Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Fun & Games

• Start Topic

I'm calling it now... Flint is the actual Destroyer of Worlds. The Agents are going to be their usual heart over head dummies and take the poor kid back in time with them. He'll end up captured by the evil general lady (who is totally an alien) and she'll use his abilities to destroy the world for some "its for the greater good" reason like keeping Thanos from being able to find the Infinity Stones here on Earth) to tie into the Infinity War film that should be coming out right around the season finale.

Either that or it is Daisy and it'll tie into the mountain of Vibranium under Wakanda (presuming its the same as in the comics) and the Black Panther movie with the reveal that there is an actual limit to how much energy the metal can absorb before it explodes and that a mountain sized chunk could split the world in half if, say, Quake focused her power into it and it'll be Flint who instead holds everything together so it doesn't blow up the world.

I'm 50/50 on it... but with the kid's powerset you know he's going to be involved resolving this current plot somehow.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Blue Space Merle may be blue, but I'm pretty sure he isn't a Kree.   

Mary Poppins is cool, by the way.

He is Kree. That's part of his one on one with Rocket. He talks about his parents selling him to be a Kree battle slave.

Mary Poppins is cool. No disputing that.

1 hour ago, Chris24601 said:

I'm calling it now... Flint is the actual Destroyer of Worlds. The Agents are going to be their usual heart over head dummies and take the poor kid back in time with them. He'll end up captured by the evil general lady (who is totally an alien) and she'll use his abilities to destroy the world for some "its for the greater good" reason like keeping Thanos from being able to find the Infinity Stones here on Earth) to tie into the Infinity War film that should be coming out right around the season finale.

Either that or it is Daisy and it'll tie into the mountain of Vibranium under Wakanda (presuming its the same as in the comics) and the Black Panther movie with the reveal that there is an actual limit to how much energy the metal can absorb before it explodes and that a mountain sized chunk could split the world in half if, say, Quake focused her power into it and it'll be Flint who instead holds everything together so it doesn't blow up the world.

I'm 50/50 on it... but with the kid's powerset you know he's going to be involved resolving this current plot somehow.

I had not even thought about the kid. You make a good point about the team letting their emotions get in the way of logic and reason. This is especially true after their shared trauma from the Framework. You could not pick a worse version of the team to save the world if you tried, except for maybe season 1.

• Love 2

I am not up on my Kree phenotype in the Marvel world, but is there any significance to Kassius having a more powder blue look around his eyes than the other Kree, including his brother? I know this is minor and probably has nothing to do with anything.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I am not up on my Kree phenotype in the Marvel world, but is there any significance to Kassius having a more powder blue look around his eyes than the other Kree, including his brother? I know this is minor and probably has nothing to do with anything.

I'm assuming that Kassius is wearing makeup of some sort, similar to how he has made his human slaves wear gold makeup on their foreheads.

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

He is Kree. That's part of his one on one with Rocket. He talks about his parents selling him to be a Kree battle slave.

Daisy is being sold as a Kree battle slave, as are other Inhumans. It doesn't' mean that Yondu himself is Kree.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Daisy is being sold as a Kree battle slave, as are other Inhumans. It doesn't' mean that Yondu himself is Kree.

Natural mistake though, since he's blue.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

Natural mistake though, since he's blue.

I seen the mistake on many a nerd's review discussion videos and podcast but I do remember Yondu being identified as the other in the first Guardians Of The Galaxy, especially with that movie having a Kree villain.

10 hours ago, Jack Kerouac said:

She could have killed Sinar without even breaking a sweat. Just do to her what she did to SquidWard in the SHIELD hanger and the fight would have been over in 10 seconds. Why go all fisticuffs when you can stand off and crush someone's bones?

What was the point of that. It was a fight to the death, not a competition where you score points for cool fight moves. Just crush her right off the bat, so you don't die, and leave it at that. 

And speaking of fights, what was up with May. Now I have 0 combat training, but I would think if you opponent can read your mind and knows your next move, the smart thing to do would be let him attack first and just do things that counter his moves. If you can hit him somehow once he is in the middle of throwing a punch it would probably be a lot harder to stop it, even if he knew it was happening.

7 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I wonder if we will see any pink-skinned Kree at some point and if so if it will happen before Captain Marvel comes out.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

What was the point of that. It was a fight to the death, not a competition where you score points for cool fight moves. Just crush her right off the bat, so you don't die, and leave it at that. 

The only thing I got is that Mac was her partner and they both live by that SHIELD code. She was buying time rather than taking out an enemy soldier the most efficient way and humane way possible since you are not unnecessarily beating on someone 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:10 PM, Raja said:

I seen the mistake on many a nerd's review discussion videos and podcast but I do remember Yondu being identified as the other in the first Guardians Of The Galaxy, especially with that movie having a Kree villain.

I don't think the Kree have such crooked teeth  :)  Centaurians may be the Great Britain of the galaxy.

Last week, I was on Facebook, reminding people about the series' return. So what happened after 10:30 on Friday night? "FUCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!" Must remember: watch AoS, DVR Amazingness.

The episode was fun. I mean, high body count, but at least most of the band is back together. Fitz & Simmons are back together, and maybe the gold crap can be peeled off her face. And a new "NuHuman" (Inhuman "born" after Infinity; re: Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl) got introduced. "Flint" was a dead giveaway; I just didn't remember which Inhuman he was supposed to be. I hear "Flint," I think "G.I. Joe."

On 1/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, HunterHunted said:

As he pretends to be the most genial Kree in existence and this includes the one dude who thinks he's Mary Poppins.

Yeah, Ronan was Kree, not Yondu. I think the highest-known Kree will be introduced in or before Captain Marvel. I could use folks from Yondu's race . . . maybe like Original Yondu from the comics, as opposed to Blue Space Merle.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:33 AM, AnimeMania said:

This is great, they now have an Inhuman that can stick rocks together. Give him 5,000 years and he can glue the Earth back together.

Maybe Enoch can make that happen? Also, way to not tell Fitz that his OTP was rendered deaf. He thought she was playing in really cool. That would've been tragic, but then the slaughter happened and they reunited.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2018 at 9:12 AM, Lantern7 said:

Last week, I was on Facebook, reminding people about the series' return. So what happened after 10:30 on Friday night? "FUCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!" Must remember: watch AoS, DVR Amazingness.

The episode was fun. I mean, high body count, but at least most of the band is back together. Fitz & Simmons are back together, and maybe the gold crap can be peeled off her face. And a new "NuHuman" (Inhuman "born" after Infinity; re: Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl) got introduced. "Flint" was a dead giveaway; I just didn't remember which Inhuman he was supposed to be. I hear "Flint," I think "G.I. Joe."

Yeah, Ronan was Kree, not Yondu. I think the highest-known Kree will be introduced in or before Captain Marvel. I could use folks from Yondu's race . . . maybe like Original Yondu from the comics, as opposed to Blue Space Merle.

Maybe Enoch can make that happen? Also, way to not tell Fitz that his OTP was rendered deaf. He thought she was playing in really cool. That would've been tragic, but then the slaughter happened and they reunited.

So funny because I remember him more as Hal from Cliffhanger than his role on TWD. 

I'm a romantic. When Fitz sees Jemma and when he proposed to her even though she didn't hear it my heart...

Flint can earthbend!

Didn't expect Tess and Ben to be taken out so soon.

"Ancient Hasbeen". Ooh you better hope the roaches get May, Fitz!