Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Friends And Lover

I was re-watching "The West Wing" (Netflix) and caught Nick Offerman (episode 5, "The Crackpots and These Women"), playing a small part. He had the same hair and beard, and the man looked exactly the same, and this was almost 20 years ago!

On 1/8/2018 at 5:23 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

The first time I ever saw the Empire carpet commercial was when I was in the Chicago area circa 1981 and I thought it was a local company only.  Oh, how I was wrong.  800-588-2300...

Back in 1981, I think it would have been.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:08 PM, giovannif7 said:

I could have sworn Nick Offerman had already done a Will & Grace, playing a handyman that Karen took out her sexual frustration on during a holiday episode, and I thought he'd be playing the same character. This was fun - a mashup of the "which of us is he dating?" and "Karen's Pastry Chef" episodes, with a bit of the "Grace gets drawn into a threeway" scene thrown in. I felt kinda bad for Jack - he's the only one Jackson Boudreaux didn't hit on.

It was an episode when they went to Will's parents' house for Thanksgiving. Can't remember the specific season, but if you're looking for Nick Offerman in that episode, you will know it's him! His voice is the exact same. That's the only reason I knew it was him.

FYI: He comes in through the front door, has a scene with Megan in the kitchen as a plumber and then scoots out of there quickly. 

On 1/5/2018 at 5:11 AM, luna1122 said:

It's amazing how much younger Nick Offerman looks when he's not Ron Swanson...he looked good.

Also, amazing, tho, is that Will/Eric McCormack has 7 years on him but looks ten years younger than him.

Funny episode.

Right?!?! He is straight up handsome. I just Googled Nick's age. He will be 48 in July. Holy crap! I'd NEVER guess that young.

Agree with you 100% that Eric looks at least ten years younger than him! I think Eric is much better looking, but I wouldn't kick any one of them for eating crackers in bed.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:56 AM, Princess Lucky said:

Also, Eric McCormack truly is ageless. And gorgeous. And on point. He "had" Will from the start, and now it seems all of his co-stars have caught up to him, so I hope the remaining episodes this season are all as entertaining as this week's episode.

Update: I have been humming "trucks for tykes" for the past 20 minutes. Send help.

I couldn't agree with you more. He is soooooooooo handsome, with or without the sprinkles of grey hair! Hubba Hubba! 

I also noticed that he was "Will" from the go and everyone else around him, especially Debra, was "clunky" for lack of a better adjective. They just seemed out of sync as a group; almost as if they were trying to measure up to Eric's (what appears seamless and smooth) ability to portray Will after all this time.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, janie jones said:

I completely forgot Grace had another assistant until I read this.  Why did they make such a big deal about him if he was just going to disappear?

Eh, they tried something and it didn't work. Characters come and go on sitcoms all the time. 

On 1/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, janie jones said:

I completely forgot Grace had another assistant until I read this.  Why did they make such a big deal about him if he was just going to disappear?

Eh, they tried something and it didn't work. Characters come and go on sitcoms all the time. 

HAHAHA omg .... that plot was so creepy tho RIP

• Love 1
On 1/16/2018 at 3:11 AM, televizzyizlyfe said:

HAHAHA omg .... that plot was so creepy tho RIP

I have to admit I laughed a lot during the episode that was his last appearance. But yeah, his character was superfluous.

Edited by Gothish520
spelling