Type keyword(s) to search

Cross-Country Skiing

Tuned in to see my 2018 Olympics crush Jessie Diggins ski one last time.  They said it was warm - 40 degrees - but I still couldn't believe she was badass enough to be skiing in short sleeves.  I think one of her teammates had a half sleeve on the right arm and maybe one other skier had the same half sleeves, but Diggins was the only one in short sleeves.  I get that you are hot and sweat, but it still seems like skiing for 90 minutes in 40 degree weather without arm protection would be difficult.

I feel bad for the one skier who was in second and took a wrong turn.  Even the announcer was confused.  He thought somehow she dropped the two Finnish riders in a matter of seconds and couldn't understand how she did it.  I guess it could happen to anyone, but it seems like a professional should know the course well enough to not make that type of mistake.

Loved that Nilson didn't even know she finished as the bronze medalist.  I guess when people get out of sight, you have no idea.  So maybe she missed when that skier took the wrong turn.  Seems like some coach or somebody should have shouted from the sidelines "ski hard, you're in third!" 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

I feel bad for the one skier who was in second and took a wrong turn.  

I don't know if the US version showed it but I watched it live last night and later on she tried to go the wrong way again, she really seemed lost at that point. It was really sad.

• Love 1