Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

I bet Tori is also quite a crank in bed, too. I'm sure she 'hates sex' too. This girl is a curmudgeon and hates everything from what she has said so far. Poor Bobby.

Did you notice her awful knife skills in the kitchen with Erin? It's like they have never held one before....not to mention those awful fake nails. Why were they half way down her natural nails? Is this a new style that I'm unaware of  or was she in great need of a new manicure and fake nail replacement?

For people who speak about being frugal and having no real money, they spend an awful lot of it on manicures and pedicures. I'm not penniless, but I do my own mannies and peddies. The rate here in FL for each of these twice a month including tip is $100.00. Can't spare that for something like this that I can do myself. Why don't they do there own feet? It also seems like they go regularly not as a special treat once or twice a year.

• Love 6
On 8/26/2018 at 3:40 PM, BitterApple said:

The cooking thing baffles me as well, because at the end of the day it really isn't that hard. You can buy frozen veggies that steam right in the bag. Mashed potatoes, rice and pasta are easy. You can season chicken and pork chops and toss them in the oven. Why do these girls act like they're splitting the atom when they're asked to make a basic meal? 

Not to mention the girls have had two (at least) on camera cooking classes from Kelly Jo. She had them making chicken or some such thing. Their complete cluelessness is more of a lack of interest than opportunity to learn. 

• Love 2
On 8/26/2018 at 10:15 AM, sATL said:

I'm just glad she shed that vest. It's a crying shame it has to be TN-May weather (I'm guessing the college graduation was in May) is the only thing to make her put them away.

She should have a "collection" of dresses from weddings. If they are long (ie too formal for daytime events) have Michealla shorten them.

And/or have Michealla make a few nice daytime dresses/two piece coordinates/ suits to wear.  

shoes - no cobblers in the family?  :)

I've noticed that Kelly has put on a considerable amount of weight around her middle the past 12 to 18 months.  She probably doesn't have a lot of dresses in the larger size and doesn't want to shop for bigger clothes.  Talking from experience unfortunately (not as significant as Kelly but a weight gain that puts you up a size or two can be very depressing).

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, AngelinaMaria said:

I've noticed that Kelly has put on a considerable amount of weight around her middle the past 12 to 18 months.  She probably doesn't have a lot of dresses in the larger size and doesn't want to shop for bigger clothes.  Talking from experience unfortunately (not as significant as Kelly but a weight gain that puts you up a size or two can be very depressing).

I’ve noticed her weight gain too. I can understand not wanting to spend a lot of money on larger sized clothing, but the other option is looking straight up terrible in clothes that are too small, both on and off screen.

She needs to head down to the thrift store and buy a few items that currently fit her. It’s not like she is dropping big bucks on a new wardrobe from Macy’s or even Target. Thrift stores have amazing steals (as many of us know), so there’s no excuse for not having clothing that fits, especially when one is on TV and/or photographed regularly for social media. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelinaMaria said:

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

I’ve noticed her weight gain too. I can understand not wanting to spend a lot of money on larger sized clothing, but the other option is looking straight up terrible in clothes that are too small, both on and off screen.

She needs to head down to the thrift store and buy a few items that currently fit her. It’s not like she is dropping big bucks on a new wardrobe from Macy’s or even Target. Thrift stores have amazing steals (as many of us know), so there’s no excuse for not having clothing that fits, especially when one is on TV and/or photographed regularly for social media. 

Agree. I'm referring to a few nice pieces she can wear to functions - like graduations. Lawson's singing shows, and dinner w/ Gill, stuff like that.  She needs something while she is on her weight loss regime, if she is on one.

I don't remember what she looked like prior to Jud/Jed birth or Erin/Alyssa/Zach weddings.  She seems like a active person and can walk a fast pace, to maybe its just a matter of dedication. I wonder where does Gil stand on the subject - he is a loving man, so I know he won't say anything hurtful, but I do wonder how is her overall health (BMI/BP/etc). Gaining too much weight isn't good for anybody.

The sewing option would open the door to better quality fabrics, as well as the modesty she would want. and they will fit perfectly.

She also might consider spending the $$ for decent undergarments, though. A good bra can make a difference esp. in those shirts that she wears. And she will look better in clothes and not so wiggly-giggly. She does need to put aside those jean skirts - I think they make her look heavier b/c the are the heavy denim.  Same skirt in a lightweight demin (and a lighter color) would make a world of difference.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Agree. I'm referring to a few nice pieces she can wear to functions - like graduations. Lawson's singing shows, and dinner w/ Gill, stuff like that.  She needs something while she is on her weight loss regime, if she is on one.

I don't remember what she looked like prior to Jud/Jed birth or Erin/Alyssa/Zach weddings.  She seems like a active person and can walk a fast pace, to maybe its just a matter of dedication. I wonder where does Gil stand on the subject - he is a loving man, so I know he won't say anything hurtful, but I do wonder how is her overall health (BMI/BP/etc). Gaining too weight isn't good for anybody.

The sewing option would open the door to better quality fabrics, as well as the modesty she would want. and they will fit perfectly.

She also might consider spending the $$ for decent undergarments, though. A good bra can make a difference esp. in those shirts that she wears. And she will look better in clothes and not so wiggly-giggly. She does need to put aside those jean skirts - I think they make her look heavier b/c the are the heavy denim.  Same skirt in a lightweight demin (and a lighter color) would make a world of difference.

Great point about investing in high quality undergarments - that would do a lot to flatter her figure. 

Molly from 90 Day Fiancé owns a shop that specializes in bras for larger busted women. If KJ can travel to Kentucky for a weddin’ dress, she should take herself to Georgia for decent undergarments.

I agree with you as well about her wardrobe. I should clarify my original post.

Especially at the nicer thrift shops in Nashville or Knoxville, KJ could easily find both every day clothing and some dressy/semi-formal pieces for a weddin’ or other special events at the thrift store in her current size. 

• Love 1

There is a lot to find in thrift stores.  We go to a formal event once a year and I get my dresses at thrift shops.  Even with alterations they are way cheaper than new.  I always get compliments.  Some people buy dresses and don't wear them.  I've gotten new with tags for $12.  And Molly was on the show Double Divas with her partner Cindy.  That shop is near me but I have never gotten there.  But I have had bra fittings.  

• Love 1

There are several stores that can do perfectly fine fittings closer to Kelly than Georgia.  I doubt Kelly is going to want to pay the price that the stores charge.  She could just buy one and then order online if someone clues her in.

15 hours ago, Bridget said:

Great point about investing in high quality undergarments - that would do a lot to flatter her figure. 

Molly from 90 Day Fiancé owns a shop that specializes in bras for larger busted women. If KJ can travel to Kentucky for a weddin’ dress, she should take herself to Georgia for decent undergarments.

I agree with you as well about her wardrobe. I should clarify my original post.

Especially at the nicer thrift shops in Nashville or Knoxville, KJ could easily find both every day clothing and some dressy/semi-formal pieces for a weddin’ or other special events at the thrift store in her current size. 

Why go to Georgia when she can go to Knoxville or even Nashville.  Both are much closer and I don't think Dolly Parton goes to Georgis for her undergarments.  Dolly believes in helping the community where she lives and comes from.

• Love 2

So I just watched the latest Facebook Live with Carlin and Josie. I had no idea that Carlin is a student (online) at Liberty University. Liberty shares of the same horrible beliefs, but I thought the Bates would still consider them too liberal. At least it’s an accredited school, not that she’ll be using her degree. They also said that Katie started Cosmetology classes. What happened to her desire to be a nurse? I hope it wasn’t laid on her heart (i.e. her parents forced her) to change her plans. 

• Love 2

Apparently Erin’s cooking lesson also included the most important part of Fundy Food Prep: long hair must be worn as close to the food as possible! Erin did have some of her hair pinned back, but Tori’s hair was pretty close to the garlic and basil she chopped. 

Also, total # of times Tori used the word “dump”: 3. 

The cooking lesson was somewhat enjoyable, and did anyone notice how Erin pronounced oil?  Ole. 

In the Josie engagement episode while she, Kelton, Kelli, and Gil were at the restaurant...... Gil's crocodile tears were really annoying.

• Love 3

For people who speak about being frugal and having no real money, they spend an awful lot of it on manicures and pedicures. I'm not penniless, but I do my own mannies and peddies. The rate here in FL for each of these twice a month including tip is $100.00. Can't spare that for something like this that I can do myself. Why don't they do there own feet? It also seems like they go regularly not as a special treat once or twice a year.

Floridamom, you are spot on.  Like you, I also do my own pedicures (no manis for me- I go short and bare!).  From what I've seen and heard, gals in the mid-Southern states go for the salon/nails pampering A LOT.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, FaithfullyYours said:

So I just watched the latest Facebook Live with Carlin and Josie. I had no idea that Carlin is a student (online) at Liberty University. Liberty shares of the same horrible beliefs, but I thought the Bates would still consider them too liberal. At least it’s an accredited school, not that she’ll be using her degree. They also said that Katie started Cosmetology classes. What happened to her desire to be a nurse? I hope it wasn’t laid on her heart (i.e. her parents forced her) to change her plans. 

I watched this also. It was kind of nice not having Lawson there to basically talk the whole time. Then again, if there are not any questions and such, Lawson's yammering is a good time waster for them. One thing I thought while watching the FB live was that when I started watching this show I thought Carlin was so annoying, but now I kind of enjoy her. Well, as much as I enjoy any of these people. Now Tori is the one that annoys me most out of the bunch. I will admit that I would take any of the annoying Bates family personalities over the Duggars any day.

• Love 3

Kelton seems like a good guy -- a lot like Zach -- level headed, mature, easy going, has a job, realizes that Gil and Kelly are a joke but he has to play by their rules for now; and likely a fundie lite kind of guy.  It’s interesting that the normal couples in that family seek each other out – like Josie/Kelton and Zach/Whit – and the delusional, annoying, loud ones hang out with each other – Erin/Chad, Bobby/Tori, Carlin/Evan.  I can see Kelton/Josie ending up like Zach/Whit in the next 6 yrs – 2-4 kids, a nice home, husband with a real job and a wife engaging in some kind of part time work if she wishes, a TV, etc.  Zach was pretty much mocking his parents as he told Kelton, just tell my dad you’ve prayed about it and the lord is leading you and Josie to marriage, he can’t argue with that.  Lol – Zach knows these are just buzz words. 

It was nice a few episodes ago that Josie was hanging out with Kelton’s family, Josie and Kelton were cooking TOGETHER instead of it being Josie’s responsibility, and Kelton said that his siblings love it when Josie hangs out with them.  Reality is they lost their mom when Kelton was just a pre teen – so I imagine it feels good to the siblings just to have a female touch around the home now – as much as their dad loves them, a woman brings a different attitude.  I hope they continue to spend time with his family, instead of him just getting swallowed up by her enormous loud family.  It seems like we ALWAYS see Kelton at the Bates’ home – but I imagine Josie would like his house better given that it’s quieter, fewer kids so there’s actual conversation instead of just screaming for attention etc.

Also interesting that Tori and Carlin keep saying that Erin and Chad are going to move to Nashville and that the construction business there would be good for Chad.  Honestly it wouldn’t hurt them to get out of Erin’s small town, but I can’t even see them going.  Seems like Erin is her mom’s favorite and while her middle sisters are mostly married off – I can imagine she likes being close to her mom, Addie, Ellie etc. for babysitting the 11 kids that they’re on track to have.  And looking at their “cottage” and how they’re packing kids in there, reality is Chad likely isn’t making that much $$$.  Sure there is money to be had in construction if you are willing to work for a bigger contractor, but Chad seems to insist on working for himself.  It’d be hard for him to get known enough in Nashville to get jobs as a solo contractor – assuming he has no contacts in Nashville to start with – and yet he’d still need to provide for his growing family; relative to where they live now, the Nashville metro area and even the outskirts of it have gotten expensive and I’m not sure Chad would be able to make it work financially esp if they keep birthing a baby yearly.

When Bobby and Tori were looking for apartments in Nashville, it was clear how differently they were raised.  Clearly Bobby is used to a nice home and he was looking at places commenting on the pool, amenities, hard wood floors etc.  and Tori goes – as long as the place doesn’t smell . . . Uh Bobby -- feel free to save your money, she isn’t used to having the best . . . .

• Love 6

I don’t understand how the Bates’ girls could have such few “homemaking” skills since their purpose is to be wives and mothers and  their sons don’t have the skills to support a household in many instances? But at least they are much better than the Duggar’s brood. 

• Love 1

Actually - I think the price of mani and pedi has gone down. a lot has to do with the area of town and the level of pampering that you are looking for. The place inside of walmart is $20 for a basic pedi. Many of the smaller stand alone Mom & Pop shops in strip malls (like where there is a grocery store as an anchor) charge about the same.  The Acrylic nails, are more, but still affordable.

Now if you want "luxury and ultra-pampering"  - head towards downtown or the trendy part of town- there are plenty of exclusive shops ready to take all of your money.

nails.thumb.png.7143fde7b7e2e484af2da870fedc491a.png

Edited by sATL
On 8/28/2018 at 1:19 PM, RebeccatheWriter said:

The cooking thing baffles me as well, because at the end of the day it really isn't that hard. You can buy frozen veggies that steam right in the bag. Mashed potatoes, rice and pasta are easy. You can season chicken and pork chops and toss them in the oven. Why do these girls act like they're splitting the atom when they're asked to make a basic meal? 

If you can read, you can cook.  Simple as that.  

• Love 6
On 8/31/2018 at 11:50 PM, cereality said:

Zach was pretty much mocking his parents as he told Kelton, just tell my dad you’ve prayed about it and the lord is leading you and Josie to marriage, he can’t argue with that.  Lol – Zach knows these are just buzz words. 

I get the feeling that while Zach loves his family he thinks his parents theology and outlook is way off. He seems to have figured out that you can be a conservative Christian without creating a bunch of extra-biblical rules and regulations.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Bates and Duggar girls don't know how to cook. One of the main jobs of a stay at home mom is to put a good dinner on the table for her husband when he comes home from work, you would think this would be especially important in the Gothard world. Yet most of these girls seem completely clueless in the kitchen. Getting one or two cooking lessons from mom while the cameras are rolling is not a substitute for learning how to cook from mom over the course of many years.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeamNoOne said:

I get the feeling that while Zach loves his family he thinks his parents theology and outlook is way off. He seems to have figured out that you can be a conservative Christian without creating a bunch of extra-biblical rules and regulations.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Bates and Duggar girls don't know how to cook. One of the main jobs of a stay at home mom is to put a good dinner on the table for her husband when he comes home from work, you would think this would be especially important in the Gothard world. Yet most of these girls seem completely clueless in the kitchen. Getting one or two cooking lessons from mom while the cameras are rolling is not a substitute for learning how to cook from mom over the course of many years.

Basically the Duggars and the Bates want to talk the talk but they do not want to walk the walk!

• Love 5

One of the things that irked me about last week's episode is all of Gil's sobbing and blubbering about giving his daughters away to be married. Their entire life's philosophy hinges on early marriages so these girls can start pumping out warriors for Christ. Let's get real, Gil. 

I really like Josie and Kelton though. They're so much more mature than Bobby, Tori, Evan and Carlin. I notice Kelton expresses himself very well for such a young man. There's no "uh's, um's, like's" or other placeholder words. It seems like he's got his act together pretty well. His dad did a good job with him.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

One of the things that irked me about last week's episode is all of Gil's sobbing and blubbering about giving his daughters away to be married. Their entire life's philosophy hinges on early marriages so these girls can start pumping out warriors for Christ. Let's get real, Gil. 

I really like Josie and Kelton though. They're so much more mature than Bobby, Tori, Evan and Carlin. I notice Kelton expresses himself very well for such a young man. There's no "uh's, um's, like's" or other placeholder words. It seems like he's got his act together pretty well. His dad did a good job with him.

It's over the top. It is clearly emotional, but he acts like he's sending them off to Neverland. If their object in life is to get married and procreate, then they have to take that step, Gil. His reaction with Michael getting married was sweet, including the teasing that they should just keep her. With each subsequent child it is becoming more and more over the top. 

Josie and Kelton both seem like normal young adults. While I wish they weren't in such a hurry, I am hopeful that her life with him will be so much better for her. It must be hard for her or any of the young adults to go from being one of a number to being the center of attention from his or her significant other. Josie has been one of the middle children for a long time with no real distinction between her life and that of her siblings. Other families have hobbies, sports, interests, and all that separating them and distinguishing them from one another. I might get more attention from my mother for playing the flute like she did while my brother and father can discuss their similar interest of baseball. However, these kids are limited to being X out of 19 until they get married. Then they get one whole day of being an individual before becoming invisible again until childbirth. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wouldn't mind the sobbing as much if they acted the same way with their sons...I would think it would be a chest-out manly moment, sending their horny son off with a willing virgin to "give him that special gift" { Michelle Duggar's words} as many times as he want it, while being the sole provider for his new family.

JB Duggar managed to get rid of 2 sons in a year, right? and working on 3rd?  Ole Gil need to pick up the pace..  :)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

I think if Gil had Boob's dough, he'd be marrying those boys off asap. As it stands, none of them can support a household on their own. Lawson's a wannabe singer, Nathan a quasi-pilot and Trace wears glittery belt buckles and does gymnastics on horses. Gil already said he doesn't pay the boys for helping him with the tree work, so they all need to get real jobs before they can think about courting. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I’m new to this show. I worked from home one day and managed to watch an entire season OnDemand. And it still keeps coming so I watch as I find them a compelling family. Comcast wants me to pay to watch prior which no way and I’ve not found it free online.  So only very recent stuff is all I’ve seen  

I don’t know if it’s a sixth sense or if I’m totally off base but I find Kelton one of the most non believable people. He has all those teeth and just reads full of absolute shit to me. He spouts odd sentences I guess the “elders” want to hear but I just can’t buy it. I don’t like him. At all. And I really like Josie. Isn’t he the one that did that bridge thing where they put lights?  I thought he was weird AF then and the pre paid Aubrey’s dinner (not good- if you come to the South save your $) solidified it  

I quoted you because I want you to be right- I hope you are. He rubs me all kinds of the wrong way. 

One of my main takeaways from watching this show is why does their religion dictate you need to at all times while being interviewed grasp and intertwine so close and so bizarrely?  We, as stupid viewers, I guess would never know if they weren’t dry humping while talking, that they were in love?  

The biggest difference for me is how much more I like Kelly and Gil versus Michelle and Jim Bob. 

First- Gil is just a hell of a lot cooler name than Jim Bob.

this las episode where Lawson with his also way too many teeth and “ain’t I not the most hilarious guy but also great looking” gig (he also WAY gets my hackles up but in a different way. I don’t think he’s spouting so viewers will like him yet when he sleeps he knows he’s lying like Kelton vibe- this guy actually believes his bullshit.)  he was saying they need to preserve the building etc  

Gil really acts the way you would in situations  Assesses timelines and isn’t all about drama and fake weirdness  I find both Gil and and Kelly refreshing in this odd world.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think if Gil had Boob's dough, he'd be marrying those boys off asap. As it stands, none of them can support a household on their own. Lawson's a wannabe singer, Nathan a quasi-pilot and Trace wears glittery belt buckles and does gymnastics on horses. Gil already said he doesn't pay the boys for helping him with the tree work, so they all need to get real jobs before they can think about courting. 

I don't disagree with anything you've said but didn't Lawson offer a great deal of monetary support to the family growing up?  With his lawn business or whatever?  I swear they said he paid for a lot.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I don't disagree with anything you've said but didn't Lawson offer a great deal of monetary support to the family growing up?  With his lawn business or whatever?  I swear they said he paid for a lot.

He did yes, but he hasn't worked doing lawns in years. As far as I know the only money he's making currently is whatever he pulls in as a singer. I don't even think he had savings because I remember him saying he turned all his earnings over to Gil, which was ridiculous. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He did yes, but he hasn't worked doing lawns in years. As far as I know the only money he's making currently is whatever he pulls in as a singer. I don't even think he had savings because I remember him saying he turned all his earnings over to Gil, which was ridiculous. 

Thank you!

7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Lawson still owns the lawn business but someone else is working it.  I know that did an episode where he was teaching Carlin and a couple of the other girls how to do the lawn business.  I'd bet that the guys do have other jobs but they aren't filmed.  I would also think that the money from the show is given to them and not withheld like the Duggars do to their children.  We see that the Bates children have been exposed to other people that are not of the same religious background.  

I believe that Zack honors his parents and accepts their religious beliefs but he and Whitney do not follow the same path.  We know that they have a tv and I am pretty sure that I have seen a tv in the Bates house and a couple of the other married children's house.  Alyssa is far enough away and we know she works outside the home.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iluvobx said:

I think Lawson still owns the lawn business but someone else is working it.  I know that did an episode where he was teaching Carlin and a couple of the other girls how to do the lawn business.  I'd bet that the guys do have other jobs but they aren't filmed.  I would also think that the money from the show is given to them and not withheld like the Duggars do to their children.  We see that the Bates children have been exposed to other people that are not of the same religious background.  

I believe that Zack honors his parents and accepts their religious beliefs but he and Whitney do not follow the same path.  We know that they have a tv and I am pretty sure that I have seen a tv in the Bates house and a couple of the other married children's house.  Alyssa is far enough away and we know she works outside the home.

In early episodes, Trace was apparently working with/for Lawson in the lawn care business. Kelly Jo was talking to him about going to college or starting a business. She said something about him working in someone else's business meant that the money would never be his. 

I think Zach and Whitney do their own thing to a certain degree. I may just be projecting, but it is something that I attribute partially to the financial conditions he was raised under as the oldest of the children. He, better than any of them, saw that struggle and seems to want to live at a better or more comfortable state than his parents did. I don't think he would openly defy them in some major way, but there is clearly a drive in him that some of his other siblings don't seem to have these days. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, flyingdi said:

What he said on the show was that he made loans to other family members.  Gil particularly said that Lawson bought and paid for the groceries because they were waiting for a customer to pay their bill.  He loaned Erin tuition money.  They didn't say he was supporting the family.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What he said on the show was that he made loans to other family members.  Gil particularly said that Lawson bought and paid for the groceries because they were waiting for a customer to pay their bill.  He loaned Erin tuition money.  They didn't say he was supporting the family.

On Nightline or one of those news magazine shows, he was interviewed about the money situation. He said he frequently loaned his parents or siblings money. JuJu Chang did the interview and went shopping with him, remarking that he knew so much about the pricing of the items. I think he knew that sliced turkey prices were higher now and there was less in the package. She laughed and said she knew of no teenage guys who would know that. While I don't know if he always paid, he did say he was frequently the grocery shopper because his mother and sisters would buy more than they needed. I could see that because I'm the same way. I will shop and see something that looks good so I get it. However, it's not in my planned meals for the week. He also said he was paying for groceries that time but that he knew his parents were good for it. I think he also loaned money to Zach to buy a car. 

I tend to think that the loaning family money was played up a bit for the cameras of Nightline or whatever. It made the family look more out of the box. Each of the older children were presented as some sort of label. Zach was the oldest. Michael was the homemaker. Erin was the talented one...So Lawson's role in that story was provider. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I don't think he would openly defy them in some major way, but there is clearly a drive in him that some of his other siblings don't seem to have these days. 

Zach seems to be successfully toeing the line between the belief system he was brought up with and functioning in the real world. A perfect example is his willingness to take out a mortgage so he can own a nice home. Contrast that to Chad, who has his family crammed into a tiny cottage because he refuses to take on debt. I think it also helps that Zach married a mainstream Christian girl as opposed to a Fundie Kool-Aid drinker. I think Whitney was happy to play by Kelly's rules in the beginning, but now that she's reconnected with her biological family she doesn't feel the need to please and appease. That va-va-voom vow renewal dress was a pretty strong statement of that.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

I think it is interesting that, in both the Duggar and Bates families, the oldest child/son has moved away from many of the parents’ strict beliefs and rules.  The main difference is that Zach seems to be doing so in a way that appears to be healthier and will hopefully help his family function better in the real world. Josh, on the other hand chose to molest his sisters, cheat on his wife and who knows what else. 

• Love 4

The product sponsoring in the shows I watch has really gotten bad all of a sudden.. so obvious... AARP  financial tool - that you can get to online w/o being a member?  I guess it also was a good that AARP has goodies for 20-yr olds.

I missed where Kelton got the diamond from - what it from his mom's setting ?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

If they've only been married 5 years, assuming she hasn't gained weight, why can't Whitney wear the same dress?  I know nothing about their first wedding.

agree. And if she's gained weight or figure has shifted due to two little ones - alter the dress. I guess technically you can have a vow renewal every/any year, but 5 seems a little soon to me. If you want to have an anniversary party, just to get folks together , then call it that. Back to the AARP budget tool - they are doing well financially but to buy another full blown wedding dress... nahh... 

Here's a pix from Mr. Google ... Isn't that Lauren Swanson Duggar in the background ?

5b91d69454c1a_zwwedding.thumb.jpg.a2e8f0ebcb76283fcc372d033fec85fa.jpg

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

One advantage to marrying the girls off young is fewer family members to support. 

I feel bad for the guys because they have no skills with which to support a family and therefore have no sexual outlet. The girls are pushed to grow up fast but the boys aren’t. 

• Love 4

I’m so glad Kelly was not at Miss Renee’s.  I’m pretty sure she would have tried to shame Whitney into choosing a less revealing dress. She’d say something like Ohhhh Whitney, dresses with sleeves are so flattering on you! Or Oh Whitney, Zach would luvvvvv you in a loose fitting dress!! 

I was surprised Carlin was vocal about liking the dress with the back out. Sadly, she’ll never get to wear anything like that. 

• Love 9

Finally, we see Tori happy and excited about something. I worry that it isn't something that can be replicated very often. She was moving into an apartment that was twice as expensive as her former, and she had a zillion people moving her things in for her. At least she did seem to be doing some packing but, being pregnant she got a pass on doing a whole lot.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Finally, we see Tori happy and excited about something. I worry that it isn't something that can be replicated very often. She was moving into an apartment that was twice as expensive as her former, and she had a zillion people moving her things in for her. At least she did seem to be doing some packing but, being pregnant she got a pass on doing a whole lot.

I can't believe that I am about to defend her, but I'll give Tori credit here. I HATE moving. My last three moves have occurred while I was at work and I simply came home to a new address. Thank you to my family and friends. 

She was tolerable in this episode and seemed genuinely excited about their new place. While she should have been content in the old one, I'm sure that there is something exciting for her about a new place that is new to both of them. Bobby was living in the other apartment first so I'm sure it might have felt more like his place than hers or even just temporary since they were planning to move and she was finishing school. We'll see how she does with it, but I think that might have been the first spark of happiness I've seen out of her since she starting dating/courting and then got married. With all her wedding planning, she seemed to be bored or insulted that she had to do such a thing. 

Whitney has become such a beautiful young woman since her early days on the show. She still has that country, southern twang (there's a difference between country southern and regular southern or coastal southern), but she is well put together, her hair is quite pretty, and she has such a cute smile. I can tell she still feels a little be like an outsider in some ways. Notice how she always starts using a word that is something the other person says first. She did it in this episode with the word keyhole. Ms. Renee brought it up and she began to repeat it in the conversation. She does this frequently when she seems unsure or insecure. It's an endearing trait actually, but different than the others. Remember Kelly looking at dresses with Tori? She kept calling the color khaki while Ms. Renee and others referred to it as champagne. It will stand her well in real estate or other sales, as people like when someone agrees with them or learns from them, even in minor ways. 

• Love 4

I think that might have been the first spark of happiness I've seen out of her since she starting dating/courting and then got married. With all her wedding planning, she seemed to be bored or insulted that she had to do such a thing. 

That is what I was reacting to. There had been an ongoing discussion that she did not seem to be enjoying anything that she was doing in prior episodes.

• Love 2
On 9/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, sATL said:

agree. And if she's gained weight or figure has shifted due to two little ones - alter the dress. I guess technically you can have a vow renewal every/any year, but 5 seems a little soon to me. If you want to have an anniversary party, just to get folks together , then call it that. Back to the AARP budget tool - they are doing well financially but to buy another full blown wedding dress... nahh... 

Here's a pix from Mr. Google ... Isn't that Lauren Swanson Duggar in the background ?

5b91d69454c1a_zwwedding.thumb.jpg.a2e8f0ebcb76283fcc372d033fec85fa.jpg

Oh yes it is! Good catch! 

• Love 3
On 9/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, sATL said:

The product sponsoring in the shows I watch has really gotten bad all of a sudden.. so obvious... AARP  financial tool - that you can get to online w/o being a member?  I guess it also was a good that AARP has goodies for 20-yr olds.

I missed where Kelton got the diamond from - what it from his mom's setting ?

Kelton said he purchased the diamond, but didn't say from where. I noticed it was a pretty nice rock. The family business must be doing well.

I agree the blatant product placement was obnoxious.

• Love 2

Yes, that is Lauren Swanson Duggar. How is it that she looks exactly the same 5 years ago as she does now? What was she, 13 then? I don't get it.

Zach & Whit should be living on a deputy's salary and something from UP. This network can't pay them that much per year, IMO. How is it that these two live a much more affluent life than other young couples with 2 children? It also appeared that Zach didn't have much personal money before marrying. Where does this all come from...vow renewals, trips to NYC, etc?

• Love 4
On 8/26/2018 at 12:50 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Don't give them any ideas. Michael will be a certified cobbler (probably not a thing) in a week!

Do they offer cobbler certification at Crown?