Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Tanith looks lovely. Has her and Charlie done any segments together? I always see him working with Agosto and Kristi but not Tanith. 

Surprised to hear so many skaters training in the U.S.

Edited by Enero
4 minutes ago, Enero said:

Tanith looks lovely. Has her and Charlie done any segments together? I always see him working with Agosto and Kristi but not Tanith. 

I believe Charlie is in the US.  He was giving Scott a hard time the other day when he was complaining that Tanith wasn't on Olympic Ice because she was calling ice dance.  He said there was an ocean between him and Tanith.

ETA Jinx!

Edited by Omeletsmom
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Enero said:

I don't think Charlie is in PeyongChang. When Scott made a comment on Olympic Ice that he missed Tanith (she was with Terry getting ready for the ice dance competition), Charlie said jokingly that Scott shouldn't complain since Charlie and Tanith weren't even in the same country.

ETA: COESpiral, Dots and Stripes, and OmeletsMom beat me to it :).  

Edited by sweeks
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Enero said:

ETA: Nevermind! 

Edited by Jeddah
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Dots And Stripes said:

He's in the U.S. and she's in Pyeongchang.

Just now, Omeletsmom said:

I believe Charlie is in the US.  He was giving Scott a hard time the other day when he was complaining that Tanith wasn't on Olympic Ice because she was calling ice dance.  He said there was an ocean between he and Tanith.

Wow! I didn't realize this. I thought when they'd be doing the Post skating shows on Olympic Ice it was in Korea. Didn't know they were filming from the U.S.

The Australian skater seems a little slow, but I like her. Lots of personality. Probably the best skate thus far. IMO.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

What are the typical numbers for the top skaters in the short program?  Just wondering how long Bradie will hold the lead.

Tanith just broke it down on NBCSports, 80s for Top Russians, high 70s for bronze contenders like Kostner and Osmond. Low 70s for other group 5 contenders. None of the Americans have scored in the 70s this season. Bradie had the best SB at 67.01 which is too far off her score tonight. 

• Love 2

The Budapest skater has a great piece of music. Like the French skater I give her credit for using VERY different music and I like her outfit too, but she's not bringing the fire and speed that this skate needs to be impactful.

• Love 4
Just now, Cindyluwho said:

Quite the contrast between the Hungarian and the Australian! 

But somehow they seemed right for each skater.  The Australian really sold the 40s vibe and the Hungarian sold the biker chick look.  Liked them both.

• Love 7
Just now, absnow54 said:

The AC/DC number feels like it belongs in the gala. 

Well she's so far from the top 4-5 who'd get to skate in the gala does it even matter? LOL. Best get it in where you fit in.

Johnny is a mess. He pretty much said the music and program was crap. 

• Love 8
Just now, Enero said:

Well she's so far from the top 4-5 who'd get to skate in the gala does it even matter? LOL. Best get it in where you fit in.

Indeed.  She had fun and maybe that will stay in the minds of audiences and judges for future competitions.  If she improves her skills and becomes known as a fun skater, then she can be a challenger one day.

• Love 9

If you're going to the Olympics but without a real shot at the podium, why not just go all out with music and costume and have fun? At least it might make the experience even more fun than just the fact you're at the Olympics. (I'm guessing the judges are more traditionalist and would not be fans of things like AC/DC)

Edited by fireice13
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, LadyKenobi said:

Not a fan of skating to Beyoncé or most pop in general. Save it for Stars on Ice. If then.

I liked it because at least it was different. Plus she seemed to be having fun. Good for her.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 6