Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: Whitney's Fabulous!

• Start Topic

OMG, that girl has her issues, but, she sure does make me laugh sometimes.  And, she can pull at my heartstrings.  I still don't think she should be catered to, but, she is so funny sometimes.  She seems like a real down to earth person (maybe, too down to earth at times), but, I think I could have a conversation with her pretty easily.  

• Love 2

I never noticed any humor either? Could you be more specific,  Sunnybebe? 

I think Twit tries very hard to force a humorous spin on situations by laughing when she talks about the event, but the event itself when we watch is disappointing cuz I don't see the humor. Sorry. 

Todd's spin in front of whit during the race WAS cute, though.  

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Todd's spin in front of whit during the race WAS cute, though.  

I loved that moment! It would have been funnier if it were later in the race when Whit was screaming and demanding that people remove her shoes, then Todd flounces by with a twirl ;)

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I loved that moment! It would have been funnier if it were later in the race when Whit was screaming and demanding that people remove her shoes, then Todd flounces by with a twirl ;)

Well, Todd couldn't run slow enough to make that happen.  Maybe if he ran the course THREE times, he'd have done that on the third go-round.

• Love 13

Some things that make me laugh at Whit include her self deprecating humor.  She is the first to point out things about herself that are unusual or quirky.  She knows it's weird she likes cat's breath and points that out.  Plus, she's not too scared to put herself out there. Not many people her size would even consider walking in an event of any type, going out in a swimsuit on the beach, riding a bike or getting on a surf board.  It's pretty amazing to me. Granted, she's getting paid pretty well to do these things, but, she's not so caught up in being self conscious about it.  I feel like I'm laughing with her and not at her though.  Sort of like Lucille Ball. lol 

• Love 4

Some things that make me laugh at Whit include her self deprecating humor.

What I see is her saying something outrageous  and laughing at the memory of the discomfort she created when saying it.  I also see a lot of her making a joke at someone else's expense which in my opinion is not clever or funny.

• Love 24
On 3/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, Dot said:

Lucille Ball just rolled over in her grave.

Lucy is one of my heroines. She not only acted, but took control of her career back when studios used women (and men, but we're talking women here), diversified into production, and worked hard, hard, hard. Twit wouldn't know what hard work was if it rubbed cream on her chub rub.

• Love 19

I think that working as a featured character on a reality show is pretty daunting.  Your life is really not your own and you have a lot of invasion of privacy.  I don't get the sense that Whit is bothered by that too much, but, I do think there is a trade off.  It's pretty good money, but, for the time you are on camera, I would imagine that it's an emotional roller coaster.  Plus, with your family and friends all mixed up in it.  I can see some sleepless nights worrying about hurt feelings, people getting ticked off, etc.  AND, if your friends are relying on your show for their income.......it could get sticky, if they get cut out or the show folds.  Oh, and you have to do what the producers tell you to do, just like a regular tv production.  So, I don't think it's easy. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can see some sleepless nights worrying about hurt feelings, people getting ticked off, etc.  

OR.. sleepless nights because your neck fat has cut off your airway & you have to use a CPAP machine or you could die in your sleep? Fabulous or what!?

Just cringed my way through the race episode, I’m embarrassed for everyone who had to witness that in person or on tv. The chub rub segment, the whining, trembling bottom lip, it’s merging into 600lb life territory here and I was heaving along with Todd. That guy needs to learn to say NO 

On 04/03/2018 at 1:08 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think I could have a conversation with her pretty easily.  

I bet you could ?

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

AND, if your friends are relying on your show for their income.......it could get sticky, if they get cut out or the show folds.  

You mean like how Twit dumped her transgender BFF, Mattie, this season becuz she had the audacity to lobby for her own TLC show?

Twit demands absolute loyalty from the barnacles, but sees no need to exhibit that quality herself.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 14

Okay I have thought about this for hours off and on and I finally came up with one not-negative thing to say about Whitney: she has nice eyebrows. THERE. I said it. That is literally the only redeeming quality I could find.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, LookABird said:

She looks thinner and "tighter" in the photo with Megyn Kelly in the Social Media thread.  Perhaps those gym sessions are making a difference.

I do think she looks slightly smaller too, it’s hard to tell because the pic is at an angle but I do hope after the 7k she is taking the gym more seriously, although I still think she should be working on the basics and swimming, but I’m no trainer.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Okay I have thought about this for hours off and on and I finally came up with one not-negative thing to say about Whitney: she has nice eyebrows. THERE. I said it. That is literally the only redeeming quality I could find.

I actually like the makeup job that she has in her talking heads. She looks like a completely different version of herself. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I think she has nice eyes, so there’s that, and for as big as she is her face is disproportionately small, so you did get to appreciate some of her facial features.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2018 at 8:13 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I sometimes wonder how Whit would come off as a young woman if she was average size.  She has a very demonstrative personality, to say the least, but, I wonder if it would be as strong if she were say, 140 pounds.  We hear from people who knew her back when she was thin, but, it seems like that was quite a while ago.  Some people who lose weight become more animated, but, I wonder if Whit might be less animated, if she were slim.  I marvel at her ideas and enthusiasm.  I can only speculate at how much more she could do for various causes if she were not impeded by her size and its restrictions. Of course, maybe she feels that she wouldn't be a good spokesperson for No Fat Shaming, if she weren't fat......hmmmm.......I hope she's not holding on to that. 

I've wondered the same thing.  I think she would be just as insufferable in some ways but the volume would be dialed down several decibels with less drama and crassness.  I think a lot of that OTT behavior is done to play down her size or to live up to some self-hatred thing she has going about her personality needing to be larger and more animated than her body, so that maybe it will look smaller by comparison and we won't notice how sick and disabled she really is.

• Love 6

I think a lot of that OTT behavior is done to play down her size or to live up to some self-hatred thing she has going about her personality needing to be larger and more animated than her body, so that maybe it will look smaller by comparison and we won't notice how sick and disabled she really is.

I think a lot of it is making fun of herself before anyone else does it to her.

• Love 5

I am one that has no problems posting Whitney’s faults as there’s many but I refrain from doing so in this forum because it’s the unpopular threads forum and I think I think the unpopular thought is that there’s something positive about Whitney. I do post in here when there is something I can appreciate about Whitney. The other threads are basically a bash Whitney fest which she rightly deserves in many cases, but I know there are some people that like her or like certain attributes about her I just read it and move on or take it to another thread.  It really does seem hostile in here at times and this is coming from someone who 90% of the time thinks Whitney is a whiny slob, but if you like her good for you. 

• Love 8
On 3/7/2018 at 3:13 PM, LookABird said:

She looks thinner and "tighter" in the photo with Megyn Kelly in the Social Media thread.  Perhaps those gym sessions are making a difference.

Or they squeezed her into some industrial-strength Spanx. Kinda like they do her hair and makeup for the THs but the rest of the time it's the "I just rolled out of bed without showering, brushing my hair, doing my makeup, or even looking in the mirror" look because ... well... fabulous. 

• Love 6

Hey, I've got one! Whitney is as pretty as the future princess.

There is a selfie she posted on her FB just prior to a press junket. She is in full makeup, her hair is done and artfully tousled on the left side of her face and part of the right side of her face isn't fully in view and her top chin is elevated so the rest can't be seen. She resembles Meghan Markle in that photo.

Although I must say that the whole unpopular opinion thing confuses me. Is Glenn a great Dad or is he kind of a creep? Which is the unpopular opinion?

• Love 1

Is Glenn a great Dad or is he kind of a creep? Which is the unpopular opinion?

I don't know which is the unpopular opinion but I think he is a bit of both. I think he genuinely loves Whitney and I think that, in a lot of ways, he's blind to her faults. I think he tries (though often in misguided ways) to help her. But I also think that his constant harping about wanting Whitney to marry and have kids and his disparaging "watch your mouth" to Babs in the last episode are unlikeable traits. In other words, sometimes he's a nice guy and sometimes he's an ass.

4 hours ago, Me from ME said:

There is a selfie she posted on her FB just prior to a press junket. She is in full makeup, her hair is done and artfully tousled on the left side of her face and part of the right side of her face isn't fully in view and her top chin is elevated so the rest can't be seen.

And, in full makeup, she claims she's getting ready to take a nap. *snort*

For someone who earns her income claiming someone's appearance isn't important, she sure posts a lot of glam photos of herself.

FB_IMG_1520711556054.jpg

• Love 7

It's also weird to me that she dolls herself up for these "super casual, I just woke up" pictures, but when the show is taping she looks like a homeless woman who was fished out of a sewer grate. Presumably she knows the filming schedule, right?

I'm not sure if "Glenn is gross" is the popular or unpopular opinion. I am so skewed around here. I assume most of our opinions about Whitney are not entirely popular on a national level...although the hate-watch percentage is probably pretty solid, so who knows?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

. . .when the show is taping [Twit] looks like a homeless woman who was fished out of a sewer grate. . . .

I'm not sure if "Glenn is gross" is the popular or unpopular opinion. I am so skewed around here.

Good one, @ClareWalks! ?

I also have that problem with Babs -- is she a tired caricature of a Southern Belle or an adorable senior citizen full of choice witticisms? I've seen her described both ways. Which is the unpopular opinion?

Edited by Dot
spelling error
  • Love 5

I dislike Babs and sometimes Glenn, I also don’t really know for certain that’s unpopular on here. If we are talking in general, with all viewers, I think they are mostly liked, but on this board it’s somewhat more evenly split.  I like Babs and Glenn together with each other, but don’t like them especially Babs when they interact with Whitney. I think it’s because Glenn basically just tells Whitney the facts about her obesity, while Babs either tries to be cute, funny or ignorant.  That may just be her personality, but she’s not nearly as fun as she thinks imo.

6 hours ago, Dot said:

For someone who earns her income claiming someone's appearance isn't important, she sure posts a lot of glam photos of herself.

FB_IMG_1520711556054.jpg

The only way I can see this as maybe true is because I can see her being too lazy to remove her makeup.  If she’d put a little more effort such as this into her every day look I think physically she could be average looking.  Her personality not being a factor.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Dot said:

Good one, @ClareWalks! ?

I also have that problem with Babs -- is she a tired caricature of a Southern Belle or an adorable senior citizen full of choice witticisms? I've seen her described both ways. Which is the unpopular opinion?

Babs actually seems tired of playing "Babs" these days. The delivery of her lines both in "the wild" and in her THs seems to be a lot more "Let me plow through this tired shit again" than "How fun, I'm acting on TV!"

• Love 7

I wouldn't put on makeup to take a nap but I've taken plenty of naps without bothering to take off my makeup first.

Babs actually seems tired of playing "Babs" these days.

I'm not sure when her stroke was relative to filming but recovering from even a minor stroke can be exhausting. A friend of mine is in the midst of recovering from a stroke he had several months ago. He is doing great but he has spoken about how extreme the fatigue is. Pre stroke he was in pretty good health; energetic; working full time; active social life. So he was really surprised how tired he is even with a slower schedule. I think that Babs's stroke might really have taken a toll on her.

• Love 2

I honestly can't tell if I think Whitney is pretty or not. Her features look more childish to me because of her massive body fat. I'm leaning toward "not terribly pretty, kind of cute, I guess." She does have nice eye color. She just looks kind of unhealthy unless she is wearing full makeup, sallow skin and stringy hair and such. (I'm not Christie Brinkley myself, so it's fine, I just wouldn't fawn over Whit's looks personally the way I have seen some of her FB peeps do)

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, Whitney really is a lovely girl.  When I see photos like the one above it reminds that she really is rather attractive. 

Then there are the photos like this. (Twit always looks better when she keeps her Joker-mouth-with-huge-front-teeth closed.)

FB_IMG_1516501680349.jpg

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Dot said:

Then there are the photos like this. (Twit always looks better when she keeps her Joker-mouth-with-huge-front-teeth closed.)

FB_IMG_1516501680349.jpg

TFM just looks like he's trying to make a ridiculous face. Twit looks like she's using one of those weird SnapChat filters that makes your features more "monstrous". That joker mouth! Those demon eyes!! Seriously, Twit... not cute. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

TFM just looks like he's trying to make a ridiculous face. Twit looks like she's using one of those weird SnapChat filters that makes your features more "monstrous". That joker mouth! Those demon eyes!! Seriously, Twit... not cute. 

Huh.  In that photo you can see how crooked her bottom teeth are.  I think that shocks me because obviously Glenn and Babs have enough money to have gotten Whitney braces.  They only have two kids—why wouldn’t they have wanted to give their kids every advantage?  

I’ll say one nice thing here because that is the theme of the thread: Whitney is very photogenic.  In fact, I’m insanely jealous of how photogenic her face is. 

Edited by PityFree

Huh.  In that photo you can see how crooked her bottom teeth are.  I think that shocks me because obviously Glenn and Babs have enough money to have gotten Whitney braces.  

My bottom teeth look a lot like that. My father was a dentist and I had braces as a kid. My bottom teeth shifted back over the years and as an adult, I never bothered fixing them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

My bottom teeth look a lot like that. My father was a dentist and I had braces as a kid. My bottom teeth shifted back over the years and as an adult, I never bothered fixing them. 

I never thought of that situation. That makes sense.

(My own parents sacrificed so much financially so that all of us kids could have braces that if my teeth had shifted back, it would feel like a betrayal to them and I’d neeed to fix them again. It’s hard for me to imagine that if a person has the means, they would not fix it. But that is me projecting my own experiences on people - which isn’t fair.)

Edited by PityFree
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, Whitney really is a lovely girl.  When I see photos like the one above it reminds that she really is rather attractive. 

It seems like her face and neck are much thinner than those of other people her size. I’m thinking of Mama June who had a thinner body but huge neck and face. Nada too, so she looks much better then they do. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You gotta love her sense of humor!  lol 

No, you don't.   

Beauty Is only skin deep.  Lots of skin there, but little beauty on the inside ...if there is, they don't show it often enough. Being polite/nice/civil to your parents is all I ask.  

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

My bottom teeth were naturally straight for 55 years, but then started crowding together the last 10 years. About 5 years years ago i checked with an orthodontist about time and cost. It wasn't totally exorbitant,  but enough so that I decided I cd live with them.  I'm not on tv after all. ;)

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3

My bottom teeth were naturally straight for 55 years, but then started crowding together the last 10 years. About 5 years years ago i checked with an orthodontist about time and cost. It wasn't totally exorbitant,  but enough so that I decided I cd live with them.  I'm not on tv after all. ;)

Yeah - fixing mine would be completely cosmetic - it doesn't impact my bite or oral health in any way. There's probably a dozen other cosmetic things I'd invest in before I'd bother fixing the teeth (sorry Mom and Dad).

My brother (who also had braces in adolescence) had the exact same thing happen to his bottom teeth - they shifted exactly the same way mine did. So definitely a genetic component.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I always thought so, too. Until she started speaking. But yeah, she can be very pretty. 

6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I always thought so, too. Until she started speaking. But yeah, she can be very pretty. 

It takes all types, I think.

If Whit really wants marriage, family, kids, I hope it happens for her, but, so far, her taste in men, I mean luck has been lousy.  Love and reality tv shows don't necessarily go hand in hand. Even under the best circumstances, romance would be challenged. 

her taste in men, I mean luck has been lousy. 

I think it's more a question of decision-making than luck. I think there is some luck in relationships - if the stars hadn't aligned, two people would never have met, started talking, pursued a relationship, etc. But it's far more a question of decision-making - who you choose to spend time with; how you value yourself and others; how you treat yourself and others... 

• Love 4

That's true.  If you trust the wrong people, you can really get screwed. That last guy that Whit was so crazy about.....man.  I suppose she saw what she wanted to see with him and didn't pay attention to how he really treated her. Sometimes as women, we invite those who do us harm, right into our lives. 

• Love 1
On 3/15/2018 at 6:15 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

That's true.  If you trust the wrong people, you can really get screwed. That last guy that Whit was so crazy about.....man.  I suppose she saw what she wanted to see with him and didn't pay attention to how he really treated her. Sometimes as women, we invite those who do us harm, right into our lives. 

So the problem is our poor judgement as women, not that there are jerks out there who have no morals to screw women over financially and otherwise? 

• Love 7
On 3/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Tosia said:

So the problem is our poor judgement as women, not that there are jerks out there who have no morals to screw women over financially and otherwise? 

If her version of events is even true.

• Love 4

Oh, I certainly did not  intend to blame the victims in the Avi debacle. Just saying that she and maybe, some of the other ladies overlooked some obvious signs and got burned. HE was at fault....no doubt about that.  He misrepresented his intentions and was playing on their emotions for sure. No excuse for that. It seems to have soured Whit on romance too.  That's normal.  I wonder how long before she get the courage to get back out there.