10

I am reserving judgement on all the VK stuff for now. I wasn't there, and it's easy for rumors to grow and spread. From what I have seen in videos I'm not surprised she has made it this far. I like Dayton and always have. I think she needs some time to polish the style in TC, and I hope she makes it that far. 

I do think there will be some cuts, after the big deal they made when no vets were cut going into TC that year.  Unless there is an international person trying out we don't know about Yuko is safe.  I don't see any of the 3 year or up girls getting cut either. The ones I think I'm danger are the 1 and 2 yr girls. 

• Love 2

Yuko is a Kelli and Charlotte favorite, so I do not think she will get cut even if she has the worse vet solo, performance on the field, and bad interview. I admit I do not know much about Miranda, Molly or Rachel.  I think Keyra could be on the bubble due to size, but we never know what will happen. I was surprise Selina was not cut, but I think Kelli likes her so she will be saved. Christina may not be the best dancer on the squad, but I think she has the personality and ambassador part down.

I don't know what to think about Keyra. Dancewise she is fine, it's just her figure. Honestly though, I would think if that was a concern for them she would not have made the team in the first place. I don't get it really, they cut Grace Sells (I think that was her name) over being bottom heavy, but Keyra is bigger than she was. Who knows? I think if Selina shows up with a weight issue she will get the axe, after being on warning for it.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, bnn said:

Does anyone know where to watch all the old episodes? I can't find them on CMT or anywhere else? 

The seasons used to be free if CMT listed your cable provider.  You logged in using your provider account credentials.  My provider, Frontier Communications (the WORST), was deleted from the CMT provider list about a month ago.  Makes me stark raving POSTAL.  I ended up purchasing S12 on iTunes.  Now I *think* only the 1st episode of each season is free to all without having to use a provider log in.

Edited by go4luca
35 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yuko would have to set the place on fire to get cut and even then they would probably still take her lol 

LOL I think the only thing that might...might...get Yuko cut would be if she did a few laps around AT&T Stadium while waving a flag on which is written "Jerry Jones sucks" :)  And that is fine by me, I love Yuko!

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

The seasons used to be free if CMT listed your cable provider.  You logged in using your provider account credentials.  My provider, Frontier Communications (the WORST), was deleted from the CMT provider list about a month ago.  Makes me stark raving POSTAL.  I ended up purchasing S12 on iTunes.  Now I *think* only the 1st episode of each season is free to all without having to use a provider log in.

I have Xfinity, also not on the CMT list, but you used to be able to log in with a Facebook account.  Not anymore :(

• Love 5
16 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Am I correct that Julia Fife didn't try out for DCC again this year? I'm assuming she, like Sheridan, decided to stay with the Mavs? she was one of my faves last year but i guess i don't blame her for wanting to stay with Mavs. Actually, did many of this year's past Mavs squad try out?? 

She didn’t try out. I think she’s staying with the Mavs. I loveeeeeee her.... hook em! I do hope she tries out for DCC again though someday!

• Love 1

I've said in the past that Savannah was on the bubble for being cut this year, but now I'm not so sure.  She has a look that Kelli and company adore, she's been working her tail off in classes all year long, just won ROTY, seems to be a locker room favorite and has been in some ads for Cowboy Fit (or whatever it's called).  Right now, Christina would be the only one I'd have on my cut list with MAYBE Keyra because of her shape, but Keyra's got the dancing down and is a great performer according to the guest choreographers.  I don't remember anyone really complaining about her during the year, but sometimes I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast this morning or for dinner last night.

• Love 6

I'm a tad concerned I won't be able to watch S13 live on CMT come August.  I've tried getting info from CMT as to why they dropped Frontier, but no joy.  Frontier sent me to CMT for answers.  Eye Roll.  I really hope I don't have to purchase the season and then be a day or two behind. As it is, many of us were g***** on iTunes for S12.  The 1st and 3rd episodes are missing from the set even though there are several complaints asking for them in the review section.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

I've said in the past that Savannah was on the bubble for being cut this year, but now I'm not so sure.  She has a look that Kelli and company adore, she's been working her tail off in classes all year long, just won ROTY, seems to be a locker room favorite and has been in some ads for Cowboy Fit (or whatever it's called).  Right now, Christina would be the only one I'd have on my cut list with MAYBE Keyra because of her shape, but Keyra's got the dancing down and is a great performer according to the guest choreographers.  I don't remember anyone really complaining about her during the year, but sometimes I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast this morning or for dinner last night.

Judy did not care for Keyra, but we all know Judy's opinion does not carry much weight when it comes to the girls making the squad.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy did not care for Keyra, but we all know Judy's opinion does not carry much weight when it comes to the girls making the squad.

I must have missed something. I only saw that for maybe 2 episodes. I don't get that any time else..during season or any other episodes..

Yuko could do no wrong in Kelli's eyes. They wouldn't have let some other rookie fly off to get their visa and miss a few days of practice, almost a week of practice if I remember correctly. I know they made an exception for Jinelle, but she was supposed to be back in time for training camp and then that whole medical issue happened.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

This is one of the finalists, Jasmine. I love how spunky she is! 

I like her power and look, but Judy is going to pick apart her technique. I hope she gets her puppy dog hands under control. Straighten those arms and wrists! Honestly trying to HELP, not just criticize, before these girls hit training camp.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy said she finally saw what Kelli saw in Keyra in the last episode. In the case of Yuko, I think it is Kelli and Charlotte who like her so much and want her to stay.

I agree, and I also think that they like the fact that YUKO is  the only international DCC now that Jinelle is retiring. I don't think any other internationals are in finals. I could be wrong. However,  Kashara could be considered international with that freakin accent she over exaggerates.

• Love 1

Some new topics were created: Finals/Training Camp Finals Training Camp Spoilers Only and Season 13 Speculation  Please read each purpose carefully. Social media is considered spoilers, so make sure you're posting in the right area. And yes, it is fine to link to the Social Media of the show participants - they are free to change their privacy settings should they wish, but if they leave them public, that's fair game for discussion. However, no posting home addresses or pics of homes is allowed. 

What is not ok is the continual ongoing discussion about posters and how they post. Many posts were removed for this and even after that mass removal the conversation continues. It stops now. Talk about the dancers, not yourselves and how you or others post. This topic is being locked as it is no longer needed with the three new topics.

• Love 5