Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I was at a loss for words when Tori said "who cooks frozen green beans"... now granted growing up in farm country they should had plenty of access to fresh green beans. which follows, some of the harvest gets frozen to be eaten later. But I had a feeling all this child knows is canned vegetables.

What I  don't get - if Kelly (and other SR women in their faith) believe that the wife's place is in the home - why are they not better cooks - esp. from a nutritional on stand point?

The older girls in the family probably are better cooks b/c they "had to be" . But as soon as girlie , regardless of birth order, announces she is " in a relationship that leads to marriage" , shouldn't the cooking lessons begin? If not with the mom, or MIL-to-be, but with someone? No one is expecting a trained chef w/ a repertoire of dishes, but at least know how to cook your favorite meal.

Kudos for Bobby knowing how to grill and season steaks. Being able to cook a couple of basic meals , before marriage, also applies to the boys too. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
(edited)

Tori explaining how hard it is to go from nothing, while courting to everything, when married made me feel a bit sorry for her.  That is a whole lot for a young virgin girl to take in all at once.  I hope these young men areloving and patient with these girls.  I also hope, now that I think of it, that the fellows have half an idea...what to do.  lol

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Tori explaining how hard it is to go from nothing, while courting to everything, when married made me feel a bit sorry for her.  That is a whole lot for a young virgin girl to take in all at once.  I hope these young men are loving and patient with these girls.  I also hope, now that I think of it, that the fellows have half an idea...what to do.  lol

speaking of which.. Kendra and Joesph Duggar are now parents ( link )... children having children... The giggler is now a mom..

I do think the Bates girls are a slightly more sexual ready - still virginal - but a little more ready to have sex.

Hey - did anyone catch Kelly having a "sex/martial" talk with the girlies - like Michelle did with Jill or Jessa = "be available for your husband".. "only you can give him that special gift"...etc

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, sATL said:

I was at a loss for words when Tori said "who cooks frozen green beans"... now granted growing up in farm country they should had plenty of access to fresh green beans. which follows, some of the harvest gets frozen to be eaten later. But I had a feeling all this child knows is canned vegetables.

What I  don't get - if Kelly (and other SR women in their faith) believe that the wife's place is in the home - why are they not better cooks - esp. from a nutritional on stand point?

The older girls in the family probably are better cooks b/c they "had to be" . But as soon as girlie , regardless of birth order, announces she is " in a relationship that leads to marriage" , shouldn't the cooking lessons begin? If not with the mom, or MIL-to-be, but with someone? No one is expecting a trained chef w/ a repertoire of dishes, but at least know how to cook your favorite meal.

Kudos for Bobby knowing how to grill and season steaks. Being able to cook a couple of basic meals , before marriage, also applies to the boys too. 

Erin didn't know how to cook either. They made jokes in the past about it. Good job Kelly.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2

little surprised Kelton's dad hasn't remarried. He is an attractive man and I'm sure the kids were well mannered growing up . And it sound like he was a young widower.

I guess all of the remembering of his late wife, in the last 9 years, ( link  ) scared away all of the potentials.

• Love 1

Kelton's father is a handsome man.  I am sure he has been busy raising five children by himself with no wife.  Hopefully family helped.

I didn't realize she passed away just nine years ago so Kelton must be the oldest.  She was beautiful and it seems much loved.

• Love 3
On 6/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Tori explaining how hard it is to go from nothing, while courting to everything, when married made me feel a bit sorry for her.  

Me too. Both she and Bobby seemed to be struggling and I felt bad for them. They're two grown adults, they shouldn't have to feel guilty or shameful for showing affection. It just goes to show how warped their upbringing really is. 

My heart broke for Kelton when he talked about his mother's death, but I do think it's nice that he and his dad have such a close relationship. I noticed Kelton's dad was driving a pretty sweet Lexus. I wonder what he does for work?

• Love 1
(edited)

I needed this silly show tonight bc I work with a bunch of assholes.

When Trace said 'they put my name on it. John Wayne. Chuck Norris,' Gil had the most genuine laugh. ❤️

Tori bothers me. I think she'd be a pain in the ass to be around.

"John's mute. Ok." lol

Zach and Whitney are a very cute couple. I think they're my favorite, whatever that's worth ?.

Who knew Katie liked pizza and 'rammin' better than ice cream? Her reaction was awesome. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Tori bothers me. I think she'd be a pain in the ass to be around.

Tori's a whiner and a complainer, which is a total buzz kill. It's unfortunate for Bobby because he seems like a funny, easygoing guy. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship levels out once the honeymoon phase is over. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Tori's a whiner and a complainer, which is a total buzz kill. It's unfortunate for Bobby because he seems like a funny, easygoing guy. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship levels out once the honeymoon phase is over. 

If they had a chance to date before courting I wonder if they'd still be together. 

• Love 12

"Who is behind all the babies?"  Funny.

I'm surprised they let their son dress in drag even if it was ugly drag.

Lawson had this expression on his face during the games, "Ew, old people!  Don't let them touch me!"

8 hours ago, flyingdi said:

"Who is behind all the babies?"  Funny.

I'm surprised they let their son dress in drag even if it was ugly drag.

Lawson had this expression on his face during the games, "Ew, old people!  Don't let them touch me!"

It's interesting to watch everyone's reaction to Nathan in drag. There were some that looked like they were in shock. I'm going to have to go back and re-watch. 

Tori IS a buzzkill, and Bobby seems like a positive guy.  That's gonna get old. 

I'm just gonna say it: I like Carlin. Well, she's full of energy, likes to laugh, and is self-deprecating.  I think she's funny.  There. I said it. Team Carlin, table for one.

• Love 9
(edited)

Gosh.. I didn't know you were bedridden a week after Lazer eye surgery... Yes, take it easy 12-24 hrs .. but wow.. Might need to re-think that long-range-idea for myself.. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

Gosh.. I didn't know you were bedridden a week after Lazer eye surgery... Yes, take it easy 12-24 hrs .. but wow.. Might need to re-think that long-range-idea for myself.. 

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I'm a little surprised. My sister had Lasik done years ago and I don't recall her being out of commission that long. I'll have to ask her, but IIRC, she was only out of work for a couple days.

Edited by BitterApple
3 hours ago, zenme said:

I'm just gonna say it: I like Carlin. Well, she's full of energy, likes to laugh, and is self-deprecating.  I think she's funny.  There. I said it. Team Carlin, table for one.

Can I sit there, too? ? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn't see the episode but that shouldn't be how it is.  I had it done one morning, basically out the rest of the day (Because you can't open your eyes) but the next day I was good to go, but vision was a little bit blurry

• Love 1
(edited)

Just dropping in to say I was down three days after my Lasik 10 years ago.  The first two days my sight was very blurry, and achy.  The third I felt better, but my eyes still felt really tired.  I am guessing going up and down the stairs might have been a factor.  I knew I could not bend over for days per instructions.  

Tori looked really pretty in her talking head moments.  

Edited by Bessiesue
  • Love 2

I'm not a fan of Tori or Carlin, but I think the difference is Carlin -- while LOUD and obnoxious, is with a guy who is like that too. I don't think Evan has to change much in order to be able to deal with her bc he may have the same tendencies, so they'll go forth obnoxiously together. Bobby and Tori OTOH are different from each other. She is annoying and whiny along with being obnoxious. He OTOH seems right now to be a happy go lucky, care free kind of guy who wants an easy, nice life with a wife and kids. This is manifesting/will manifest as doing whatever he can to make his annoying wife happy -- and nothing ever will bc whatever he does, she'll want and expect more. I can see how the next 40-60 yrs of his life look. But he's a nice guy and has been raised to believe you can never divorce, so he'll do it even if it means sacrificing his own happiness. That may be why his parents don't seem too thrilled with the marriage, they know it means their son the nice guy will spend his life catering to her, while she doesn't worry about whether he's happy or not.

I think it's ridiculous how much emphasis these families put on married vs. NOT. A dinner just for married couples -- uh ok?! But I also think it's desperate that Lawson and Nathan had to crash. We get it, you're not married, you're not wanted here -- so have some self respect and don't show up begging for steak. Somehow I thought they'd come, make an entrance, say hi and leave; but later on you can see them sitting at the edges of the camera shot eating their steak. Despite the premise of the dinner being ridiculous, I thought the stories were sweet -- Zach saying he told Alyssa on day 1 that he'd marry Whit but was telling dad she was just a friend and Gil was like -- I'm not fool; or John not being able to utter out his name when he saw Alyssa. Chad's was dumb but then he and Erin are kind dumb -- that he liked her fake grin from across the room. Brandon tries real hard on the romance but just isn't comfortable with it at least not publicly -- saying that when he say Michael he wondered who was holding on the babies and then thought her husband will be a blessed guy -- yeah I don't believe that even with his fundie speak; I think it was more his sisters saying -- look at that girl, she's pretty, she loves babies, she's fundie, she's make a great wife for you and him slowly agreeing.

I think Kelton and Bobby together bring something into the family -- they've known each other before becoming brothers in law and have actually known each other since 18 since they were college roommates. So I thought it was funny that Kelton was able to tell how Bobby kept playing a video of Tori over and over again with her singing in her southern drawl and then telling Kelton OMG I'm in love.

At I love you day -- who was the handsome young man hanging out with them? Someone for Katie? He's a generic thin looking guy -- at first I thought it was Lawson or Evan -- but then he was shown standing behind Gil when they were watching the old people come in and you can see Lawson in the same camera shot; then he's shown sitting next to Lawson while Evan is showing off his old person costume. I think it's weird that they often have young guys hanging with them as "friends" and then later that friend is shown to be someone's husband; I feel like there was a time where Trace always had 1-2 basketball buddies with him and I was thinking then too -- guys for Katie??

Also thought it was interesting that when Trace was "complaining" that he didn't get to crash the couples dinner, Law and Nathan both said -- find yourself a girl at college, it's easy for you. Trace replied -- it's not that easy; sounds to me like everyone assumes Trace will be the next boy wedding.

• Love 5

I had a cornea transplant (because I had complications after a lens implant for vision correction) and I was back at work in a few days.  I think Kelly just took advantage of the doctor saying "take it easy." She thought it would be a good time to have Michaela come in and take over.  By the way, was anyone else cringing last night when Michaela was chopping that chicken with her hair hanging around?  I know the Duggars and Bates both like to keep their hair long, but come on people, pull it back when you are working the kitchen. 

• Love 10

They do just give one gift to another person on I Love You Day. One of the middle brothers drew Katie and got her a pizza. He didn't have to get gifts for everyone else as well. Lawson drew John Webster, so everyone seems to be included. 

• Love 1

I was also surprised that Kelly was laid up for a week.  I had cataract surgery last month and I know it's a different surgery, but I had to take it easy the first day but was fine, up and about after that.  Of course no heavy lifting, bending at the waist or exertion.  I also had to do the drops several times a day for a month, but I was able to do it myself, I didn't need my husband to do it for me.  I wonder if she was milking it or if they just wanted to add a little drama.

The hair and the cooking thing - yes.  How about a ponytail?  You wonder how much of that hair ends up in the food.  And the water/dustpan wake-up?!  Yikes.  Nasty.  I wonder how they all keep from getting sick sometimes, but I am kind of a germaphobe.

• Love 6

I have feeling Kelly was milking the down time although I don't know why its not like she does anything. It was nice that Michael came down to help. I liked what Carlin (?) said about how nice it was to see her and how things change after one moves out. But I rolled my eyes at Kelly's happy that Michael came so meals would get done. Please Kelly, if she hadn't you would have found someone else or just let Carlin and Katie deal with all the cooking. I'm sure those two are doing all the cooking since Tori left. Unless the younger girls are now helping. Also, can Michael ever just come visit and not work? 

I like the I Love You Day and how they celebrate it. I like the idea of them picking names and giving a gift to one sibling. But agree giving the size of the family and how some want to give something to those they don't see much. That can easily get expensive.  Maybe have them pick two names a sibling and niece or nephew? I don't know. I liked listening to each couple talk about the first time they saw each other. I wish we'd have gotten Gil and Kelly's real reaction to Zach meeting a girl on his own but I'm sure they don't want to admit that reaction on TV. Kelton teasing Bobby about playing the video of Tori over and over and Alyssa thinking John was mute because he couldn't say anything. They seemed like normal reactions. So was Brandon's reaction to all those babies. Was anyone annoyed when Papa Bill was asked his first thoughts on his wife and Gil interrupted him to answer? Let your father answer the question.  

Did Carson or Bradley get a baby doll as a gift? If so that's very good and very cool. Katie getting pizza was really cool but I didn't like others grabbing a slice without asking or her giving permission.  Great, so Katie got to eat one slice of her present. Hopefully she hid the ramen noodles well or she probably only got to eat one of those and others got to eat that present too.  

• Love 6

I likes that Kelly want to pious to let us know she went after Gil and that she found him hot. That's real, and I appreciate that. They've so much more normal than their Arkansas counterparts.

• Love 1

Yes, Carson or Bradley did get a doll, it was blue, but it was a doll.  I have seen him with a link one in the earlier show. Do not get me wrong.  I love this family so much, but I do agree with the negative.  They are much better at hiding their real truths about their beliefs, or UPTV does better editing.  

I have not learned to quote yet, but I did see the young man.  He is in the scene where Gill is telling "On my God is that Carlin".  He is wearing a faded blue jeans jacket, a real color shirt, and has his head leaned back slightly.  Allie Jane is sucking her thumb on on the couch, Alyssa is in red, her head turned, John in a checkered shirt, and a girl in pink.  All in the right side of the TV.  

Oh, I forgot to add how I  am in love with Callie's elf like ears.  Is Ellie the one that sound deaf when she talks.  My husband is 50%, and sounds just like her. If so, she is Michaela made over the older she gets.  

• Love 1
(edited)

@Bessiesue, Addallee is the one who is deaf or partially deaf. She is slightly older than Ellie. I think Ellie and Addee both look like Michael but I think Addee has Erin’s eyes. 

I think Callie and her ears are adorable. She and Judson are both funny and articulate. 

Edited by EVS
I’m terrible at grammar
  • Love 1
(edited)

XrystalPond, my extended family did the same thing growing up. My mother has six siblings, so between them, in-laws, grandkids etc. it was getting out of control. They decided to scrap gift-giving for the adults and just draw names and do presents for the kids. 

I can't even imagine how nuts it is in the Bates family where there's nearly triple the amount of original kids, plus everyone else. 

Also, to continue the thoughts expressed above, does it grate any of your nerves that Kelly doesn't seem to see Michael as anything besides a cook and nanny? She totally treats her differently than she does Erin and Alyssa. I swear there's some subconscious passive-aggressive meanness going on because Michael has "failed" to fulfill her womanly "duties." It's like she's relegated back to Daughter-Slave status because hasn't spawned.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

XrystalPond, my extended family did the same thing growing up. My mother has six siblings, so between them, in-laws, grandkids etc. it was getting out of control. They decided to scrap gift-giving for the adults and just draw names and do presents for the kids. 

I can't even imagine how nuts it is in the Bates family where there's nearly triple the amount of original kids, plus everyone else. 

Also, to continue the thoughts expressed above, does it grate any of your nerves that Kelly doesn't seem to see Michael as anything besides a cook and nanny? She totally treats her differently than she does Erin and Alyssa. I swear there's some subconscious passive-aggressive meanness going on because Michael has "failed" to fulfill her womanly "duties." It's like she's relegated back to Daughter-Slave status because hasn't spawned.

Kelly 's treatment of Michael may be different because Michael is the "little mother".  Maybe since Kelly is the mom she wants all the credit even if she wants Michael to do a lot of the work?

• Love 2

I

On 6/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, Bessiesue said:

Just dropping in to say I was down three days after my Lasik 10 years ago.  The first two days my sight was very blurry, and achy.  The third I felt better, but my eyes still felt really tired.  I am guessing going up and down the stairs might have been a factor.  I knew I could not bend over for days per instructions.  

Tori looked really pretty in her talking head moments.  

I believe Kelly had RPK surgery. Usually it is done one eye at a time so you are not totally blind while your eye heals. I know a few people who have gone this route as Lasik was not suitable for them. When I had Lasik they cut my eyelids when cutting the lens which made me unable to see right away. I needed 3 extra days for healing. It has been the most painful surgey I've had to date, and I've had a c section.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, XrystalPond said:

My father has 13 siblings and my mother has seven. So big family stuff is the norm. It can be costly and awkward. Then when you add in that Michael and Alyssa have to travel so far with their husbands and Alyssa's kids, you are talking about a headache of packing coming and going. The little girls were making soaps and bath salts, which don't travel well on airplanes. Since Michael and Brandon were renting a car, I assume they must have flown. 

As far as Kelly and Michael, yes there is a weirdness there that seems to get worse. In the episode earlier this season when Erin and Kelly came to Michael's house to help decorate, it really struck me how odd their interaction is with each other. While I'm sure that Erin's questions about infertility tests and doctors were staged for television, you get the feeling they have talked about it before. Kelly merely responded with a, "we'll be praying for you." There is nothing wrong with the sentiment, but it seemed a bit cold and distant for a mother to say to her daughter. When I was suffering from an issue that resulted in my having a hysterectomy, I remember my mother being very helpful and providing family history that I might not know and going over schedules about my recovery. My parents even offered to pay a portion of one of the bills I was worried about so I could see a highly recommended specialist who was out of network. 

In the episode where the little boys played with fire and almost burned down the house, her interaction with Michael was strange there too. Yes, she was worried and rightfully so, but she was visiting her daughter. She told Michael that she didn't want to be there in Chicago. Michael was much nicer than I would be about it and told her that she was glad that she was there, but still that was not what you say to your daughter. If I was Kelly, I would have apologized to Michael and said that as much as I was happy to see her, I was sorry that my mind was elsewhere with everything going on right then.

Lately every time Michael comes back for a visit, Kelly greets her at the door with a new request, demand, or set of chores. She spends time alone with Erin because she lives so close. And there have been times that only she and Gil visit Alyssa. However, she always has three or four children with her when she visits Michael. Maybe they had wonderful mother/daughter chats while Kelly was recuperating, but we weren't shown that. Instead, we got more of Carlin waxing poetic about increased responsibility now that she is the oldest girl at home while Michael actually did the work. 

It's almost like Kelly doesn't know how to relate to her daughter who doesn't have children. I have an aunt like that. She had three daughters who each got married within one month of graduating high school. They have all been married numerous times now and have children and grandchildren of their own. I am a decade or two younger. I didn't get married right away and didn't have children right upon getting married. My aunt would always ask me how I was, when was I getting married, and when was I having children. She would then remind me that I wasn't getting any younger. That was the extent of our relationship. Kelly seems to be the same way. She can give lip service to the unmarried children and Michael about their activities, careers, etc. But her main focus is always the marrieds with children and the ones courting. The most attention she paid to Michael was pestering Brandon about proposing.  You kind of wonder if she could name one of Lawson's songs or if she could tell you what position Trace wanted to play in basketball. 

Given how much she seems to want to be a part of the wedding planning, baby showers, and even births, I have wondered if Kelly might be one of those people who likes to be in the spotlight and struggles to share that role. With both Michael and Tori's weddings, she was constantly calling them, "the wedding." With the first few grandchildren, she was all about how these were her grandchildren. She sort of inserted herself into things rather than taking a step back. Erin allows that and Tori seems to allow it too. Even Whitney is more flexible than I would be in her position. Michael is more independent and has less use for Kelly's interference, meddling, or help. So while Tori, Carlin, Alyssa, and even Erin have viewed Kelly as a mother and Michael as a sister, the younger girls and boys seem to have viewed Michael as an equal to Kelly. 

Looking back you can see the younger ones visibly upset that Michael was getting married and leaving. (I'm not talking about Carlin or those who were just being dramatic.) None of them react that way to Kelly. No, Kelly isn't leaving them, but at those younger ages they might have considered that. Callie literally clings to Michael and Jeb/Jud do too on occasion. While Kelly was still having babies that was fine, but now that the train has stopped it has to be somewhat hard for Kelly that her children look to their siblings before her.

Maybe it isn't that way, but there seems to be that vibe in many cases. For example, Carlin, who loves to be on camera, has asked Tori, Erin, and Michael about college and what to study, etc. We've never seen her go to Kelly to ask about higher education. When the children are asked about their favorite meals, they will say Michael's fried chicken or something that Alyssa would make. They wanted Michael to make blackberry cobbler. I've never heard any of them ask for or mention something that Kelly makes. 

Kelly isn't a bad mother, especially when dealing with that many. She is very hands on with a lot of things. And I give her credit for that. I just wonder if she may not be transitioning as well from the role she had before with multiple pregnancies/always having a baby in her arms to being more of the advisor figure of a mother to grown or growing children. 

All this and a bag of chips! Perfectly stated. 

• Love 1

I finally saw the episode today, and wow, that was so incredibly rude the way the family descended on Katie's pizza like a bunch of starved hyenas. That gift was supposed to be for HER and they didn't even ask if they could have a slice, they just started grabbing. No wonder Josie has a permanent "get me the eff out of here" expression plastered to her face. 

I felt bad for Michael when Brandon was struggling to concoct a story of how he was smitten the first moment he saw her. I believe he's grown to love her, but we all know it didn't play out that way from the start. 

Kelton and Bobby's bromance is really cute. Too bad Bobby and Tori are moving to Nashville.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

That was so incredibly rude of them. Like a true fundie girl/woman, she accepted it and let it slide. I have to wonder if such a thing was done to one of the boys, if they would be half as nice about it. While I do think that being polite and kind is important, the way these fundies teach their daughters to "keep it sweet" and be submissive is troublesome. Teaching a child to be sweet and submissive all the time can be dangerous in the case that something happens where she is pressured to do something she doesn't want to do. 

She didn't look like she batted an eye. I'm sure she's probably used to it, and sees nothing out of the ordinary at all. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, XrystalPond said:

I realize I'm oversensitive having worked briefly at a child advocacy center and rape crisis center that specialize in all forms of sexual abuse prevention, detection, and treatment. However, it is troubling to see anyone (but especially women) so trained to accept behaviors of others. No, it is not abusive to share a pizza. But there is just an underlying message of acceptance that I can see with girls in fundy type families that is worrisome. Everyone should be encouraged and allowed to say no, take ownership of their own bodies, have personal boundaries, and not be made to feel that others' happiness, satisfaction, or completeness is your responsibility. 

It looked like she didn't mind or see anything exceptionally rude about it. That is good for this situation, but worrisome when you think about what else it could mean with the wrong type of person. While I'm specifically referencing girls and women being able to say no, I am a big proponent of teaching all children to be aware of boundaries and respect those boundaries - both their own and others.

I actually think her acceptance of the pizza taking was not due to her fundy-ism, but due to her being part of a big family. 

As a teacher, I notice things about my little ones, like I can tell the difference between the kids with sibs and the kids without sibs. The kids with brothers and sister share easier, and I notice that if someone bumps into to them or accidentally steps on them when we're at carpet time, they blow it off, and half the time don't even acknowledge that it happened. Only children are very much those who will complain or get very upset when personal space is invaded--even accidentally. They have a harder time sharing, etc. 

i really think Katie is just used to having to share, assumes she will share, etc., and I think it's merely due to being 1 in 19 kids.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4
On 6/12/2018 at 4:36 PM, BitterApple said:

Thanks. Business must be very good, lol.

Kelton was actually interviewed by the local news over the winter; because we had such a cold and out of the usual winter, people's pipes were bursting like crazy and they were insanely busy. So much so, they got interviewed. So yeah...business is definitely booming! In our areas, it's not unusual for plumber's to make high 80's, low 90's a year after their hourly rate and overtime. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, dixiemama said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkTPJV9FjaV/?hl=en&taken-by=bobbysmith.rp

It's a boy, interesting naming him after Dad but calling him Cade...is that what Erin and Chad did with Carson? 

Just like with Carson, I don't get naming your kid one thing and then giving him a nickname completely unrelated to the original. If you like Cade, just name him Cade for goodness sake, or save it for the next kid since you know she's gonna be five babies deep by the time she hits 30. To me it's like naming your child William and calling him Frank. 

• Love 11

Why does tonight's episode seen so obnoxious??

The Bates family hates seafood, but let's go order hundreds of dollars worth so we can spit it out and make disgusting faces. What a fake set up that was.

Kelly, who I often like, wasn't as likable tonight. And Gil seemed to be bragging how many offspring his fruitful loins had produced.

The kids all rode the bikes without helmets.

I hope they have good medical insurance... which I highly doubt.

• Love 6

Funny when Carlin said "...it's a win for me and mom, or should I say 'mom and I' since I'm smart and educated?" No Carlin. It's actually "mom and me."

So I wonder what Mama Jane and Papa Bill do (or did), for a living? All that land and property? Beach houses...

• Love 4