Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Dayton is so pretty , but she needs to step it up! I know she can do it!!! come on girl, I want to see you In that uniform!

Edited by mcmrdh
mispelled a word
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

By getting in touch with Jay, if K&J know this, they see that the cheerleader in question is addressing the situation. If that cheerleader did  not get in touch with Jay ASAP,  K&J take a dim view of it. Plus, if they DO go to Jay, work out like crazy and get bigger/gain, it is a total Catch 22.

@ByTor and @MrsEVH, I stand corrected.

Maybe the best bet is to go to Jay and ALSO do whatever workout you know works for you :)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I also think Brooke was called out for gaining weight when she was training with him.  All of that weight training does burn calories like crazy for some, but not all; aerobic training burns calories like crazy for some (like me) but not all.  I think Jay's philosophy was too "one size fits all."

Was that season 1 (2006)?  Brooke, Kandi, and Ryan Ray all were called in for weight and Ryan got cut. Did all 3 work with Jay?

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

By getting in touch with Jay, if K&J know this, they see that the cheerleader in question is addressing the situation. If that cheerleader did  not get in touch with Jay ASAP,  K&J take a dim view of it. Plus, if they DO go to Jay, work out like crazy and get bigger/gain, it is a total Catch 22.

@ByTor and @MrsEVH, I stand corrected.

In season 1 TCC Victoria was told to get in touch with Jay but I don't think she did. Kelli really loved her dancing but she got cut for weight.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

Dayton is so pretty , but she needs to step it up! I know she can do it!!! come on girl, I want to see you In that uniform!

If she is taking lyrical or ballet classes, she needs to stop that ish right away. Hit it hard with the hip hop! 

27 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I also think Brooke was called out for gaining weight when she was training with him.  All of that weight training does burn calories like crazy for some, but not all; aerobic training burns calories like crazy for some (like me) but not all.  I think Jay's philosophy was too "one size fits all."

Was that season 1 (2006)?  Brooke, Kandi, and Ryan Ray all were called in for weight and Ryan got cut. Did all 3 work with Jay?

Yeah, it was the season Brooke was in TC as a rookie.  I don't remember whether the others worked with Jay.  I'd go back & rewatch but I'm not allowed, CMT was letting me log in using my Facebook account, now they're only doing cable providers & Xfinity isn't on the list :(

The episode where Kelli mentions that Hannah was on weight warning was in season 8 it could have been the first time she was called in the office and wasn't cut, but I think it was during the uniform size checks which we usually don't see on the show being done with the veterans, when Kelli was saying how much much heavier she was than last year and that she had weight warnings last season. We didn't see the actual warnings. But mainly the reason Hannah was cut and the others were given a chance is she had appearances scheduled in June and that was a few weeks away and I think the show group girls are doing performances and appearances even off season, so the other girls had some time to get the weight off before the football season started. I thought Schrahm was on show group her final year but I am not sure.  Anyway, I have seen pics of Hannah recently and she looks better than she did at auditions rookie year.

I think I know which episode you're referring to. The one where Hannah, Veronica, and possibly Brittney Schramm were called out plus they said former TBBC Meagan P had a "thutt".  Veronica, Brittney, and Courtney ( also former TBBC) were "suggested " to try  My Fit Foods but not Hannah. Was this scene /episode shown before or after Hannah was called in and had her uniform taken away? I remember her saying she wasn't making fitness a priority (don't know exact quote) which probably annoyed Kelli.). 

The My fit Foods was after she had been called in and taken out of appearances. I just watched that season. But it also seems like it was shown out of sequence on the show from when it actually happened. I remember Veronica saying something that didn't add up with the time line of things. It was like My Fit foods was mentioned when she was first called in, then they did the uniform check and she got in trouble but it wasn' mentioned, then they all three were called in and it was mentioned again but it was like it was the first time or something. It was weird and just seemed off to me. 

I think Hannah did look like she had gained a decent amount of weight and was not uniform ready, but Kelli just seemed like she was over her. Her attitude with Veronica was night and day from how she acted with Hannah.  It’s just easy to see when Kelli doesn’t care for someone, and that is the vibe I got. It may be because Hannah didn’t appear to play the “this is the most important thing ever in my life,” game or start weeping, and she actually seemed a bit flippant over the whole thing. I get where she was coming from (and she may have not intended to give off that impression), but I’m not sure it played well.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6

It’s nutrition, too. Hard to out-cardio too many patio nights in uptown. Jay is all about his boot camp style fitness, but was also a really strong advocate for healthy eating. If you’re living on lean meats and greens, cutting out booze and working out, you’ll lose the weight. I think (like any of us) many of the DCC want to have it all, and not every body’s metabolism works like way. 

All of these ladies are super active, it’s the nature of a dancer. So when they’re having weight issues, adding an hour on the elliptical on top of five hours of dancing seems like a drop in the bucket when they can live on eggs, chicken and kale for a week or two instead.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think Hannah did look like she had gained a decent amount of weight and was not uniform ready, but Kelli just seemed like she was over her. Her attitude with Veronica was night and day from how she acted with Hannah.  It’s just easy to see when Kelli doesn’t care for someone, and that is the vibe I got. It may be because Hannah didn’t appear to play the “this is the most important thing ever in my life,” game or start weeping, and she actually seemed a bit flippant over the whole thing. I get where she was coming from (and she may have not intended to give off that impression), but I’m not sure it played well.

IIRC Hannah said to Kelli that she could focus more on weight loss now she had finished her college/college exams. I agree that implying she thought college took priority over DCC skinniness did NOT play well with Kelli. Have to admit I love it when the girls sass Kelli like that. 

• Love 5

Based on posts from DCC prep class last night, here in the current prospective audition list

Prospective:

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Based on posts from DCC prep class last night, here in the current prospective audition list

Prospective:

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Madi and Mary Kate are a former DSIGs. 

Heather is a current Marshalls Darling Deputy.

Molly is a former Phoenix Suns Dancer 

Grace Patterson is a current AA Ice Angel. 

Lindsay and Minerva are former Spurs Silver Dancers.

Can't believe Cristi Fisher is trying out again: I just don' think she has the DCC look. What about her friend/IA teammate  Carly?

Are any of the current Mavs Dancers auditioning? Last year a lot of girls left the team and some went to the MDC.

Edited by MrsEVH

I would really like to see Brittney Vodde-Overstreet audition again and at least make it to training camp.

And I really really really hope they make an effort to take some good individual photos of the finalists this year. I know Shelly did the best she could last year, but they did not turn out well. Surely one of the many professional photographers who are there on that day could take a break from shooting candids for an hour to do the job.

5a5a6cd072ac3_2017Americans_BrittneyVoddeOverstreet.thumb.jpg.1b211ed446f8cdf7237158093417759e.jpg

31 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I would really like to see Brittney Vodde-Overstreet audition again and at least make it to training camp.

And I really really really hope they make an effort to take some good individual photos of the finalists this year. I know Shelly did the best she could last year, but they did not turn out well. Surely one of the many professional photographers who are there on that day could take a break from shooting candids for an hour to do the job.

5a5a6cd072ac3_2017Americans_BrittneyVoddeOverstreet.thumb.jpg.1b211ed446f8cdf7237158093417759e.jpg

Would love to see her make the DCC.  Here's an older article about her hip problem; could be why she has low kicks.

https://prodancecheer.com/?p=13120

They don't have bios anymore on the IA website. Just wondering where you got that picture?

Edited by MrsEVH
49 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I LOVE HER!! she was one of my top picks to make it last year...i really think it's her kicks because i heard she did really well at auditions this year.  She's just gorgeous. Taryn's roommate too so maybe she can give her TC tips lol 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I LOVE HER!! she was one of my top picks to make it last year...i really think it's her kicks because i heard she did really well at auditions this year.  She's just gorgeous. Taryn's roommate too so maybe she can give her TC tips lol 

Ugh, Taryn should have made it!  They could say till the cows come home that she doesn't have the infamous DCC "look", but I think she's just as pretty if not prettier than many of the current DCCs.  Is she auditioning again?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Haven't seen too many prep class videos yet as it's still early, but this girl is powerful and fun to watch!!

I agree. She's powerful and graceful at the same time. She's great.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Ugh, Taryn should have made it!  They could say till the cows come home that she doesn't have the infamous DCC "look", but I think she's just as pretty if not prettier than many of the current DCCs.  Is she auditioning again?

Sorry to disagree, but I do not think she had the dance talent to be a DCC. She was the lowest ranked TC Candidate and in my opinion, was darn lucky to make it into TC.

On 1/11/2018 at 4:28 PM, ByTor said:

Maybe the best bet is to go to Jay and ALSO do whatever workout you know works for you :)

One word: Overtraining. 

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

WOW! She's positively gorgeous! 

As for Christi Fisher, she has a body that goes on for days, but she is not all that, face-wise.

Edited by tinabee1967
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

They showed a clip of her and others doing  the kickline at the 2016 auditions and her kicks were low. Kelli even made a comment about having to pass on a few because of kicks.

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Pretty girl but my God what ugly uniforms. Linebacker shoulders on girls who are not big. Ugh.

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sorry to disagree, but I do not think she had the dance talent to be a DCC. She was the lowest ranked TC Candidate and in my opinion, was darn lucky to make it into TC.

Oh don't be sorry, we all have our opinions and our favorites.  I personally would rather see Taryn than someone like Savannah & Rachel.

• Love 5

Who is Savannah and Rachel? I think Taryn would have been an one and done girl. The only girls on the squad I hope try out again and make it back are Jinelle, Lacey, Robin. KaShara, Maggie, Heather, Amy, Alexis, Lauren and Lexie. The rest could fade away, and I would not miss them.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Who is Savannah and Rachel?

Current rookies...both IMO not especially attractive and not especially outstanding dancers that they should have gotten passes on their looks.

Edited by ByTor

Taryn is the only cut girl I remember from the past few seasons who has really tried to improve and provided concrete steps she was taking upon "interrogation". She deserved it more than Christina for sure (they both had low kicks but Christina has been trying out for years so she has no excuse) and Savanah too if we're being honest.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Current rookies...both IMO not especially attractive and not especially outstanding dancers that they should have gotten passes on their looks.

I admit I have been paying a little attention to the last two years of rookies. I cannot wait to see what happens at auditions in May. Will we see few vets retire and a few get cut? Stay tune for another episode of How the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Turn.

Edited by bigskygirl

Also, @dreamcatcher, IMO Brennan should have been given a chance.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Will we see few vets retire and a few get cut?

I find it really interesting that besides Jenna, I haven't seen anybody do their social media goodbyes or even hints at retiring.  As the DCCs Turn indeed!

• Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

Also, @dreamcatcher, IMO Brennan should have been given a chance.

I agree. I think something about her face was really off, but they have completely out of shape vets, rookies who are completely bland, girls who look like they're going to slap you if you dare to even look at them, mediocre and even bad dancers... Brennan was good and well spoken. She earned her spot and she was robbed of it imo.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think something about her face was really off,

I think she just tended to look a little cross-eyed on pictures, but I think she looks an awful lot like both Whitney & Heather O.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Would love to see her make the DCC.  Here's an older article about her hip problem; could be why she has low kicks.

https://prodancecheer.com/?p=13120

They don't have bios anymore on the IA website. Just wondering where you got that picture?

Thanks for the article! I didn't know she had that problem. I got the photo from her instagram. A handful of the AAIAs have posted their uniform shots there.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Madi and Mary Kate are a former DSIGs. 

Heather is a current Marshalls Darling Deputy.

Molly is a former Phoenix Suns Dancer 

Grace Patterson is a current AA Ice Angel. 

Lindsay and Minerva are former Spurs Silver Dancers.

Can't believe Cristi Fisher is trying out again: I just don' think she has the DCC look. What about her friend/IA teammate  Carly?

Are any of the current Mavs Dancers auditioning? Last year a lot of girls left the team and some went to the MDC.

There were a few Mavs who auditioned for MDC but none made it from last years team. I don’t believe any of the girls from this year’s squad of Mavs will leave as they all seem to enjoy it

14 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

There were a few Mavs who auditioned for MDC but none made it from last years team. I don’t believe any of the girls from this year’s squad of Mavs will leave as they all seem to enjoy it

Sarah Norris was a Mavs Dancer last year...

mdc Sarah Norris.jpg

52 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Sarah was the only DMD who made the team. Hunter left TC, Melissa was cut at finals, and nobody know what happened to Ansley.

Jamie, Whitney, Jenny (all AAIA) made the MDC along with Kelly Sherwood (former DMD, HTC, AAIA).

I wonder if current DMD vet Ashley  and AAIA Raegan who both auditioned for the DCC last year will try again.

Edited by MrsEVH
15 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Sarah was the only DMD who made the team. Hunter left TC, Melissa was cut at finals, and nobody know what happened to Ansley.

Jamie, Whitney, Jenny (all AAIA) made the MDC along with Kelly Sherwood (former DMD, HTC, AAIA).

I wonder if current DMD vet Ashley  and AAIA Raegan who both auditioned for the DCC last year will try again.

Current dmd vet Ashely auditioned last year I’m surprised they let her come back to dmd from what I heard their director don’t care for the DCC organization 

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Current dmd vet Ashely auditioned last year I’m surprised they let her come back to dmd from what I heard their director don’t care for the DCC organization 

Wouldn't she have had to retire/resign like the others ( Hunter, Ansley, Raegan) did to audition for the DCC?

8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wouldn't she have had to retire/resign like the others ( Hunter, Ansley, Raegan) did to audition for the DCC?

I really don’t think Ashley auditioned. There were never any photos of her. There was one large group shot of the Mavs who auditioned and she wasn’t pictured

3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

I really don’t think Ashley auditioned. There were never any photos of her. There was one large group shot of the Mavs who auditioned and she wasn’t pictured

You’re right.. I kept feeling like she did audition, but looking at the pictures again I don’t see her. 

A0DF657F-97B8-4B49-8B9A-6C6D6C4052B5.jpeg

• Love 1
18 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do we know who is next to Molly? If she auditions and doesn't make it, I quit.

She's cute but a little clumsy. Jenk choreography is still weak.

But Michelle keys is going to teach two official classes and i feel that class would be packed!