Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranky One

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, endure said:

Another article about Teddi, I won’t miss her a bit, even though she’s dull and drab I don’t consider her harmless, she is very malicious and interfering and she thinks she has a lot wisdom or something to offer. My favourite scene this season was with her daughter, she was disapproving of her Mum’s fashion choice lol.

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/21/teddi-mellencamp-to-be-fired-from-rhobh-after-three-seasons/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

And that was because the sleeves made her look fat or some other odd reference to fat body shapes which leads one to the inevitable conclusion that Teddi MUST be the kind of woman who complains continuously about how fat everything makes her look. She and Rinna are both modeling body disorder and eating disorder behavior for their children.

 

  • Like 14
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Kyle was the only person who liked her, so that probably didn’t help her fate on the show. I expect there was a lot left on the editing floor. Now I’m understanding why the others were always bringing up Kyle’s friendship with Teddi. Sounds like it wasn’t jealousy as much as they couldn’t figure out why Kyle liked her. 

I can. Teddi was Kyle’s flying monkey. 

 

She must have thought Kyle could protect her. Guess not.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

It’s better for Teddi and her family to leave this toxic show behind - but take the lesson that it’s never a good idea to do someone else’s dirty work.

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

And if you are scamming people out of $599/month for "accountability issues", maybe you shouldn't put all that out there to the public.  Someone may not have had a good experience with your business.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if her bff Kyle gave her the heads up? She’s just so honest, I feel her honesty oozing out of her. 🙄

good riddance. Good-BYE, Teddi! 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

New beginnings: Teddi Mellencamp is pictured moving some of her things into her new house in Encino on Tuesday after closing on the $6.5 million mansion https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8761561/Teddi-Mellencamp-moves-new-6-5M-Encino-home.html

Didn't they recently move into Edwin's dream home, the one with the scary deck hanging over the side of a hill?  Now they moved again? Isn't Encino where the "Kyle's" live?

I must have missed it-Why did they move?

Is she trying to keep up with the Dorit?  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

New beginnings: Teddi Mellencamp is pictured moving some of her things into her new house in Encino on Tuesday after closing on the $6.5 million mansion https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8761561/Teddi-Mellencamp-moves-new-6-5M-Encino-home.html

Didn't they recently move into Edwin's dream home, the one with the scary deck hanging over the side of a hill?  Now they moved again? Isn't Encino where the "Kyle's" live?

I must have missed it-Why did they move?

Is she trying to keep up with the Dorit?  

 

 

They sold the one on the cliff and just bought the new one. Maurice handled the real estate transactions as I recall.

I wonder how much money John Mellencamp has put aside for the kids. He has five kids. He had a decent career but he wasn't Springsteen - hell he wasn't Tom Petty or even Bob Seger based on number of hits.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I agree, Teddi went out classy. Good for her.

My viewer demands, going forward:

Re-hire LVP, re-hire Denise, demote Rinna to "friend of" and change the "friend of" title to "demoted loser" (I am flexible on that one)

Buy one of those Charlie Sheen fake texting apps 

Minimum 10 Giggy appearances per season 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Teddi was never very interesting to me so I don't think the show will be inherently better or worse with her absence.  I also haven't been following her company/program but if she isn't doing some heavy lifting WRT lifestyle changes, the program is bound to fail her clients.  Have any of her fellow cast mates weighed in on her departure?

I hope she and Denise get replaced by the "ladies who lunch" crowd (I'm thinking Sutton's friends).  I think the "Own it/Be honest" crowd are ruining the franchise.  These women aren't very educated but it is time to bump it up a notch in that direction.  Wonder if we'll see her at the next White/Black party.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm doing a happy dance, ain't gonna lie.  I'm gonna own it and be open and honest.  Bye Teddi Jo, I won't miss you at all.  I'm glad you went out on a high note, since it behooves you with your ALL IN bunch.  Can't imagine you would want them to see you in less than a positive light on your way into shadowland, and nothing quite works as well as sympathy.  You did good, girl.  Bet the other girl's are glad you got the Bravo boot too, especially Dorit, of course with the one and only exception, Kyle.  I can imagine she's cried buckets because she lost her little buddy, and partner in crime in the set up of Denise Fucking Richards, and the demise of her presence on my TV, which I highly don't appreciate.  You were the only one she said she didn't like, and so it's kind of poetic justice that you are gone.

Now something needs to be done with low rent, lousiest friend ever, Lisa Rinna.  Let's talk about the husbands, or #FireRinna

 

  • Like 21
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Finding out Teddy got fired and she admitted it and didn’t do the we came to a mutual decision I actually like .. not enough to really miss her but enough 

That might have been difficult to pull off, considering for the past month or so I've seen multiple articles of her denying rumors that she's being fired. 

She could have done the stepping away to concentrate on my family and/or business; Those would have been believable.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

That might have been difficult to pull off, considering for the past month or so I've seen multiple articles of her denying rumors that she's being fired. 

She could have done the stepping away to concentrate on my family and/or business; Those would have been believable.

I think the only ones that have "walked away" on their own are Bethany (who quit a day before filming) Denise (who Andy said he was trying to work with her to stay and she walked away) and Tinsly ( who did her escape from Dorinda) 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

That might have been difficult to pull off, considering for the past month or so I've seen multiple articles of her denying rumors that she's being fired. 

She could have done the stepping away to concentrate on my family and/or business; Those would have been believable.

 

53 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think the only ones that have "walked away" on their own are Bethany (who quit a day before filming) Denise (who Andy said he was trying to work with her to stay and she walked away) and Tinsly ( who did her escape from Dorinda) 

I agree with both of you.

The circumstances gave Teddi absolutely no cover to attempt to portray her being fired as a mutual decision. It would have been unbelievable given that it was so clear that she was fighting to stay in the show. 

I think Heather Thompson also walked away from the show as she was afraid that her business and family might start to suffer. I think Heather Dubrow also made a decision to quit because she didn't need it and it was potentially threatening her image, life and marriage.

BRAVO must be sending out messages to other of their reality *stars" as they no longer seem to attempt to send out face savings messages as they used to do. In the past even when someone is fired, there has generally been some kind of press release in which it was a "mutual decision" - BRAVO regrets and other weasel words.

There was also no leaked information regarding negotiation and contracts like occurred with Leah or even Nene. Nene could have come back I would suspect if she agreed to lower her price. Leah would have gotten the boot if she didn't come down in her asking price.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

“I think Heather Dubrow also made a decision to quit because she didn't need it and it was potentially threatening her image, life and marriage.”

Heather D left because she and Bravo couldn’t come to terms over $$$ and/or Bravo was thinking of demoting her to being a “Friend of”.

As for Teddi, while she wasn’t a favorite of mine, she was ok overall. With that said, I do think she, like Sutton, might work better as a “Friend of” instead of a full time HW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/21/2020 at 7:07 PM, amarante said:

I know the Allin Plan discussion has been superseded by the exciting news of her possible permanent departure.

I would just like to weigh in (no pun intended) on what an incredible rip-off her plan is - besides being dangerous and ultimately ineffective in terms of weight loss.

I lost a lot of weight and I went to a psychotherapist who specialized in eating disorders. She was very well versed in nutrition as well because of her speciality. 

It was LESS expensive than Teddi's plan. I saw her once a week and we went over my weight and eating plans. We also did actual therapy including behavioral modification and cognitive therapy to learn actual coping skills. 

Yes I was "accountable" because I knew there was someone who I would be seeing every week to discuss the past week and the future - but in a therapeutic way and not in the form of the kind of "shaming" texts that seem to be what Allin thinks are inspiring. I do think being accountable in some way is helpful as long as it is done in a manner that inspires growth and not shame and disorder.

 

Exactly. I work with legitimately certified personal trainers (not that you’d know it by looking at me, LOL) and as they explain it, weight loss is a calorie-in, calorie-out deal. You need a certain number of calories for your body to function in a healthy way. Above what you need (based on what you burn daily) and you won’t lose weight; below, and your body rebels—your workout won’t even be as effective as you hope (for a bunch of metabolic reasons I’m not equipped to explain... but they can!). And your diet isn’t just about eating LESS, but eating WELL (which means primarily healthy food, with the occasional treat). The InBody (which Tamra had at CUT) is actually a very useful tool in this regard, when used by the right person. Plus: the people I work with are POSITIVE and encouraging, but don’t hesitate to get after you when you are off track, LOL. No shaming involved. Just multiple LEGIT certifications and good people skills.

And kadooz to everyone here who has worked so hard, in a healthy way!
 

GOODBYE, TEDDI! 

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

It WOULD be kinda funny if they brought old Kris Jenner into this bunch o'losers that are left!  She'd eat them for lunch! And she doesn't live in Beverly Hills either so... DONE!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Teddi but I also don't think she was bringing enough drama for the show, so I guess I am not surprised her contract wasn't renewed. I doubt Denise comes back but I wouldn't be surprised if LVP wasn't trying to Queen Bee her way back in. I think she needs these shows like oxygen. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Jel said:

I agree, Teddi went out classy. Good for her.

My viewer demands, going forward:

Re-hire LVP, re-hire Denise, demote Rinna to "friend of" and change the "friend of" title to "demoted loser" (I am flexible on that one)

Buy one of those Charlie Sheen fake texting apps 

Minimum 10 Giggy appearances per season 

Sorry Jel but I have to give a big "ugh" to LVP and Giggy 😄 

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

 I wouldn't be surprised if LVP wasn't trying to Queen Bee her way back in. I think she needs these shows like oxygen. 

Agreed!  I hope she goes and does her stupid dog show and stays away from this one.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t like or dislike Teddy. She was kind of boring this last season and I think she went after Denise to try to stay relevant. If Kris Jenner is her replacement I’m  not sure I will watch next season. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

In Teddi's farewell message she said "I am so incredibly proud of the over 15,000 lives we have helped change.” To begin the program everyone pays for Jumpstart one time, there is no way of knowing what they spent after Jumpstart (or if she cooked the books). 

$599 x 15,000 = $8,985,000.

Our 2-week Jumpstart program is $599. Once you complete Jumpstart, you will continue to our Monthly program at $399 for 4 weeks. This has the same level of accountability, communication, and commitment to cardio, but with a slightly updated menu. While everybody is different, most stay on this program for 1-2 months.

Weight & Workout
$5.90/day
Total Cost: $165

Maintenance
$3.40/day
Total Cost: $95

  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, princelina said:

Sorry Jel but I have to give a big "ugh" to LVP and Giggy 😄 

Agreed!  I hope she goes and does her stupid dog show and stays away from this one.

It's okay, Princelina. You're usually right about so much, I really can't fault you for getting one wrong. ;)

Lisa and Giggy for the win!

1 hour ago, suomi said:

In Teddi's farewell message she said "I am so incredibly proud of the over 15,000 lives we have helped change.” To begin the program everyone pays for Jumpstart one time, there is no way of knowing what they spent after Jumpstart (or if she cooked the books). 

$599 x 15,000 = $8,985,000.

Our 2-week Jumpstart program is $599. Once you complete Jumpstart, you will continue to our Monthly program at $399 for 4 weeks. This has the same level of accountability, communication, and commitment to cardio, but with a slightly updated menu. While everybody is different, most stay on this program for 1-2 months.

Weight & Workout
$5.90/day
Total Cost: $165

Maintenance
$3.40/day
Total Cost: $95

Hmm almost 9 million -- wonder what the PayPal fees on an amount like that would be.

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Jel said:

It's okay, Princelina. You're usually right about so much, I really can't fault you for getting one wrong. 😉

Lisa and Giggy for the win!

Hmm almost 9 million -- wonder what the PayPal fees on an amount like that would be.

 

A couple hundred grand

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Andy Cohen claims the All In mess had nothing to do with Teddi's firing.

https://people.com/tv/andy-cohen-says-all-in-scandal-had-nothing-to-do-with-teddi-mellencamps-rhobh-exit/

Andy is full of shit. Bravo takes a cut of the HW businesses. It would have been a problem going forward. He can't admit that.

Also on Reddit the person who called herself the "housewives whisperer" with inside scoops commented that it wasn't just Teddi's questionable business practices, but Edwin's actions (outing a private phone number) that would lead to her being fired.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Bravo only took a cut if the business was created during a Ho Wives' time on the show. Like Sonya and any of her failed ventures, etc. I didn't think they could go after existing businesses, or they could have gone after Lisa's restaurants, the dog rescue (did Bravo take a cut of that?), and the like. I know this went into effect after Bravo lost out on Skinnygirl.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought Bravo only took a cut if the business was created during a Ho Wives' time on the show. Like Sonya and any of her failed ventures, etc. I didn't think they could go after existing businesses, or they could have gone after Lisa's restaurants, the dog rescue (did Bravo take a cut of that?), and the like. I know this went into effect after Bravo lost out on Skinnygirl.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think that's correct.  I'm not sure how they'd "take a cut" of a pre-existing business. It's not like they can extort money. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think that's correct.  I'm not sure how they'd "take a cut" of a pre-existing business. It's not like they can extort money. 

The contracts would specifically list projects that BRAVO doesn't take a cut off. It's standard practice in many "talent" agreements - for example if an actor changes agencies, there might be a list o projects for which the previous agency is owed commissions. Real estate agents also use a list that would clearly define which fall under which agency.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Andy Cohen claims the All In mess had nothing to do with Teddi's firing.

...So Andy Cohen  is openly admitting that the nurturing/health of female bodies had no impact on Bravo's decision to drop a starvation guru? None of that mattered in the least?  (Because fuck bitches, amirite? Who cares if a woman is charging exorbitant fees to teach disordered eating to women?  ALL IN!)  What a toxic shithead Cohen is. May ALLL the karma find him.

 

 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No way Bravo took a cut of All In. Teddi won't even play Pay Pal honestly. 

Pay up, Teddi!

What is Teddi doing with Pay Pal? I know it was mentioned earlier but I didn't really understand it. Is there some kind of scam?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, film noire said:

...So Andy Cohen  is openly admitting that the nurturing/health of female bodies had no impact on Bravo's decision to drop a starvation guru? None of that mattered in the least?  (Because fuck bitches, amirite? Who cares if a woman is charging exorbitant fees to teach disordered eating to women?  ALL IN!)  What a toxic shithead Cohen is. May ALLL the karma find him.

 

 

Maybe he's taking the "innocent until proven guilty because we'd like to leave the door open, even though she's not a fan favorite, just in case we want to exploit her again" road.  Does anyone know if she's being investigated by the BBB or Paypal or any authorities? I would love to see how this plays out, it sounds like she's got some 'splainin' to do.

as a side note: why would people pay that much for her service, when they openly admit there are no dietitians, nutritionists or professional trainers involved in their extreme weight loss/diet (however they market it) plan? That has red flags plastered all over it, and then to be encouraged to cheat paypal? I guess PT Barnum was right: there's one born every minute.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

What is Teddi doing with Pay Pal? I know it was mentioned earlier but I didn't really understand it. Is there some kind of scam?

She had her All In clients use the Friends and Family PayPal transaction.

This is intended to be used by friends and family - literally - to pay people back when you split a dinner or for parents to send a gift. For transactions which aren't any kind of payment for goods or services between "strangers".

For other transactions the "seller" - here All In company pays PayPal a transaction fee of about 3% just like any merchant does when you use a credit card. And most people using PayPal this way use credit cards to fund the money so they have the protection of the credit card company if something screws up. With Friends and Family you get no protection.

So by using Friends and Family Teddi was doing a double scam - cheating PayPal out of their transaction fees and potentially screwing her clients because if you use PayPal the normal way, you could probably cancel the membership and get a refund.

5 hours ago, film noire said:

...So Andy Cohen  is openly admitting that the nurturing/health of female bodies had no impact on Bravo's decision to drop a starvation guru? None of that mattered in the least?  (Because fuck bitches, amirite? Who cares if a woman is charging exorbitant fees to teach disordered eating to women?  ALL IN!)  What a toxic shithead Cohen is. May ALLL the karma find him.

 

 

I am not sure that All In is worse than the cancer scam that was run by Vicki. As I recall she was actually attempting to get people to donate to some kind of bogus cancer charity during one of the seasons. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, amarante said:

They sold the one on the cliff and just bought the new one. Maurice handled the real estate transactions as I recall.

I wonder how much money John Mellencamp has put aside for the kids. He has five kids. He had a decent career but he wasn't Springsteen - hell he wasn't Tom Petty or even Bob Seger based on number of hits.

John has done well with his money.  He donates plenty to Indiana University.  He has a gorgeous home in Indiana, and enough money to post bond and get lawyers for his worthless sons.   Don't get me wrong, he's an okay guy, very friendly and generous...but his kids!!  John and his dad were pretty cool.  I would laugh if Teddi and her bunch moved to Indiana...lol, a kid named Dove?  She needs to stay in LA, where that name is probably better suited.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, film noire said:

So Andy Cohen  is openly admitting that the nurturing/health of female bodies had no impact on Bravo's decision to drop a starvation guru?

My guess?  He's basically saying the decision was made before that story broke.  

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size