Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: The Matrimonial Metric

On 1/5/2018 at 11:33 PM, Driad said:

Sheldon's mother wanted Sheldon to choose him, which could be worth many points.

Once Sheldon and Amy threw out traditional gender roles, why didn't he consider Missy as a possible compromise?

• Love 2

Because TV shows are decades behind the times? I had a male witness and my husband a female one in 1980! (And I lived in a co-ed student apartment in 1972, with no one pretending to be gay, not even to any of our parents.)

Thanks to the endless marathon on Comedy Channel I've noticed that they have referenced Penny's other friends a few times. 

It's pretty common for people to lose track of other friends after they get married. There just isn't a drive to get out and socialize anymore. Plus a lot of friends you have when you're in, or just out of college, tend to move, get new jobs, get married themselves, etc. 

• Love 2
On 1/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Once Sheldon and Amy threw out traditional gender roles, why didn't he consider Missy as a possible compromise?

His mother didn't ask for Missy to be a part of the party

1 hour ago, Zoe said:

His mother didn't ask for Missy to be a part of the party

Mary is very old-fashioned and wouldn't have considered the possibility of Missy being "best man", or imposing on Amy to have a bridesmaid she's never even met; traditionally bridesmaids are friends and family of the bride, and groomsmen those of the groom. If Mary wanted Georgie to be best man because "family", she may have accepted Missy as Sheldon's choice after making a wisecrack about what kind of wedding they were having.

Also Missy is married with at least one child.  She probably wouldn't want to be a bridesmaid and matron of honour should be the bride's choice and either a sister or close friend of hers, not a sister or close friend of the groom's.