Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: Whitney's Fabulous!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems to have soured Whit on romance too.  That's normal.  I wonder how long before she get the courage to get back out there. 

*snort*

Edited by Dot
  • Love 10

Yeah, Whitney is not single because she doesn't have "the courage to get back out there," she is single because NOBODY WILL HAVE HER. She would hump a flagpole right now if it paid her a bit of attention.

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Not every man hates fat women-most people who want to be in a relationship can find one. People come in all shapes and sizes and everyone deserves love, not just the skinny women in the world. 

What are you even responding to? Nobody has said in this entire forum that only skinny women deserve love or that Whitney can't land a man just because of her size.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

What are you even responding to? Nobody has said in this entire forum that only skinny women deserve love or that Whitney can't land a man just because of her size.

Exactly. If anything the forum is full of comments that are the exact opposite. It’s her personality and narcissism that makes her unattractive. She could be 110 lbs with 5% body fat and she would still seem ugly to me because of the way she acts. She may end up “landing a man” anyway, but her major hurdle in doing so isn’t her weight. 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t believe that-as long as people are calling her half ton, saying she is a pig, hippo, elephant etc, they are talking about her size. Can you show me examples of people who are not fat being called these names?

I’m really not sure what you are trying to say. Of course there are times people on the forum talk about her size. WHITNEY talks about her size. The show is called My BIG FAT fabulous life. So when she lays out on a bed with her ass in the air asking her friend to rub stuff on her butt because she can’t reach it or she takes over 2 1/3 hours to walk/crawl 4 miles all while claiming to be healthy, people are going to comment on her size and how it’s disabling her and if she doesn’t change will eventually kill her. But no one on this forum has ever said she can’t get a man because she’s fat. No one has said she doesn’t deserve love because  she’s fat.  It she’s fat. She’s morbidly obese. That isn’t being cruel. It’s reality. And no matter what Whitney claims, it’s not fabulous. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t believe that-as long as people are calling her half ton, saying she is a pig, hippo, elephant etc, they are talking about her size. Can you show me examples of people who are not fat being called these names?

I call people who disgust me "pig" and "cow" all the time, to describe behavior that repulses me. I specifically DON'T with Whit because I don't want to bury the lede: she is a terrible, noxious person despite her weight, not because of it. 

• Love 19
53 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I call people who disgust me "pig" and "cow" all the time, to describe behavior that repulses me. I specifically DON'T with Whit because I don't want to bury the lede: she is a terrible, noxious person despite her weight, not because of it. 

Whitney is a pig and a cow because she lives in dirt like a barnyard animal. She doesn't clean up after herself. Her car is full of trash. She is unable or unwilling to have any kind of personal hygeine. Her hair is almost always greasy, she's visibly sweaty and grimy, and she can't wipe her own ass.

Come to think of it, pigs and cows are cleaner than Whitney.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Hmmm I guess you’ve been ignoring the police who are/have been called pigs? The men called chauvinist pigs? Shall I continue?

• Love 8

Don’t know if this will count as unpopular but hear me out!

Whitney is emotionally abusive to her family and friends. She seems to enjoy verbally abusing her mother, giving her parents bad news, just look at Buddy and Heather right now. Heck, just look at Buddy. An addict trying to make himself better and not only does Whitney want to make it about her, she relishes forcing him into uncomfortable positions. Why did Whit have to moderate the unnecessary talk between Buddy and Heather? Because she relishes in others pain. She is sick. She is abusive.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, thebigboot said:

Whitney is emotionally abusive to her family and friends. She seems to enjoy verbally abusing her mother, giving her parents bad news, just look at Buddy and Heather right now. Heck, just look at Buddy. An addict trying to make himself better and not only does Whitney want to make it about her, she relishes forcing him into uncomfortable positions. Why did Whit have to moderate the unnecessary talk between Buddy and Heather? Because she relishes in others pain. She is sick. She is abusive.

I could agree with this. I was going to posit a theory that she does it or has developed the unconscious habit of doing it (and thereby the associated pleasure from it) because it's a way to get her own back for being fat-shamed all her life. But she wasn't fat-shamed all her life because she wasn't fat (by her own account) until college. So there's no childhood trauma (that she's owned up to or talked about at least) that would explain that. All indications that she was of average weight and popular in her youth and through high school. She has talked about all the sexual encounters she had in college - at least pre-weight gain. So I'm left scratching my head at what might have made her that way. Just a mean streak? Extremely low self-esteem? But from what? I do totally agree that she relishes others' pain or being the one to deliver the bad news. Being in the middle of things when things are good is one thing but she does seem to take particular pleasure in being in the middle of the bad stuff too. Probably also feels like it takes the spotlight of criticism (even the most well-meaning of suggestions about her weight/health/childless status/etc.) off her and highlights how un-fabulous the people around her are/can be and she looks fabulous by comparison - even if only for a little while.

• Love 7
On 3/21/2018 at 3:18 PM, Madding crowd said:

Twit's size is a very real part of her though. She has decided to market herself as a morbidly obese woman who has this alleged "fabulous" life, but who over and over again demonstrates that she's got very real issues related to her weight and size. Instead of taking responsibility for her part in her weight and blaming everything except what she puts in her mouth for her weight and refusing to even make any concessions to any sort of healthy behaviors while actively encouraging others not to diet, she's making herself a really dangerous role model. I'm not saying she has to be a size 2 or even a size 8, but when she tells a fan who's stated "I just lost 20 lbs." that the fan is somehow wrong for trying to lose weight, she's a horrible person.

A lot of her problems are very much related to her size though. She wasn't able to walk 4 miles in almost 2 1/2 hours without carrying on like she had been shot. She can't apply her own chaffing cream. We've seen she struggles to tie her shoes. She struggles climbing stairs. None of these ae "fabulous" aspects of life.

Quite frankly, her toxic personality is more the problem to me. I think she could be a size 0, but her personality would keep me far from her. She's self-centered, narcissistic, mean, creepy, and rude. That's the reason I think she's not found someone to date long-term. It has nothing to do with her weight and everything to do with not wanting to be around her.

• Love 16

I think she also hasn't found anyone to date because she doesn't do anything that would enable her to meet people.  People in their 30s tend to meet people through work or through friends.  She seems to hang with a very restricted group, and they don't seem to do anything but hang around her house, and she doesn't  have a job.  Unless she runs off with a production assistant :)

• Love 14

People in their 30s tend to meet people through work or through friends.  She seems to hang with a very restricted group, and they don't seem to do anything but hang around her house, and she doesn't  have a job.  Unless she runs off with a production assistant :)

A lot of people I know have met boyfriends/husbands/partners through online dating (or now, phone apps - I don't know if "online dating" is an old fashioned term. I think that Whitney has done that - is that how she met Avi? I'm surprised we don't see an online dating storyline.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

A lot of people I know have met boyfriends/husbands/partners through online dating (or now, phone apps - I don't know if "online dating" is an old fashioned term. I think that Whitney has done that - is that how she met Avi? I'm surprised we don't see an online dating storyline.

Well, she (allegedly) met Lennie through on-lining dating, she (allegedly) met the guy who turned out to be her distant cousin (the one where she acted as if having dinner with the poor guy was full-on incest) through on-line dating, there have been a couple of scenes of Tal and others helping her write on-line dating profiles . . .

• Love 6

Well, she (allegedly) met Lennie through on-lining dating, she (allegedly) met the guy who turned out to be her distant cousin (the one where she acted as if having dinner with the poor guy was full-on incest) through on-line dating, there have been a couple of scenes of Tal and others helping her write on-line dating profiles . . .

Ahhhh - I guess if I'm going to watch the show and talk about it, I should actually pay attention.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2018 at 4:18 PM, Madding crowd said:

On 3/21/2018 at 5:25 PM, Pachengala said:

On 3/21/2018 at 6:27 PM, thebigboot said:

Hmmm I guess you’ve been ignoring the police who are/have been called pigs? The men called chauvinist pigs? Shall I continue?

I'm skinny and I've consistently referred to myself as a "pig" for the way I eat. Seriously, get a gallon of ice cream or a cheesecake sampler anywhere near me and I'm like a magnet. I'll eat the whole darn thing. 

I also use the term to refer to someone who doesn't seem to have very clean living conditions. Whit's litterbox and garbage-strewn car qualifies that adjective. 

• Love 9

The thing about online dating is that she will then only get men who want an obese woman, which she claimed she didn't want, before she thought it was great that Avi felt that way.  Given a menu of ladies, men aren't picking the 400 pounder unless they're into that.  If she wants someone to just know her and fall for her, she needs to behave more nicely and go places where she can meet new people.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, thebigboot said:

I'd say that's a very popular opinion, and you'll get a lot of support in any thread but this one.  

• Love 12
On 3/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, Madding crowd said:

Not every man hates fat women-most people who want to be in a relationship can find one. People come in all shapes and sizes and everyone deserves love, not just the skinny women in the world. 

Not sure what the skinny women is in reference to, but I know my dislike for Whitney comes from her attitude and the way she treats people in her life as it’s presented on the show.  The only thing that irritates me in relation to her size is that she insists on promoting the idea that being hundreds of pounds overweight is a healthy.  As far as deserving love, of course people of all sizes deserve love and hopefully they don’t  treat people like indentured servants. As far as a relationship, you couldn’t pay me enough to date any of the people on this show and size or looks have nothing to do with it.

• Love 12

I'm talking about this forum and the idea that people are not talking about her weight when they say she can never get a man. 

All anyone has to do is watch a couple of episodes of My 600 Pound Life to know that overweight people can find romantic partners. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say or imply that overweight people don't deserve love. 

I haven't really been impressed with what we have seen of Whitney's relationships. Her constant insistence that she and Lenny "were in lurrrvvveeeee" drove me nuts. It seemed very adolescent. For some reason, that word choice just grated - she never said "I love him" but "we're in love. WE ARE IN LOVE." The whole thing with Avi was a mess. He was a con artist and she ignored all kinds of screaming clues. In the early seasons of the show, I could see where she and Buddy might have had a good fit and they did genuinely seem to care about one another. At this point, though, I don't think that Buddy can be a decent partner to anyone - he has too much work on himself to do and that is where his focus should be. 

I feel pretty much the same way about Whitney - I think that her weight is probably the least of the factors in her ability (or lack thereof) to form and sustain a relationship. 

Given a menu of ladies, men aren't picking the 400 pounder unless they're into that.

I think, given a menu of humans, most humans will pick the one they find attractive in some way. I don't necessarily find anything wrong with that. Everyone - everyone - has preferences for various characteristics in a partner, including physical traits. There is absolutely no shame in wanting to be physically attracted to your partner. Some people need that right away. Other people are able to wait and see if it develops. I understand that Whitney doesn't want someone to be with her solely because she is obese and her partner finds that attractive, but I think it's ridiculous for her to say that she unilaterally rejects men who are "chubby chasers." That would be like her saying that she won't date men she finds attractive because she doesn't want to be with them just for their looks.

I'm not saying this well. She won't date men who find her attractive because she is fat. But I don't think she'd be pleased to know that the man she is dating is attracted to her in spite of the fact that she is fat. And the only men who don't fall into either of those categories are, literally, blind men. Whom, thus far, she hasn't dated on the show. So I'm not sure who that leaves that she would find acceptable to date...

• Love 5

During one of the online dating segments, she did a great deal of quick left swiping of guys she wasn't attracted to or weren't spongeworthy or whatever.  I don't know how much information was on those screens but it sure seemed to be based on physical attributes.  So immediately she limited herself to only a few guys, and they weren't necessarily going to be interested in her online page.  She wants the cute ones, and she's eliminated all the really fat ones as being a "bad fit", LOL.  No waiting to see what develops for Whitney!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not saying this well. She won't date men who find her attractive because she is fat. But I don't think she'd be pleased to know that the man she is dating is attracted to her in spite of the fact that she is fat. And the only men who don't fall into either of those categories are, literally, blind men. Whom, thus far, she hasn't dated on the show. So I'm not sure who that leaves that she would find acceptable to date...

Anyone who would have her!  LOL

I get what you are saying - IMO her problem is that she knows she's not the average dude's cup of tea but hates to admit it because that's not so fabulous.  She didn't want a chubby chaser - but she seemed thrilled to report that Avi only dates big women.  She doesn't want to date heavy guys - but was totally into Roy when she thought he was "in the bag".  I think she'd love to show us Whitney In a Relationship but that's easier said than done, as we've seen.  And of course being on TV makes everything harder for real for her to find a guy, and suspect from our point of view.  Poor Lenny was on camera from their internet-instigated first date, to blowing her off and then being pulled back for Fake Pregnancy Storyline, and we know he was using a fake name (and possibly a fake beard) on the show.  But the way she was IN LOVE with him, and had Roy IN THE BAG, and was MARRYING Avi says to me "desperate and thrilled for the attention."  Which is why I was going to refer to my line about "anyone who would have her" as a joke, but it's really not.  I think it's true.  Her "standards" fly out the window every time she thinks she's got a live one, which tells me they are just more excuses for why she really is fabulous, even if we can't tell by looking :)

Edited by princelina
  • Love 5

Didn’t Whitney say on the show before the Roy fiasco, she doesn’t date fat guys because of “logistics” or something of the sort, so I’d think Whitney was the one,who at least at some point was limiting whom deserved her loved based on their size.  Either way, only speaking for myself, but Whitney’s “undesirablesness” if you want to call it that comes from what is shown of her personality.  

The one positive thing I can say is that the people/actors/whatever you want to call them appear to be having a good time in her dance class, so I do think she can be personable in some settings.  I don’t know how that translates into her real love or social life, in general, because most of her friends she posts about or talks about are her high school friends and they seem stuck in “junior high” mode, while the others are Avi’s “victims”, so it’s basically them bashing him (somewhat understandably); thus it is hard to tell what she would be like in the actual dating world because half the dating relationships on the show I’m convinced were storylines and the others were relationships only in Whitney’s mind.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Didn’t Whitney say on the show before the Roy fiasco, she doesn’t date fat guys because of “logistics” or something of the sort, so I’d think Whitney was the one,who at least at some point was limiting whom deserved her loved based on their size.  Either way, only speaking for myself, but Whitney’s “undesirablesness” if you want to call it that comes from what is shown of her personality.  

The one positive thing I can say is that the people/actors/whatever you want to call them appear to be having a good time in her dance class, so I do think she can be personable in some settings.  I don’t know how that translates into her real love or social life, in general, because most of her friends she posts about or talks about are her high school friends and they seem stuck in “junior high” mode, while the others are Avi’s “victims”, so it’s basically them bashing him (somewhat understandably); thus it is hard to tell what she would be like in the actual dating world because half the dating relationships on the show I’m convinced were storylines and the others were relationships only in Whitney’s mind.

She did say that - IMO it was her excuse for not wanting to pick fat guys off of the internet.  When she met one in person (Roy) and he was nice to her, suddenly that was no longer a concern.  As far as her dance class goes, we know that's not a real class, and only happens for filming purposes, so they are probably happy to be there because it's fun to be on tv.  She can be personable once in a while, but I'm pretty sure a dating relationship would be like all of her other relationships.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, princelina said:

As far as her dance class goes, we know that's not a real class, and only happens for filming purposes, so they are probably happy to be there because it's fun to be on tv.  

Yep . . . and there's probably a production assistant off camera holding up signs that say, "LOOK HAPPY" or "LAUGH OUT LOUD" or "LOOK LIKE THIS IS HARD, AND NO ONE CAN DO IT BUT WHITNEY."  They do that for all scripted shows with an audience.

• Love 7
On 3/23/2018 at 1:16 PM, Elizzikra said:

Ahhhh - I guess if I'm going to watch the show and talk about it, I should actually pay attention.

Naahhh... paying attention is getting SO hard! I feel like I pay way more attention to what's going on here in the forum than actually on the screen.

• Love 4
On 3/7/2018 at 8:02 AM, Dot said:

You mean like how Twit dumped her transgender BFF, Mattie, this season becuz she had the audacity to lobby for her own TLC show?

Twit demands absolute loyalty from the barnacles, but sees no need to exhibit that quality herself.

TLC might have had Mattie go away so as not to dilute Whitney’s brand, so to speak. 

I’m a lot closer to Babs’s age so I look at Whitney from a mom’s perspective, I guess. I don’t hate her at all but I am embarrassed for her at times, when she acts in a vulgar way or doesn’t recognize boundaries. I also imagine that production encourages that schtick. 

I don’t always like the parents and I think Babs, especially, is shitty to Whitney sometimes. She makes very snide mean-girl remarks at times, like saying she would throw Whitney under the bus but she wouldn’t fit. Honestly, wouldn’t you be terribly hurt if anyone, let alone your mom, said that to you?? She knows she’s fat. Taking shots at her isn’t the way to make her change. 

I think both parents show have a lot of expectations about their kids’ lives. Nag nag nag about finding a man and having a baby, etc. LAY OFF. Add shitty comments to that and I think you either get a kid with no confidence, or a rebel of some kind. Whitney looks to me to be doing plenty of things to get Babs’ goat, but sadly is hurting herself more. 

I hope she can get herself into a healthier state, and soon. I think her insistence that she is happy being so large is a kind of whistling in the dark. I hope she isn’t staying large just so that her parents can’t say WE TOLD YOU SO if she were to get more fit and regain abilities. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Babs, especially, is shitty to Whitney sometimes. She makes very snide mean-girl remarks at times, like saying she would throw Whitney under the bus but she wouldn’t fit. Honestly, wouldn’t you be terribly hurt if anyone, let alone your mom, said that to you?? She knows she’s fat. Taking shots at her isn’t the way to make her change. 

Babs' snark, which I believe is why she is so popular, invariably is fat-shaming.  But not recognized as fat-shaming by those people who want to worship Whitney.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Brooks said:

Babs' snark, which I believe is why she is so popular, invariably is fat-shaming.  But not recognized as fat-shaming by those people who want to worship Whitney.

Yes, I’m amazed how Whitney’s soul is crushed by strangers’ comments she actively seeks out online, but seemingly her mother’s snide remarks about her weight are fine.

• Love 10
On 3/21/2018 at 1:38 PM, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, Whitney is not single because she doesn't have "the courage to get back out there," she is single because NOBODY WILL HAVE HER. She would hump a flagpole right now if it paid her a bit of attention.

Yes! 110% Clarewalks!!! No one will have her is right!!! I guess we are to believe someone as “senshus” as she is (lol) isn’t trying to find someone to stalk date!   I love how she thinks that we’re stupid! We know that no one wants her and her comeback is “I’m not even thinking about dating!” She broke it off with Lennie because she thought Roy “was in the bag” according to her.  Now Lennie doesn’t want anything to do with her so then she pays dates Avi who obviously was just there for the money! Then she said that she was interested in Buddy’s friend Zach! I guess that was one sided as they always are with her BUT she’s not interested in a relationship! Hahaha!!! 

• Love 2
On 3/22/2018 at 8:10 PM, thebigboot said:

Yes!! She is very abusive!  I think she is so miserable with her life that she enjoys other people’s pain! She’s also super pushy and controlling of other people because she has no control over her own life! Telling her Mom that “no way, no how” can she drive when a DOCTOR said she could! How pushy can you be to just go down unannounced to Charleston and just think Buddy is sitting around waiting for her!  Todd even said, Buddy needs time to get acclimated. Then she had that stupid look on her face like how could he not want to see me.  She’s a stalker (i.e. Lennie, Buddy, Avi, tracking down Avi’s girlfriends)  She doesn’t read social cues! I definitely think she has some personality disorder though. IMO, Cluster B disorders (dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders) like Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality Disorders at the very least! 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

Yes!! She is very abusive!  I think she is so miserable with her life that she enjoys other people’s pain! She’s also super pushy and controlling of other people because she has no control over her own life! Telling her Mom that “no way, no how” can she drive when a DOCTOR said she could! How pushy can you be to just go down unannounced to Charleston and just think Buddy is sitting around waiting for her!  Todd even said, Buddy needs time to get acclimated. Then she had that stupid look on her face like how could he not want to see me.  She’s a stalker (i.e. Lennie, Buddy, Avi, tracking down Avi’s girlfriends)  She doesn’t read social cues! I definitely think she has some personality disorder though. IMO, Cluster B disorders (dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders) like Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality Disorders at the very least! 

There's some links someone posted in one of these threads detailing  different personality types and Whitney had every one of the Histrionic personality traits.  She looks exhausting to be around, she and I could never be friends. 

Her chasing after Buddy is so pathetic.  I think he's trying to get away from her, he really deteriorated after moving in with her.  He gained alot of weight in addition to his substance abuse addictions.  Look at Season 1 Buddy compared to Season 5, he's like 2 different people.   I hope Tal survives, if he really did move in with her. 

• Love 5
On 3/22/2018 at 8:10 PM, thebigboot said:

not to defend her, but it's pretty clear watching the show that her parents are dysfunctional and she learned this behavior from them.  I admire her patience with her dad treating her like garbage because of her weight.  I would have called him out on how short he is by now.  no wonder the woman has zero self esteem and expects men to treat her like shit. If your own dad tells you how you won't find a man because of her weight how is she supposed to think it would be any different. The parent's can be narsasists too with all the preasure to have grandchildren for them.  Parents who treat their children with conditional love like this no wonder she and her brother have all these addictions to deal with these feelings of worthlessness.   Despite dealing with all this family shit that doesn't mean that it's ever too late for the girl to acknowledge her issues,  take personal responsibility and create adult boundaries and relationships, get mentally and physically healthy

• Love 5
16 hours ago, purpledragonqueen said:

not to defend her, but it's pretty clear watching the show that her parents are dysfunctional and she learned this behavior from them.  I admire her patience with her dad treating her like garbage because of her weight.  I would have called him out on how short he is by now.  no wonder the woman has zero self esteem and expects men to treat her like shit. If your own dad tells you how you won't find a man because of her weight how is she supposed to think it would be any different. The parent's can be narsasists too with all the preasure to have grandchildren for them.  Parents who treat their children with conditional love like this no wonder she and her brother have all these addictions to deal with these feelings of worthlessness.   Despite dealing with all this family shit that doesn't mean that it's ever too late for the girl to acknowledge her issues,  take personal responsibility and create adult boundaries and relationships, get mentally and physically healthy

For a woman with zero self esteem she had no problem moving to Korea to teach, or working for the radio station. You know, everything she did pre TV show? She even did that dance that got her the show, doesn’t line with the the poor girl narrative you’re trying to line up. 

• Love 5

I just think the whole lot of them have issues.  The dad walks away when angry rather than dealing with a problem. Emotional Imature sign rather than constructive conflict resolution skills.  The mother tried to kill herself.  I doubt this was delt with as an entire family but rather brushed aside as womens histronics. The parent's still try to control her like a kid so she acts out like a kid. it's the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.  it's saved by the Bell the fat years, even has all the side characters. You have to read between the lines, it's sad.  but the issue is does she want to make positve changes for the better. not yet. people give up. you have to believe you are worth those changes.  heather has issues with it too blaming herself for buddy. hope she gets help.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, thebigboot said:

For a woman with zero self esteem she had no problem moving to Korea to teach, or working for the radio station. You know, everything she did pre TV show? She even did that dance that got her the show, doesn’t line with the the poor girl narrative you’re trying to line up. 

I think her father's playing a character who's supposed to provide a villain for the show - someone more hated than Whitney - and that the reality is more that he realizes one day he's probably going to have to buy an oversize coffin and bury his daughter.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, cherenkov said:

I think her father's playing a character who's supposed to provide a villain for the show - someone more hated than Whitney - and that the reality is more that he realizes one day he's probably going to have to buy an oversize coffin and bury his daughter.

If he’s supposed to play the villain I think he’s doing a horrible job, I actually find Bab’s comments more cutting than Glenn’s except for Glenn’s somewhat antiquated thoughts on his daughter needing a husband, but I honestly think the main reason he wants Whitney to get a husband is it would take the financial burden off him.  Although I really don’t see that happening and if Whitney did manage to get a husband I picture her with one of the 600lb life husbands who would maybe physically take care of her because they’re enablers, but not work.  I think Glen would  be taking care of two twits instead of one.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, The Tex Kitten said:

Whoa, what!?

I was watching a rerun where the pig bites the mom and it's clear she fell to pieces, couldn't handle it, it was not normal behavior. She didn't need stitches.  I think her and whit need mood stabilizers and anxiety meds. Thr girl goes off the handle at people.  it will only fix part of the issues, interpersonal is another story

• Love 1

mother tried to kill herself.  I doubt this was delt with as an entire family but rather brushed aside as womens histronics.

Whoa, what!?

Seconding the "whoa, what?"

I was watching a rerun where the pig bites the mom and it's clear she fell to pieces, couldn't handle it, it was not normal behavior. She didn't need stitches.  I think her and whit need mood stabilizers and anxiety meds. Thr girl goes off the handle at people.  it will only fix part of the issues, interpersonal is another story

That's hardly evidence that Babs tried to kill herself. I actually didn't think her reaction was all that out of bounds. She is older, recovering from a stroke and loved that pig. The bite would have hurt like a bitch and she was startled.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

If he’s supposed to play the villain I think he’s doing a horrible job, I actually find Bab’s comments more cutting than Glenn’s except for Glenn’s somewhat antiquated thoughts on his daughter needing a husband, but I honestly think the main reason he wants Whitney to get a husband is it would take the financial burden off him.  Although I really don’t see that happening and if Whitney did manage to get a husband I picture her with one of the 600lb life husband’s who would maybe physically take care of her because they’re enablers, but not work.  I think Glennwould  be taking care of two twits instead of one.

This is a dr phil in the making, I agree the mother is one playing a character. she acts dumb but u can tell from her tone how she feels about the girl slip. She is more behind the back in the TH vs to the  face as the dad is. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

If he’s supposed to play the villain I think he’s doing a horrible job, I actually find Bab’s comments more cutting than Glenn’s except for Glenn’s somewhat antiquated thoughts on his daughter needing a husband, but I honestly think the main reason he wants Whitney to get a husband is it would take the financial burden off him.  Although I really don’t see that happening and if Whitney did manage to get a husband I picture her with one of the 600lb life husband’s who would maybe physically take care of her because they’re enablers, but not work.  I think Glennwould  be taking care of two twits instead of one.

Also, she's never going to be independent. It's not just sexism, she's physically incapable of taking care of herself. He's pretty old now and wants to ensure she has a care take before he goes.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Seconding the "whoa, what?"

That's hardly evidence that Babs tried to kill herself. I actually didn't think her reaction was all that out of bounds. She is older, recovering from a stroke and loved that pig. The bite would have hurt like a bitch and she was startled.

it was mentioned in her book, there was an article I read where I  guess the mom was in the car running with the door down to suffercate herself bUT stopped because she realized the kids would be the ones to find her dead when they came home from school

morbid curiosity of said trainwreck I know

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, purpledragonqueen said:

it was mentioned in her book, there was an article I read where I  guess the mom was in the car running with the door down to suffercate herself bUT stopped because she realized the kids would be the ones to find her dead when they came home from school

morbid curiosity of said trainwreck I know

I've googled a bit and can find no verification of this online.  Can you provide a specific reference, please?  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've googled a bit and can find no verification of this online.  Can you provide a specific reference, please?  

6 hours ago, purpledragonqueen said:

I just think the whole lot of them have issues.  The dad walks away when angry rather than dealing with a problem. Emotional Imature sign rather than constructive conflict resolution skills.  The mother tried to kill herself.  I doubt this was delt with as an entire family but rather brushed aside as womens histronics. The parent's still try to control her like a kid so she acts out like a kid. it's the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.  it's saved by the Bell the fat years, even has all the side characters. You have to read between the lines, it's sad.  but the issue is does she want to make positve changes for the better. not yet. people give up. you have to believe you are worth those changes.  heather has issues with it too blaming herself for buddy. hope she gets help.

Yes, what’s this about someone trying to kill themselves?

2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, what’s this about someone trying to kill themselves?

An excerpt from Whitney's "memoir," I Do It With The Lights On:

"The summer before college, my mother had confided in me that a year earlier she had attempted suicide by closing the garage door and turning on the car. . . .The realization that I would be home at three-thirty and find her dead, propelled her out of the car. She'd struggled with depression her whole life, and this was the incident that finally spurred her to seek help."

[Yes, I have a copy. Every year our town has a Town Day festival with all kinds of booths and fundraisers and bands, and the library has a big sell-off of books that it no longer has any use for (plus donated books.)  I was rummaging through a pile when I came across this fine piece of literature, and since it was within half an hour of the end of the festival, it was half price. Five cents. I couldn't resist. Don't judge me! :)]

• Love 13