Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Season Finale: Prisons, Proposals and Parties

• Start Topic

I actually feel badly for his prom date. Was the dress revealing? Yes.  But as a high school teacher, TRUST me she isn’t wearing it just because she is just thirsty for media attention.  Nor do I believe did she go to his house for photos to get on tv and jump start some modeling gig. Maybe it’s just a NY/NJ thing, but the house to house photo sessions are quite normal here.  In larger groups it is almost like a convoy going to multiple houses or dates go to one house and then everyone who is sharing the limo or party van eventually meet up at one home where all the parents are, even neighbors and friends  

I was a DD in high school....a C in 5th grade when puberty hit.  In the 80s it was not the norm and I hated it, doing all I could to cover myself and it instilled such horrible self loathing that I have never overcome. I’ve noticed, though, that more endowed teen girls are becoming more common.  Without going on a nutritional rant, with all of the hormones in the food we eat, it shouldn’t be surprising.  Is there any evidence that the girl had an augmentation? I’m asking that seriously because I wouldn’t even know what to look for.  She just did not look any larger than many of the juniors and seniors I teach. But I am always surprised at the outfits kids wear to school daily.  And heaven forbid teachers or administration dare say something to parents.  I watched a mother lunge across a table at the principal because she gently suggested the girl not wear crop tank tops (the girl was even larger than I).  Parents buy daughters pants with Juicy written on the ass.  They know what their kids are buying  and kids arent changing into more revealing outfits in school bathrooms   They leave the house like that   I don’t like it, but I don’t judge a kid based on her clothes  

I just feel terribly that this girl has been shredded for having the bad luck to go with Siggy’s son to the prom.   

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course; I just feel bad for her. 

• Love 11

If I had to guess I would say Prom girl had a boob job. Especially comparing previous photos of her. People dress with the image they want to portray in mind. Siggy is so obsessed with her son so it is surprising she didn’t offer some guidance on appropriate prom attire. Siggy’s Mom looked like her eyes would pop out of her head when she saw Josh’s date. 

35 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

If I had to guess I would say Prom girl had a boob job. Especially comparing previous photos of her. People dress with the image they want to portray in mind. Siggy is so obsessed with her son so it is surprising she didn’t offer some guidance on appropriate prom attire. Siggy’s Mom looked like her eyes would pop out of her head when she saw Josh’s date. 

Or maybe people dress for themselves and give zero fucks how someone else sees them because they feel pretty in it which is the ONLY criteria anyone should care about when dressing.

Siggy isn't this girl's mom and if someone were to walk up to my child and start lecturing her on what she's wearing, I'd politely tell them to take a seat.

I have long, slender, toned legs...one of the few parts of my body I am proud of and not ashamed to show off so I wear short shorts and short skirts all throughout summer.  Every weekend and most weekdays some woman makes a comment about my shorts being too short.  Frequently it happens while the woman is standing in front of or near her very young, impressionable daughter who can hear her berate me for my choice of attire.  And every time someone comes to my defense stating something along the lines of "If I had legs like that, I'd wear short shorts too."

We cannot preach to young women to be proud of their bodies and not to worry about what other people think and then in the same breath gasp and clutch our pearls and insist they cover up.  The dress she was wearing was fine.  It was not un-classy in the least considering most of what we see the ladies on this show wearing.  Look, if someone has an issue with her dress...whatever have an issue with it.  But don't impress that upon her and take away that moment for her.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 14

I didn't see anything wrong with the prom dress except that the girl needed some tape or some push up pads to close the low neck!  Saw on social media that she goes to Duke University.

• Love 3
On 1/12/2018 at 7:05 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

But Siggy is the victim *eyeroll* nothing this season has shown Margaret doing anything to Siggy that would warrant this hate that she has for her. It’s really odd especially for a 50yo woman who supposedly is a relationship expert 

Well, according to Siggy, that bitch Margaret talked about her foyer! How dare she! 

• Love 8

I also will never get on board with their fraud situation being 100% Joe's fault.

I don't understand how anyone can at this point, considering the original indictments/charges and the judge's statements are public record. Teresa is just a shameless liar, full stop. If she wants to blame someone for the time she missed with her mommy, then she needs to look no further than her mirror.

Juicy's "college" was in state at the time, so for Teresa to not take the kids to see him for SEVEN months was some spiteful bitchassness.

Josh's prom date's boobs look natural to me, and her dress wasn't that much more revealing than Gia's attire has been at times.

I thought that Joe called her the C U next Tuesday word.

He did. But, as bad as that was, he still never said it (on camera) as much as Teresa. It's obviously a word that rolls easily off the Giudices' tongues.

Speaking of fakers, Margaret is being sued (again) by Vineyard Vines. Not the first time she's been sued for making knock-offs. Interesting article on that:

Well, well, well...it appears Margaret is as shady as Siggy is annoying.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

Unfortunately it is not possible for a designer to search Copyright Office records to see which designs have been registered.  Designers with no intent to copy are being hit with lawsuits since they have no way of knowing that others have claimed a similar design. Most just end up settling due to the court costs.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Unfortunately it is not possible for a designer to search Copyright Office records to see which designs have been registered.  Designers with no intent to copy are being hit with lawsuits since they have no way of knowing that others have claimed a similar design. Most just end up settling due to the court costs.

Most of the time the designer is sent a letter to cease and desist.  Some manufacturers are very diligent about copycats. Heather from RHONYC won $5 million against Maidenform.  When she went up against Spanx over a friggin tank top she got spanked.  I never understand how a tab on a pocket is infringement and the whale thing seemed a bit out there but when you agree to a settlement you need to pay it or face the consequences. 

It is similar to Teresa-don't plead guilty then run around suing people and whining about how you didn't know.  If you didn't know-don't plead guilty.  If you are design wasn't a copy don't agree to pay.  

18 hours ago, jaync said:

I don't understand how anyone can at this point, considering the original indictments/charges and the judge's statements are public record. Teresa is just a shameless liar, full stop. If she wants to blame someone for the time she missed with her mommy, then she needs to look no further than her mirror.

I felt like, at first, they were both kind of choosing the "Joe did it all" narrative, to see if that would at least spare her prison time. That didn't work, and now I feel like she's taken it to the next level and it's really unfair to Joe. 

• Love 1

Looks like foyers are the sprinkle cookies of 2018.

The dress was very revealing, but in addition to that, it was also ill fitting and extremely likely to lead to flashing.  If you're going to wear that style, you need tape and a lot of situational awareness, both of which appeared to be in short supply while knowingly on camera.  I can only imagine at the dance...

I won't be sorry to see Siggy go - she sealed her fate when she walked into that Florida restaurant and brayed so loud the production vans in Jersey picked it up. They want housewives to bring the drama, sure, but they don't want them to be obviously acting and swanning about as if the crew is filming a Behind the Music episode. It's silly for Siggy to be slamming Margaret for the memorial thing, as if that wasn't completely set up by Production, the same way all the trips various HW "host" are set up by production.

I've had 4 or 5 major ankle sprains in my life, with the ankle blown up to the size of a cantaloupe black and blue within moments.  One of them was the morning of my father's funeral.  I put some ice on it... then went to the funeral.  Yeah, it hurt.  Took some advil.  What good is a walking boot? You wrap it tight, sit and raise it and ice it when you can.  It's going to hurt when anything touches it, and when you put weight on it. A boot isn't going to do a damn thing except draw attention to it.

I can't speak to the rest of her (alleged) injuries, but there's nothing about even a very bad sprain that should keep you from the final production event of the season of a job you are hoping to keep.  

• Love 4
On 1/13/2018 at 2:44 PM, lezlers said:

I've got no issue with her graduation outfit.  The prom dress though?  Sweet Christ.  I'm surprised she didn't get kicked out of prom.   It could double as a negligee. 

Of course, I seem to be the resident PTV prude but I don't like either. I think they're both inappropriate for the occasions.  I am also a high school teacher and so many of the girls look like they're going to da club instead of to their high school graduation.  And it isn't "trashy" girls I'm talking about.  It includes plenty of sweet, smart, successful ones, too, and I wonder why their mothers (in particular) don't give them a little guidance on that.  (The armchair psychologist in me believes a lot of times the mothers live vicariously through the girls and like it when their daughters get a lot of male attention.)

I am also the mother to an 18 year old girl who prefers a retro vibe so tends to dress more modestly.  For that, I'm thankful! Makes it much easier.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Maybe those mothers just realize that their daughter's character and morals have nothing to do with how they are dressed.

Presentation matters. I'd say the same thing if a young man dressed inappropriately for the prom, too.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 1

Sure she may have had expectations of them going when she was quasi asked to leave but I don't think the intent was to walk in, round up her posse and take them out.

No, that WAS her intention.  When she arrived at the party she told the driver to leave the car running and stay in the driveway, because she was coming right back and bringing Delores, Tre, and Melissa with her to all leave.

• Love 2
On 1/17/2018 at 2:03 PM, kassa said:

The dress was very revealing, but in addition to that, it was also ill fitting and extremely likely to lead to flashing.  If you're going to wear that style, you need tape and a lot of situational awareness, both of which appeared to be in short supply while knowingly on camera.  I can only imagine at the dance...

OMG, that was a terrible choice of dresses, that poor girl looked uncomfortable and what happens if she sneezes?  Who was that person holding her train?

I am sure you will all think me bitchy but Teresa and her whining about her mother should be here for this or that...it's the natural order, we bury our parents, it's sad but it happens.  This constant narrative about missing her mother makes me less than sympathetic.  I miss my mother and my brother but if I am trying to get my kids to come to terms with a loss the constant reminding them about how sad and tragic the loss no wonder her kids are a little confused on how to be ok with the loss.  

Dealing poorly with death and the fact that Teresa is to blame for her time in prison, (she was compliant in Joe's schemes), if her kids grow up without therapy it will be a miracle. 

• Love 2
On 1/10/2018 at 9:33 PM, Martinigirl said:

Why did his date come to his house? Weirdos!

Her parents were probably driving them to the prom. Kids in my area always go to each others houses with parents for pictures.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:34 PM, TexasGal said:

Wait - did Teresa make up the story of Joe’s apology?  She interviewed that she didn’t ask him for an apology but then told her brother and Melissa a whole big tale of Joe’s regret.

Exactly my thoughts. I think she made it up to appease her brother.

• Love 1
On 1/11/2018 at 9:29 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Is Siggy 12? You talk a bout my house I'll talk about yours.... Isnt she a life coach? No ONE HIRE THIS WOMAN she is mentally unstable

She's a relationship expert. No degree needed, as she said at the reunion.  It is a made up career. Her relationships with her son and with Marge are not anything I would call normal.

• Love 3
On 1/13/2018 at 9:45 AM, zoeysmom said:

It was a revealing dress.  So far this young woman a Duke freshman, a tough school to get into (average GPA 4.17) , has been judged pretty much on her dress.  It has been speculated she has had her boobs done, showed up just for the cameras at her date's family home (thirsty), has bad parents  who allowed her to wear such a getup.   She seems to be successful student and Siggy has mentioned her son and the young lady are still together.  I am from an era where prom dresses were long and second only to bridesmaids dresses in butt ugly department.  

When I saw the graduation photo I thought-what a good idea to wear shorts under the gown.

I didn’t actually think the dress was that bad. I mean it was in the extra side but I could also see it being one of those things that looks a little more shocking on camera then in person. Honestly, I thought it looked a little like Margaret’s birthday dress. I would have preferred if the lining had been under the whole dress, but I just don’t like that blocky half slip look. It looks messy to me. In any case, I think the housewives on this show have worn more revealing shit to causal lunches so...