Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Ghosted

• Start Topic

I absolutely HATE how the corners of Whitney's mouth turn up so much when she talks- not even smiling, JUST TALKING. That's all I could stare at when she was reading from her phone. Sorry for the caps but that whole scene left me infuriated, with Whitney's way over-the-top reactions and her ~girlfriends~ sitting on her bed all scandalized like they were at a slumber party. And Whit scrolling through her stupid phone and very obviously eating up all the drama. She is in her 30s and acts like a high schooler. It was embarrassing to witness and makes me ashamed to be a young person. 

• Love 6

When Buddy and Twit were eating cereal and Buddy talks about when he was a kid and the doctor (?) said something about consuming too much milk and Twit said she was told the same thing. It made me think of Marilu Henner's book from ... oh... wow... a decade ago (or more?) and one of her big things was giving up dairy and how weird it is that we drink "cow's milk" because all cow's milk is good for it to turn calfs into 400-500 pound cows. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

When Buddy and Twit were eating cereal and Buddy talks about when he was a kid and the doctor (?) said something about consuming too much milk and Twit said she was told the same thing. It made me think of Marilu Henner's book from ... oh... wow... a decade ago (or more?) and one of her big things was giving up dairy and how weird it is that we drink "cow's milk" because all cow's milk is good for it to turn calfs into 400-500 pound cows. 

If you could see how I'm staring at this screen. You have simultaneously blown my mind and ruined my full milk Cheerios. 

Feels like someone killed Santa. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

If you could see how I'm staring at this screen. You have simultaneously blown my mind and ruined my full milk Cheerios. 

LOL. I'm sorry. Not my intention. Just that scene brought that passage back to my mind. At the time, I gave up dairy and went into mourning over the cheeses I could no longer eat. It was horrible! 

5 hours ago, kewpiedolls said:

I absolutely HATE how the corners of Whitney's mouth turn up so much . . .

I've commented before that I think the shape her mouth forms when it's open is peculiar, esp. with those front teeth that are so much larger than the rest.

Someone called it her Joker mouth & I thought that was the perfect description.

• Love 7
On 1/16/2018 at 8:35 PM, kewpiedolls said:

I absolutely HATE how the corners of Whitney's mouth turn up so much when she talks- not even smiling, JUST TALKING. That's all I could stare at when she was reading from her phone. Sorry for the caps but that whole scene left me infuriated, with Whitney's way over-the-top reactions and her ~girlfriends~ sitting on her bed all scandalized like they were at a slumber party. And Whit scrolling through her stupid phone and very obviously eating up all the drama. She is in her 30s and acts like a high schooler. It was embarrassing to witness and makes me ashamed to be a young person. 

JOKER VIBE.

Nothing remotely redeemable about that Giant Human Turd

• Love 2

It’s a new thing. I saw them for sale at the UPS store the other day. They are to help you hold your phone and make you less likely to drop it. it can also be used as a little stand to prop your phone up—although I don’t know how good it is for that.

Its actually quite amazing! The one i use is by a brand called Popsockets. Love it!!

I'm old but my teenaged daughter bought me a popsocket for Christmas. I love it - didn't expect to. I also got the clip thing you can stick on your dashboard so you can slide the popsocket into it, thereby sticking your phone on your dash for navigation and such. It was one of the best gifts I got.

I finally figured out what it was about the Glenn tree-hugging a tree photo that was bothering me so much. The way it's composed and staged, it reminds me of school pictures for preschoolers - where they cross their arms over a fencepost or whatever. Glenn looks like he's hugging the tree and it might be helping stand up a little. It's very odd...

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I finally figured out what it was about the Glenn tree-hugging a tree photo that was bothering me so much. . . .

Glenn looks like he's hugging the tree and it might be helping stand up a little. It's very odd...

Twit has explained the pose twice in live videos -- while braying & gasping with laughter becuz it's just too precious, isn't it.

Twit sez she saw him hanging onto the tree & asked him why. He replied, something on the order of "Well, I saw all the girls doing it." 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Twit has explained the pose twice in live videos -- while braying & gasping with laughter becuz it's just too precious, isn't it.

Twit sez she saw him hanging onto the tree & asked him why. He replied, something on the order of "Well, I saw all the girls doing it." 

It does look a lot like the photos from Spring Break with drunk students holding onto trees/poles trying not to fall over. Seems like an odd scenario for a 70+ year old man to recreate non-ironically though.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Dot said:

That is hysterical. I like her parents. They'd have so much more fun with a different kid.

• Love 1
On 1/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Brooklynista said:

almond milk....no one needs to die to have yummy cereal...I wont go into detail...but the calves dont get the milk meant for the them, sooooo...yeah...they usually dont make it even...one day...unless they are turned into veal.

?

Edited by Christi
35 minutes ago, Christi said:

almond milk....no one needs to die to have yummy cereal...I wont go into detail...but the calves dont get the milk meant for the them, sooooo...yeah...they usually dont make it even...one day...unless they are turned into veal.

?

That's actually false. They're nursed for a few days and then bottle fed. 

• Love 1

They're nursed for a few days and then bottle fed

But is it milk? I tend to think it is an industrial product similar to baby formula.  Somewhere recently I saw that adult cows were fed stale Cheerios and baked goods to put weight on them. I know for certain that a small pig farmer that is local to me gets truckloads of bakery products from grocery stores to fatten up his hogs.  He tosses the bags right in the pens and lets the animals decide how to get to the foodstuffs without ingesting the plastic.

An individual dairy farmer could feed calves Pepsi (like my sister-in-law gave infants, in baby bottles) but the typical dairy farmer does what keeps the babies healthy. 

Edited by AUJulia

So, I wanted to be sure I wasn't giving misinformation about the contents of milk replacer for calves. Apparently the dry powder can sometimes contain soy which is difficult for the calf to digest. This article explains how it negatively affects their digestion. In one case the farmer was advised to buy milk from the supermarket instead of using the commercially available milk replacer.

http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com/check-the-ingredients-of-your-calf-milk-replacer-now/

uh, ok. 

I drink skim, almond milk gives me diarrhea and some grocery stores underpay their employees. 

Sorry, the original comment was hyperbolic and seems to have set the standard. But if I liked hyperbole I'd like Whitney's current Avi storyline, and I don't. 

Over and out. 

• Love 1

Watching her try on wedding dresses when she has no clue if Avi actually wants to be with her (let alone proposes) was all kinds of hilarious. She brought on the crushing disappointment on herself. But her complaints about how every dress was so hot and uncomfortable were pure gold and had me laughing. This woman lives in spandex, so any clothing with weight and structure would feel strange and wedding dresses have a lot of structure in order to make the bride look her best, no matter what size. I've seen hundreds of plus-sized brides on Say Yes To The Dress who end up looking amazing in gowns that provide support and shape. But gods forbid that Whiny experience even a slight moment of discomfort and wear something that doesn't make her look like fifty pounds squeezed into a five pound sack.

• Love 2