Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

Kelly almost acts like she is on an antidepressant.  Or maybe it is just her extremely laid-back personality.  It was - what - two days before the wedding and she was just now unpacking the flower girls dresses?  Oh well, ha ha, Michaela will fix them.

They are so disorganized!  I would think that with that many kids you would have learned by now to be super-organized.    Or maybe her "oh well" attitude is what helps her survive.  Yes I occasionally watch the show, but I am not impressed by the Bates family.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Saltgypsie said:

I hope this show lasts long enough to show Carlin's wedding.  I think she is absolutely stunning.  

Yes! I think she's adorable, regardless of how annoying she can be.

Also, Tori looks like Gail Simmons from Top Chef.

• Love 4

Michaela can't even walk in the door without Kelly saying "we need you to do alterations."  Maybe somewhere along the way, she can fly in with Brandon right before the wedding. 
Tori laughing during the wedding didn't bother me as much as the fact she couldn't pronounce "lawfully wedded wife."  I hate to admit it, but sometimes I start laughing and can't stop.  But if I were getting married,  I would hope I would look at my groom and stop and act like a grown up getting married.  
I just feel like if they could be like most couples and being able to spend time alone together, Bobby would probably not have proposed (I'm not even talking about sex, I'm talking about talking).  

• Love 3
On 4/27/2018 at 11:18 AM, Barb23 said:

BTW Tori & Bobby, I don't go to a wedding just to see the kiss & the Bride.  Call me weird but I like being witness to the whole ceremony  - parents giving bride away,  exchanging of vows, rings, music, etc.

I agree with you.  Maybe that's a fundie thing?  Personally, I've never noted the kiss or talked about it after the ceremony.  If I were at a fundie wedding, I would be embarrassed for them during the kiss - everyone is watching your first kiss, no thanks.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I agree with you.  Maybe that's a fundie thing?  Personally, I've never noted the kiss or talked about it after the ceremony.  If I were at a fundie wedding, I would be embarrassed for them during the kiss - everyone is watching your first kiss, no thanks.

Plus, how awkward is it having your dad right there?! Ugh. Why these people want their dads performing their ceremonies is beyond me. 

Jessa Duggar is the only one who had the right idea. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Plus, how awkward is it having your dad right there?! Ugh. Why these people want their dads performing their ceremonies is beyond me. 

I agree. I find it weird, skeevy and completely inappropriate to have your first kiss while your father is practically breathing down your neck. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Your dad, your mom, your brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, Grandma, Grandpa yeah it wouldn't be awkward at all to have your first kiss in front of them.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. I find it weird, skeevy and completely inappropriate to have your first kiss while your father is practically breathing down your neck. 

Why would he even want to be there to see it? Yeah, there's always a kiss at the wedding. But most Dads I know have zero interest in watching their daughter being kissed. Their happy to pretend their daughter has zero interest in kissing or anything else even if they do date, marry and have kids.  And daughters tend to be completely okay with their dads thinking that.  

• Love 7

Poor Bobby! When Tori was disrespectful to him when they were at wedding rehearsal practicing the unity braid, he looked like he'd made a realization that he's in for a lifetime of shit. These poor kids aren't allowed to REALLY date, and they have them feeling like if they court and break up they're used goods. I feel for Bobby. Just wait til she starts having kids, the honeymoon is over, and the stressors start piling up. I think Bobby will have regrets. Maybe this is one of the things Bobby's family doesn't like about Tori. She's rude and pretty inconsiderate. 

• Love 9

Why they have these kind of non episodes is beyond me.  They are a waste and so boring.  I turned the channel after about 5 minutes at the beginning.

• Love 5

Interesting that some of the kids said that they barely watch the show, even after KJ "clears" it (I believe that's how it was phrased.....and, what's that about?  What could possibly be in an episode that the kids shouldn't see?)

Unlike others, I actually wish the show had been longer.  I would have liked to hear from the three middle boys and the younger girls.  

Any guesses on what the "Special Announcement" will be during next week's show?

• Love 2

Oh, please! Lawson doesn't watch the show? Bullshit. Maybe he thought he wasn't totally lying since he skips the scenes with everyone else and just watches his scenes. Dude is way too enamored with himself not to watch! 

• Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Any guesses on what the "Special Announcement" will be during next week's show?

The easiest guess is someone is pregnant. If so, I would hope that it is Michael, but it will probably be Tori or Whitney. My other standard guess is Evan and Carlin are engaged, since they are the couple that has been courting the longest now. My doubtful guess is one of the boys are courting.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 5

I recall Gil saying once that the women wear dresses to help distinguish the males from females.

Ok, but why do a couple of their daughters have masculine names?  Michael? Carlin?

I don't understand!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

The easiest guess is someone is pregnant. If so, I would hope that it is Michael, but it will probably be Tori or Whitney. My other standard guess is Evan and Carlin are engaged, since they are the couple that has been courting the longest now. My doubtful guess is one of the boys are courting.

That's my guess. Probably Tori but it would be really nice if it was Michael.

• Love 3

Did they show Michael in that "Who Could It Be?" montage? They flashed the pictures so quickly that I don't remember (and didn't care enough to rewind). I DO remember seeing Whitney though. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm guessing Tori is pregnant. She's been spending 95% of her time having unprotected sex since December. She's due for an announcement. I've also noticed they've been pretty absent on all the Instagram accounts, so maybe she's trying to hide a bump.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm guessing Tori is pregnant. She's been spending 95% of her time having unprotected sex since December. She's due for an announcement. I've also noticed they've been pretty absent on all the Instagram accounts, so maybe she's trying to hide a bump.

I definitely think Tori is pregnant, her face looked very round. She didn’t appear to have gained weight, but something was definitely different. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

I thought Tori looked pregnant in the bowling photo that Carlin posted on Instagram.

Whitney wore a baggy dress to church today. Could be her. She's generally into more form-fitting clothing.

If Whitney is expecting #3, how is that going to work for her real estate career? I don't 'buy' the career thing for her, really. I think it's a pass time for her like most of the women; they have a 'professional interest' and then the babies start almost immediately and then they're stuck at home with no time for anything else. I hope I'm wrong on this one. Hope it's Michaela.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

If Whitney is expecting #3, how is that going to work for her real estate career? I don't 'buy' the career thing for her, really. I think it's a pass time for her like most of the women; they have a 'professional interest' and then the babies start almost immediately and then they're stuck at home with no time for anything else. I hope I'm wrong on this one. Hope it's Michaela.

While I respect any of these girls doing something to further their earning potential, I have to agree real estate is an odd choice for a woman like Whitney. You really have to hustle to make money, and I don't understand how she could be available for open houses when their weekends are consumed by church and family activities. It wouldn't surprise me if she quickly bails on the job once she realizes how much time and effort are involved.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

While I respect any of these girls doing something to further their earning potential, I have to agree real estate is an odd choice for a woman like Whitney. You really have to hustle to make money, and I don't understand how she could be available for open houses when their weekends are consumed by church and family activities. It wouldn't surprise me if she quickly bails on the job once she realizes how much time and effort are involved.

Maybe it was just producer driven. The owner of the company was a friend - he got some publicity and the show got a storyline for a minute.

• Love 8

Shocking that healthy 21-22 year olds can have sex at least 1x/day for 4 months and end up pregnant. I'm guessing they were pregnant within a few weeks and now are announcing after the 1st trimester. Bet his parents are thrilled . . . .they were barely ok with the idea that he was marrying Tori by the looks of it; now they have to get used to her as the mother of their grandkid and the fact that she'll be imparting her irritating personality upon the grandkid.

I have the repeat mothers day special on in the background. In Zach and Whit's segment, they say -- the first thing we experienced as a couple together was Bradley's birth. Uh -- maybe you al rush to the altar and then into the delivery room too fast if your first experience together wasn't a trip or a move or job change but freaking CHILDBIRTH.

• Love 7

Was it me or did they both NOT look thrilled  (especially our beloved Tori)? I watched the segment a few times to see their facial reactions.

I also thought it was really odd that they were sitting on a curb! While I’m glad someone finally figured out it’s OK to announce a pregnancy without a 21 gun salute, they looked like they had forced smiles. It’s not our fault they didn’t use birth control, but what else did they expect after having unprotected sex four times a day? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, zenme said:

Once again, my heart goes out to Michael. It's so easy for her sisters. 

I feel so badly for her as well. Her sisters get pregnant at the drop of a hat and she's struggling three years in. I don't know what their personal stance is on adoption, but it might not be a bad idea to start putting out some feelers. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

I will say that I'm disappointed for her not in her. She is doing what the women in her family are taught to do. Get married and breed. She went to school for her Mrs and got it. It's just a shame, as there are such wonderful things out there in the world. 

That's my general feeling as well. I always notice how the courting/engaged/recently married couples always say how they're "looking forward to getting to know each other." Um, isn't all that supposed to take place before you make a lifetime commitment? 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, sATL said:

Did Tori finish college? I thought she only had 1 semester to go - the student teaching part.

She did, yes. Her graduation ceremony was this past week. Kelly has pictures up on the family's Instagram.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, XrystalPond said:

Crown doesn't do an actual student teaching and field experience sequence. She could do an observation based culminating class or seminar. She graduated, which means she can teach in a Christian private school so long as there are enough certified teachers in staff for them to have\keep accreditation. 

she would have to pass additional coursework and praxis exams to get her Tennessee license. I am doubtful she would go through those steps with a baby on the way. Not to mention she would not probably want to teach in a public school anyway. 

This is a compliment to you, because your post made me think about all of the "titles" that Bobby included in his Instagram post while telling us all about what Tori achieved. They're all essentially made up titles as she didn't even participate in student teaching (I know it's not part of the curriculum at CC), which is even more sad because it's the hands on part that helps to prep you as a first year teacher. Nothing really prepared me for the first year except diving in, head first... and my teaching credential program (post grad) required two different student teaching experiences! 

Let's pretend she wanted to teach at a Christian school for a few years before having babies (I know, I know). There's no point now in even thinking about her applying for any positions, like a half day Kindergarten class or even a job share with another teacher since she's due in November.

What was the point of her even going to Clown College? What a freakin' waste of tuition, unless they get a major discount for advertising the school on the show/social media. I am so irritated by her in general that I don't even want to Google the actual tuition. 

Per Wikipedia, Alyssa gave birth to Allie Jane roughly 10.5 months after her wedding. I'll be curious to see when Tori gives birth, just to see which Bates daughter had their first blessing the fastest.

While I love Trace Bates, an "AA in Bible Studies" doesn't mean squat. He should've waited until he earned an actual four year degree or vocational certificate before he participated in graduation. It just looks silly. (It's a snarky point of view, I know, and I have no problem admitting it.)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 7

I definitely think Crown is giving them heavily discounted tuition, and if that's the case it was pretty damn stupid of Trace not to do the trade school. That Bible degree is absolutely useless. Josie did the trade program, got her cosmetology license and now has a job. Even if Trace intends to work in Gil's tree business, having another skill under his belt is added security. 

• Love 9