Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Fun & Games

• Start Topic

IM dead. Dead dead dead. A FitzSimmons proposals. They are perfect.

This episode was fantastic! When Leopold appears, he is freaking scary. Its like Iain is playing a completely different character. But we did also see panicked Fitz too. Loved the rescue. I love that it was the “kids” rescuing each other. How far Daisy, Gemma and Leo have come from the pilot.

Loved the fight scenes. Loved the terragensis with the kid, who is totally going to go to the future with our merry gang. There’s no way now Yo-Yo leaves him (time travel is screwy, can he go? Would he be born?)

May’s on Earth. Still haven’t grabbed Fitz’s stash of weapons. The gang is practically together. Squee! Its getting good!

• Love 9

This changed things all of a sudden with the deaths of Tess, the scraper, and Kasius.  I thought the female Kree died but then realized Fitz had an icer.  I am very curious to see what the surface is like.

Props to Simmons for slitting Kasius's throat with a table knife - I did not see that coming.  And neither did he.

I liked the short chat between Daisy and Simmons.  It was a nice echo of their other strong moments.  I didn't initially realize that Fitz and Enoch were supposed to be Ravagers, but it's not a bad cover.  Fitz played the role well in the dinner scene. 

• Love 11

What a great episode. Some really solid moments all around.

Well, a FitzSimmons proposal was coming at some point, I suppose. I guess my hope that they'd somehow remain friends is long behind me. I wish I bought them more as a couple. I did enjoy Fitz spewing this heartfelt proposal at Jemma, because I was aware that she couldn't hear him, anyway. 

Iain does scary very, very well. You wouldn't have sold me on that idea back in season 1, that's for sure. I love that Fitz didn't really miss a beat transforming from Fitz to, well, Bounty Hunter. I guess he channeled his Leopold back from the Framework. That dinner scene was chilling, but he settled in to his role when he needed to. I'm glad he did what had to be done.

A lot of body drops, which disappoints me. I really, really wasn't ready for Tess. I really liked her. Now we're going to be stuck with Dull Deke (I am grateful he never popped up here). I also warmed to the telepath, but knew he was toast. And finally, death to Kasius, which is a shame mostly because I was rolling my eyes at his brother. I didn't like his brother, and not in a love to hate him kind of way. I just was not impressed with him at all. 

Nice for a Daisy/Jemma moment. I also enjoyed how Jemma got to slit his throat. 

Meanwhile, stuff happened with Yo-Yo and the group. I'm glad we got a little more of Yo-Yo; I'm always happy to learn more about her. The kid seemed nice enough, but I haven't warmed to him yet.

• Love 7

Fitz and Simmons are getting married.  Mack and Daisy, as Best Man and Maid of Honor (you know it's going to be them), you have a job to keep Felicity away from this wedding.

So, since we got Professor Landry in this episode, can we get Veronica or Keith?

Head Kree's dad sucks?  A Whedon show with more Daddy Issues, I did not see that coming.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 6

Oh, Agents of Shield!  Of course you be a bit cruel and have Fitz's propose to Simmons when she can't hear him!  You really do like to put this couple through the ringer.  At least they have finally reunited and Simmons got to do it anyway. As long as nothing bad happens to either one of them.

Fun to see Fitz have to pretend to be some kind of ruthless bounty hunter.  He (and Iain De Caestecker) are scarily good at being evil.  Glad their plan worked (somewhat) and now the team is almost reunited.  Because, of course, Melinda ends up getting sent to Earth with those "roaches."  This has been a pretty rough season for Miss May so far.  Less ass-kicking and more getting her ass kicked, for once.

Episode also dropped a few bodies as well.  Poor Ben and Tess get taken out.  At least Grill and his smug ass finally got smashed with a huge ass rock!  Thought Sinara was done for, but she's still kicking.  But I wonder if she's going to have some resentment towards Kasius for making her fight Daisy.

Speaking of Kasius, he naturally has a older brother that terrifies him, which it is understandable since he is played by Turn's Samuel Roukin and was basically a blue alien version of Simcoe!

Even in space, Patrick Fabian characters have the classic Patrick Fabian smugness!

Yo-Yo/Mack continue to be the best.

Great episode all around.  Nice work from Clark Gregg behind the camera.

• Love 7

I'm disappointed Tess died. I thought she had a lot of potential. She was cognizant about how difficult the Lighthouse can be, was willing to make difficult choices as a means of survival, but she was still empathetic; her willingness to help strangers in need (the crew) and her kindness to Flint illustrated that. Her curiosity about present day Earth also lended itself to a myriad of possibilities if she had come back with the team.

• Love 14

Sooooo good!!!!! SO SO SO SOOOOO Good this show!

I watch it and every time it ends Hubs and I shout at the TV because we are offended we have reached the end of the episode!

I was dreading Ben's inevitable doom but Tess's death shocked me! The great thing about AoS is I find it is able to make deaths count even for characters that are not regulars. I really feel for these characters even though I've only met them for a few episodes. I want good things for them so when they die it makes me sad. I watch other shows where there are regulars so unpalatable I regularly wish death upon them and would laugh/cheer if they got killed off! 

LOVED the FitzSimmons proposal and LOVED Fitz's "I did proposal earlier..." and then Jemma responding "Of course you did." That was utterly adorable and so them!

Jemma slitting Kasius's throat was all kinds of awesome, especially taking into account the conversation she had with Daisy about the knife. I was like "Okaaaay, you go Jemma!"

Impressed by Fitz's performance at the dinner with all the evil folks. 

Cheered when Yo-Yo saved the kid! I am so fond of that kid and he only appeared today! I kept scrutinising him to see if he could have been a descendant of Mack and Yo-Yo (wishful thinking).

Not else much to say other than to rave about how awesome this show is and how much I enjoy it! 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Fitz and Simmons are getting married.  Mack and Daisy, as Best Man and Maid of Honor (you know it's going to be them), you have a job to keep Felicity away from this wedding.

So, since we got Professor Landry in this episode, can we get Veronica or Keith?

Head Kree's dad sucks?  A Whedon show with more Daddy Issues, I did not see that coming.

Felicity? there isn't a character by that name on the show, is she a new one being added?

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

Felicity? there isn't any character by that name on that show, is she a new one being added

It is a reference to the Barry/Iris wedding on the Flarrowverse crossover and Felicity of Arrow 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

It is a reference to the Barry/Iris wedding on the Flarrowverse crossover and Felicity of Arrow 

More s[pecifically, Felicity has been dating Oliver Queen/Green Arrow for a while and had been his fiancee. In a recent episode, Barry and his long-time love were about to get married, so Oliver decided to propose again to Felicity just before the Barry/Iris wedding. Felicity by writer fiat decided she didn't want to get married.  Then interdimensional Nazis ruined the fancy Barry/Iris wedding. After said Nazis were defeated, Barry and Iris were going to have a small wedding with just Felicity and Oliver as witnesses (and one of their friends as an officiant). Felicity had a change of heart during this wedding to insist that she and Oliver get married too.  Some people felt that was selfish and tacky of her.

So the joke was that Felicity would show up and do something similarly tacky during a Fitzsimmons wedding. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, nitrofishblue said:

I really enjoyed seeing Tel'k from Stargate SG1 as one of the blue faced baddies.

I thought that was Christopher Judge, too, but I can't find him on any of the cast lists? If it is I hope he has some actual plot and development.

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

More s[pecifically, Felicity has been dating Oliver Queen/Green Arrow for a while and had been his fiancee. In a recent episode, Barry and his long-time love were about to get married, so Oliver decided to propose again to Felicity just before the Barry/Iris wedding. Felicity by writer fiat decided she didn't want to get married.  Then interdimensional Nazis ruined the fancy Barry/Iris wedding. After said Nazis were defeated, Barry and Iris were going to have a small wedding with just Felicity and Oliver as witnesses (and one of their friends as an officiant). Felicity had a change of heart during this wedding to insist that she and Oliver get married too.  Some people felt that was selfish and tacky of her.

So the joke was that Felicity would show up and do something similarly tacky during a Fitzsimmons wedding. 

I kind of figured it was a reference to Felicity/Oliver. Honestly even as an Olicity shipper, who actually stopped watching because of the stupid way the relationship was treated in season 4 post the kid reveal, also the fact they kept KC around, made Laurel instacanary and can't seem to fully get rid of the actress, even though she has zero acting skills and chemistry with really everyone.. but back to wedding topic: I was actually annoyed at the fact that Olicity were finally having their wedding but then they had to share it, and with Barry #NeverForgetten #BabySara
I honestly think Iris and Felicity should move worlds and join Agents, they'll be better cared for there.

Back to actual topic: this was a decent episode. I thought Tess had so much potential as a character- She would have made a great leader imo. The May fight scene was awesome! and Fitz sharing his heart to a hearing-less Simmons was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time (Honestly I want me some Fitz he really has become my favorite male character) I am a bit peeved they had him break character so quickly, would have been interesting to see as this under cover renegade Leo for another episode. the ending was.. odd. Where is Enoch going off to looking like a Kree?

And deputy Kree is so going to kill in charge Kree (sorry I can't remember their names).

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

I kind of figured it was a reference to Felicity/Oliver. Honestly even as an Olicity shipper, who actually stopped watching because of the stupid way the relationship was treated in season 4 post the kid reveal, also the fact they kept KC around, made Laurel instacanary and can't seem to fully get rid of the actress, even though she has zero acting skills and chemistry with really everyone.. but back to wedding topic: I was actually annoyed at the fact that Olicity were finally having their wedding but then they had to share it, and with Barry #NeverForgetten #BabySara
I honestly think Iris and Felicity should move worlds and join Agents, they'll be better cared for there.

Back to actual topic: this was a decent episode. I thought Tess had so much potential as a character- She would have made a great leader imo. The May fight scene was awesome! and Fitz sharing his heart to a hearing-less Simmons was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time (Honestly I want me some Fitz he really has become my favorite male character) I am a bit peeved they had him break character so quickly, would have been interesting to see as this under cover renegade Leo for another episode. the ending was.. odd. Where is Enoch going off to looking like a Kree?

And deputy Kree is so going to kill in charge Kree (sorry I can't remember their names).

I think Enoch was off to the surface to save Melinda May Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D from the roaches 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I did enjoy Fitz spewing this heartfelt proposal at Jemma, because I was aware that she couldn't hear him, anyway. 

Yes. My laughter after the proposal was hearty and mocking. I simply haven't cared for the various iterations of tortured, dark, or action-hero! Fitz; and I prefer Jemma's stories as an individual and her dynamics with every other character.

3 hours ago, Affogato said:

I thought that was Christopher Judge, too, but I can't find him on any of the cast lists

The Kree Vicar was played by Isaac Singleton.

• Love 2

If Ben had been a little quicker on his feet he could have protested that as far as Daisy or Jemma knew they were the only humans who had been projected from the past and the appearance of May was as much a surprise to them as anyone else. It might not have worked but it would have been worth a try.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Raja said:

I think Enoch was off to the surface to save Melinda May Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D from the roaches 

As he pretends to be the most genial Kree in existence and this includes the one dude who thinks he's Mary Poppins.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Speaking of Kasius, he naturally has a older brother that terrifies him, which it is understandable since he is played by Turn's Samuel Roukin and was basically a blue alien version of Simcoe!

I’m glad someone else recognized him. I wasn’t sure because I didn’t recognize his normal voice and it was hard to tell underneath the blue makeup. I’d like to see more of Simcoe in Space.

5 hours ago, foreverevolving said:

I honestly think Iris and Felicity should move worlds and join Agents, they'll be better cared for there.

The crossover I never knew I wanted.

This season would be great for binge watching. It started off slow but now that the story has started moving each time an episode ends I want to find out immediately what will happen next. 

• Love 2

I had hoped for a more impressive fight from the SkyeDaisy. Last season she was taking on multiple LMDs simultaneously and also created some sort of quake-bomb. Not to mention destroying the hangar at SHIELD HQ when she skipped town. She really wasn't very strategic or powerful or even very skilled in her fight with Sinar, it was disappointing. Even the fact that she figured out how to fly was not enough to carry that scene.

The only really good thing that resulted from the fight was that I'm pretty sure Sinar just changed sides. So if she decides to go on a vengeance fueled rampage against Kasius and his brother and join the rebellion I am all for that.

Sadly it looks like Kasius is still alive and mostly well. Simmons really didn't have time to hone her dinner knife so it is not surprising that it wasn't sharp enough to cut to the bone. Simmons' scenes with Fitz and Daisy were my favorite moments in the episode. Which just proves that Simmons improves everything she touches. 

As a moment of technical appreciation. The scene where Simmons and Fitz meet in the hallway was just beautifully framed! She with her pale costume framed in the doorway and he a shadow figure walking into the light was perfect. I'm so glad that the OG is back!

On the other hand the bad-guy dialogue was painful. I would think that a collection of the baddest bad guys in the galaxy would have a bit more to say for themselves. 

Edited by CaptainTightpants
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Sadly it looks like Kasius is still alive and mostly well. Simmons really didn't have time to hone her dinner knife so it is not surprising that it wasn't sharp enough to cut to the bone.

Simmons is a doctor. She may have only planned to silence him so he couldn't deafen her again.

5 hours ago, Pamela said:

I'm with Mack -- a future with no tacos is a future I want no part of.

Mack was not paying attention during Demolition Man

[Interior: Underground shantytown]

John Spartan: This is a great hamburger...

Huxley: You see any cows around here?

Okay, that episode was really good. Just when the show starts to lose a little steam, they pick right back up right again with an exhilarating, off the walls episode. This is one thing AOS can do that no other superhero show on television right now is capable of. They know how to adapt at a moment's pace. I think the selling of kids and then all the body dropping (especially the fridging of Tess :/) made this episode extremely grim, but the end piece with Daisy/Simmons/Fitz was well fucking done. I just keep thinking about the pilot episode of the show and how these three were practically liabilities on the field. Now look at them.  Can't wait to see what the next episodes have in store.

Also, I really liked the Inhuman kid. Really hope he gets adopted by Mac/Yo-Yo. 

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:

Okay, that episode was really good. Just when the show starts to lose a little steam, they pick right back up right again with an exhilarating, off the walls episode. This is one thing AOS can do that no other superhero show on television right now is capable of. They know how to adapt at a moment's pace. I think the selling of kids and then all the body dropping (especially the fridging of Tess :/) made this episode extremely grim, but the end piece with Daisy/Simmons/Fitz was well fucking done. I just keep thinking about the pilot episode of the show and how these three were practically liabilities on the field. Now look at them.  Can't wait to see what the next episodes have in store.

Also, I really liked the Inhuman kid. Really hope he gets adopted by Mac/Yo-Yo. 

I kept thinking about that too. Those three have come a long way and are now experienced field agents. I haven't gone back to season 1, but I'd imagine it would be shocking how much they've changed. Anyhow, the team up was awesome and I'm glad that they made an escape attempt, hopefully they get away and meet up with Coulson/Mac/yoyo. I agree that Enoch is rescuing May.

Fitz and Simmons :). I love the scene when he proposed, but I knew she couldn't hear him. I kept thinking she'd turn around as she would sense that there was someone behind her. I'm glad she did it too at the end.

I like the new kid, hopefully they can take him back with them. It was stated that he has no family and inhumans aren't treated well there. Plus Tess, who seemed to be the closing thing he had is dead. Of course it depends on how they get back. Hopefully they don't prevent him from being born.

Anyhow, another great episode.

Edited by blueray
On 1/6/2018 at 6:31 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Because, according to certain segments of the internet, the crossover was the tale of an evil she demon named Felicity who interrupted her friends wedding to murder everyone, tossed a bunch of her friends into an actual death camp, planned to take over the world and murder tons of people, gunned down innocent civilians, and tried to remove the heart of one of her other friends while totally awake, among her many other crimes against humanity. Oh, wait, those were the intradimintional Nazis. But forget about those guys, FELICITY is the TRUE VILLAIN because she asked her friends if she and her boyfriend could take part in their friends impromptu wedding that happened after they buried yet ANOTHER friend who died tragically (I`m sure it was Felicity's fault somehow) in the crossover. Because a Jewish woman who, even without powers, desperately tried to save her friends and loved ones from genocidal monsters, is totally just the same as Nazis because she did something in the spur of the moment that some people considered rude. That means that is literally the only thing the entire fandom can talk about for several months. Screw the drama, deaths, love, and actions, it all comes back to that evil Hell Beast Fefe. 

Not that I've gotten bitter about this or anything. Or slightly defensive. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, paigow said:

John Spartan: This is a great hamburger...

Huxley: You see any cows around here?

Well he kept eating it :-)  They haven't really dwelt on what the lower caste humans are eating, other than the shot of an orange vendor.  It could very well be protein by Snowpiercer food mill or protein by Soylent Corp.

I had my doubts at first, but I really need to learn to trust the AoS writers, because I am now officially super into this season. I am just so happy that Fitz and Simmons are finally together again! And they BOTH got to propose! What a couple of cuties. Super badass murder cuties. 

Poor Ben, and poor Tess. I am disappointed that they died, I think they both had potential as characters and allies of the main gang. Daisy really didn't need more people to feel guilty about, and I thought Tess could have been a good person to leave things with when the gang heads back to their time. Of course, maybe they're actually planning on changing the past so none of this happens at all, and theyll all be fine. It would be cute if they see an alternate, happier future where all the humans we met here (the girl Simmons bonded with, Ben, Tessa, etc.) are all living happy lives on future Earth. 

The Inhuman kid seems nice, I can totally see Yoyo and Mack taking him back to the past and raising him. "He isn't Inhuman, hes just cool". I enjoyed Yoyo being a kind of mentor to the kid, and getting more into her backstory of becoming Inhuman. 

Fitz as Leopold is devastatingly attractive. I mean, like Simmons I prefer my Fitz as a lovable dork in a cardigan, but he plays the ice cold villain scary well. He, Simmons, and Daisy sure have come a long way since being "the kids" back in season 1. Also, I like that they referred to currency among the villains as "units" which is the currency used in Guardians of the Galaxy. Also, Fitz was disguised as a Marauder, a group who we met in the second Thor movie. Continuity! 

My one complaint is that the final fight between Daisy and the Kree Ball Lady wasn't as epic as I hoped, but its a minor complaint. I did like May vs. Ben quite a bit though. I've seen a lot of telepaths in superhero stuff, but they usually dont emphasis how that helps their combat ability, so I thought that was cool. 

Laughed at Enoch play acting as the nicest most pleasant Kree in outer space. Still not sure about him, but I think he is on the up and up. 

• Love 2

I don’t understand how Yoyo saved him. Sure, she could move him away, but why didn’t she bounce back into the room where he went through terragenesis?

Edited by Cerulean
10 minutes ago, Cerulean said:

I don’t understand how Yoyo saved him. Sure, she could move him away, but why didn’t she bounce back into the room where he went through terrogenesis?

She would go back to where she was. She moment before that said "she couldn't watch this" and walked out of the room.

• Love 4

I liked this episode, although if there was ever a time for Fitz to use something more deadly than a damn icer, rescuing your friends from certain enslavement and death at the hands of evil aliens would be that time. I just hope they don't pull some bullshit where Kree physiology is so different that slicing a throat isn't deadly.

On 06/01/2018 at 0:28 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Even in space, Patrick Fabian characters have the classic Patrick Fabian smugness!

It was like Howard Hamlin in space.

• Love 1

And Sinara knew that Simmons and May were together when Simmons helped that guy. Since Simmons was with May, and May was from the past, Simmons had to be lying. 

@Blueray, thanks. I didn’t catch that she left the room. I thought she looked away. 

Edited by Cerulean
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, doram said:

She was depowered to give Fitz bigger moments.

She could have killed Sinar without even breaking a sweat. Just do to her what she did to SquidWard in the SHIELD hanger and the fight would have been over in 10 seconds. Why go all fisticuffs when you can stand off and crush someone's bones?

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, HunterHunted said:

As he pretends to be the most genial Kree in existence and this includes the one dude who thinks he's Mary Poppins.

Blue Space Merle may be blue, but I'm pretty sure he isn't a Kree.   

Mary Poppins is cool, by the way.

• Love 3