Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Meri Moving?

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree. That’s doesn’t make it a great idea, but it’s better than any of that other crap that was  gleefully entered without experience or business plans but no one cared. Even though I don’t think it’s a good idea, it bothers me that it isn’t Meri’s mistake to make. Her kid is grown and she’s divorced. Kody clearly doesn’t want her.able to go create So she should be able to go create this new life or fail at it without their approval. They are against it because she wouldn’t be there all the time even though they don’t actually care if she’s there or not. 

Meri can't financially buy the house on her own, so she needs their help to finance the house so actually she does need their approval. She said that in the meeting with them.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, valdawn said:

I wondered why the whole entire family had to be there for this first meeting. I understand they supposedly all consider each other family and they’re all the kids mothers etc, but out of respect for people who A. Have probably never met polygamists B. Have probably never been filmed for television and C. Don’t speak English all that well, maybe the first meeting just could have been Christine, Kody and their shared children. But nope, gotta bring the whole damn tribe! 

Eta: on a shallow note, Tony’s parents are fairly attractive people. Don’t know how the dna didn’t reach the kids. I feel horrible even typing that but I can’t help myself. Hell, here I come! 

Yep. The apple fell far from that tree. Tony is the most attractive of the the children. Sad. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, answerphone said:

I've only watched 7 minutes of the new season and I'd forgotten how creepy and annoying Tony is. ?. 

Poor Christine!

And they said Tony is a step UP from the guys she usually dated!  Wow.

• Love 16

And they are back for more. 

So ToKyleti (strange even typing that) are quite entitled with all their demands for the wedding. And very out of touch with the realities of throwing a “huge party”. It sounds like Tony wants a circus party for everyone he’s ever met in his life, while Mykelti wants something more elegant and polished.  Why don’t the Browns just give her a Reasonable budget and don’t give a cent more?. Say, Maddie’s wedding cost us $X, and you will get the same adjusted for inflation.  Anything else, you have to come up with in your own. Keep the formula for all the other kids. Are they covering the entire or most of the wedding? It seems like that to me. The third property fit all their requirements, even had a bride and groom changing suite that was quite posh and not in a toilet. But Mykelti went with the 1st one because she vibes with the wedding planner. She probably saw how stressed Maddie was without one and desperately wants one. Does she not realize she could hire a wedding planner, and go with a dream venue? 

Meri , why buy a B&B in a backwards podunk town, 3hrs from an airport, with only a 3 month winter seasonal tourist season? Who do you really think will be coming to spend money here? It’s so out of the way that even your most rabid fans won’t or can’t venture too. And you don’t have that many fans in general, let alone those dedicated to come all the way to Podunk, spend all that money to come see you. It’s a horrible business potential, even with her social “celebrity” capital.  Tell the truth, you want this as a settlement, and you are tired and ditching this horrible travesty of a marriage  with Kodouche.

I think the B&B business is just a ploy to finally establish her own life away from Kody, with a huge financial security blanket endowed from the family. That the other wives even went along with this financially was unfair to their kids and ridiculous. Once again, here is another prime example of  Meri getting a bigger slice of the pie for herself. It won’t take off, but if it was a hit, I doubt she would share all the profits with the other wives. They are horrible business people...way too emotional. For once I agree with Kody. 

Edited by Spiderella2
More points, spelling
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ugh, Tony’s so gross. I know “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and all that, but I truly do not understand what Mykelti sees in him. So unattractive on every single level. She must have been so desperate to get married to hitch herself to him. And no snark here, but they’ve both gotten bigger, right? 

I think that when living together they will both become gigantic.  

10 hours ago, greekmom said:

I can see Tony’s grandparents not speaking English. But Tony’s parents?!?! Huh?

Here for 25 years and they can't speak English!!!

• Love 23

She should have said yeah, I want my family home back but the town has no other lodging and we have a chance to improve it's visibility so it can make some money for us. 

Except that it does have other accommodations including a couple of motels and another B&B.  And little else in the town besides a couple of hiking trails and some petroglyphs nearby.  Hardly a tourist mecca.

• Love 7

First thing that irked....Kody asking Tony if his parents would have any prejudices about polygamy.  Sorry Kody, it's not prejudice....it's an opinion.  Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it is a prejudice.   Prejudice literally means pre-judge.  It was stated that they live near St. George.  Don't you think it is possible that they have considered the lifestyles of their neighbors and decided against it?  Also, they are Catholic which doesn't condone polygamy.  

Also, Meriah....ugh.  What a sullen brat.  Any bigger chips on her shoulders and she'll look like Alexis Carrington. 

• Love 22
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Meri can't financially buy the house on her own, so she needs their help to finance the house so actually she does need their approval. She said that in the meeting with them.  

Yea but part of that is because she doesn’t control her money. Her exhusband does. If she sold her Vegas home and had her TLC funds she might be able to make it work - at least to get started. It’s still probably not a great idea but the family gets to control her. What does the family want for Meri? When she wants something (even if it’s stupid) their complain is ‘what about the family’. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So they are all worshiping at the alter of Tony now?  Oh, Tony is so f

which reminds me....Why TF was Christine so ashamed of herself and scared of FT's parents that she initially didn't embrace the relationship with open arms?  It was a very sensible reaction.  The 2 kids (which they totally are) are immature, barely knew each other and it was sprung on Christine.  99% of parents would react that way.  Wanna bet FT's parents did the same????  Jeesh, Christine, settle down.  

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

So ToKyleti (strange even typing that) are quite entitled with all their demands for the wedding. And very out of touch with the realities of throwing a “huge party”. It sounds like Tony wants a circus party for everyone he’s ever met in his life, while Mykelti wants something more elegant and polished.  Why don’t the Browns just give her a Reasonable budget and don’t give a cent more?. Say, Maddie’s wedding cost us $X, and you will get the same adjusted for inflation.  Anything else, you have to come up with in your own. Keep the formula for all the other kids. Are they covering the entire or most of the wedding? It seems like that to me. The third property fit all their requirements, even had a bride and groom changing suite that was quite posh and not in a toilet. But Mykelti went with the 1st one because she vibes with the wedding planner. She probably saw how stressed Maddie was without one and desperately wants one. Does she not realize she could hire a wedding planner, and go with a dream venue? 

My husband and I paid for our wedding.  My parents didn't have money and gave us a $500 wedding present (which was substantial for them).  IMO, with the amount of children they have, the Browns already made the first mistake paying for anybody's wedding.  They should have just said, "well, everybody will get $1000 (or whatever is financially feasible for them) and you take care of it all yourself."

• Love 20
11 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

gh, Tony’s so gross. I know “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” and all that, but I truly do not understand what Mykelti sees in him. So unattractive on every single level. She must have been so desperate to get married to hitch herself to him. And no snark here, but they’ve both gotten bigger, right? 

I definitely thought Tony had, but I can't say about Mykelti. I actually thought she looked a bit slimmer in that blue dress she wore to look at venues. If not, that was a really flattering look for her. She should try it more often. 

10 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Did Tony become LDS on his own, before he even met Mykelti ? That's kind of a strange conversion to go from Catholicism to LDS.

Not if you're living in Utah. I imagine he went to school with a lot of Mormons and would get invited to their youth events, etc. My sisters (not Mormon) found their church because of high school friends. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Normades said:

I really tried to give Tony a break last year.  I kept saying he's young and has never been on tv.  I just can't do it anymore.  He's really showing himself to be an asshat.  His mischievous joking is just passive aggression and a ploy for attention.  He has zero self-awareness, same as his wife (UUGGGHH I can't believe those children are married).  His whole story that Hispanic people bring friends, children, etc. to events without proper invitation is bunk.  I live in an area with a large Hispanic population and I've never seen anyone behave that way.  Maybe it's not the culture is just that he hangs with people who have no manners.  Either way, they need a budget and to stick with it.  Kody should tell the kids that everyone get X amount of money.  They can have a wedding or go to the courthouse and use the money to start their lives.  I know which way I would choose.  So many people plan every intricate detail of the wedding, but don't plan or work on the marriage.  That's why people end up divorced.

AMEN!  More focus on the marriage and less on the wedding would be awesome!  When two people are as obnoxious as Tony and Mykelti........I would imagine that the guests are only showing up to be polite and/or respectful of their parents.  Those two have shown that they aren't mature enough to wrangle  up a picnic.  And their boss? He doesn't seem to know much about them. at all.  I sense that couple lives in a fantasy land. and I don't believe much of what they say. 

Some of my other observations include:

OMG.  They all seem to have gotten out of control with food.  They all now seem to have very enlarged middles. Is Robyn  pregnant again? IF she has loose skin, then, I'm not including her. That can't be helped.   But, most  need medical check ups and wake up calls. It's way overtime.   The adult kids are out of control too.  It's painful to watch, imo.  

I'd send the wedding planner to the kitchen to get the price on the tacos.  Even, with low cost food, 400 guests is too many.  Those adult kids are crazy.  NUMBERS on paper are more powerful that just looking shocked.  And the idea of Tony and Mykelti at a country club? lol  Considering their style and taste, I'd say that Chucky Cheese might make more sense.  Their plans are more fitting for a child's birthday party, as someone mentioned upthread. 

I sense that the wives support Meri's B&B idea, in hopes that it will take her 3 hours away.  But, at what cost?  Kody is right.  B&B's don't produce much profit, even under ideal conditions.  It's just a vanity project.  But, hey, they know a lot about those. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 16

I did a comparison of airbnb's in the Parowan area and let's just say that just like MSWC, Meri is charging way more than comparible places in the area. Really the only reason anyone would stay there would be to catch a glimpse of Meri IF she happens to be there at the time.

If I had a choice between paying $125-135 a night for a single room that sleeps 2 and $80 for an entire home/condo that sleeps 6 with its own kitchen, I'll be happy to make my own breakfast.

• Love 20

Pinterest strikes again.  The flying wish lanterns, or as I call them flying forest fire starters, were all the thing about five years ago.  Piñata, taco truck blah, blah, blah were all over Pinterest  a few years ago. 

I laughed when FT said tacos are cheap because all you need to pay for is the meat.  So who is going to make a bazillion tacos?  He had no idea how a catered event works.

When they posted pictures of the wedding LAST YEAR, everyone looked liked they were freezing. 

On a really shallow note, Merit needs to lay off the dark brown eye-shadow.  It makes her look like an oompah loompa.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

She should pay for it by selling her Las Vegas house. She's likely going to spend at least half her time at the B&B anyway. When she's in Las Vegas she can live with Janelle who only has two kids left at home.

But who would want to buy it?  Living in that crappy cul de sac with those yahoos?

7 hours ago, valdawn said:

I wondered why the whole entire family had to be there for this first meeting. I understand they supposedly all consider each other family and they’re all the kids mothers etc, but out of respect for people who A. Have probably never met polygamists B. Have probably never been filmed for television and C. Don’t speak English all that well, maybe the first meeting just could have been Christine, Kody and their shared children. But nope, gotta bring the whole damn tribe! 

Eta: on a shallow note, Tony’s parents are fairly attractive people. Don’t know how the dna didn’t reach the kids. I feel horrible even typing that but I can’t help myself. Hell, here I come! 

I thought of the same thing. I guess I am joining you in hell.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I hate those "coming up" segments leading into commercials. Then when they come back from commercials, they replay the last scene for 10-15 secs. Such a waste of time.

I hope this whole season isn't about Mykelti's wedding because watching those two is embarrassing. Everything about this wedding sounds like 2 10-year-olds planning their own birthday party. Pinatas! 4,000 tacos! Handmade decorations! Fiery lanterns! What, no bounce house?

Why not pin the tail on the donkey with Kodufus as the donkey?  I would so watch that. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 11

Meri live tweeted during the show:

Meri Brown @MeriBrown1

Omg you guys! #SisterWives is on! Sitting here watching with a friend and she's all, this is weird! Haha! She's never watched the show lol!

8:03 PM · Jan 7, 2018

And Janelle

Janelle Brown @JanelleBrown117

Every time we filmed something for this episode I craved street tacos like crazy. I love street tacos, they are the best ! #SisterWives

9:18 PM · Jan 7, 2018

And Christine 

Christine Brown @rosecolored6

Tony and @Mykelti15_P wanted a park and I suggested our big backyard and she said “hard pass” #SisterWives

9:03 PM · Jan 7, 2018

Kody

Kody Brown @realkodybrown

I usually don't enjoy this show that much. This is entertainment! Crazy life! Tony and @Mykelti15_P are a match made in Heaven. We found that out talking to Tony's parents. #SisterWives #TLCTonight Do it!

8:17 PM · Jan 7, 2018

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Instead of cramming 27 people around a table for 22 or whatever, why not have a children’s table for the under-12s or something? 

Seriously, it is not like 27 people are going to be involved in the same conversation at the same time. You speak to the people seated directly beside you and directly across from you.  You shouldn't be yelling down to someone located 20 people away from you. 

It was all just too much and too chaotic. It should have been a dinner with Mykelti's immediate family and maybe the sister wives and the rest could have just been introduced after or before the dinner or maybe just came over for dessert/coffee, but that would've made too much sense.  

• Love 17

I think one of the Sister Wives followers (cult) would love to snatch up Meri's house in a second! They would actually be a fly on the wall. Can you imagine what they would watch out their windows and doors? I wonder what she would get for her house in this market today? Las Vegas has really went up in prices.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I really tried to give Tony a break last year.  I kept saying he's young and has never been on tv.  I just can't do it anymore.  He's really showing himself to be an asshat.  His mischievous joking is just passive aggression and a ploy for attention.  He has zero self-awareness, same as his wife (UUGGGHH I can't believe those children are married).  His whole story that Hispanic people bring friends, children, etc. to events without proper invitation is bunk.  I live in an area with a large Hispanic population and I've never seen anyone behave that way.  Maybe it's not the culture is just that he hangs with people who have no manners

YES. What was that??? "When you invite Mexicans to a wedding, they will bring their cousins and their dogs and the local mechanic and his sister's husband". What the what what? Oh, and they'll also all show up with a 12-pack unless told otherwise. His parents must be so embarrassed by him. 

28 minutes ago, toodles said:

Pinterest strikes again.  The flying wish lanterns, or as I call them flying forest fire starters,

Ugh, I got so mad when he mentioned those. Next thing you know, they're going to want to release balloons on the big day as well. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Seriously, it is not like 27 people are going to be involved in the same conversation at the same time. You speak to the people seated directly beside you and directly across from you.  You shouldn't be yelling down to someone located 20 people away from you. 

It was all just too much and too chaotic. It should have been a dinner with Mykelti's immediate family and maybe the sister wives and the rest could have just been introduced after or before the dinner or maybe just came over for dessert/coffee, but that would've made too much sense.  

In many instances, the extended family gets together at a big party . . . like a wedding.  I agree; it should have been the parents and Mykelti and Tony the first time.  They didn't need to have all those people there around one big table.  All for show.  

Oh, and Kody's comment that the tables were put together by an emotional woman rather than an engineer?  Is he driving trains now?  LOL.

5 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

I think one of the Sister Wives followers (cult) would love to snatch up Meri's house in a second! They would actually be a fly on the wall. Can you imagine what they would watch out their windows and doors? I wonder what she would get for her house in this market today? Las Vegas has really went up in prices.

Well, after My Sisterwives Closet went online, the most common comment from the cult followers was, "Oooooh.  We LOVE the jewelry, but it's out of our price range.  ($80ish)  Reading the comments on their social media, one would assume that most of them didn't finish high school, much less college, and their idea of a big cash inflow is when their tax refund comes.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, greekmom said:

Fat Tony has gotten fatter.  Should we be calling him Fatter Tony?

I can see Tony’s grandparents not speaking English. But Tony’s parents?!?! Huh?

Wasn’t Christine’s mother (Annie) the one who wants Christine out of the polygamist lifestyle? You think that maybe she is starting with Meri since she can see Meri leaving before Christine?

The Kodouch should only shell out the same amount of money he paid for the last kid’s wedding. If it doesn’t stretch for 400 people, then Fatter Tony and Mykelti should pony up the rest.

I was shocked how casual Fatter Tony’s parents were about the polygamous family.

Fatter Tony! Totally LOLd! And Meri should have the first two letters of her name in caps ME-ri, cause me, me, me. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

First thing that irked....Kody asking Tony if his parents would have any prejudices about polygamy.  Sorry Kody, it's not prejudice....it's an opinion.  Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it is a prejudice.   Prejudice literally means pre-judge.  It was stated that they live near St. George.  Don't you think it is possible that they have considered the lifestyles of their neighbors and decided against it?  Also, they are Catholic which doesn't condone polygamy.  

Also, Meriah....ugh.  What a sullen brat.  Any bigger chips on her shoulders and she'll look like Alexis Carrington. 

Mariah is Meri all over again.  Both are selfish, entitled bitches.  Serves Doofus right, greedy pig that he is.  Polygamous men are depriving other men of wives.

I can't stop watching and snarking, either!

• Love 6

Unless you have actually priced how much catered food is per person, it's difficult to understand how pricey it is.  Even events like a bridal shower where you have chicken salad, fruit, cheese, etc. is very expensive.  I have no idea of their budget, but, the way Kody acted, their taste is too rich for what they have. Perhaps, an afternoon event where you just serve cake and ice cream., would be more in line with their budget.  Then dancing and fire hazards. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I did a comparison of airbnb's in the Parowan area and let's just say that just like MSWC, Meri is charging way more than comparible places in the area. Really the only reason anyone would stay there would be to catch a glimpse of Meri IF she happens to be there at the time.

If I had a choice between paying $125-135 a night for a single room that sleeps 2 and $80 for an entire home/condo that sleeps 6 with its own kitchen, I'll be happy to make my own breakfast.

She kept saying it was an area for skiers.  I've skied a couple of times and am by no means an expert, but I do remember that you come off the slopes dirty, sweaty and WET.  We stayed in condos near the slopes that had on site washers and dryers so that we could clean up our gear and be ready for the next run.  Plus, there's lots of gear involved: skis, boots, bibs, jackets, etc.  In my opinion, a B&B with antiques and what looks like smallish rooms is not a good choice for skiers.  It's a pretty house, but I can't see it bringing in lots of revenue.  Meri would need to really hustle to find ways to attract tourists and we all know Brown's are allergic to actual work.  At least it will give Meri one more reason to have a pity party when things go south.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Here for 25 years and they can't speak English!!!

Ehhhh, I'm willing to give a pass on this one.  Their English was actually pretty good, when they could get a word in edgewise.  I'm sure the situation is that while they can communicate just fine in English, they PREFER to speak Spanish, and really, who wouldn't want to retreat to the comfort of their first language, especially when placed in a stressful situation, such as being surrounded by Brown Clowns while having teevee cameras stuck in their faces?  Also, I noticed that the long bits of Spanish that had to be subtitled had to do with their feelings on Tony marrying into the Brown clan; I know from experience that while you can be pretty fluent in everyday conversation, expressing complex thoughts or feelings is a whole different kettle of fish.  Adults who have learned a second language also have more fear of making mistakes and looking "stupid."  There's no excuse, though, for the crap that comes out of Tony's mouth, in either language.

I had some major brain-lash watching this, because they kept saying they were getting married in December, and I couldn't fathom the fact that that was over a year ago!  It seems like we saw wedding pictures just a few months ago--where did 2017 go??  Then again I planned my *own* wedding (which Mr. 'cat and I paid for our own damn selves, thankyouverymuch), so the whole year was kind of a blur.  No, I didn't have 4000 tacos ;)

I keep trying to break up with this show, but I just can't.  Sigh.

• Love 18

Right after they talked about Tony's parents not speaking much English, the Browns start talking in sarcastic sentences (saying the opposite of what they meant, followed by "Just Kidding!").  Then Kody went off on some ridiculous monologue that I didn't even understand the meaning of, although I was born and have lived in the USA my entire 71 years.  

As a courtesy . . . if you're speaking to a person with limited English skills, speak simply, clearly, and slowly.  

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

Ehhhh, I'm willing to give a pass on this one.  Their English was actually pretty good, when they could get a word in edgewise.  I'm sure the situation is that while they can communicate just fine in English, they PREFER to speak Spanish, and really, who wouldn't want to retreat to the comfort of their first language, especially when placed in a stressful situation, such as being surrounded by Brown Clowns while having teevee cameras stuck in their faces?  Also, I noticed that the long bits of Spanish that had to be subtitled had to do with their feelings on Tony marrying into the Brown clan; I know from experience that while you can be pretty fluent in everyday conversation, expressing complex thoughts or feelings is a whole different kettle of fish.  Adults who have learned a second language also have more fear of making mistakes and looking "stupid."  There's no excuse, though, for the crap that comes out of Tony's mouth, in either language.

I agree with your points about complex versus simple statements, getting a "chance" to speak, and comfort to fall back into your own language.  However, FT  or M said before they were even there that they didn't speak English well.   Seems like their standard level of use. 

• Love 1