Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 7/23/2018 at 3:42 PM, Bessiesue said:

FloridaMom, your post is spot on.  I also think this is Erin's issue. She is playing house, and does not understand the concept of real life.  Sure it is fun to have your Ken, and live like Barbie, but eventually reality sets in.  You learn to live within your means, and deal with life.  Poor Chad gives me the impression that he has no idea to talk real life issues with Erin.  They are stuffed like sausages in a tiny home.   

As much as I am in love with this family, Gill and Kelly have really hurt the older ones with their religion.  My poor Nathan ,I have run out of excuses for your nutty behavior.  I do wonder if someone in that flight school is also from a broken courtship, and feeding him all of this nonsense. Did anyone else catch the line about Trace telling Josie how he tried out for Dixie, and did not make it.  Poor thing is now two and 0.  He has been invited to a rodeo, but I have not seen anything on that either.  

Watching the younger girls vs the younger boys with Michael l is like day and night.  Those four girls have more manners between them than Jeb and Jud together.  I know she was very close to them, so I am guessing maybe she is responsible for their behavior.  Katie and Josie time will tell. My Mother always said she can tell how mature brides are by their weddings, so I am very curious how Josie will handle hers.  With nature dignity similar to Michael, or childlike aka Tori.   

Erin is playing house and I do feel sorry for Chad who, unfortunately, is stuck with a wife who is clueless. I wouldn't say this situation is unique to these two or to Gothardite Christianity. History is full of clueless wives living in a fantasy land and their poor husbands who have to manage the stupidity. Presumably it works the other way too, idiot husband, poor put upon wife. In any event, Shakespeare and Jane Austen have written these sorts of characters, Erin and Chad are not unique.

There comes a point where an adult child is responsible for his own behavior and worldview. I would submit that Nathan is long past that point. There's only so much a parent can do to teach their kids their faith. Eventually as adults it's up to a child to either agree with his parents faith, disagree with it or agree with parts while disagreeing with others. All of us on this board were raised differently, some of us have agreed as adults with our parents, others have disagreed and probably most of us have a mixture of agreement and disagreement. If Nathan has adopted his parents worldview, or perhaps even taken it to the next level, that's on him at this point. He deserves the blame for the bad theology he believes in and for the odd and disconnected attitude that flows therefrom. He's what, 24, 25. He makes up his own mind, no one forces him to do anything.

• Love 4

I’m an episode behind but the only “interesting” thing about the one I watched with Kelly plotting to get to both births and Trace/Law prepping for the rodeo, was the segment re Jackson working with Chad.

Maybe it’s just me but the way Gil said “since he turned 16, his interest in work has just sky rocketed” – seemed a bit passive aggressive negative to me.  And then of course it was reinforced by Carlin in terms of – he does all his school work the night before so he can go off to work with Chad during the day; again said in the tone of a – why the hell would ANYONE do that??!

Good for Jackson that he looks up to Zach and Chad – two of the men in the family that actually believe in a full day’s work.  I mean it’s like Gil and Kelly view Law following his never gonna happen musician dreams in Nashville or Trace trying to turn hobbies like rodeo into a career as preferable to actually have an 8 hr a day job. Though of course in their minds, anything that allows you more time at home, for courting/future wife, and less at work is the better option regardless of stability, pay etc.

While it’s great that he’s learning construction at only 16, it’d be preferable if after “high school” he actually enrolls in a trade school, gets himself a certification, maybe even a union card. Obviously Chad will never recommend this since all his construction knowledge is DIY, and plus he won’t go against his wife’s family since his wife is the original Miss You Can’t Go to Secular School bc all the students next to you will have green hair. But I’d hope Zach would put the idea in his head when “high school” is ending – since Zach survived secular police academy and city commissioner’s office just fine.  Sure he can continue to work with Chad and make money (as Chad quietly said he pays him) but reality is with these solo operations, you’re only working when there are jobs to be found thru word of mouth.  It was telling that the re-doing flooring after finding a leak in the roof was a job at Noble Metals. That’s a 2-5 day job max.  If Jackson gets himself hired by a large contractor and becomes a union member, it is much easier to get hired on a job to build a new building in Knoxville – jobs that go on for years at a time, pay great wages (way more than Chad can pay) and often have benefits/pension thru the union.  I’d hope Zach would try to get Jackson on that path since he seems to care a lot for how this brother turns out.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, cereality said:

I’m an episode behind but the only “interesting” thing about the one I watched with Kelly plotting to get to both births and Trace/Law prepping for the rodeo, was the segment re Jackson working with Chad.

Maybe it’s just me but the way Gil said “since he turned 16, his interest in work has just sky rocketed” – seemed a bit passive aggressive negative to me.  And then of course it was reinforced by Carlin in terms of – he does all his school work the night before so he can go off to work with Chad during the day; again said in the tone of a – why the hell would ANYONE do that??!

Good for Jackson that he looks up to Zach and Chad – two of the men in the family that actually believe in a full day’s work.  I mean it’s like Gil and Kelly view Law following his never gonna happen musician dreams in Nashville or Trace trying to turn hobbies like rodeo into a career as preferable to actually have an 8 hr a day job. Though of course in their minds, anything that allows you more time at home, for courting/future wife, and less at work is the better option regardless of stability, pay etc.

While it’s great that he’s learning construction at only 16, it’d be preferable if after “high school” he actually enrolls in a trade school, gets himself a certification, maybe even a union card. Obviously Chad will never recommend this since all his construction knowledge is DIY, and plus he won’t go against his wife’s family since his wife is the original Miss You Can’t Go to Secular School bc all the students next to you will have green hair. But I’d hope Zach would put the idea in his head when “high school” is ending – since Zach survived secular police academy and city commissioner’s office just fine.  Sure he can continue to work with Chad and make money (as Chad quietly said he pays him) but reality is with these solo operations, you’re only working when there are jobs to be found thru word of mouth.  It was telling that the re-doing flooring after finding a leak in the roof was a job at Noble Metals. That’s a 2-5 day job max.  If Jackson gets himself hired by a large contractor and becomes a union member, it is much easier to get hired on a job to build a new building in Knoxville – jobs that go on for years at a time, pay great wages (way more than Chad can pay) and often have benefits/pension thru the union.  I’d hope Zach would try to get Jackson on that path since he seems to care a lot for how this brother turns out.

I suspect there aren't a lot of union jobs in east Tennessee. Most of the southern states are right-to-work and have been for many decades. As such, unions are few and far between. You make some solid points though. If Jackson went to a trade school and learned a trade (welder, plumber, electrician, even truck driving) he would put himself in a much better position financially. Even if he held onto the absurd Gothardite notion that Christians must own their own business, a certification in HVAC, plumbing or electric will allow him to own his own business.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeamNoOne said:

If Jackson went to a trade school and learned a trade (welder, plumber, electrician, even truck driving) he would put himself in a much better position financially. Even if he held onto the absurd Gothardite notion that Christians must own their own business, a certification in HVAC, plumbing or electric will allow him to own his own business.

I work in the Career & Technical Education department (aka Vocational) at a state college. We have 1 and 2-year certificate programs for students who don't want to take the additional classes to get an Associate's or Bachelor's degree. Welders walking out of our programs almost immediately have good paying jobs, as do the HVAC technicians. A lot of homeschooled kids and non-traditional (over 26) students enroll in these programs.

• Love 3

I think the Bible certificate course is the fundy equivalent of being a freshman with an undeclared major. Basically, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, so I'll spend a year in college to see if something clicks. It's not like Trace can do anything with the certificate, except use those credits towards an actual degree at Clown College. It's about as useful as Derick's Ministry Certificate, although it was probably cheaper and Trace may have actually learned something. Derick sure as hell didn't.

• Love 1

So I just watched last week's episode, and boy, did anyone find that birthing center where Alyssa had Zoie to be really creepy? It looked like an abandoned office building in a bad part of town. There was nothing comforting about it all. I would rather have delivered at home.

Regarding the rodeo, Lawson is God awful at singing and his anthem rendition was totally off key. It's really time for him to give it up and find a big boy job. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So I just watched last week's episode, and boy, did anyone find that birthing center where Alyssa had Zoie to be really creepy? It looked like an abandoned office building in a bad part of town. There was nothing comforting about it all. I would rather have delivered at home.

Regarding the rodeo, Lawson is God awful at singing and his anthem rendition was totally off key. It's really time for him to give it up and find a big boy job. 

But, but Lawson is a Nashville recording star!  The announcer said so!

• Love 7

I'm watching the episode now, and Good Lord, seriously Erin? You don't want to time your contractions because you're scared? I like her, but she is really such an immature child. 

Tori really wanted to be present for the birth but couldn't be bothered to answer her phone or door after families members repeatedly tried to contact her. Sure, Jan. I felt so bad when Erin kept asking them to call Tori, never mind the sister who flew down from Chicago sitting right there in the room. Does anybody appreciate Michael?

I have to say though, it's crazy how smoothly the Bates labors go compared to the Duggar shitshows. Erin spit out the kid and didn't even muss up her hair.  

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14

My god this family is insufferable when it comes to birth. They’re only happy when they’re birthin’ babies but then you have Alyssa the DAY BEFORE her labor done in an office building talking to mom about how hard it’ll be to have a newborn, 1, and 2 yr old and if there’s any way to make it easier.  Uh – people think about this BEFORE they conceive.

And drama queen Erin sooooooo scared about the contractions and going on in the car with Chad re what if I can’t get an epidural.  For someone who is sooooo dramatic and scared of birth, here’s a hint – maybe don’t have a kid yearly? Bc surely when you start trying again in 6-10 months you will not have forgotten how scary it was.  Morons . . . .

And then the whole family freaking out bc they called Tori and Bobby 50 times and then not picking up from 10 pm to 4 am – bc Tori sooooo wanted to be at the birth and will be sooooo devastated to have missed it.  Uh – there will be like 3 other births in the next yr and oh yeah her own kid will be birthed in like 9 months.  And kudos Chad on getting down on the ground doing pushups to stay awake and touching the hospital floor that so many shoes have walked on – and then putting his hands all over the baby and Erin.  How much do you want to bet hands weren’t washed??

And typical Erin -- the episode ends with, I WANT ANOTHER BABY. Now maybe UPTv doesn't do the talking head interviews real time, maybe it's a few weeks after when the episode is put together -- but really, you JUST had one days/weeks ago!? At least Chad had a look of horror, but who are we kidding -- the next time she starts going on about how much she misses having a baby in the house -- so maybe when this one is 6 months -- he'll be dropping his pants instantly to get it done. Plus as he's said before -- now they NEED a brother for Carson.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 14

It's funny because I never pegged Erin as the one who'd become a baby addict. She always struck me as too vain, like she wouldn't want to ruin her figure and cut into her hair and make up time by having a kid every year. Of course, I originally thought Alyssa would be practical when it came to family planning and I was wrong about that too, so what do I know, lol. 

I couldn't believe Katie was making such a ruckus outside Tori's apartment that she woke several neighbors. That's awfully rude. Just because the Bates family has nothing to do besides birth babies doesn't mean other people don't have jobs they have to get up for in the morning. Bobby and Tori probably turned off their phones. If they wanted to be there, they would've been there. Just like Tori showed no consideration by being late to the nail appointment, she showed no consideration by blowing off Everly's birth.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's funny because I never pegged Erin as the one who'd become a baby addict. She always struck me as too vain, like she wouldn't want to ruin her figure and cut into her hair and make up time by having a kid every year. Of course, I originally thought Alyssa would be practical when it came to family planning and I was wrong about that too, so what do I know, lol. 

I couldn't believe Katie was making such a ruckus outside Tori's apartment that she woke several neighbors. That's awfully rude. Just because the Bates family has nothing to do besides birth babies doesn't mean other people don't have jobs they have to get up for in the morning. Bobby and Tori probably turned off their phones. If they wanted to be there, they would've been there. Just like Tori showed no consideration by being late to the nail appointment, she showed no consideration by blowing off Everly's birth.

Bc Tori and Bobby frankly just don't care. And I don't know if I can blame them really. They are young 22-23 yr old newlyweds themselves and already pregnant. Meanwhile not even settled yet with an upcoming move etc. and Bobby already looks to me like he's aging and worried. Tori goes along with her sisters for nails or whatever, but frankly I don't think she cares all that much either way. Same with Katie who was in the same room and could not be bothered to stay awake/wake up -- don't tell me 10 nurses storming in there made no noise?! Give me a break.

It's one thing to say to someone -- oh yeah I REALLY want to be at your birth, I am sooooo excited for my niece -- and another thing to actually haul yourself out of your home after 10 pm to watch someone push, esp. when they are pushing out your 10th niece/nephew and you know you'll have the opportunity 40 more times in your life. And morons calling Tori and then Bobby 50 times doesn't help these days. It's not a landline. People hit do not disturb so the phone doesn't make noise again until the alarm goes off in the morning. If she had cared that deeply, she and Bobby would have said -- any day now, hmm we should keep our phones on overnight bc you never know. And agreed how obnoxious are these people. This kid was born late Thursday night/early Friday morning and Erin didn't go to the hospital until after 10 it seems like. Just like your precious sister and BIL were asleep, so were all of their neighbors. To be SOOOO loud, that the neighbors come out -- uh you realize other people have jobs to get to in the morning, right? They're not all hobbyist rodeo stars and doing fundie ministry once a week like your brothers/brothers in law!? They were full on obnoxious tonight.

As much as Alyssa keeps saying she won't have 19 -- and maybe she won't be 19 can be tough if you don't actively try all the time -- reality is at the rate she's going, she'll have more than her desired 6. She's only 23 and they get knocked up yearly -- 4 more only gets her to her late 20s. She has ALL of her 30s to contend with. Pretty sure grandma was right on that one. Maybe ask grandma how BC works since your husband and your mom seem incapable of figuring it out/discussing it with you.

• Love 8

Erin needs to dial it back by about 100.  I swear I thought she was about to give birth in the van on the way to the hospital the way she was carrying on.  She didn’t even begin to push for 6 hours and it was her THIRD baby.   Poor Chad.   Although my sympathy shrinks every week..

• Love 6
(edited)

It's about time for Erin and Alyssa to get knocked up again. 

I guess Erin is lucky in that her labors are super short, and she clearly got her epidural sometime between 10:30-2:00 when she got checked in and settled in her hospital gown. 

But OMG, at home? What a mess. And she's going to have 10 more...Poor Chad, indeed. Although he becomes less likeable the more we see of him.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Aww, I'm truly sorry for Whitney and Zach. That's awful and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Did they say how recently she miscarried? 

cereality, I completely agree. I do think Tori should've just texted back she wasn't coming if she saw her family was trying to call her. She's pregnant so she could've easily used the nausea excuse to opt out if she didn't feel like sitting at the hospital all night.

• Love 3

I don't post much but had to come here to see if anyone else found Erin's Doctor as creepy as I did? When he first came into the room he touched her leg above the knee in what I suppose was a comforting gesture. I rewound it to watch a few times because it quick but was really strange to me. Then when he came back for the actual birth he stuck his tongue out at in a way that made me just feel gross.  I get he's seeing a lot more of Erin than just her leg as her OB but something about it rubbed me the wrong way. 

I do feel for Michael. She really is a good sister. I recently became an aunt for the first time in June (he's the cutest baby ever ?) and my youngest sister (9 years younger) is due with her first at the end of December. My husband and I tried unsuccessfully for 2 and a half years to conceive and have recently decided to take a break from it and focus on our relationship after a very trying year. I can't lie, when I found out my little sister was pregnant it was harder than I thought it would be (not for long though, I quickly became ridiculously excited and will be going to her next ultrasound with her in a few weeks). I know she had a hard time telling me because of my situation, but I was also the first person she told she was pregnant something that made me feel honored and special. I told her I never want my feelings to take away from her joy. They are separate for me, my struggles don't take away from or decrease my happiness for her, her husband and my new niece or nephew. I suspect Michael feels similarly about her sisters and nieces/nephews. I will say I'm not as baby/kid crazy as Michael and have been back and forth about whether or not I want to have kids at all, another reason we haven't pursued further fertility treatments. I'm content in my life right now and the family I do have. I can't say I won't have regrets later in life, but life makes no guarantees either way. 

• Love 15

Sorry to hear about Whitney's miscarriage.

God, could Erin be anymore annoying? I couldn't believe how she was behaving for being in labor for the 3rd time. Scared of contractions? Then of course after the baby is born already talking about baby #4. What is wrong with you? Chad if you don't want this to be your life then you need to say something. Stop going along with everything Erin wants. I'm really losing sympathy for him. Erin's not going to stop. 

What was with millions of phone calls and texts to Tori. Their not answering if they wanted to answer they would have, draw your own conclusions. It did drive me crazy all the talk about calling Tori when Michael was there. How nice for her to come all these way for everyone to be talking about Tori not being there.  Between that and the nail salon I'm trying to decide if Tori didn't text back she wasn't coming or show up on time because she doesn't care or is inconsiderate. I suppose she could be both. 

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

They are not doing anything to convince me that Tori Bates Smith is not an extremely rude young person!

I agree. I can't recall a single moment on the show where I've found her likeable. Carlin's personality can be obnoxious and over the top, but I think she's generally a caring and supportive person. I can't say the same for Tori.

• Love 11

I guess I feel bad for Zach and Whitney, but they have their boy and girl — is only 2 kids sooo bad? I don’t get why they brought it up. Whit is clearly not over it — cried the entire time and didn’t say a word. They could’ve just ignored the question or said - in God’s time or some such religious babble. I can rarely sit thru these FB things bc they are run by Law and Kelly both of whom are loud and grate on my nerves and both need attention so they must talk over each other. Law needs to find himself a life. He’s so obnoxious that for at least half that video he is sitting in FRONT of Whit. Who does that sitting on a couch?? We get it, you’re running the show but if you think someone will usurp your camera time, sit in front of your mom, not your sister in law who maybe said 3 words total.

And I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who found Dr Vick creepy af. Coming in and patting her on the leg like her dottering grandfather, coming in to deliver the baby with a look of glee with his tongue hanging out, then after the baby is out he’s sitting on the couch smiling adoringly at the whole family, and then creepily participating in photos w Erin and Chad and the new baby for a LONG time?!? Sorry I’m pretty sure most drs do their job and leave the fam alone, and maybe they’ll take ONE pic if the fam asks — they don’t participate in the fam experience?!? I get it he’s seeing mother and daughter vag so he’s part of the fam now but he acts overly involved.

I think Tori like Alyssa is more about herself. It’s just that Alyssa has the excuse of distance and has made it clear she’s not going to Tenn more than 2 times/yr unlike Michael, when ppl visit her they are not staying in her home etc. Tori hasn’t found the nerve to set boundaries bc her overly loud sister and mother would harass her and try to convince her if she had just said - Love ya but if the baby comes after 10 pm, I’ll visit in the morning. So then she has to do the - oh I’m so excited about nails/birth etc - and then find ways to get out by showing up late, not answering the phone etc. In that sense Nashville will be better for her and Bobby.

• Love 6

When he first came into the room he touched her leg above the knee in what I suppose was a comforting gesture. I rewound it to watch a few times because it quick but was really strange to me. Then when he came back for the actual birth he stuck his tongue out at in a way that made me just feel gross.

Hmmm, I will have to watch that scene again because:  I sit ( Flash Dance Jennifer Beals) style in the bed normally, and my OB came in.  He patted my upper thigh, placed his hand on my shoulder, turned to my Mom and husband to tell him that he was watching from the nurses's station, the baby's heartbeat.  It had fallen slightly, but not into the danger zone.  I was going to labor one more hour, and then it was c section time.  Luckily that was all JC needed to hear.  His head was out on the way to the delivery room.

I cannot remember how long it takes before the placenta is delivered, maybe that is why he was sitting, or waiting to have his pic taken.  I know we made a ton of pics in the delivery room with our OB, nurses, and then Mom and Dad got to come in with more pictures abound.  I remember everyone being told to leave that it was time for the placenta to makes it's exit.

I also pray that Bobby/Tori's mess was producer driven.  Tori may not have wanted to come, and this was UP's way of "explaining without explaining) idea.  I think if it was not producer driven, we would have seen Katie at the door knocking.  Poor Katie slept though the entire event, which also makes me think that it was producer driven.  

I do believe that I am going to find a way to witch slap Erin through the TV for talking about having another baby.  Poor Chad was about to come unglued.  I said it before, and I will say it again:  the living room will become the communal bedroom, and the bedroom their tiny living room.  Only so many souls will fit in that room.  I would love to know how much money Erin/Chad get from the TV show, or anyone else for that matter.  I would use Dr. Vick in a heartbeat if I lived near Knoxville.  I guess each to their own.  He may just feel extremely comfortable around the family since Kelly et all uses him.

God bless Michael.  Our niece has PCOS, and all of her friends are popping babies.  She said that she stays strong around them, but is screaming on the inside.  She must have nerves of steel.  

Last week:

My poor Trace.  He simply cannot catch a break.  I do remember Shadow, and another girl from the Dixie show coming around the first season of BuB.  Trace had just come from Dixie, and was awestruck with the stunts on the show.  I think being so sheltered from us  heathens in the real world, he lacks the experience (jobs) to make it at Dixie or the basketball team.  Hopefully Shadow can help.  Speaking of Trace, I wonder what happened to the cute girl who went skiing with them two years ago.  That was the first time we heard about a Bobby and a Kelton.  

• Love 3

Erin was absolutely ridiculous last night.  I don't know how Chad puts up with her histrionics.  Yes, labor hurts--and you chose to get pregnant again anyway, so suck it up buttercup!  Perhaps that's harsh, but I'm the type of person who withdraws when they're in pain--I can't relate to Erin at all. 

I also felt like she was throwing some shade at Alyssa when she said "some people are private, but I'm a people person and I want people around me" (while I'm pushing a human out of my nether regions).  I think she just likes being the center of attention. 

My heart hurts for Michael, though.  She's the only pregnancy announcement I want to hear at this point--she would be such a good mom.  I think the family takes her for granted, and she seems like such a good person. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, cereality said:

As much as Alyssa keeps saying she won't have 19 -- and maybe she won't be 19 can be tough if you don't actively try all the time -- reality is at the rate she's going, she'll have more than her desired 6. She's only 23 and they get knocked up yearly -- 4 more only gets her to her late 20s. She has ALL of her 30s to contend with. Pretty sure grandma was right on that one. Maybe ask grandma how BC works since your husband and your mom seem incapable of figuring it out/discussing it with you.

If Alyssa continues to have babies at the current rate of 1 per year, she'll have 20 kids by the time she's 40. Yikes!

The thing is, none of these people would say they "chose" to get pregnant. They would say it's a "blessing" from God. It takes away all responsibility regarding family planning and the mother's health. I'm sure it also makes Michael and Brandon feel like crap because God hasn't "blessed" them.

• Love 10

My husband and I are cradle practicing Catholics.  During our engagement encounter weekend, we went through the NFP.  BUT:  We were also told that if God did not intend the use of BC, he would never allowed scientists to invent them.  

Poor Whit.  My heart truly breaks for her.  My husband said that he was right about Whit keeping her arms crossed down during the talking heads earlier this season.  

Curious that we have to sit through, and endure puny Erin's labor.  I can just imagine what we go through with the other Princess, oops Tori Lane.  Maybe Bobby will sleep through, and Erin not answer her door/phone.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

I think she just likes being the center of attention. 

I do too. I understand some people like having a distraction while they're in pain, but with Erin I get the vibe it's more about being the Queen Bee. I don't understand why it was necessary for half a dozen relatives to stay up all night when Erin likely got an epidural two seconds after she was admitted and dozed until it was time to push. Me personally, I would've just told my family to stay put and swing by in the morning. 

I also agree about the antics. Yes, labor is hard no matter how many times you've done it, but it's a hell of a lot worse when you're acting like a drama queen wailing away instead of getting your emotions in check and focusing on practical things you can do to ease your discomfort. 

I watched the FB Live, and Lawson is certainly in love with Lawson, isn't he? Nobody could get a word in edgewise before he was cutting them off and taking over.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bessiesue said:

My husband and I are cradle practicing Catholics.  During our engagement encounter weekend, we went through the NFP.  BUT:  We were also told that if God did not intend the use of BC, he would never allowed scientists to invent them.  

Poor Whit.  My heart truly breaks for her.  My husband said that he was right about Whit keeping her arms crossed down during the talking heads earlier this season.  

Curious that we have to sit through, and endure puny Erin's labor.  I can just imagine what we go through with the other Princess, oops Tori Lane.  Maybe Bobby will sleep through, and Erin not answer her door/phone.  

Whitney's miscarriage happened after the taping of the season they are currently airing. If they address it, it will be as part of Season 8. During the FB Live, Lawson tried to address airing of Josie's engagement as part of next season. I suspect the miscarriage happened around the same time; they vaguely indicated  that it happened at least a few weeks ago. 

• Love 1

Thanks Sew Sumi.  He said that he noticed several times, the girls arms would be crossed at the start of the season, and boom announcement.  No crossed arms, no announcement.  He is funny that way.  Love your name btw.  Here in AL, Alexander Shunnaraha would trademark.  

• Love 5

I'm so tired of 'little fairy princess" Erin. She defies logic IMO. She's a cry baby. How could a 'grown woman' behave as she does during labor? She's afraid of labor and delivery, yet she continues to have children. She has a blood clotting condition, yet she continues to have children. Does she not know basic math? Her husband earns just so much money, they live in a small cottage built for two, yet she seems to give no thought to the logistics of having baby after baby. If she's not careful, she's going to run Chad in to the ground at a young age. He also is an idiot for not telling her the facts of life. I also was amazed (although I should have known better) that these Bates women actually live and believe that they have absolutely no control or say over how many times they conceive....like nothing has been thought of or invented to control or prevent conception. It's like crossing a busy street without looking for oncoming cars, trusting that somehow, they will get to the other side...

• Love 11

Does anyone else remember that stupid, baby voice Erin use to have before she got married and was on Duggar TV?  It suddenly disappeared after she got married.  The sound of that voice would grate on my very last nerve...

• Love 3

Well, a different opinion here.  Everyone's tolerance for pain is different.  And fear can intensify your reaction.   Erin probably remembers her first birth without the epidural, although she had stated from the get go that she wanted one.  My daughter had an epidural that was not done properly and she was in agony and also frightened.  Since I had never given birth (she is adopted) I was not sure what was going on.  I did suspect the epidural was not taking effect because she continued to pace the room except when a contraction hit.  The nurses were kind, but useless in my opinion.  They called her midwife who comforted her over the phone but did NOT SHOW UP!!!! By now I was screaming give her another epidural...the first one isn't working...but there was no doctor available who could do one for several more hours.  Finally one showed up, repeated the procedure and my daughter had instant relief.   I am not a fan of midwives (at least this one) because of this.  Anyway, I give Erin slack because she was in pain and scared, even though (and maybe because) she had been through this before.  But she shouldn't be talking about more kids yet!!!!  No no no!

• Love 5
On 8/11/2018 at 7:04 AM, floridamom said:

I'm so tired of 'little fairy princess" Erin. She defies logic IMO. She's a cry baby. How could a 'grown woman' behave as she does during labor? She's afraid of labor and delivery, yet she continues to have children. She has a blood clotting condition, yet she continues to have children. Does she not know basic math? Her husband earns just so much money, they live in a small cottage built for two, yet she seems to give no thought to the logistics of having baby after baby. If she's not careful, she's going to run Chad in to the ground at a young age. He also is an idiot for not telling her the facts of life. I also was amazed (although I should have known better) that these Bates women actually live and believe that they have absolutely no control or say over how many times they conceive....like nothing has been thought of or invented to control or prevent conception. It's like crossing a busy street without looking for oncoming cars, trusting that somehow, they will get to the other side...

I don't understand their attitude about having children either, that it is up to God to decide and they can't/shouldn't do anything about it because it would be sinful. Kelly had Lasik surgery to improve her eyesight. God gave her poor eyesight. Why isn't it sinful to correct it? 

• Love 15
On 8/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, Saltgypsie said:

Does anyone else remember that stupid, baby voice Erin use to have before she got married and was on Duggar TV?  It suddenly disappeared after she got married.  The sound of that voice would grate on my very last nerve...

YES - it always amazes me that Erin actually has a normal voice.  I couldn't stand her before she married Chad and at the time couldn't understand how he would want to marry her with that voice.  Then it turns out it wasn't her real voice!

• Love 2

I think a huge part of Chad's attraction for Erin was that he liked playing the White Knight to her Damsel In Distress. The only problem is that sort of dynamic is only cute and fun in the early stages of a relationship/marriage. When you're neck deep in babies, animals, tiny houses and bills you want someone a tad more level-headed when it comes to the practicalities of daily life. 

I don't think it's any coincidence that Chad is aging in dog years. They're supposed to be saving for a house, but that's going to be impossible if Erin's popping out a kid every year. Even if Dr. Vick is giving them a reduced fee, they still have to pay for those Heparin shots, which can't be cheap. I doubt they have good insurance, if they even have any at all. 

I don't even put all the blame on her. Chad's supposed to be the headship, so if it's getting to be too much he needs to speak up. It makes me wonder if any of these couples ever sit down and have a real conversation. It's like they're permanently stuck in that "polite phase" of dating where you measure your words because you're not yet comfortable enough to be truly honest.

• Love 8

Yes, also Erin is a brunette who wears glasses...Alyssa is a brunette too. God didn't make Erin a blonde with 20/20 vision. She's trying to look like something God did not create her to be. Isn't that 'interfering with God's plan' for her...to be a brunette with glasses.

• Love 5

It broke my heart to see the look on Michael's face when Erin was holding her third child.  I find it interesting that Erin allows the camera to follow her during labor and to be in the room while she gives birth.  Her motto also seems to be the more people around, the merrier.  Alyssa on the other hand, doesn't even want her mother in the hospital/birth center until after she's delivered.   

• Love 1

This may sound crazy, but watching Kelton's dad, I think he'd be the perfect spouse for someone like Jana. Good-looking mature guy, financially comfortable, nice house and cute, polite children. I think she'd thrive in a ready-made family and it would get her the heck out of the TTH. Assuming Mr. Balka is early 40s, it would be a bit of an age difference, but not inappropriately so.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

This may sound crazy, but watching Kelton's dad, I think he'd be the perfect spouse for someone like Jana. Good-looking mature guy, financially comfortable, nice house and cute, polite children. I think she'd thrive in a ready-made family and it would get her the heck out of the TTH. Assuming Mr. Balka is early 40s, it would be a bit of an age difference, but not inappropriately so.

Michael Balka is 51 according to my internet stalking skills. And while I agree that this would make a good fit for Jana, Michael has never removed his wedding ring and if he wanted to move on, I think he would have already. 

12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I like that idea!!!  I feel the same way you do - he'd be perfect for Jana!

• Love 3
On 8/16/2018 at 8:43 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Michael Balka is 51 according to my internet stalking skills. And while I agree that this would make a good fit for Jana, Michael has never removed his wedding ring and if he wanted to move on, I think he would have already. 

Maybe he hasn't met the woman yet who rings his bells.  Even at 51, I don't think that's too much of a spread for Jana.  He could easily pass for 40 and she can easily pass for 35 because she so old-fashioned.  I think Mr. Balka has been pouring his life into his children and that may be what has been filling the void in his life.

Edited by Evagirl
typo
  • Love 1

I've only been able to watch bits and pieces of this season, but Lawson's promotion of his music career is getting tiring. I very much doubt that he is ready to settle down yet, but he sure knows how to play up his 'Most Eligible Bachelor' status among fundies.

• Love 4