Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I really want the team to get a new fresh blonde! Like Brittany Evans, and Evan Anderson! I have other girls on my “rooting” list but I really want one of these blondes to make it through!

Reiley Kaye @reileykaye

Daphne @daph7

Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady

Lauren Chapman @laurenec7

Taylor @taytauss

Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Collette1104 said:

Where did the new thread with the list go?! 

Anyone else debating not following who gets into TC? Obviously not on this board, but might be fun to have the show be a surprise. Last season was the first time I thought to peek to see, and it made the show slightly less enjoyable (slightly!!) 

I’m considering it! At the very least, I’ll stop following this page after auditions so I don’t know who gets cut from TC. I’d like to stop following before TCCs are announced but it might be too hard to resist 

• Love 2
(edited)

I am more interested in the vets than the TC Candidates. Not saying I do not want to know which finalists make it to TC along with the vets, but it is hard to follow the TC Candidates without knowing more information about them. I still will watch the show this season even if I know who finally makes the team. Hopefully we will get 13 episodes this season, and they will focus more on finals than prelims and semi-finals.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am more interested in the vets than the TC Candidates. Not saying I do not want to know which finalists make it to TC along with the vets, but it is hard to follow the TC Candidates without knowing more information about them. I still will watch the show this season even if I know who finally makes the team. Hopefully we will get 13 episodes this season, and they will focus more on finals than prelims and semi-finals.

Agreed!

32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

thanks !

(edited)

I try not to read about TC and the girls, but it is hard not to. *lol* The drama from last year's TC was interesting, but after a while, I did not want to hear about it or discuss it. This year it could be interesting due to 1/3 of the squad retiring or leaving during the season, or the rumors of Kalyssa being cut. I wonder if Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte will be a little tougher with the returning vets and TC Candidates during Training Camp because of all drama and one vet and two rookies leaving during the season. To be a fly on the wall.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

These are the comments she had screenshot and posted on her story. 

IMG_8367.PNG

OK I feel bad because they were mainly my comments. MKDomino if you do look at this forum again - apologies. You're a really good dancer and you have tons of potential - it was a very good solo and you SHOULD feel proud of having worked so hard to put it together. I genuinely think with some polishing you'd be a great candidate for DCC as all of the bullet points I listed are definitely things you can work on. Hopefully you do work on it and come back next year - I personally would be rooting for you. 

13 hours ago, TrashPanda said:

I just want to say this...first, We know that the Cowboys Organization knows about us (shout out to @ShellyB) and we all know girls read this board. 

Yeh it was mentioned on on of the podcasts. I guess we all shout at the TV and this forum is an extension of that! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I totally agree with you, @bigskygirl.  While I'd at least like to know which new girls make it to TC (and eventually the squad), this year I want to know which vets get cut, dang it!  LOL.  I know this is REALLLLY evil of me, but I want to see Christina's face if (ahem, hopefully when) she gets cut.  She's the one vet-candidate who annoys me the most that she made the squad over other girls.  I would love to see as many episodes as last season, but just one episode for pre-lims and semis, then a full episode (with less wardrobe talk) for Finals.  That would give us at least one additional episode for other things this year.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I totally agree with you, @bigskygirl.  While I'd at least like to know which new girls make it to TC (and eventually the squad), this year I want to know which vets get cut, dang it!  LOL.  I know this is REALLLLY evil of me, but I want to see Christina's face if (ahem, hopefully when) she gets cut.  She's the one vet-candidate who annoys me the most that she made the squad over other girls.  I would love to see as many episodes as last season, but just one episode for pre-lims and semis, then a full episode (with less wardrobe talk) for Finals.  That would give us at least one additional episode for other things this year.

I like Christina. There are a few girls I think may be on the ole cut bubble this year (a few I would not mind being cut.)

And for those of us who do not remember the yes, maybe, no vote for the girls:

http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-auditions-criteria-judges-use-select-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders/

Edited by bigskygirl
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They could have use Holly, Erica or Kalyssa for a picture. *whistles*

you just made me choke on my coffee !! :) 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I am a few days behind reading, but in the link above there is a pic of Shelley in the background..so she was there at auditions. 

Curious which photo showed Shelly since her Insta live showed her being in Grand Cayman and she sent a text to Dayton May 6th congratulating her on her advancement.  Maybe I missed something?

daytonbramhall_6_5_2018_17_8_7_101.jpg

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Curious which photo showed Shelly since her Insta live showed her being in Grand Cayman and she sent a text to Dayton May 6th congratulating her on her advancement.  Maybe I missed something?

It is number 5 of 50 photos....i saved it but it won’t let me post...pretty sure it was her...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2018/05/07/dcc-auditions-day-1-presented-tangerine-salon?sf189055566=1

Maybe she was there the 1st day and then went on vacation

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

she was there the first day.  She didn't leave until second day of auditions.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Cody701 said:

I hope this doesn't mean Molly is retiring...they have only done this for retirees. I can't get it on here, but it was just posted on twitter

I know... i just saw it.  They did do one early on for Lacey but Lacey is returning . I just can't imagine she'd be leaving. 

4BBC8D37-0738-48E4-8461-B58B11121567.jpeg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

And I believe we’ve now come full circle on MKDomino, bc I’m pretty sure that’s her!  :-)

No, I don't think that's her. She wore a different attire.

1 minute ago, Cody701 said:

No, I don't think that's her. She wore a different attire.

I was referring to the lady in the pantsuit being Shelly B.  Not sure where the MK reference came in :) 

• Love 1
Just now, Kayce said:

I was referring to the lady in the pantsuit being Shelly B.  Not sure where the MK reference came in :) 

MKDomino is the girl who posted her solo to instagram and took it down because of us, right?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm sorry to see that my favorite Spurs dancer, Brianna Arredondo (@briannarennae), didn't make it to finals.  She's gorgeous, a great dancer and has performance experience.  :(

I'm honestly suprised by some of the girls that did not make it to finals. I trust Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy to make the right decisions, but IMO there were some GREAT girls that I think they have should taken. (Christi, Madi, etc.)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

MKDomino is the girl who posted her solo to instagram and took it down because of us, right?

I think so.  I've not followed the MK Domino conversation too closely. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I'm honestly suprised by some of the girls that did not make it to finals. I trust Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy to make the right decisions, but IMO there were some GREAT girls that I think they have should taken. (Christi, Madi, etc.)

Cristi I'm not sure about but I did hear Madi blanked out on the routine near the beginning of it. :( 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

So did Grace Patterson (AAIA and finalist 2017) not audition?  I know I kept seeing that she planned on it.  

I recall seeing her in a photo...if she did audition she did not make finals

Edited by Cody701
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know it is unlikely, but I wish they would bring back the Fan Vote, just so we could see a little bit of the girl's skills. I personally do not feel that a picture helps know who would make a great DCC. 

Edited by Cody701
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Kayce said:

So did Grace Patterson (AAIA and finalist 2017) not audition?  I know I kept seeing that she planned on it.  

If you look back on page 27 I asked if Grace and Marissa were related.  I had seen a pix of them together the first day of auditions.  She got cut the first day, wonder why?  She made it to finals last year.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

If you look back on page 27 I asked if Grace and Marissa were related.  I had seen a pix of them together the first day of auditions.  She got cut the first day, wonder why?  She made it to finals last year.

THE FIRST DAY!!!! I mean I personally don't think she has the look, but that's still a shocker.

Edited by Cody701
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cody701 said:

I recall seeing her in a photo...if she did audition she did not make finals

24 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

THE FIRST DAY!!!! I mean I personally don't think she has the look, but that's still a shocker.

That surprises me as well since she did make it to finals last year. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kayce said:

That surprises me as well since she did make it to finals last year. 

I think every year they say that they don't want to proceed with someone who isn't as good -if not better- than last year. I guess the same happened to Christi as well.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2018 at 3:04 PM, sleepyjean said:

I really think Victoria and Dayton could both benefit from a couple of years on a college dance team. Assuming both are doing college. I know Dayton went off to U of Arizona but moved back to Texas before the end of the school year. I think she transferred to a local community college, but I may be wrong about that.  I don't think Victoria plans on college. I saw something on Tina's social media a while back that made me think that wasn't the plan for her, and I think Victoria would've posted something herself if she was going to a specific school.

I dont know if someone has commented on this..I'm playing catch up. I remember seeing a post on VK page that she got accepted to a college in Texas...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I dont know if someone has commented on this..I'm playing catch up. I remember seeing a post on VK page that she got accepted to a college in Texas...

Yes someone mentioned that she got into TCU but may postpone college if she makes the team

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Yes someone mentioned that she got into TCU but may postpone college if she makes the team

It’s not really my concern, but why on earth could a girl not be a DCC and take undergrad classes at the same time? I mean, if one wants to be in a sorority and be super involved with social life on campus, then I get it, but otherwise....I don’t think there is any time in life other  than maybe retirement (I wouldn’t know that yet) where you have more free time than as an undergrad.

• Love 5
Just now, Jess14 said:

It’s not really my concern, but why on earth could a girl not be a DCC and take undergrad classes at the same time? I mean, if one wants to be in a sorority and be super involved with social life on campus, then I get it, but otherwise....I don’t think there is any time in life other  than maybe retirement (I wouldn’t know that yet) where you have more free time than as an undergrad.

Well for one thing, TCU is in Fort Worth. That would be a heck of a drive to Frisco 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Well for one thing, TCU is in Fort Worth. That would be a heck of a drive to Frisco 

I’m not super familiar with the Dallas area, so I’ll take your word for it that it would be a terrible drive. I live in Atlanta, which probably rivals Dallas is hellish traffic, so I have sympathy for anyone who has to criss-cross big metro areas. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm sorry to see that my favorite Spurs dancer, Brianna Arredondo (@briannarennae), didn't make it to finals.  She's gorgeous, a great dancer and has performance experience.  :(

So sad. I love all the Spurs dancers!  But it seems that this year there is actually a very strong audition class. Most are ex college pom girls. It doesnt surprise me that girls that made finals last year didnt get past prelims or semis this year! 

• Love 2