Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E02: Week 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

WHAT is with all the bling on a first date? Were those "jewels" real? Can't be, right? Why so over the top for the first one-on-one?

Honestly I cannot imagine wearing a single one of those bling-y dresses. Or the shoes for that matter.

Becca does seem remarkably "normal" I have to say. (I haven't finished the episode yet). But she hasn't mentioned feeling a connection with him yet so that's a plus in my book. I mean, you've spent an hour with him so far.

There was no way those diamonds were real, unless they’re just loaners. For all we know, the Loubitons are fake too.  Might as well be, they were fucking tacky.   Way to go Arie.  Make a woman model slinky dresses for you, then force her to stumble around in ugly ass  five inch stripper shoes.  Ugh, this show.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, clubsauce said:

The bumper car ptsd reminded me of the Sweeney Sisters lounge singers skit from 1980s SNL. One sister got emotional during their performance remembering the trauma of the time she “got a bad perm.” 

I lived through the 70's ....I get it! It's a real thing! LOL!!!!!!

• Love 10

This show is well on its way of following the usual pattern of making me dislike the lead when I originally liked him (her). Arie is clearly better in small doses and as the slightly insecure pursuer. As the lead, he's self-centered in his conversations with the women and yet at the same time, there is no there there. 

And I'm getting the weird suspicion that there's no real drama this season. What we've seen so far has been pretty weak. If one of them is most upset about leaving the friends she made (and tells Arie that), maybe they're just not invested enough to get dramatic. Either the producers have dropped their Stockholm Syndrome game or Arie is really not that compelling.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Etta Place said:

If one of them is most upset about leaving the friends she made (and tells Arie that), maybe they're just not invested enough to get dramatic.

wow that was a cold leaving. You go girl! And then he wants a hug? Totally inappropriate given all of her body language.  I'd say F you, see you later. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

How could I forget....I loved the message on the derby car...."THX EMILY"  That gave me a true chuckle. Clever. 

I caught a glimpse of "Wrong Reasons" on one of the cars; what was it? "Wrong Reasons"? I'm too lazy to go back and check.

• Love 6

I think the young woman who was 'dumped' only said that to save face. 

I also didn't like how Arie kept trying to hug her when her body language said No, Hell No more than once. 

But I don't mind Arie as a whole.  The important thing is whether the women are into him and they seem very very very much into him.  I like his manners.  I've only been watching for a few seasons but I don't remember seeing a male lead as gentlemanly and as chivalrous as him so it's an interesting theme.  I found Ben boring, Nick very interesting, and Arie very smooth.

• Love 11

Arie is just very in to himself. He rarely asks about the woman and when he does, it seems so fake and production based (so the girls with sob stories can talk about it)... also, you know you're on camera. You know you're proposing to someone at the end. Do you have  to grab every girl within 2 seconds of speaking with them and have a full-blown make out session?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What's next... [Beckah]'s going to say that her tongue is double-jointed and that she only enjoys beer?  She's like the embodiment of the Cool Girl speech in "Gone Girl".  https://genius.com/Gillian-flynn-gone-girl-cool-girl-monologue-book-annotated

This. I actually said, out loud to the TV, "OMG she's a cool girl!" during her one-on-one time with Arie. I hate her so much. And her stupid outfit for the derby while she pranced around like a teen. Just ew. She comes off so young to me.

Becca doesn't belong on this show. IMO she's much too plain looking and way too normal. I actually like her, but still.

I like Krystal. She's interesting to me. Also, she looks so much like someone but I can't figure out who. She still reminds me of Sugar from Survivor, but I think I'm seeing someone else that I can't place.

I finally figured out who Lauren B. looks like: the woman from Flip or Flop. She is a dead ringer for her it's insane!

I find Arie hilarious and adorable. But boy his kissing looks horrible. He looks like he's trying to eat the woman's face off! I can't even watch him kissing anyone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Once again the casting department does their job!  Krystal with the baby talk is very similar to Emily in that Emily also had the baby talk down.  I think that may be why Arie picked her for the 'home town' date.  It wasn't until her second interruption during the cocktail party that he got a concerned look on his face and was cooler to her than he had been before.  I'm sure there were many things that drew him to Emily-but clinginess was not one of them.  I think he definitely likes to be the one doing the pursuing and Krystal's repeated interruptions are not what he wants.  

And, we've got another single mom for whom it is difficult to leav.....yeah, so don't care enough to even finish that sentence.

Okay, things that made me go "ewwwwwww...."  I found it creepy that Arie watched Becca's fashion show; I don't know just something about his eating and drinking while she showed the fashions almost seemed like he was buying something.  It may sound picky, but I didn't like the fact that after he helped her put on the jacket for the motorcycle ride that he zipped up the front of the jacket.  It just seemed like he was being way too familiar with her body for a first date (and putting the earrings on her pierced ears just seemed weird).  

I also didn't like his make-out session with Bekka (who annoys me to no end-she so overreacted to every single thing in the house when the date cards came in; she is really vying for attention from the camera people), as he looked so old compared to her.  I'm sure he doesn't know her age as she has refused to disclose it (again, vying for the media and fan attention), but it just seemed wrong.

And, finally, Arie forcing a hug on Jenna after she was eliminated.  It was very clear that she didn't want to hug him yet he hugged her in spite of her desire.  Then, he went in for another hug, but she met him with a response on that one.  I really hate it when the lead tries to force some type of reconciliation with the ones just eliminated.

Loved that Chris Harrison and the guest announcer talked about maybe Arie finally winning a race...maybe Arie isn't totally beloved by the producers if they let that comment in.

Don't know if I would have participated in that Demolition Derby (of course, in my younger years I never would have wanted to be on a show like this...).  That was just looking for injuries.  I feel for Brittany and her concussion.  Reminds me of how I felt about that boxing/fighting match that led to Ames getting a concussion.  I am bewildered that the contestants would allow themselves to be put into a potentially dangerous situation.

Overall, loved it.  Didn't think I would be invested in this season, but I am IN!

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 8

I'm watching right now and wanted to share a couple of thoughts before I read posts (so I apologize if I repeat others' thoughts).

First, I really like Becca and am cheering for her, and not just because she's from Minnesota. She seems really nice and secure enough in herself that she can enjoy her time with Arie, but if it doesn't work out she'll be OK. I liked how she was just being herself and not trying to say or do the right thing to impress him.

What struck me with Krystal was how much she looked like his mother. So it was interesting that he took her to his home, showed her pictures and videos and took her to meet his parents.

It seemed like in the first date he was Prince Charming with Cinderella, giving Becca all that swag, and then almost dating his mother when he chose the woman who looked like his mother and comes across as warm and caring. That's it for now.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Damn I was hoping Bibiana wouldn't get a rose, I wanted to see her throw a fit.

I want her to stick around and continue to go after Krystal!   I love her! 

1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

How could I forget....I loved the message on the derby car...."THX EMILY"  That gave me a true chuckle. Clever. 

Who wrote that on her car?  

• Love 5

As TB matures – the show, that is, not TB himself – certain conventions have been done away with or are merely overlooked by the production team.  A opening camera shot of an eagle is not, mercifully, accompanied by a stock sound effect of the eagle’s scream echoing from the hillsides.  Just as well, since they often use the sound of screaming of…a hawk.  As in a different species altogether.

On the subject of different species, the girls in their jammies definitely have a different look to the ladies who spent a full day putting on the war paint to make their entrances.  The Morning After gathering is quite handy to see who is comfortable in her own skin and who isn’t and those whose natural features don’t need the enhancements.

But while the bronzer and blusher may wash off but some of these ladies are daily communicants at the Church of the Fake Eyelash.  Given California’s capricious environmental regulations, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see state inspectors arrive to test the air in the house for glue fumes.  It’s just a very jarring (read:  off-putting) look to see t-shirts and tank tops accompanied by lashes waving like palm fronds.

Becca K is a curious choice for a single date to say nothing of the very first date.  Krystal and Chelsea’s self-protective reactions are unchanging:  they talk about themselves some more.

If you look closely you can see that Arie’s motorbike is fitted with GoPro cameras (as are skydiving helmets, personal watercraft, etc. in various TB segments).  Becca is given the full Pretty Woman routine.  What’s usually left unsaid about Pretty Woman is that the female lead was a prostitute.  Anyway, slim & trim Becca can be fearless in her choices of form-fitting drape-style gowns obtained from Rachel Zoe (me neither) and her odd baseball jacket with its giant sequins.  Louboutins may be even more of an object of female desire than TB himself but the dangerous-looking spike-encrusted uppers have always seemed a bizarre, anti-glamorous, anti-feminine touch unless, perhaps, you are Elsa from Frozen.  We don’t want to spoil Becca’s dream date by mentioning that her motorbike chauffeur has now spent several hours getting tipsy on champagne.  A James Bond-style henchman arrives from a beach or a secret island to deliver a Neil Lane mystery jewelry case.  Becca’s reaction is curiously understated.  Maybe because she knows they’re only loaners?

Arie has nailed his colors to the mast.  If he’s going to be TB for just one season then he’s damn well going to inspect the merchandise in detail by going straight in for a kiss at the earliest opportunity.  At this rate we’ll all be deaf from the cymbal crescendos that accompany every lip-lock.  None of this wait-until-the-evening nonsense for the speed merchant here.

More production follies:  Fleiss & Co. are getting rather casual, even sloppy, about crew members being spotted on camera.  It happened on the first night on the patio and it happens again back at the house while the ladies keep their vigil.  Jenna is in full makeup for reasons unknown, not least because she doesn’t need it.

In the evening, the necklace is presented.  It must have taken superhuman effort for Becca not to dash off to the ladies’ room or whip out a compact mirror to have a look for herself.  Poor girl lost her father at an early age.  It seems that the producers have given up the charade of serving a dinner that is never consumed due to spoilage under hot lights and long shoots/reshoots.  But a table for two is still a dating convention and gives them a place to rest their drinks and, of course, as a place for the coveted rose which is awarded in due course.

Somewhat surprisingly, Krystal is awarded a single date which means a full day of her raspy voice squeaking and breaking.  Are the skintight jeans to blame?  They fly to romantic, scenic, er, Scottsdale AZ where they tour historically and architecturally significant sites like Arie’s high school and, um, Target and Best Buy.

I admit I didn’t watch Emily’s season but it does seem curious that they are downplaying Arie Luyendyk Sr’s stature and achievements in the world of motor sports.  The man won TWO Indianapolis 500s.  That is racing royalty.  Obviously, Arie Jr simply views him as Dad and regards photos from Indy as just more family mementos.  But one gets the feeling that they may not, understandably, want to overshadow Arie Jr or risk the perception of him as a Kardashianesque idle rich kid.  Moreover, ABC/ESPN hold the rights to Indy so archive footage etc. would cost them nothing to use.  It is interesting from an anthropological angle to see that Mr & Mrs Luyendyk are still quintessentially Dutch while their children are quintessentially American.  Nature vs nurture and all that.

Krystal can’t seem to break out of her saccharine fitness video patter and is maddeningly reliant on platitudes and stock phrases (‘That’s really special!’).  She has a habit of staring at Arie’s mouth as he talks then seems to notice she’s doing it and corrects herself.  She mostly squanders this stealth hometown visit…she just doesn’t have the gift of the gab and it’s generally awkward all round.

If Becca is preternaturally slender then Krystal is fighting fit.  ‘Fit But You Know It,’ as UK band The Streets once sang, and it applies to Krystal who is fearless – and calculating - in her choice of a cocktail napkin conscripted to be an evening dress (?) that barely covers the required elements.  Those legs go all the way to the floor.  Speaking of floors, did those two go through all that palaver with the vintage elevator merely to get to the mezzanine?  Take the stairs kids!  You’re only young once!

Krystal (unwittingly) reveals that Denise Austin-style super-duper positivity is something of a front.  She had a deprived, thankless, mostly loveless home life with neither parent showing much interest.  She obviously sought and achieved a much better outcome than her brother but the effects have been devastating for both.

At this point Krystal’s voice has squeaked more than Mariah Carey’s during the whole of her singing career.  It’s actually quite fetching.  There is an understandable physical attraction and Arie quickly adds another kiss to his collection as he presents the rose.  He is eager to, shall we say, get behind the wheel to experience the curves and contours of Krystal’s road course via the pretext of a romantic slow dance in which very little actual dancing occurs.  Keen-eyed viewers may have spotted a green sticker on the singer’s condenser mic reading STUDIO RENTS – an unintentional reminder that this is all temporary stagecraft.  In the end, there is lust but very little chemistry between the two.  To her credit, she is rather tight-lipped about the whole thing the next morning, much to the consternation of her already-bored housemates who are dying for a bit of goss.

Car-crash TV becomes a literal description as no less than 15 Bachelorettes participate in a demolition derby with another Indy legend present in Robby Gordon who came close but never won at the Brickyard.  Tia, apparently viewed by the producers as the authority on all things redneck, enthuses about an activity she is familiar with.  The shadows of Tia’s ludicrous spidery lashes extend all the way past the corners of her mouth.  Have she and Raven been exchanging bad cosmetics advice?  Tia also seems unable to get through a sentence without a leavening of four-letter words.  Very ladylike.

The unique, free-thinking, individualistic Bachelorettes have nevertheless all opted for yoga pants (except Bekah M who has her rock-climbing short shorts on).  Maquel, wearing a tight top, displays an impressive pair of cans.  Of spray paint, that is.  Fair play to the girls for their self-aware sense of humor in decorating their vehicles.  WRONG REASONS was a knowing wink to the audience.

And suddenly, tears.  We’ve had real stories of real childhood tragedies from Becca and Krystal.  From Annaliese we have PTSD resulting from…Dodgems?  A funfair ride is causing this much psychic pain?  It’s hard to tell if the blurry black-and-white ‘flashback’ footage of bumper cars is the producers’ helpful attempt to provide context or is merely a pi**-take of her flimsy basis for a meltdown.  Annaliese soldiers on after the requisite reassuring hug from Arie who, as an ex-racer accustomed to danger and hard licks, must wonder what all the fuss is about.  That vein in her forehead continues to stand out in angry relief even after she’s calmed down.

As someone who rejects categorically the doctrines of cultural appropriation, identity politics, et al, it’s still hard not to notice that most of Bibiana’s on-camera appearances are accompanied by a ‘bed’ of Mexican-restaurant-style Muzak.  On the other hand, she does herself no favors as she mimics the tight-ponytailed, bug-eyed, head-bobbing, gesticulating Latina caricatures once played by Debra Wilson and Nicole Sullivan on MAD TV.  She warns others about digging holes but she’s in a rather deep one of her own making.  She’s this year’s jealous, obsessive contestant as she and moans nonstop about (all together now) spending time with TB, getting to know TB, wanting TB to get to know her, ad infinitum ad nauseum.  We’ve seen her type in every season.  And in school.  And at summer camp.  And at work.  They feel threatened – for good reason – by the competition and resort to tantrums and enforcement of arcane but nonexistent rules.  Polite verbal agreements to establish a pecking order are inevitably broken quickly which only enrages her further.

Chelsea is up to her old tricks and drags Arie off quicksmart for The Big Reveal:  she’s a mother.  To hear her tell it the human race had never reproduced until she gave birth.  Memo to Chelsea:  Arie didn’t call you ‘mysterious’ because you are, well, mysterious as in alluring.  It was a polite way of calling you diffident.  Arie’s body-language reaction to the new is priceless – and telling.  ‘That’s adorable!’ he says in the world’s most unenthusiastic voice with eyes suddenly downcast.  But bro code dictates that men should mentally prepare for this conversation and this topic as it may come up at any point in the meeting and dating process with female strangers.  Play it aces wired.  Do not betray surprise or dismay.  Do not ask about the father and/or the ex even though they’re highly relevant questions and you’re dying to know.  Express enthusiasm even if none exists.  No worries here.  Kids, pets…it’s all the same to Arie as he steams in for another kiss from another girl.

Arie may not risk denting Chelsea’s homemade halo but Marikh isn’t having it.  Her patience runs out as she returns serve on Chelsea’s lecture about making sacrifices.  Jenna, Tia and, of course, Bibiana chime in to agree with Marikh and Chelsea’s smirk quickly turns to a frown and stays that way.

Yalie Sienne relates her background to a suitably impressed Arie who freely admits he may not be her intellectual equal.  She scores a rose later.  Kiss.  Check.  Next!

Bekah M & Arie are clearly already onto The Next Phase as he’s positively giddy to see her again.  She has a graceful neck that was accented by her Opening Night choker and tonight’s slinky knit turtleneck number stands out as well - especially alongside all the de rigueur low-cut black cocktail dresses which seem boring by comparison despite the displays of skin.  Arie gets his kiss of course, but this lengthy one makes the others look like chaste pecks.  Steamy scenes involving serious contenders on TB are often accompanied by reverb-and-tremolo-laden guitar music a la Chris Isaak.  Arie obviously shares the enthusiasm for Bekah’s pixie cut as he eagerly runs his fingers through it.  The lucky bastard.

Back at the RC, Brittany reappears after a rough time of it at the demo derby.  But she’s taken her vehicle to the body shop and – ahem – her bumpers are back in place and in working order although they threaten to spill out of her dress.  The certificate is a clever touch but one suspects Brittany thought it would be an early rose.  In a flat voice she declares it to be ‘really cool.’

No need for cars or motorbikes to provide speed for Arie as he fairly sprints out for another assignation with Bekah.  A properly motivated Bachelor CAN avoid the steal-you-for-a-minute interruptions when he wants some serious alone time and if he finds good hiding places.  ‘I’m simple, no drama and easy to please,’ she says.  As a realtor like Arie might say, don’t keep selling after the sale is already made but that message is always nice to hear…and believable in this case.

Krystal isn't so lucky or smart.  Her progress to date is undone when she ratchets up the cling factor with her clumsy TripAdvisor-style review of the previous day.  Arie’s reaction says it all as she’s rewarded with a mere hug.  Full marks to her, though, for dealing with Bibiana’s jealous, bitter attack as gracefully as possible.

Bibiana really is a nasty piece of work, not least for her bully tactic of claiming that she speaks for everyone in the room.  Unfortunately, most of them are too cowardly to correct her.  She’s another unnecessary producer-dictated holdover kept for Corinne-style cartoon violence.

No great surprises, then, at the RC with the possible exception of Jenny who seemed to be Arie’s type and bravely broke precedent by blanking him on the way out.  Got his attention at least!  There’s been very little interaction with Jacqueline so far even though previews indicated they would have a deep & meaningful™ at some point.

Next week:  Krystal is this year’s Billy Budd contestant…more sinned against than sinner.  Pillow talk with Bekah.  One of the Laurens gets her chance and makes the most of it.  Someone in a sun hat is crying – but who?  Tia joins in with a jag of her own.  Annaliese and her vein are still in bits.  And more tiresome histrionics from Babble-onia.

Activities include violent slamming of bodies and heads and rending of garments.  Oh, and they do some wrestling too.  Will someone please tell Babs it’s supposed to be fake?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Overall, loved it.  Didn't think I would be invested in this season, but I am IN!

I loved your post, and I agree with this.

Did you guys also notice how hard they are trying to please the fans this season?

1. Cocktail parties actually happen - they aren't cancelled every week like on (... was it Nick's season?)

2. Rose ceremonies happen at the end of every episode now.

Not complaining, I am really digging the season so far and look forward to Mondays now.

I also really liked, as @Rainsong mentions, how the ladies just lounged around in sweatpants and no makeup for a while.  Is that normal of this show?  I was also wondering what reaction Rachel Zoe's would be if she had to fit someone over a size two.  I pictured fleeing and screaming.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

They fly to romantic, scenic, er, Scottsdale AZ

yeah, this show did not put Scottsdale on the "must visit" list. 

15 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

The unique, free-thinking, individualistic Bachelorettes have nevertheless all opted for yoga pants (except Bekah M who has her rock-climbing short shorts on). 

I figured there was a memo: wear tight yoga pants. Every single one of them except Bekah! Maybe it makes it easier to put that sexy racing outfit on over them.

• Love 1

Was it just me or did Krystal's voice change DRAMATICALLY in the TH when she relayed not wanting to share much information with the other ladies? Much less squeaking and breathiness.  Originally she was one of my favorites as she seemed dim but so sincere.  When will I learn??? Bachelor, you got me again!

Agree with other posters who are fans of the return to the regular format of the show -- and I adore Arie as the bachelor.  This season looks like it might be pretty good and I'm a total Wrong Reasons Viewer! 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Hey, speaking of last rose, what happened to Harrison coming out, tapping his glass and announcing it's the last rose?

I just died, DIED at this.  He always used to come out to announce the last rose, but the glass tapping was at the cocktail party to coral these bitches to stand in their choir spots for the ceremony.  But I laughed thinking if this show could get anymore dramatic, that would be it.  1 rose left, Chris Harrison walks out, DING DING DING!  "Ladies, this is the last rose.  Arie, last rose" with a nod.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

correctly spelled Becca is quite the catch. 

Becca is more prevalent, but I think it's Rebekah in the Bible, or maybe Hebrew, or something...I'm out of my depth here. 

14 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Still watching, but I guessed Krystal's background by her name. Our social worker (we were foster parents) told me a lot of girls are named Crystal or Krystal...because their moms were addicted to meth.

A second wave of Krystals?  The first one, in the Dynasty era, wasn't enough?

5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

There was no way those diamonds were real, unless they’re just loaners. For all we know, the Loubitons are fake too.  Might as well be, they were fucking tacky.   Way to go Arie.  Make a woman model slinky dresses for you, then force her to stumble around in ugly ass  five inch stripper shoes.  Ugh, this show.

Did you notice how she was walking down the hall in those shoes?    It can't be the first time she's worn high heels, so these must have really been something.

I did like the one combatant who said she'd never seen a pair of Louboutins in person.

4 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Same reaction here:  "Hey, that's clever!"  I also noticed that whoever had car #9 put a "6" before it.  Can't decide if that was clever or not. 

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I find Arie hilarious and adorable. But boy his kissing looks horrible. He looks like he's trying to eat the woman's face off! I can't even watch him kissing anyone.

I'm entranced by his hand-on-the-back-of-the-scalp move.  Isn't that where extensions get installed?

38 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

The Bachelor demolition derby was the best thing I have ever seen. Especially with Robby Gordon and Chris Harrison's color commentary. 

I greatly enjoyed it, too.  They needed something with a car theme, and I don't think putting them in Indy cars on a track would have been a good idea. 

But the color commentary made it for me.  They looked like they were having a ball.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Unpopular opinion. Bekah M annoys the living shit out of me. It's pretty severe. 

Maybe this is unpopular too but Arie is basic as hell. I don't understand why he was chosen. He doesn't seem very bright either. 

I noticed when he told Bibiana to ask him anything he immediately told her about his dog. He didn't even give her a chance to come up with a question.

Speaking of Bibiana, she acts like a prison inmate. Very masculine and kind of ghetto in the way she is so hostile about her time with her man. I'm not a fan of Krystal but I doubt anybody gave a shit that Krystal interrupted Bibiana. Bibs seems to think she's the alpha and all the women will gang up on Krystal now because Bibs didn't get the time she wanted. Bitch, nobody gives a shit about you so stop trying to rally troops. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure the rest of the women are afraid of her and that's not attractive. She really seems over the top like maybe she's gotten into quite a few fights in her day. 

The bumper cars date was so ridiculous. Sorry I don't think this basic ugly Arie is worth whiplash or concussion. What the hell are they thinking? 

I feel like if someone started to tell me about their dog, this is a good icebreaker/conversation started and she could have shown some personality at this time. I think he was expecting her to say AWWW that's sounds so cute. But she just stared at him and said nothing to him about the dog, like how old is he? or How long have you had him? What does it look like or that is so sweet. She just said "oh" and nothing else and looked completely bored. She does seem very masculine with that tight pony tail. I guess the producers give him the boot order. It's so ridiculous at this point, you KNEW she was getting the last rose the whole night. WHY DO I WATCH THIS SHIT??????????

He is very feminine to me. And he is TOO OLD for these girls. Bekah is about 22. He is 36 WTF? I think if he is 36 he needs to date women in their 30's not this baby. It's gross the way both of them are showing their tongues, she is so so so disgusting with her tongue. And that fucking fur? It was like 70 degrees not cold for a fur. She says "I always have to have my fur?" WTF massive hate. She is a nanny? What kind of career is that? Oh it's a good career for a super young woman....

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm entranced by his hand-on-the-back-of-the-scalp move.  Isn't that where extensions get installed?

Now I imagine he is inspecting each girl for realness. Lick the teeth during "kissing" yep, those are fake, grabs back of head during "kissing" yep, those are extensions. He'll be grabbing boobs next. Wait, no, he's classier than that, he will be doing a lot of tight hugging next to check for implants.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And, finally, Arie forcing a hug on Jenna after she was eliminated.  It was very clear that she didn't want to hug him yet he hugged her in spite of her desire.  Then, he went in for another hug, but she met him with a response on that one.  I really hate it when the lead tries to force some type of reconciliation with the ones just eliminated.

This irked me as well, especially as he said, "Give me a hug," not can I have a hug or would you like a hug. Ugh to your unwanted hug!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

This irked me as well, especially as he said, "Give me a hug," not can I have a hug or would you like a hug. Ugh to your unwanted hug!

It has always annoyed me when the lead tries to get the person they just crushed to basically show they aren't mad at them with a hug or a talk or whatever. You know what, you just dumped her, you don't deserve a hug!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

He is very feminine to me. And he is TOO OLD for these girls. Bekah is about 22. He is 36 WTF? I think if he is 36 he needs to date women in their 30's not this baby. It's gross the way both of them are showing their tongues, she is so so so disgusting with her tongue. And that fucking fur? It was like 70 degrees not cold for a fur. She says "I always have to have my fur?" WTF massive hate. She is a nanny? What kind of career is that? Oh it's a good career for a super young woman....

My aunt was telling me how she was dating a 23 yo when she was 13.  Of course this was in the D.R., and they were chaperoned.

but I agree with you.  He’s almost if not a generation older than her.  I have no doubt that her game is as fake as her fur is.  I knew I’d hate her soon. All those surprised “O” faces everytime the doorbell rang.  ZOMG!  That guy that we’re being paid scale to date is actually trying to date us!!!   Fake fake fakerton.  I’m glad the fur is fake though.  And yes she’s still painfully gorgeous and she knows it and has it reinforced every damn day.

i just have to love a girl discerning enough to own vintage taxidermy.  

I wish Bibiana was the badass she thinks she is, but that damned sociopath Krystal was playing with her like a cat with a mouse.   Drop the mic and 23 skidoo.  Bibs is all about the urban dictionary from a couple years ago.  And damn woman, stop lowering your head and thrusting it forward.  You look like a no neck monster, when in reality you’re quite attractive. 

Sienne, I’m shaking my head.  Why are you wasting your time here?   There is no way this woman does not have the pick of the litter.  

Something about Marquel pisses me off.  Just the way she floats around like Glinda the Good Witch or something.  Not that she was shown much.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, dleighg said:
3 hours ago, Rainsong said:

They fly to romantic, scenic, er, Scottsdale AZ

Yep, I moved here 2 years ago and I am not dazzled (understatement).  :-( 

• Love 3

Robby Gordon and Chris's reactions from the sidelines was pretty funny. 

LMAO at the bumper car trauma and reenactment. 

LOL at Krystal, she's so fake.  I loved her being told off about the fake tone and respecting time. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Lemons said:

Krystal looks like Ari’s mother. 

Kristal will look like Arie's mother within six months.

Becca can keep the earrings, but not the Louboutins? Not fair, Fleiss! Not fair!

Sienne needs more time with Arie. I enjoyed Rachel's Bachelorette's season (in spite of the end and the ratings) and I could see her as a Bachelorette candidate. Two WOC Bachelorettes in a row would be cool.

I was hoping for no-neck Bibiana to leave too. If you want to talk to Arie, get off your fat ass and go talk to him.

Jenny: "I lost to a taxidermist". Quote of the night!

Chelsea wasn't annoying this week, but there's always next week.

Every time Arie and Bekah swapped spit, it looked more like The Sexual Predator than The Bachelor. I kept waiting for Chris Hanson to come out and say to Arie, "we have to talk".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Something about Marquel pisses me off.  Just the way she floats around like Glinda the Good Witch or something.  Not that she was shown much.

There's a Marquel? Wait, she's race car girl, right? Was she in this ep?

I do NOT understand the appeal of L...let me go cut and paste this, hang on... Louboutins. Those shoes were ridiculous. I would have been like "um, that's sweet, but can I have the cash instead?" I guess I'm not as girly as I thought I was. lol

• Love 13

Krystal is a piece of work, but Bibiana is the worst. She embodies the one type I simply cannot stand on this show. Bibiana is the one who is constantly complaining about not getting any time with the Bachelor. Which is strange because one would think the "sitting on your ass on the couch, drinking and complaining" tactic would be the surefire way to get some one on one time. If you want time with the Bachelor, go and get it. If you're not going to do that, then shut the fuck up!

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Krystal. She's interesting to me. Also, she looks so much like someone but I can't figure out who

Not sure if you are familiar with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, but she reminds me of Kelli...

tinydancerkqs.jpg?aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Krystal. She's interesting to me. Also, she looks so much like someone but I can't figure out who. She still reminds me of Sugar from Survivor, but I think I'm seeing someone else that I can't place.

She reminds me of Bindi Irwin, the crocodile hunter's daughter.

Becka M reminds me of Max Fuller from Fuller House.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Krystal looks to me like a cross between Bachelorette Emily and Britt Nilsson from Chris Soules’s season.

Yes!  I was seeing Britt in her, too. 

And to random loser who stomped off.  You did not lose to a Taxidermist.  You lost to a Taxidermy Enthuist, who collects vintage.  There is a difference.

i would far rather have gotten a date in a private plane to Scottsdale rather than a tractor ass ride to Des Moines.  Man that Soules season was some broke ass, cheap ass shit.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

I figured there was a memo: wear tight yoga pants. Every single one of them except Bekah! Maybe it makes it easier to put that sexy racing outfit on over them.

I'm pretty sure when they arrived in Scottsdale, they showed the "Welcome to Scottsdale" sign which proclaimed it "most livable city." A ringing endorsement.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Becca is more prevalent, but I think it's Rebekah in the Bible, or maybe Hebrew, or something...I'm out of my depth here. 

That is exactly what it is, spoken as a real-life Becca.

• Love 3

I disliked Krystal on sight because of the breathy voice..then began to warm to her last nite, i am really into fitness and she is in really great shape!! I was a bit surprised that she dressed so down for her date, and then she started to irritate me.....she really does have a very annoying speech pattern which is why I had to laugh when Bibiana made that comment about her tone. She really lost me when she went for Arie the second time....it came off as needy and clingy and annoying and he will keep her around because of the producers. i also firmly beleive the producers picked a woman with a very dysfunctional family to see Aries's seemingly perfect family which upset her even further and created drama. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Unpopular opinion. Bekah M annoys the living shit out of me. It's pretty severe. 

Maybe this is unpopular too but Arie is basic as hell. I don't understand why he was chosen. He doesn't seem very bright either. 

I noticed when he told Bibiana to ask him anything he immediately told her about his dog. He didn't even give her a chance to come up with a question.

Speaking of Bibiana, she acts like a prison inmate. Very masculine and kind of ghetto in the way she is so hostile about her time with her man. I'm not a fan of Krystal but I doubt anybody gave a shit that Krystal interrupted Bibiana. Bibs seems to think she's the alpha and all the women will gang up on Krystal now because Bibs didn't get the time she wanted. Bitch, nobody gives a shit about you so stop trying to rally troops. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure the rest of the women are afraid of her and that's not attractive. She really seems over the top like maybe she's gotten into quite a few fights in her day. 

The bumper cars date was so ridiculous. Sorry I don't think this basic ugly Arie is worth whiplash or concussion. What the hell are they thinking? 

Yes!  Yes!  Bibiana has no feminine qualities what so ever!  There is something very scary about her, as if she would pull out a knife over anything minor.  And to get this upset over being interrupted at the second week!  Oh, ugh...

• Love 2

Poor Brittany. All I could think during the car wreck date was how there was no way to walk away without a massive headache and whiplash. Does that make me old? Also he must not be that into her if he didn’t get into the ambulance and insist on accompanying her.

Seinne is nice but was so nervous and skipped right over her opportunity to bond with Arie about Scottsdale and went on listing her resume. He gave her a great opening and she didn’t take it. She seems young, someone who is smart and well traveled but doesn’t necessarily have the life experience or relationship experience to go with it. I do want to get to know her better.

Annaliese was an early favorite, I even had her in my top 4, but have to rescind that now. She is delicate.

Edited by betha
  • Love 3

So interesting you said that, in prior seasons anyone that got injured  on a date, the bachelor or bachelorette would always go to hospital and visit! I thought it was pretty rude of him to just have the party when one of his ettes was in the hospital! They should have at least had him visit. Her or something .

• Love 6

All I could think during the car wreck date was how there was no way to walk away without a massive headache and whiplash.

Same. If they wanted to do racing, what's wrong with go-karts? However, Robby Gordon looked like he was having a ball with Chris Harrison. 

it does seem curious that they are downplaying Arie Luyendyk Sr’s stature and achievements in the world of motor sports.  The man won TWO Indianapolis 500s.  That is racing royalty.  Obviously, Arie Jr simply views him as Dad and regards photos from Indy as just more family mementos.  But one gets the feeling that they may not, understandably, want to overshadow Arie Jr or risk the perception of him as a Kardashianesque idle rich kid.  Moreover, ABC/ESPN hold the rights to Indy so archive footage etc. would cost them nothing to use.

Never really thought of Arie Jr as the Kardashian-esque rich kid before. He just had the dumb luck to be coming up in Indycar as the series went thru a ridiculous management civil war that effectively destroyed its US fanbase and made ride-buying a much more likely way of getting a seat rather than pure driving talent. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also didn't like his make-out session with Bekka (who annoys me to no end-she so overreacted to every single thing in the house when the date cards came in; she is really vying for attention from the camera people), as he looked so old compared to her.  I'm sure he doesn't know her age as she has refused to disclose it (again, vying for the media and fan attention), but it just seemed wrong.

She just looks really young, which kind of turns my stomach. She's only one year younger than Maquel, who looks to me in some shots like a 54 year old who's had a wind-tunnel facelift. But Bekka also has that supposedly charming fake sex kitten thing, and the cute haircut and the throaty laugh - so she seems like a very mature 16 year old. Barf.

12 hours ago, Rainsong said:

Becca K is a curious choice for a single date to say nothing of the very first date.  Krystal and Chelsea’s self-protective reactions are unchanging:  they talk about themselves some more.

I noted to myself: pity date. I'm suprised people think of her as a front runner. There was no chemistry there, and she got showered in expensive gifts to take home. And when does the first date woman ever "win", they tend to get cut near final five or six because "other relationships developed more" - the only things she has going for her in curb appeal for Arie is she's kind of distant and cold, which seems somewhat his thing. But he just had no oomph in his eyes or his (put that tongue away!) kissing with her.

I think Krystal is more Arie's type and I am a sucker for that sort of woman who puts the energy into living her life with a fake voice, that takes commitment! But as others have said she's spoiling things with her double interruption and won't last long. I went from rooting madly for her to wanting to thump her on the head with a vase during the cocktail party.

I think Bette Davis eyes Jaqueline is my favorite contender. Bibiana dropped down the ranks for me fast with all that punchy anger and suddenly looked like a boxer in drag, but will add some drama.  I almost died of boredom during that first date and was only saved from near-death by Krystal's act and uncanny resemblance to Arie's mother, and the bad timing of her remarks. I do wish Arie would save the tongue for special occasions. It was his youthful ardor and passion that made him so compelling in Emily's season - not his freaking tongue.

Edited by violet and green
typo; geez, more typos
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I believe the necklace, at least, was a loaner, because we only saw him telling her she got to keep the earrings. But yeah, I'm with those who found that whole thing a bit creepy. The ride to get wherever that was looked like fun, though. Those roads looked beautiful, and with some fun swooping. I wouldn't want to ride on that seat for very long, though.

10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Ugh, yes. The begging for the dumpee to not think of the dumper as a bad guy is annoying enough, but seriously, dude, you are not entitled to a hug that she clearly does not want. How, especially in the current climate, has anyone not clued into the fact that that sort of thing is not cool?

But seriously, this is the first time she's ever been dumped? Oh honey. Sooner or later it's bound to happen to you by someone you actually know and care about, and, although it probably won't involve the embarrassment of having it shown on TV, it will still be much much worse than this was, so brace yourself.

6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, strictly speaking, everything in an English Bible is a transliteration, because Hebrew, Aramaic, and the various other languages it was originally written in do not use the same alphabet as English does, so there isn't really a "correct" spelling using our alphabet...

Bibiana had me rolling my eyes pretty hard. I'm really not sure exactly how she expected to obtain the "time with Arie" (drink!) she wanted, since she appeared to be entirely unwilling to go after it herself. Was she expecting to get called up when it was her turn or something? Has she never seen this show? Even her reaction toward the end of the group date, when she was all "You think I want to go talk to him now?" I mean, you've been whining about nothing else all evening, so... yes?

The demolition derby, though, although probably a terrible choice for a date activity, was fun to watch. And I'll even admit to feeling a little for Annaliese. I have been in a bumper car exactly once in my life, and I found it a singularly unpleasant experience. It didn't traumatize me quite the way it seems to have her, but the idea that it could didn't seem entirely beyond the realm of believability to me. Live long enough, and you learn that there are all kinds of bizarre phobias out there, and even the ridiculous ones are just as intense to the people who have them as the more understandable ones are.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

Even her reaction toward the end of the group date, when she was all "You think I want to go talk to him now?" I mean, you've been whining about nothing else all evening, so... yes?

OMG I'd forgotten about that part. She was pissed because by the time she got to have time with him she was sloppy drunk. Don't fucking drink until you've had time with him idiot! I think she, like most of these "hot" women, is used to being approached in bars, used to being chased, used to having guys swarm around them. They all think they are special in that way (when they are all pretty much the same in that way) and that the Bach will go out of his way to find them. That's the fairytale. That "out of all these pretty women the Bach will want to spend time with me, he will come looking for me because I'm so much more special than anyone else." So they don't want to be the one to go after him, that's what ugly girls do! They want him to want them more than anyone else without them making an effort. When it doesn't happen they freak out. It has happened to so many of them over the years. 

There seem to be the aggressive women, they go hunt the bach down, make sure he seems them. They take off their clothes, they make the first move. They are the Gingers, the seductresses, the "bad girls". Then there are the princesses, the Mary Ann's the "good girls" who sit on the sidelines like the ugly girls at a high school dance just hoping their prince charming will notice them and come and validate them. Of course there are also the producer planted, straight up bitches who don't give a shit about anyone and will dry hump the bachelor every chance they get. They used to amuse me, but the longer the show goes on the more fake and rehearsed and repetitive they become. It gets boring. 

My favorites have always been the Onion Ashleys, the Crazy Clares, hell, even the delusional Kelsey Poe's was amusing in her nutcaseness. I like a little crazy with my Bachelor. So far I can't find a fun crazy girl in this bunch. Maybe taxidermy girl? IDK. Bibiana is crazy, but she's more a sleep with your eyes open because she's going to kill you in your sleep kind of crazy, not the good kind. 

• Love 9