Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E02: Week 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Heh, rightly or wrongly, when Jenny said (and I paraphrase) "I've never been dumped before" and she was shocked, what I heard was "I can't believe that any guy would actually dump my hot blonde self. Sure, I've dumped some guys before, but no one's ever dumped *this* [points to body]."

Also, Becca has a pretty face, but her parted-in-the-middle hair style did that face no favors, IMO.

• Love 7

I thought the Becca date was not all that. Arie starts to tell her something "private" about himself, and she interrupts and says, "You can fix the breaks on my car!!!!!!!!" WTH. Is she looking for true lurve or a mechanic? Then was it that date or with some other almost-identical b-ette when Arie reveals TPTB let him bring his dog. And the b-ette asks "what breed is it" and that's it. We know it's "a mutt," according to Arie, but we know nothing else: age, description, even a freaking NAME for pete's sake. That was a great convo starter. But duh. And speaking of convo starters, WTH was up with Krystal throwing shade on Arie's parents, saying their long marriage "couldn't have been perfect for all those years." I'd be sending her ass back to LA via Greyhound while I rode that fine private jet by myself. And speaking of getting back to LA, how DO they get back to LA in the dead of night? I've always wondered about that. I'd love to meet Arie's parents, so many interesting things I could ask them, but maybe that's the journalist in me. PLUS: They have a dog. Yeay! p.s. I did like the Becca-date Unknown Singer though. I would listen to him, preferably w/o Arie's tongue down my throat.

• Love 3

I just realized that Arie reminds me of Alan Ruckman.  The guy from Ferris Beuler who was on the Fox Excorcist.  More so the Exorcist version.  I find his hair to be really unattractive and a drab green color.  There’s beautiful silver and gunmetal grays, and then there’s that.  He should have gotten a silver rinse or went brown, because it doesn’t show well, at least on my tv.

i don’t like Arie.  That’s good, because I’m a staunch wrong reasoner.  But this dude is all about appearances.  That’s all he talks about.   And he looks like he’s choking those girls out with those awkward hands on kisses.  Yuck.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

There's a Marquel? Wait, she's race car girl, right? Was she in this ep?

I do NOT understand the appeal of L...let me go cut and paste this, hang on... Louboutins. Those shoes were ridiculous. I would have been like "um, that's sweet, but can I have the cash instead?" I guess I'm not as girly as I thought I was. lol

Neither do I, but I'm not a shoe girl.  I'm a handbag girl.  If it was a Louis Vuitton bag or something, then yes I would take the bag.  Bibiana was practically weeping just at SEEING Louboutins for the first time. Come on.  That was adorable.

Funny line from Becca on date #1: 

Becca to Arie:  "Honestly your eyes suck......."  (I look up at the television) ".....people in."

LOL!

I see Bibiana as harmless.  She is all bark, and no bite.  She is completely ineffectual and has zero idea on how to be assertive.  It makes me feel bad for her!!  The dangerous ones are Krystal and Chelsea (? the mother?)  They give no fucks.  They are manipulative , and so far it's working incredibly easily well on Arie.  Bibiana gives all the fucks.  She was actually truly upset.  Sad!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15

I watch this show while I work out and I was laughing so hard during the bumper car reenactment that I had to stop.

Right or wrong, I thought it was a little weird that Bibiana went from 0 to cursing at Krystal. However, I'm sure Krystal has seen and heard far worse. It didn't seem to phase her. Arie says that Krystal shouldn't be judged by her past. I say, wait and see. If she is telling you she's been through a lot on the first date, that's probably the tip of the iceberg. And if she hasn't gotten any therapy, then it definitely will effect her still. Either way, I think she scared him off.

Race cars, real estate, Scottsdale, blonde women with baby voices - yeah, he's pretty basic.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

There was no way those diamonds were real, unless they’re just loaners. For all we know, the Loubitons are fake too.  Might as well be, they were fucking tacky.   Way to go Arie.  Make a woman model slinky dresses for you, then force her to stumble around in ugly ass  five inch stripper shoes.  Ugh, this show.

Those diamonds were loaners in exchange for advertisement.  The shoes were tacky and real.  They’re not expensive for a tv show to buy and there’s no way they would advertise fake products.  

Did she keep all of,those dresses?  I think she kept shoes.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Now I imagine he is inspecting each girl for realness. Lick the teeth during "kissing" yep, those are fake, grabs back of head during "kissing" yep, those are extensions. He'll be grabbing boobs next. Wait, no, he's classier than that, he will be doing a lot of tight hugging next to check for implants.

I'm pretty sure Arie has no problem with fake teeth, fake hair, or fake boobs. Remember Emily? ;)

• Love 15

Bibiana was driving me nuts with her repetitive blathering of not getting any time with Arie but she redeemed herself in my eyes with a succint soliloquy at the end that pretty much said everything I was thinking, down to calling Krystal out with that fake baby voice.  She gets a plus one for her ending.

Bekah is young but she probably loves the older man attention and Arie doesn't have any self awareness to know that he's rapidly looking like an old sad dude with a girl.  She's living in the "I have daddy issues" zone.  Bonus for him is that he will get to have sex with her during her prime years until she comes to her senses and gives him the boot....or maybe kills him because there is something slightly off balance about her at times LOL.   Pretty sure she makes it to the end on age alone.

I've only watched since Nick's season and I think the formula is that the guy probably has his bangable 3 pretty much picked out and so he keeps the obvious boots to make it easy on himself and then a few producer drama picks to keep the show moving along.  He really did that girl a favor by getting rid of her early....if he can tell she's really into him and he knows it's not going to happen it's the most merciful thing he can do.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, scribe95 said:

The Bachelor demolition derby was the best thing I have ever seen. Especially with Robby Gordon and Chris Harrison's color commentary. 

but...no driver's side hits, ladies.  Bad form!

• Love 1

I initially liked Krystal and thought Arie was drawn to her because she reminded him of Emily. She has a similar super feminine quality. But I agree with others who said she blew it when she approached Arie a second time. I could tell by his body language he was put off. IMO what made Emily so attractive was she was a throw back to the era of courtship. Brad singled her out from the start, and she was all humble and sweet but somewhat removed. She made him work for her. Krystal played her hand too aggressively. (She also came off totally fake with Arie's parents.)

Bekka seems smug to me. I don't like her. Arie is obviously attracted to her, but it's hard to tell if it means anything because he appears attracted to many of them. What was it that made his against the wall kisses with Emily so sexy vs. the kind of gross spit swapping with all these woman? Maybe he's just giving out the kisses too freely. He's lost his mystique. 

• Love 13
On 1/9/2018 at 9:55 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I like Krystal. She's interesting to me. Also, she looks so much like someone but I can't figure out who. She still reminds me of Sugar from Survivor, but I think I'm seeing someone else that I can't place.

Krystal actually reminds of Judy/Audrey Landers sisters - with the voice to match.  They are from the 1970s-'80s Love Boat/Fantasy Island circa, so doubtful too many here know who I'm speaking of.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Krystal actually reminds of Judy/Audrey Landers sisters - with the voice to match.  They are from the 1970s-'80s Love Boat/Fantasy Island circa, so doubtful too many here know who I'm speaking of.  

I know exactly who you mean, and I can totally see it!

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Krystal actually reminds of Judy/Audrey Landers sisters - with the voice to match.

OMG that's what it is! She's a 70s/80s dumb blonde. I soooo see Judy Landers. She always struck me as the slightly ditsier one. lol She's very calculated in her dumb blondeness.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I thought the Becca date was not all that. Arie starts to tell her something "private" about himself, and she interrupts and says, "You can fix the breaks on my car!!!!!!!!" WTH. Is she looking for true lurve or a mechanic? Then was it that date or with some other almost-identical b-ette when Arie reveals TPTB let him bring his dog. And the b-ette asks "what breed is it" and that's it. We know it's "a mutt," according to Arie, but we know nothing else: age, description, even a freaking NAME for pete's sake.

Nope, I believe that was the conversation that Bibiana had been waiting for for days. It was definitely comical. All that build-up, all that angst, and then she finally gets to talk to him and can think of absolutely nothing to say.

• Love 2

Well, I was one who wanted Peter (I think he is gorgeous and love the way he talks), but Arie is... Ok I guess. He is attractive but seems pretty low key for a bachelor lead. I love clothes so I would have enjoyed Becca's date. She came back to the mansion with various bags, so I guess they gave her some Rachel Zoe frocks. Keep in mind though, that Rachel Zoe sells stuff through QVC, so it could be lower quality stuff. I thought their date was fine-it seemed pretty normal. The date with Krystal was strange to me-why did he bring someone home so soon and why her?

I didn't like him saying she wouldn't be judged for her childhood or her brothers choices. Why would she be? All of us have things we have no control over. Sounded classist to me. Krystal is obviously too needy though, and I think Arie is already sick of her. Bibiana actually made me laugh. "Stay away from my man." How is he your man? I can't stand the women who sit like a lump and complain they get no time with the guy. I am pretty shy, but even I would be able to stand up and go over and talk to him. I also cannot stand short haired Bekah or however she spells her name. I personally don't find her attractive and she is trying way too hard to be different-you can't maintain that fakeness forever.

I would not have done the demolition derby. It seems way too easy to get hurt. The show seems to run out of ideas for dates that doesn't involve danger. Funny note: My 20 year old son came in the room while I was watching and said : "Why would these pretty girls want a grey haired guy like him?" .

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 10

It's a mistake to list anyone's ages on this show because so many dwell on that number instead of the actual people. So many talk about Arie being an old geezer, but a couple of times Monday night, I was thinking he looked 20, like a little baby. Knowing someone's age immediately puts that person in a box that he/she will never get out of. Like it's horrible for an older woman to date a younger man. Why is that number so important? Why not concentrate on what's inside, and how people relate and get along together? And LOL Chocolatine, yes, Arie is just fine with the fake!

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I didn't like him saying she wouldn't be judged for her childhood or her brothers choices. Why would she be? All of us have things we have no control over. Sounded classist to me.

That bugged me too. I would have responded with "why would I be?" Seriously? What an odd thing to say. Clearly it means he was judging her by it or it wouldn't have occurred to him to say he wasn't. *crosses Krystal off the contenders list* Though she does look like his mother so that might appeal to him if he's a mama's boy. lol

• Love 5

Does anyone think Arie's mother looked great with her plumped-up lips? She is such a beautiful woman, why would she do that? Do gigantic puffy fish lips make women feel better about themselves? Someone help me figure that out! And was Arie blond as a little boy? I got confused watching those old videos, if that was him or not.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And was Arie blond as a little boy? I got confused watching those old videos, if that was him or not.

I think that was him, yeah.  I guess he was blond.  Mr. Wovenloaf is like that - when he was a kid his hair was light blonde, but now it's dark brown.  It got darker over his middle school years.

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Why is that number so important? Why not concentrate on what's inside, and how people relate and get along together?

Because often times it's difficult to relate to someone with a large age difference...but I suppose that in & of itself relates to what's inside, as in chrono age vs emotional age.  

9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Because often times it's difficult to relate to someone with a large age difference...but I suppose that in & of itself relates to what's inside, as in chrono age vs emotional age.  

I was always a very old soul as a child. I would never have dated people my age because I couldn't relate to them. Now that I'm older I'm very young at heart and feel far more comfortable hanging around the late 20s crowd. Mainly because as a 45 year old single female I relate to NO ONE in my age group. lol They are all married with children or have been married, etc. So it does matter more what your emotional age is. But most of these idiots seem to act a lot younger than their age, or are young. Bekah, presumably one of the youngest, acts pretty much on par with the rest. I'd say the most mature acting one is Becca (ha, the two ends of the spectrum are both a Beckcahs haha) and mostly because she's not acting like Justin Beiber just winked at her.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

I was always a very old soul as a child

Yeah, that's what I meant by emotional age vs chronological age.  My sister was that way too and married someone 19 years her senior & it worked out great.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I also cannot stand short haired Bekah or however she spells her name. I personally don't find her attractive and she is trying way too hard to be different-you can't maintain that fakeness forever.

She grates on my nerves so much and I don't find her that attractive either, but it's clear to me that she thinks she's all that.  There's something off-putting about her teeth and combined with Arie's face-sucking, their kiss was vomit inducing.

• Love 8

When some guy asks me how old I am, I always reply: "How old do you want me to be?" which stops them in their tracks. No one has been able to answer that. Young women look so much older these days than when I was a kid. A 16-year-old could pass for 30. I'm not sure that's a good thing, especially when they are 30 and start getting senior discounts at restaurants w/o the server asking!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the collective emotional age there may be 16-17.  He seems a bit surface and socially immature as well.

anyway all the excitement is making me excited.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Does anyone think Arie's mother looked great with her plumped-up lips? She is such a beautiful woman, why would she do that? Do gigantic puffy fish lips make women feel better about themselves? Someone help me figure that out! And was Arie blond as a little boy? I got confused watching those old videos, if that was him or not.

I am guessing she had them inflated to smooth out the purse-string "smoker's lines" some women develop around their mouths, maybe? Or as young pillowy lips look younger and women are judged as viable in certain sets c/- their age or lack of aging in appearance, she had them done. I thought she looked great, minus the lips - which reminded me of Goldie Hawn's in The First Wives Club. Maybe she had them redone knowing she was going to be on TV and the injector went a bit too far?

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

It's a mistake to list anyone's ages on this show because so many dwell on that number instead of the actual people. So many talk about Arie being an old geezer, but a couple of times Monday night, I was thinking he looked 20, like a little baby. Knowing someone's age immediately puts that person in a box that he/she will never get out of. Like it's horrible for an older woman to date a younger man. Why is that number so important? Why not concentrate on what's inside, and how people relate and get along together? And LOL Chocolatine, yes, Arie is just fine with the fake!

I find this funny juxtaposed with your other comment! Arie's mother is trying, I would guess, to not be put in the box of old and past it by pumping up her lips, etc.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

OMG!!  I remember them!!!  One was on Dallas.  I wonder where they are now. 

• Love 2

I don't know the name of the actress but when I look at Krystal all I see is the original Carly on General Hospital. 

Looked it up. Her name is Sarah Brown. She was also on Cold Case. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Found out her name
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

OMG I'd forgotten about that part. She was pissed because by the time she got to have time with him she was sloppy drunk. Don't fucking drink until you've had time with him idiot! I think she, like most of these "hot" women, is used to being approached in bars, used to being chased, used to having guys swarm around them. They all think they are special in that way (when they are all pretty much the same in that way) and that the Bach will go out of his way to find them. That's the fairytale. That "out of all these pretty women the Bach will want to spend time with me, he will come looking for me because I'm so much more special than anyone else." So they don't want to be the one to go after him, that's what ugly girls do! They want him to want them more than anyone else without them making an effort. When it doesn't happen they freak out. It has happened to so many of them over the years. 

There seem to be the aggressive women, they go hunt the bach down, make sure he seems them. They take off their clothes, they make the first move. They are the Gingers, the seductresses, the "bad girls". Then there are the princesses, the Mary Ann's the "good girls" who sit on the sidelines like the ugly girls at a high school dance just hoping their prince charming will notice them and come and validate them. Of course there are also the producer planted, straight up bitches who don't give a shit about anyone and will dry hump the bachelor every chance they get. They used to amuse me, but the longer the show goes on the more fake and rehearsed and repetitive they become. It gets boring. 

My favorites have always been the Onion Ashleys, the Crazy Clares, hell, even the delusional Kelsey Poe's was amusing in her nutcaseness. I like a little crazy with my Bachelor. So far I can't find a fun crazy girl in this bunch. Maybe taxidermy girl? IDK. Bibiana is crazy, but she's more a sleep with your eyes open because she's going to kill you in your sleep kind of crazy, not the good kind. 

for all we know pitstop girl could have been our crazy!! remember Crazy Christy from Aaron burges season and rotting eggs woman from travis staoks season?? good timess!!

1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

OMG!!  I remember them!!!  One was on Dallas.  I wonder where they are now. 

OMG I remember them too!! they were breathy and busty! lol.

1 hour ago, violet and green said:

I am guessing she had them inflated to smooth out the purse-string "smoker's lines" some women develop around their mouths, maybe? Or as young pillowy lips look younger and women are judged as viable in certain sets c/- their age or lack of aging in appearance, she had them done. I thought she looked great, minus the lips - which reminded me of Goldie Hawn's in The First Wives Club. Maybe she had them redone knowing she was going to be on TV and the injector went a bit too far?

I find this funny juxtaposed with your other comment! Arie's mother is trying, I would guess, to not be put in the box of old and past it by pumping up her lips, etc.

yeah aries moms lips were ridiculous!!

Edited by nlkm9
  • Love 1
On 09/01/2018 at 0:23 AM, lids said:

And yeah, Becca is bo-ring. Kind of girl who would say her favorite food is rice.

Dr. Drew would say Krystal has that baby voice because she was sexually abused as a child. I hope she's just putting it on for sexy status. Not really working though.

I'm pretty sure Sienne applied for the show to meet Peter. She's like Rachel except prettier. I would like to see how Peter would have interacted with a few of these ladies. I think sassy Bekah would have confused him and made him cry. She's got too much personality.

I second whoever pointed out that there's about 3-5 villains this season. Maybe they're going for a villain every week.

Yes, Becca seems nice and reasonably attractive but.....so boring. Although I am a huge fan of rice myself, every kind. And I don't know if they edit out huge amounts of the date but from what I saw, it looked as if Becca just kept going on and on about herself and didn't ask Arie a single question. I actually thought Krystal did much better, she seemed to be a good listener and actually learned more about Arie. I think I missed little sections with the parents though, while I let my dog out. I thought the mom had said they were married for 35 years but kind of missed sections of the convo, so I didn't realize that Krystal was interjecting questions while she was speaking. I actually thought she was a much better date than Becca. I was rooting for her until she interrupted...and interrupted again at the cocktail party. Very needy or (evil?)

So with the villains...which one is third? Krystal, Chelsea and....Jenny (the one that left)? Or Bibi? Or possibly Bekka?

On 09/01/2018 at 1:30 AM, Andromeda said:

I adore Bekah. If she doesn't "win" Arie, I would love to see her as Bachelorette. I can't tear my eyes from her. I have no idea why, some kind of charisma that translates well on TV. I also like Siene -- Yale graduate, wow. Definitely out of Arie's intellect league.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have a woman at the rose ceremony saying Arie gave her a "run for her money" -- which makes no sense in that context.

Krystal is setting off alarm bells even for Arie -- I think it was her that he was thinking of when he said to Chris that some have fallen... What a clingy woman.

I like Becca, too. I like that she didn't go all girly screams and jumping up and down over the swag. She had an excited but mature reaction.

Hide contents

She's Kimmel's wife's pick, so I'll be keeping an eye on her.

That bumper car trauma and the way the show portrayed it had me laughing out loud. I get trauma, but all she'd need to do is ride one again as an adult and she'd probably be over it.

I assumed the run for her money referred to the demolition derby. I pretty much think Annelise made that whole thing up for attention, I would have booted her for that alone. Today, US magazine had a story about Courtney Robertson saying that Arie doesn't enjoy drama or crying and will usually distract the woman with something else involving lips...

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-aries-ex-courtney-robertson-he-doesnt-react-well-to-crying/

On 09/01/2018 at 3:03 AM, Padma said:

I will never understand how women are so emotionally invested so early on when there are so many others there, so little time with the bachelor, and the odds are obviously against them becoming "the One".  I wish there were more older b-ettes; you can tell some of the women are very aware how much older Ari is (also, I'm surprised he doesn't get rid of the gray. With this group "distinguished" isn't what they're looking for.)

He seems nice enough, but is no prize. He seems kind of sad and imo still in love with Emily (whom he's not going to find here. I can't figure out why some are so crude. Emily was well-mannered, girly but strong--the iron fist in velvet glove, and somewhat reserved. She knew her worth and didn't throw herself at Ari--she had him think of her as "the prize". These women would do well to follow her example.).

I really really like Arie, he is the first bachelor I've seen that would personally interest me. He seems calm, a great listener, has gorgeous eyes and a nice body & face. He could fix your car when needed, take you to interesting places & meet interesting people. If I was looking for a husband I'd think that he is a good catch. I know a lot of successful women with boyfriends that can barely hold down a job, can't drive, have emotional baggage (and frequently baby mamas all over the place), have health issues, are allergic to their cats, drink and eat too much, are jealous and insecure....I don't think you would ever get that with Arie. Mostly importantly, I think he's funny. As the star of the show I think he has to keep it restrained, but you see little eruptions of it now and then. And as Courtney Robertson said (same US interview I mentioned), he is a great kisser and the best in bed she's ever had. Whatever came of being chosen, the winner would have a good time even if it didn't turn out to be permanent.

On 09/01/2018 at 6:21 AM, JudyObscure said:

I like Tia,  I think she's gorgeous and funny. She said the only real line of the night when she said that Arie came out and did some fancy trick driving and the good part was 'He didn't hit anybody."  You go, Tia!  Thinking like a grown-up who isn't willing to die for her 15 minutes of fame.

I don't think I've ever called anyone fake before in my life, but here goes;  Krystal is fake.  She combs her hair over her eyes, then spends all evening flicking her head to get it out of the way.   She makes statements and then visibly arranges her face to what she thinks is the appropriate, matching expression. Her conversation is a string of lines she's memorized from Hallmark movies, whether they actually fit the occasion or not. The worst was her talk with Arie's mother.

Arie's Mom:  We've been married for thirt....

Krystal:  But you weren't always happy.

Arie's Mom [startled}:  Well er, of course every couple has...

Krystal:  But your family came first.

Arie's Mom: [looks confused wonders if she misheard something.]

Krystal's whole passive aggressive refusal to tell the other's about her date was another fake show for the camera.  She didn't need to gloat, but she could have said they went to Arie's parents' house because he wanted to reassure his mother.  Little does Arie know his mother is probably having nightmares about little muscle bound grandchildren who only speak in random clichés.

She scares me much more than Bibiana does with all her silly  bluster.

I very much dislike Tia. She can go back to her trailer park home any day now.  I would sooner have Krystal or even Chelsea stay over her. I can't imagine Arie's mom would be inpressed by someone that can't even say three words without being bleeped out. And it's usually not clear what word she was intending to say, so I am probably imagining something worse - possibly she just says shit all the time. Doubt it though. She just seems nasty. Interesting your Krystal interpretation though. I really must of missed most of that conversation. I thought she sounded caring, and she definitely does fit in well physically with that family.  I originally thought the mom was a little cool to her, but when I rewound a bit to try and get the parts I missed, the second time around I read it as a warmer hug from mom. Or as warm as you're going to get considering it's her first date and the son has only dabbled his toe in the bachelorette pool with one prior date.

On 09/01/2018 at 7:55 AM, alexa said:

So, did Chelsea just take it easy this episode and give the evilness to Krystal, or did they just not show Chelsea?  It kind of goes to show that some "villains" might not actually be that bad if they made a big deal of Chelsea episode one, and this time she didn't really do much that was all that concerning.  Krystal is all kinds of icky now though...she makes Chelsea look normal.  lol

No, Chelsea was there trying to be her normal evil self (wearing a grey sweatshirt like top in the interviews and nothing special done with hair & makeup), and she was first to jump on Arie for a one-on-one at the post demolition dinner, but she was outclassed. Krystal definitely out villained her without even trying, it made Chelsea look like a rank amateur. Chelesa is kind of cute but nothing special and this time I think Arie had the same impression, she's being kept around for potential drama but I don't think he is a good enough actor to pretend anything is going on there.

On 09/01/2018 at 9:24 AM, nutty1 said:

How could I forget....I loved the message on the derby car...."THX EMILY"  That gave me a true chuckle. Clever. 

That was good but...

On 09/01/2018 at 9:32 AM, dleighg said:

I caught a glimpse of "Wrong Reasons" on one of the cars; what was it? "Wrong Reasons"? I'm too lazy to go back and check.

#69 Must have been Tia. Sounds like the way her mind works. Although, i do think that one is funny. Wrong reasons was my favourite though, and I wonder whose car that was....

On 09/01/2018 at 9:53 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Arie is just very in to himself. He rarely asks about the woman and when he does, it seems so fake and production based (so the girls with sob stories can talk about it)... also, you know you're on camera. You know you're proposing to someone at the end. Do you have  to grab every girl within 2 seconds of speaking with them and have a full-blown make out session?

Hey, it's like wine tasting. You've got to get all your free samples, and then decide which ones are worth investing in. I actually find his conversations fairly natural. I think he's fairly quiet (without being shy) and likes to find out more about the women without being pushy. I personally cannot stand alpha type guys, so I think he is appealing.

On 09/01/2018 at 10:14 AM, seacliffsal said:

Once again the casting department does their job!  Krystal with the baby talk is very similar to Emily in that Emily also had the baby talk down.  I think that may be why Arie picked her for the 'home town' date.  It wasn't until her second interruption during the cocktail party that he got a concerned look on his face and was cooler to her than he had been before.  I'm sure there were many things that drew him to Emily-but clinginess was not one of them.  I think he definitely likes to be the one doing the pursuing and Krystal's repeated interruptions are not what he wants.  

And, we've got another single mom for whom it is difficult to leav.....yeah, so don't care enough to even finish that sentence.

Okay, things that made me go "ewwwwwww...."  I found it creepy that Arie watched Becca's fashion show; I don't know just something about his eating and drinking while she showed the fashions almost seemed like he was buying something.  It may sound picky, but I didn't like the fact that after he helped her put on the jacket for the motorcycle ride that he zipped up the front of the jacket.  It just seemed like he was being way too familiar with her body for a first date (and putting the earrings on her pierced ears just seemed weird).  

Loved that Chris Harrison and the guest announcer talked about maybe Arie finally winning a race...maybe Arie isn't totally beloved by the producers if they let that comment in.

Don't know if I would have participated in that Demolition Derby (of course, in my younger years I never would have wanted to be on a show like this...).  That was just looking for injuries.  I feel for Brittany and her concussion.  Reminds me of how I felt about that boxing/fighting match that led to Ames getting a concussion.  I am bewildered that the contestants would allow themselves to be put into a potentially dangerous situation.

Overall, loved it.  Didn't think I would be invested in this season, but I am IN!

That's a very astute observation about Emily and Krystal. I like Arie but I don't think he has the best taste in women. I am hoping he leaves here with someone a little less fake and with a bit of substance.

If you've ever watched a wedding show, the family and/or future groom sit there and watch the parade of dresses. I think it was a nice touch to give her the entire rack so making a final decision wasn't so crucial. And yes, a little bit Pretty Woman but really not offensive. Not so impressed by those dresses though. I noticed that the silver one she chose for the dinner was very ill fitting, she had to keep hiking it up before there was a giant boob reveal. Not that Arie would have minded, he did a better job hiding that this show, but i did notice his eyes kept dropping when he was asking Brittany about how she was feeling at the cocktail party.

On 09/01/2018 at 10:45 AM, Lamb18 said:

I'm watching right now and wanted to share a couple of thoughts before I read posts (so I apologize if I repeat others' thoughts).

First, I really like Becca and am cheering for her, and not just because she's from Minnesota. She seems really nice and secure enough in herself that she can enjoy her time with Arie, but if it doesn't work out she'll be OK. I liked how she was just being herself and not trying to say or do the right thing to impress him.

What struck me with Krystal was how much she looked like his mother. So it was interesting that he took her to his home, showed her pictures and videos and took her to meet his parents.

It seemed like in the first date he was Prince Charming with Cinderella, giving Becca all that swag, and then almost dating his mother when he chose the woman who looked like his mother and comes across as warm and caring. That's it for now.

I thought they were great dates, although I was wondering how Arie is going to top that (swag on the first so $$ investment, meeting family on the second so <3<3 emotional investment) and then the funniest date of all! I like how they incorporate a little bit of the bachelor's personality into the group dates. Just hoping they keep away from the mudwrestling this time. (Although I do like it when it's a group of men involved).

On 09/01/2018 at 0:07 PM, Rainsong said:

On the subject of different species, the girls in their jammies definitely have a different look to the ladies who spent a full day putting on the war paint to make their entrances.  The Morning After gathering is quite handy to see who is comfortable in her own skin and who isn’t and those whose natural features don’t need the enhancements.

Arie has nailed his colors to the mast.  If he’s going to be TB for just one season then he’s damn well going to inspect the merchandise in detail by going straight in for a kiss at the earliest opportunity. enna is in full makeup for reasons unknown, not least because she doesn’t need it.

I admit I didn’t watch Emily’s season but it does seem curious that they are downplaying Arie Luyendyk Sr’s stature and achievements in the world of motor sports.  The man won TWO Indianapolis 500s.  That is racing royalty.  Obviously, Arie Jr simply views him as Dad and regards photos from Indy as just more family mementos.  But one gets the feeling that they may not, understandably, want to overshadow Arie Jr or risk the perception of him as a Kardashianesque idle rich kid.  Moreover, ABC/ESPN hold the rights to Indy so archive footage etc. would cost them nothing to use.  It is interesting from an anthropological angle to see that Mr & Mrs Luyendyk are still quintessentially Dutch while their children are quintessentially American.  Nature vs nurture and all that.

Krystal (unwittingly) reveals that Denise Austin-style super-duper positivity is something of a front.  She had a deprived, thankless, mostly loveless home life with neither parent showing much interest.  She obviously sought and achieved a much better outcome than her brother but the effects have been devastating for both.

Tia, apparently viewed by the producers as the authority on all things redneck, enthuses about an activity she is familiar with.  The shadows of Tia’s ludicrous spidery lashes extend all the way past the corners of her mouth.  Have she and Raven been exchanging bad cosmetics advice?  Tia also seems unable to get through a sentence without a leavening of four-letter words.  Very ladylike.

As someone who rejects categorically the doctrines of cultural appropriation, identity politics, et al, it’s still hard not to notice that most of Bibiana’s on-camera appearances are accompanied by a ‘bed’ of Mexican-restaurant-style Muzak.  On the other hand, she does herself no favors as she mimics the tight-ponytailed, bug-eyed, head-bobbing, gesticulating Latina caricatures once played by Debra Wilson and Nicole Sullivan on MAD TV.  

Krystal isn't so lucky or smart.  Her progress to date is undone when she ratchets up the cling factor with her clumsy TripAdvisor-style review of the previous day.  Arie’s reaction says it all as she’s rewarded with a mere hug. 

Bibiana really is a nasty piece of work, not least for her bully tactic of claiming that she speaks for everyone in the room.  Unfortunately, most of them are too cowardly to correct her.  She’s another unnecessary producer-dictated holdover kept for Corinne-style cartoon violence.

Next week: 

Yeah, I like the natural scenes. Oddly enough, Krystal looks to be one of the most attractive, when she's freshly washed and freeish of makeup.

Since Arie Senior isn't actually the Bachelor but his son is, why would we want to see a big focus on his achievements, trophies etc.? I don't follow racing and I would be completely bored if they went into massive detail. Not as bored as when the Bachelor is a pro football-baseball-basketball player, but it comes close.

Which one is Jenna? I don't think she's made any kind of impression on me so far.

Awww you're making me miss MAD TV! Especially Nicole Sullivan and Debra Wilson.

(psst Rainsong, you're not supposed to mention the previews. They'll sometimes delete your entire post for that, or at least edit it)

On 09/01/2018 at 2:14 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Sorry, I erased it. You were saying that they looked like they were having great fun with the colour commentary and I agree. I think Chris Harrison doesn't usually get many opportunities to show how funny he is here (just on Bachelor in Paradise) and his making fun of Arie indicates they really are pals, not that he doesn't like him as somebody else suggested.

On 09/01/2018 at 2:35 PM, calpurnia99 said:

I feel like if someone started to tell me about their dog, this is a good icebreaker/conversation started and she could have shown some personality at this time. I think he was expecting her to say AWWW that's sounds so cute. But she just stared at him and said nothing to him about the dog, like how old is he? or How long have you had him? What does it look like or that is so sweet. She just said "oh" and nothing else and looked completely bored. She does seem very masculine with that tight pony tail. I guess the producers give him the boot order. It's so ridiculous at this point, you KNEW she was getting the last rose the whole night. WHY DO I WATCH THIS SHIT??????????

He is very feminine to me. And he is TOO OLD for these girls. Bekah is about 22. He is 36 WTF? I think if he is 36 he needs to date women in their 30's not this baby. It's gross the way both of them are showing their tongues, she is so so so disgusting with her tongue. And that fucking fur? It was like 70 degrees not cold for a fur. She says "I always have to have my fur?" WTF massive hate. She is a nanny? What kind of career is that? Oh it's a good career for a super young woman....

Agree about the dog, I could think of so many questions, but then I love dogs! Especially my own. Guess it's a good way to weed out the non dog lovers, since she could only manage to ask what breed. As a dog lover, I would definitely drop the non doglovers instantly. That's also when I began to like Peter during Rachel's season - I loved how he interacted with Copper. Don't agree about the agism though. Women are generally more mature than men, and Bekkah seems to be very different from the other women, so she may be suitable. I don't know enough about her at this point, definitely don't dislike her (although I am hoping it was faux fur) and I'm a little intrigued, so I see why he is keeping her around. And wait until you hit your fifties - 36 will seem like a baby. It is amazing (read frightning!) how quickly the years go by once you leave high school.

On 09/01/2018 at 2:53 PM, Mabinogia said:

It has always annoyed me when the lead tries to get the person they just crushed to basically show they aren't mad at them with a hug or a talk or whatever. You know what, you just dumped her, you don't deserve a hug!

That's how I usually feel too, but this time it looked like the producers told him to go after her. He looked nonplussed by her shunning and didn't look like he wanted to go after her at all.

On 09/01/2018 at 7:08 PM, Mu Shu said:

Yes!  I was seeing Britt in her, too. 

And to random loser who stomped off.  You did not lose to a Taxidermist.  You lost to a Taxidermy Enthuist, who collects vintage.  There is a difference.

i would far rather have gotten a date in a private plane to Scottsdale rather than a tractor ass ride to Des Moines.  Man that Soules season was some broke ass, cheap ass shit.  

I am so glad that I skipped it. I wasn't impressed by him when he was on The Bachelorette - he always seemed drunk to me, and subsequently killing his neighbour while driving impaired after his season was long over reinforced that he was a hopeless alcoholic. He already had a record of DUIs before he went on the show, so I have no idea why they went ahead and cast him as The Bachelor. The fact that the budget must have been minimal perhaps was the attraction for Fleiss and co. - maybe they paid him with liquor shipments instead. Anyway, the worst Bachelor of all, in my opinion.

23 hours ago, betha said:

Poor Brittany. All I could think during the car wreck date was how there was no way to walk away without a massive headache and whiplash. Does that make me old? Also he must not be that into her if he didn’t get into the ambulance and insist on accompanying her.

8 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

You're right, Betha, that is unusual. Perhaps Brittany didn't want them to make a big deal of it for ratings (and real world implications afterwards, knowing what we do about concussions), and perhaps Arie did visit with her privately, possibly Fleiss no longer milks everything for ratings. (Or a tradeoff: Arie, you can go in the ambulance or visit her later without cameras, but you have to hug every woman you send home, whether she wants you to or not)

Last time I saw one of them (Judy, perhaps), she played the wealthy love interest of Bruce Campbell's character on Burn Notice. I think she looked better than when she was younger - not so fake.

I am really enjoying this season! It is probably the first one that I've watched the entire premiere and I will probably not skip any of them, unlike many other seasons. I am not finding it predictable although I did pop on over to the spoiler thread, to my regret. 

Edited by PreBabylonia
Didn't want to minimize DUI death with my phrasing
  • Love 5

Thanks, PreBabylonia, for posting that paragraph describing Arie as interesting. I was starting to get a little jaded after just two episodes -- maybe from reading so many negative comments -- that I needed that little boost to put me back in the swing of wishing I had gotten cast on this season. I feel so much better now! (Because I agree 100 percent.)

• Love 2

I definitely need to quote less than 18 posts though, I kept losing track! Yes, I am really enjoying Arie although he is evidently not everyone else's cup of tea. I think the last Bachelor I watched was....actually, I don't remember. None of the last several have appealed to me. Nick V. and the last Ben (Higgins maybe?) and Chris Soules were completely uninteresting. I think I could have found a better selection at the mall. And nobody hangs out there anymore, apparently....

And thank you for your nice post in last week's forum. I was writing something but lost my post and gave up. I have since found that Previously TV saves them. (Thanks PTV!)

• Love 1
On 1/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, saber5055 said:

Hey, speaking of last rose, what happened to Harrison coming out, tapping his glass and announcing it's the last rose?

Harrison used up his speaking quota this week on demo derby commentary! Which is probably the happiest I've seen him look on the main franchise shows (you can tell BiP is really what he lives for).

Reasons I like Becca: She seems mature. She was well spoken and direct. No giggling. Confident but relaxed. No sobbing for her sob story. Go Becca. (Coincidentally, also many of the reasons I like Arie.)

On 1/8/2018 at 10:27 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

She is officially on my shit list.  "I'm no drama, simple, and easy to please."  Ew.  ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.

Yes. UGH to Bekah. She keeps throwing in these rehearsed lines in "intimate" moments and it's gross.

How many girls did Arie kiss in front of the exact same fireplace on that group date?

I hated Krystal the second I saw her intro package and have nothing new to add here. I can't stand listening to her speak. Cracked up when she asked him, "Does that scare you?" after revealing her homeless brother. I thought it was actually a good move not to reveal the details of the date (between meeting his parents, seeing his house, and looking at childhood photos and videos, it was kind of a big deal), but she really should have emphasized the concert/dinner portion and then nobody would have been suspicious. But, she sucks.

Am I the only one who liked bitchy Jenny...? Come on, bumper car trauma? Even Arie looked like he was trying not to laugh. The reenactment was a highlight of this series. These editors are the real MVPs.

I spent a lot of time this episode wondering how much prettier these girls would be without their clumpy fake eyelashes.

I like that Arie digs it when the ladies have something different going on. Kids... Yale... taxidermy... he rolls with all of it.

• Love 4

The taxidermy reveal was a hoot. Arie was getting into petting that stuffed seal, which made me like him more. I was reminded of Wisconsin Kurt's dad being an actual taxidermist a few seasons ago, and on the HT date taking the B-ette down the basement to show her his freezer full of road kill. That was a deal breaker, but Arie seems like he would be fine with some stuffies on his Scottsdale mantel. Too funny TPTB had her bring them to the show. I guess if Arie can have his dog, she can have her stuffed critters.

• Love 4

It seemed the 'derby' was pretty tamed down by the size of their enclosure and the number of cars. They would usually use the whole track and have many fewer cars to gum up the works. In this one nobody could really get a big run up to hit people too hard and they had belts and neck braces and helmets.

I think the reason that they didn't do an ambulance scene was due to Evan's luring Carly onto the ambulance after faking an injury on BiP. They don't want to condone those kinds of shenanigans.

As for medical dilemmas from the date I would have loved one of the women to have said "I was hit so hard my eyelashes popped off and went in my mouth! I almost choked!"

• Love 1

I just got around to watching the episode and thought I would post my thoughts. I am posting on my tablet and since it won't let me do multi quotes I will do my best as I agreed with a lot of posters opinions and wanted to quote them. Dang got to get my PC fixed..lol.

I think Arie is very laid back and easygoing which I like. He doesn't seem to be overly finicky and contrary to some opinions I don't think he seems that self involved. I think he is a good listener and is very attentive. I would just hope that he can avoid the pitfalls of maybe being a pushover or falling for obvious manipulation that can sometimes be the flip side of these types of personalities. So far I think he is doing good and I hope he doesn't let his compassion be a downfall. Or let lust over rule his decisions. There's a saying for this but I won't go there..lol.

I think Krystal is a very lovely woman but obviously has some issues with the clingyness and being too self involved. I noticed when she was telling her sob story to Arie she was doing a lot of sniffling and from a back shot it showed as if she was going to wipe away a tear but I never saw the first one. Nope, dry face there. And like others I hate her whimpering breathy voice. She just seems super fake to me and knows exactly what she's doing, sob story and issues not withstanding. 

I liked Becca. Her date was pretty tame and she came across as levelheaded and very sincere. Unfortunately I didn't really see any chemistry there so I don't see her being there in the final stretch.

And I like Bekah. I can see why others might have issues with her regarding age but she strikes me as being really mature for her age. She may be a little manipulative but no more than you would normally have to be in a situation like this. I love her upbeat attitude and the big thing for me is that she (so far) seems to get along with the others and doesn't seem like she's scheming or trying to throw others under the bus to get what she wants. I'm reminded of Krystal's coyness when with holding details of her date to put doubt and uncertainty in the others mind's or the selfishness of hogging Arie's time when she already had a rose. I don't see Bekah doing this. I think she's confident in who she is and doesn't need to resort to that. She just knows what she wants and is concentrating her time on Arie. And I wasn't turned off by her and Arie kissing. I think they have chemistry through the roof. You either have it or you don't but I think her confidence is sexy to him and has a lot to do with it. I can see her going far.

I'm looking forward to seeing Arie have some time with Jacqueline and see how that goes. I think she is beautiful and seems so reserved and mysterious.

I have nothing against Tia. She seems OK at the moment and I know this is shallow but her next to nothing lips coupled with the ski slope large nose is a little jarring to me. We may see she is a great person and that would go along way in negating that. I'm by no means saying she is hideous. She is very pretty otherwise but I can't help but see that every time she is on the screen. Mean I know but there it is. 

• Love 2
On 1/9/2018 at 8:30 PM, Mu Shu said:

I just realized that Arie reminds me of Alan Ruckman.  The guy from Ferris Beuler who was on the Fox Excorcist.  More so the Exorcist version.  I find his hair to be really unattractive and a drab green color.  There’s beautiful silver and gunmetal grays, and then there’s that.  He should have gotten a silver rinse or went brown, because it doesn’t show well, at least on my tv.

i don’t like Arie.  That’s good, because I’m a staunch wrong reasoner.  But this dude is all about appearances.  That’s all he talks about.   And he looks like he’s choking those girls out with those awkward hands on kisses.  Yuck.

LOL, he does look like he is choking them, and omg, those lines are so phony..

• Love 1

Krystal isn´t cute. She´s the nastiest wtf I´ve ever seen on this show. And that´s saying a lot. I wasnt keen on Bibiana but since she was the only one who dared confront Krystal I saw that there was a lot there. Wherever Krystal´s brother is I say "fly pretty bird fly". Krystal is like a bad fairy stepmother whose changed bodies with a beautiful girl. She´s not normal. The constant fake smiling and hair-tossing looks unnatural and her voice effects are pure evil. Run Arie, run!

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2018 at 2:53 PM, sistersledge said:

The cardigan sweater did Arie no favors on the group date. Kind of squicky seeing him (fast-forwarding) make out w bekah in that get-up.

Arie actually looked a bit chubby to me or maybe skinny fat, especially with that awful polka dot shirt he was wearing during the home town date.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:46 PM, PreBabylonia said:

If you've ever watched a wedding show, the family and/or future groom sit there and watch the parade of dresses. I think it was a nice touch to give her the entire rack so making a final decision wasn't so crucial. And yes, a little bit Pretty Woman but really not offensive. Not so impressed by those dresses though. I noticed that the silver one she chose for the dinner was very ill fitting, she had to keep hiking it up before there was a giant boob reveal. Not that Arie would have minded, he did a better job hiding that this show, but i did notice his eyes kept dropping when he was asking Brittany about how she was feeling at the cocktail party.

That silver dress was absolutely horrible.  He has terrible taste if that is the dress he picked out for her to wear on her night out.  The black one with the beads looked great on her.  Also Rachel Zoe, stylist, shows up in some God awful gawdy AF jacket.  I guess I don't understand fashion because so often the fashion mavens look ridiculous.

• Love 3

This is the first time I've watched TB since, well, Arie was on the first time. I'm watching it mainly to read ya'll's posts, thanks for the laughs. :) Some thoughts - I'm in the minority (but our group seems to be growing in the second week) but I hate Bekah. I like that she has short hair as opposed to long, stringy extensions (the chick from Arkansas has the worst) but I dont think Bekah has the face for it. She has beautiful eyes but she needs a chin implant or something (meow). However, in watching Arie's body language (and tongue) I do think he genuinely likes Bekah the most. Maybe they'll end up just being friends, but his laughter and how he leans into her is just so genuine. 

The other Becca is my favorite so far, quickly followed by the Yale graduate (Siene?) but I think they are too normal for reality tv. I would love to see either one as the Bachelorette but it might not be compelling enough. They need a famewhore for that. I feel sorry for Krystal for her upbringing but I think she is a Fatal Attraction in progress. Bibiana cracks me up. As someone said, she is actually very very pretty but when she bugs her eyes out and shortens her neck even more, it makes her really unattractive. I think the producers are encouraging her, and if I have to hear her say the phrase 'if i don't get my time' one more time ...

• Love 1

Bibiana reminds me of Theresa (Alyssa Diaz) , the Mexican wrestler as she was when she was initially introduced on Ray Donovan.  I grew to really like Theresa but I initially found her very annoying. Bibiana is sooo similar. But I am not annoyed by her yet, just waiting to see where it goes. As I am with Bekah. I tend to like them a bit but I could see this going south very quickly. Oh well, drama! It's what we live for on The Bachelor. If we eventually end up with several villainous characters, i say bring it on! Very entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

WOW! That does not look like the same person to me at all. she was quite the hottie back then. Not so much now, though it could been the desperation and crazy oozing out of her. 

Agreed, the personality does not help at all...although she does amuse me LOL.

• Love 1