Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

This site is a place where the fans can come and discuss the episodes of the show! Love this site, especially when watching the show in real time, where the fans can discuss together what everyone is watching!  I’m impressed again with the details some of the fans provide with the tryout lists and the candidates when they make it to finals.  Without the fans, there would be no show.

There will be rumors, gossip and behind the scenes info!  

No need to be sensitive.  Not everyone needs to like everyone.  What one person thinks there will be at least 3 people that think the opposite...whether someone looks fat, too skinny, bad hair or just can’t dance.  

Dance away!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Probably the same way that people here get fired up when one random person in the dance community comes in and says everyone here is a pizza eating cat lady sitting in the basement of their parents' house lol does anyone like strangers judging them off one or two things that they post on the internet?  And these girls are on emotional roller coasters and probably have been getting nitpicked already for weeks. it's a free country and a free forum so snark away, i'm not trying to dictate at all what people should post, but i don't think it should come at ANY surprise that girls cry over reading here that they are too fat,not hd ready and a bad dancer. they'll grow their tough skin :) but i'm sure it's still a shock to read stuff about yourself like this for the first time.  just my thoughts. 

No one is forcing them to come here and read. They should put down their device and stay off this message board! Make your social media private. Super easy fix.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

DING DING DING

You broadcast your entire life on social media, you take the good, the bad, and the ugly. No one knows how to keep anything private anymore, and then they get all boo hoo hoo and passive aggressive when people get critical. Gimme a break. 

Plus it seems like every time they go on a trip they spend the entire vacation videoing and taking selfies even when they are not doing the YouTube videos.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Ok. Prepare the tomatoes.... I kinda like Victoria. It will be added bonus if she does diva it out. Buuutttt.... I liked Cassie too. 

Edited to add: I hope Dayton makes it. I think her mom will help her be a leader and an ambassador that will be needed.

Edited by pizzaislife
Add more
  • Love 7

I also just think there’s a difference between posting some awful comment on someone’s Instagram, and coming here and giving specific feedback and criticism of the girls/show, whether it be negative or positive. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I like VK and DB, and their different styles of dance. I think they have the potential to get the DCC style down. I would be super sad for either one if one makes it and the other doesn’t. 

Also, much like evil Mommy Twitter and the ones who get picked on by the Alpha psycho moms, don't hashtag certain things you don’t want to be associated with and then picked apart for not being one of the “popular” ones.  I would never upload a video of my solo (HA! YOU ALL WISH, BUY ME SOME ROSÉ AND I TOTALLY WILL THO) and hashtag DCC if I wasn’t at Jenna K/Lacey/Robin/Any Holly levels. Because I would die if someone made a single negative comment. They need to chill. Chill out, come here and tell us about their experience. 

I think Cassie, Victoria, and Dayton are great dancers. 

P.s. don’t come for unless you’re bringing me that rosé ?

Edited by Cappuccinagina
Don’t want admins checking me
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

No one is forcing them to come here and read. They should put down their device and stay off this message board! Make your social media private. Super easy fix.

that's why i said, this is a free country and free forum.  i'm not saying you need to check what you write here.  i'm just saying i don't get why people here are so baffled that feelings are hurt by comments here - sometimes they don't know what they are stumbling into. hence why many delete their pages or DO go private immediately after. 

on top of that, half the time i don't think they are even referring to people here.  there are loads of nasty comments made on the dcc fb page and ig page. 

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I personally don't see how these girls take our words so personally. I mean they should take our opinions for a grain of salt.?‍♀️

I’m so with you, I mean, you are on a REALITY show. It’s not like we are a bunch of weirdo’s digging up high school dance team vids and crapping on them.

We are looking at the self-described “best of the best” and giving our opinions, and pretty nicely at that. Dance experience or no, we’ve watched enough of this show to know who they aren’t going to like (although I’m still totally mystified at the recipe for being one of those they love) and why. This (excellent dancer and likely all-around lovely person) person didn’t make it. I don’t think the OP was in anyway rude and I don’t think anyone here is outright mean. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Ok. Prepare the tomatoes.... I kinda like Victoria. It will be added bonus if she does diva it out. Buuutttt.... I liked Cassie too. 

Edited to add: I hope Dayton makes it. I think her mom will help her be a leader and an ambassador that will be needed.

i like victoria too, bring on the tomatoes.  i thought she looked like a living barbie doll at auditions!  i think the daughters are just in a lose/lose situation.  if they show up looking perfect and dancing flawless it's 'ugh, of course they do, they have the inside track to everything and every resource, such an unfair advantage'.  if they show up looking less than a 1o and not nailing every move it's 'omg i can't believe they expect to just waltz on to the squad!'  so good for VIc and Dayton for keeping their heads down, ignoring chatter and just doing their thing.  they've got that thick skin going on.  i think that should be applauded.  

• Love 17
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

P.s. don’t come for unless you’re bringing me that rosé ?

Not from me.  Nor will I throw 'maters.  The varying opinions keep it interesting.  ;o)

But I am glad I escaped the social media draw during my dance/performing days.  You definitely need to be prepared if you plan on keeping your profile public.  Many do because the high followings translate into collabs, getting an agent and even sponsor deals that if done correctly, can and do advance careers.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 3

Am I correct that Julia Fife didn't try out for DCC again this year? I'm assuming she, like Sheridan, decided to stay with the Mavs? she was one of my faves last year but i guess i don't blame her for wanting to stay with Mavs. Actually, did many of this year's past Mavs squad try out?? 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Probably the same way that people here get fired up when one random person in the dance community comes in and says everyone here is a pizza eating cat lady sitting in the basement of their parents' house lol does anyone like strangers judging them off one or two things that they post on the internet?  And these girls are on emotional roller coasters and probably have been getting nitpicked already for weeks. it's a free country and a free forum so snark away, i'm not trying to dictate at all what people should post, but i don't think it should come at ANY surprise that girls cry over reading here that they are too fat,not hd ready and a bad dancer. they'll grow their tough skin :) but i'm sure it's still a shock to read stuff about yourself like this for the first time.  just my thoughts. 

i am still willing to withold final judgment on Vic for now. She's def going to be featured because it's a big deal that she's the daughter of someone featured once prominently on the show AND she's been so visible the past two years on social media/in classes.  unless she blanked out on the combo i cant see any reason why all the judges would not put her thru to finals? but again, i'm purposely not trying to get inside info this year so i really can't say for sure.

and maybe Dayton is really focused on making it this year and doesn't want the drama of having to be on camera constantly with Victoria? 

Well spoken!!

• Love 2

I think I like Dayton... I also think I saw her at Chick-fil-A in Dallas recently and she looked great (if that was her). I haven't formed an opinion on Victoria yet... But if the stories about the things she said at auditions are true, she won't be high on my list

• Love 3

Cassie turned out to be a decent dancer. She wasn't at first. She really should not have made it to semi finals that first year. I also think Cassie was a super mean girl. From what I understand, the season where Taylor, the crazy diet girl, was called out by Cassie at practice during training camp, was because Sydney Durso did not like Taylor, and they wanted

her to get cut. Ally T was a mean girl as well. Being Judy's daughter, she was going to get away with everything, and she did. So I would hold on, because Victoria will end up being

the same. She may be able to dance, but I see her being all drama and all about herself. Kind of like her mom is when she has been featured on the show.Now Dayton, I pray to God she makes it!!! Plus, I like her mom!!! She seems very nice.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well Kelsey if you are reading this please rescind your resignation.  You got your bacon good and crispy without burning yourself or any of the other girls.  I will miss you.  Please continue to keep your clothes on in your photos.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 14

Kelsey could have been talking about anything. People post mean comments on the dcc Facebook page too. I find it interesting though that a couple months ago some guy commented on Kelsey's instagram that her boobs were too small, and she replied "bye Felicia" then promptly got a boob job. But you know, never let anyone make you feel "less than"

she is still one of my favorites though, I'm sorry to see her go.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Am I correct that Julia Fife didn't try out for DCC again this year? I'm assuming she, like Sheridan, decided to stay with the Mavs? she was one of my faves last year but i guess i don't blame her for wanting to stay with Mavs. Actually, did many of this year's past Mavs squad try out?? 

No one from the current mavs squad tried out 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

Cassie turned out to be a decent dancer. She wasn't at first. She really should not have made it to semi finals that first year. I also think Cassie was a super mean girl. From what I understand, the season where Taylor, the crazy diet girl, was called out by Cassie at practice during training camp, was because Sydney Durso did not like Taylor, and they wanted

her to get cut. Ally T was a mean girl as well. Being Judy's daughter, she was going to get away with everything, and she did. So I would hold on, because Victoria will end up being

the same. She may be able to dance, but I see her being all drama and all about herself. Kind of like her mom is when she has been featured on the show.Now Dayton, I pray to God she makes it!!! Plus, I like her mom!!! She seems very nice.

Ashley T didn’t seem thrilled with Taylor either when she was working with her.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Sure the internet is a scary place... when you don’t like what you’re seeing. Otherwise, rock on with your blogs and YouTube funding your vacations and lifestyle, am I right?

I could not agree more. As someone who has a few years on these girls, I can say that you need a thick skin in life. If your self worth is determined by what others think, on a message board, internet, or even IRL, you're not going to be very happy in life.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No one from the current mavs squad tried out 

wow! that's pretty impressive to me.  they did seem to have a great dynamic this year.  

20 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I love Jasmin!  She's going to be one of my faves if she makes it to TC ! 

i like her too! 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

wow! that's pretty impressive to me.  they did seem to have a great dynamic this year.  

i like her too! 

I think Mavs auditions will be really difficult this year! Everyone seemed to really enjoy their year and I don’t see any of them choosing not to reaudition! I don’t think there will be too many open spots 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Jennv said:

Kelsey could have been talking about anything. People post mean comments on the dcc Facebook page too. I find it interesting though that a couple months ago some guy commented on Kelsey's instagram that her boobs were too small, and she replied "bye Felicia" then promptly got a boob job. But you know, never let anyone make you feel "less than"

she is still one of my favorites though, I'm sorry to see her go.

Exactly!  trust me when i say Kelsey personally has very thick skin;  she has been aware of these boards for years and stuff here has never phased her.  that said, she realizes some girls have not developed it yet and I thought her speaking up and reminding them to be confident was awesome.  as it's been noted, FB typically has way more mean comments right on pics of the girls!! and twitter and IG are not kind either.  she was 100% not referring specifically to these boards, she knows a lot of people here are fans first.  As for her boob job, i think the bye felicia was more to the fact that some guy was giving his unwanted opinion on her body, not that she may have disagreed.  haha forgive me please, i can't help standing up for Kelsey! She is a 10 as a person and not just in looks. i already miss her on the squad!! 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

This is one of the finalists, Jasmine. I love how spunky she is! 

I agree!!! They will polish up her moves a little, but she has the power and projection already!!! Seems like her kicks are high too. Yay!!!

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I think Mavs auditions will be really difficult this year! Everyone seemed to really enjoy their year and I don’t see any of them choosing not to reaudition! I don’t think there will be too many open spots 

Says a lot ....because there are usually a few every year that try out for the DCC.  I like following them as well as DCC.

32 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

I agree!!! They will polish up her moves a little, but she has the power and projection already!!! Seems like her kicks are high too. Yay!!!

Yep...and she has the looks as well.  A total package as they would say :) 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashley T didn’t seem thrilled with Taylor either when she was working with her.

Taylor was someone who had my sympathy the first time around, but completely lost it upon rewatch. She seems like a complete PITA, always had an excuse ready, immature, etc. Another one who should have gone the Showgirl route, matured through college then pursued DCC once she was done if still interested. 

I had hoped she would go that way, but I recall her insta being a dramatic mess. Hopefully she’s grown out of that...she’s not the only one of us who was absolutely ridiculous at 18 ?

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I'm w/ you. I don't personally know either one of them, so I can't purport like others have on here to dislike either one of them. They seem to be following their dreams, so best of luck to them.

9 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

that's why i said, this is a free country and free forum.  i'm not saying you need to check what you write here.  i'm just saying i don't get why people here are so baffled that feelings are hurt by comments here - sometimes they don't know what they are stumbling into. hence why many delete their pages or DO go private immediately after. 

on top of that, half the time i don't think they are even referring to people here.  there are loads of nasty comments made on the dcc fb page and ig page. 

True. I think people on here tend to look for "hidden meanings" in things that likely have nothing to do w/ this board. Yes, they're all aware of it, but everything isn't directed towards it.

1 hour ago, Kayce said:

I love Jasmin!  She's going to be one of my faves if she makes it to TC ! 

She's so cute! I love her style and I hope to see more of her.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Taylor was someone who had my sympathy the first time around, but completely lost it upon rewatch. She seems like a complete PITA, always had an excuse ready, immature, etc. Another one who should have gone the Showgirl route, matured through college then pursued DCC once she was done if still interested. 

I had hoped she would go that way, but I recall her insta being a dramatic mess. Hopefully she’s grown out of that...she’s not the only one of us who was absolutely ridiculous at 18 ?

SAME.  I actually have respect now for Ally and Cassie for speaking up about her and saying what every other vet was thinking and agreed with.  Taylor was not a favorite. 

I have faith now that she has matured all these years later. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha forgive me please, i can't help standing up for Kelsey! She is a 10 as a person and not just in looks. i already miss her on the squad!! 

I agree!  I love Kelsey and Brodie!  I have followed them both for awhile on Youtube.   Gimme some more 50 yard Kelsey!!  I will definitely miss seeing her on MTT :) 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, wingsandlevijeans said:

Expect a full back story on VK. I had a friend there and they said she was getting interviewed and was filming additional scenes. 

That’s exactly what I was thinking. No way are they not doing a story on her. Can’t wait for the new season <insert HUGE eyeroll>.

• Love 1

I didn’t see Kelsey’s ig story, but I also don’t think it was necessarily about the board. People ARE mean on the internet. I also don’t have an issue with what she said. I mean, “don’t let people on the internet make you feel bad about yourself” is a sentiment I totally agree with. Now, the easiest way to do that is to control your social media accounts and to avoid discussion boards where you may be discussed, but regardless, it’s not bad advice!

Now, as far as the board goes, people should remember that this board/website grew out of TWOP after it closed, which stood for Television Without Pity. It was known for being snarky. That was a large part of its draw. It’s a discussion board, not a feel-good-let’s all talk about how much we love everyone- fan board. To the extent that the board had become something that all of these girls follow and get their feelings hurt, that’s a shame, and I hope these girls understand that the only people that they need to be impressing are K&J and Charlotte. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. No way are they not doing a story on her. Can’t wait for the new season <insert HUGE eyeroll>.

My hope is it'll end up being like the Courtney Johnson situation.  We were all so afraid it was going to be the Courtney show and she'd be annoying but most ended up really liking Courtney and the coverage wasn't too over the top.  

• Love 3

I’m still withholding judgment on Victoria. It’s clear that there are people who don’t like her, and it’s very easy to start a rumor that she made certain comments or that the judges were forced to take her. Could be true, could not be, so I’ll continue to wait to form an opinion on her. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m still withholding judgment on Victoria. It’s clear that there are people who don’t like her, and it’s very easy to start a rumor that she made certain comments or that the judges were forced to take her. Could be true, could not be, so I’ll continue to wait to form an opinion on her. 

Same here.  I really don't know anything about her (other than she's TK's daughter and TK and KM are bffs)  and I haven't watched her videos.  I will hold off forming any opinions on her.  Dayton, on the other hand, I have been following her.  I really like this young lady and I hope to at least see her in TC.  

• Love 5

I know people will disagree with me but I thought Victoria looked beautiful in the photos. She has worked her tail off for years. In my opinion that shows a level of maturity. She didn’t just walk in without doing the work. You cannot make this team without some confidence. 

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Sure the internet is a scary place... when you don’t like what you’re seeing. Otherwise, rock on with your blogs and YouTube funding your vacations and lifestyle, am I right?

So...much...THIS!!!  If it's so damn scary, get your annoying, thirsty, chewy bacon ass the hell off the internet.

11 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

You broadcast your entire life on social media, you take the good, the bad, and the ugly. No one knows how to keep anything private anymore, and then they get all boo hoo hoo and passive aggressive when people get critical. Gimme a break. 

Yes!  Like here...if you don't like what someone says, there's the ignore function...on other social media, there is the option to go private, but as you say, they just don't use it. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

it’s very easy to start a rumor that she made certain comments or that the judges were forced to take her

Without rereading, I think the rumor is that she said her mom was a DCC so she has nothing to worry about.  Maybe she did say it, but maybe it's been taken out of context.  I'm not necessarily a fan of her dancing, but I don't think she's satan either :)

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Without rereading, I think the rumor is that she said her mom was a DCC so she has nothing to worry about.  Maybe she did say it, but maybe it's been taken out of context.  I'm not necessarily a fan of her dancing, but I don't think she's satan either :)

Well her mom being a former DCC alone doesn't help, remember that girl that tried out a couple of years ago but didn't make it past semis. Her mom was a DCC.

Edited by Cody701
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

THIS.

13 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

Well her mom being a DCC alone doesn't help, remember that girl that tried out a couple of years ago but didn't make it past semis. Her mom was a DCC.

That girl had pornographic pictures floating around the internet, so she wasn’t going to make it regardless.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Raccoon said:
21 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

THIS.

33 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

Well her mom being a DCC alone doesn't help, remember that girl that tried out a couple of years ago but didn't make it past semis. Her mom was a DCC.

That girl had pornographic pictures floating around the internet, so she wasn’t going to make it regardless.

Well that's classy...?. 

Edited by Cody701
Getting off topic
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Off topic but as far as Sydney Durso, can't stand her

This is the 2018 DCC Audition Speculation thread. Sydney’s been gone for years and as far as I’ve seen, won’t be re-auditioning! 

Edited by Cowboysfan16
Spell check!
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

This is the 2018 DCC Audition Specualtion thread. Sydney’s been gone for years and as far as I’ve seen, won’t be re-auditioning! 

That's why I said off topic...I know that...but we were discussing former DCC's in here for a moment anyways.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

That’s true... we are actually mostly nice. I can’t even look at the Facebook page and Instagram comments. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I agree. I definitely did not feel she was ready, and was a bit of a hot mess, butI just knew Cassie and Sydney had it out for her regardless.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

That’s true... we are actually mostly nice. I can’t even look at the Facebook page and Instagram comments. 

IMO, those are often infinitely worse.

• Love 7

I thought Taylor should not have been brought into TC period, but if Cassie and Sydney had it out for her, it should not have been brought up on the show. It does look like if Cassie did not like a girl for some reason, she goes to Judy and chances are something was done about it. I do believe the rumors about Cassie and Judy getting Olivia S. cut at finals because *gasp* Olivia stood up to Cassie because Cassie was complaining the one year vets were getting more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot. Makes me wonder if the girls did not care for Cassie at all behind the scenes, but they kept their mouths shut because they knew if they spoke out they could be off the team. Kelli can go on and on about how the girls love each other and it all is about sisterhood, but you cannot tell me there is not backstabbing behind close doors. Just like the rumors of Jenna ratting out Erica to save her spot on the team. I believe it did happen. Kelli and Judy do seem to love girls who are willing to rat out someone in order to save face because they want the world to know the DCC are the perfect All American girls. They have their favorites who can get away with things as long as they play the game.