Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranky One

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

2 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

John has done well with his money.  He donates plenty to Indiana University.  He has a gorgeous home in Indiana, and enough money to post bond and get lawyers for his worthless sons.   Don't get me wrong, he's an okay guy, very friendly and generous...but his kids!!  John and his dad were pretty cool.  I would laugh if Teddi and her bunch moved to Indiana...lol, a kid named Dove?  She needs to stay in LA, where that name is probably better suited.

I agree that Mellencamp is not hurting in terms of money but there are degrees of wealth especially in terms of how much each child would get when the estate is divided.

None of his children will be hurting financial - regular folks could live well for the rest of their lives on what they will probably inherit. However, the *merely* rich don't buy $7 million dollar homes as a rule.

Springsteen's kids will be inheriting enormous wealth without a doubt. Springsteen bought his daughter a show jumper that was in excess of $1 million a few years ago. As I recall, part of Teddi's background in the first season was that she was a rider on the show circuit but she was riding other people's horses. Her daddy hadn't bought her a $1 million dollar show horse to further her career or even a $200,000 horse 🙂

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

My guess?  He's basically saying the decision was made before that story broke.  

It could be that he was made aware of the story breaking before it actually broke and  they were already talking damage control. 

Either way, Teddi is gone and you could be correct as most people were calling for her dismissal before the story broke. Teddi was just not a good fit for this show. Even before the story broke, social media had already decided her fate. The All In scandal, as well as Edwin showing himself to be a potential added liabiltiy just escalated the situation, and likely was the proverbial straw that broke....

• Like 6

Didn't love her or hate her.

I look back, as Wives and Friends we've had Dana/Pam, Marisa, Joyce, Carlton,  Kathryn, and Eden. On paper whether personality, background/upbringing, marriage/family, profession, etc., seemed like they should have worked for the show.

What I'm saying is, how the heck did Teddi last as long as she did while the others were one and dones?

Edited by AKA...CJ86
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Remember when Kyle was practically campaigning to be a Pantene spokesperson? lol

And now she’s losing her hair.  Karma...

• Laugh 9

12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently, she's selling hair products on QVC now.

She has beautiful hair! It’s so full. I wondered if it was all hers. 

• Like 6

I'm frankly shocked that we were able to get through Teddi's whole stint on this show without a single appearance from John Mellencamp.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, ladle said:

I'm frankly shocked that we were able to get through Teddi's whole stint on this show without a single appearance from John Mellencamp.

He was on the phone once or twice with Teddi.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ladle said:

He's practically a hermit.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 2

8 hours ago, nexxie said:

He was on the phone once or twice with Teddi.

Huh!  How could I have missed that?  To be fair, I do tend to doze off during her segments... 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

On 9/27/2020 at 5:27 PM, RealHousewife said:

^ Seriously! I still miss Joyce. 

While not as great as Seasons' 1-3, I did enjoy 4 for Joyce and Carlton but the downside was this was when the BH series was getting a bit too manufactored, if that makes sense. But the two (Joyce/Carlton) were on completely different ends of the personality spectrum, which I loved. And I enjoyed that. Personal opinion, Season 5 and onward was the real start of the decline for the show.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently, she's selling hair products on QVC now.

I think she just recently within the last few weeks went to QVC. She had originally been with ShopHQ (formerly evine). I'd say it is a step up. Wish her nothing but success, I won't be buying, though. It really was one day she was on ShopHQ, the next day she was on QVC. I do watch the shopping channels, it is funny to see where people pop up or leave pretty quickly.

On 10/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, ladle said:

Andy/Bravo love the celeb connection, that's the only thing I can think of how she lasted as long as she did. It seemed like Andy's go to reunion question (I missed this last reunion though) for her were what John/Meg Ryan (I think they're off at the moment, don't keep up with them) think of the show. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

On 9/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I wonder if there would be more outrage today over the racist treatment she received.  

I truly believe so! We need a Justice for Joyce campaign! 

• Like 7

On 9/26/2020 at 10:36 AM, watcherwoman said:

John has done well with his money.  He donates plenty to Indiana University.  He has a gorgeous home in Indiana, and enough money to post bond and get lawyers for his worthless sons.   Don't get me wrong, he's an okay guy, very friendly and generous...but his kids!!  John and his dad were pretty cool.  I would laugh if Teddi and her bunch moved to Indiana...lol, a kid named Dove?  She needs to stay in LA, where that name is probably better suited.

To be fair,  a gorgeous home in Indiana will cost you $500k with loads of land to boot and significantly lower taxes than Beverly Hills.  If his estate were in CA, it would be in the tens of millions, so he's also benefitting from the low cost of living in Indiana.

• Like 5

On 10/6/2020 at 1:59 PM, LemonSoda said:

I truly believe so! We need a Justice for Joyce campaign! 

We really do! 

3 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

To be fair,  a gorgeous home in Indiana will cost you $500k with loads of land to boot and significantly lower taxes than Beverly Hills.  If his estate were in CA, it would be in the tens of millions, so he's also benefitting from the low cost of living in Indiana.

That sounds about right. The money you spend just to get a decent place anywhere in LA could get you a big, beautiful home in most of the rest of the country. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

I feel like she deserved so much better! Carlton too for that matter. 

She really did. Carlton was not a favorite of mine, but I remember reading she got a bad edit from more than one source. Maybe I would have liked her if she were edited differently. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She really did. Carlton was not a favorite of mine, but I remember reading she got a bad edit from more than one source. Maybe I would have liked her if she were edited differently. 

The weird editing and the way Kyle treated her, the gaslighting, etc was unfair. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

The weird editing and the way Kyle treated her, the gaslighting, etc was unfair. 

It kind of seemed like Carlton was ready to hate Kyle and be on the cool kids' "Dream Team," but Kyle's been so nasty again. I think she could use some Carlton!

• Like 8

On 10/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, larapu2000 said:

Oh definitely.   He did have a nice apartment in New York too, although I don't now if he still does.  He has donated millions to IU and other projects.   He's happy liiving in Indiana, so I don't think he would even want a mansion in California.   Teddi may end up moving from her mansion too.  Not that I care,  she can stay on the west coast forever and spend her money on her superficial lifestyle.  

• Like 4

I wonder if we would ever find out that PayPal dinged her for dodging their fees. Maybe a clue would be if she stopped advising customers to purchase as Family And Friends.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, larapu2000 said:

All I want to know is if it's pink.  😀

• Laugh 4

I'm perfectly fine with Teddi and Chrystal being friends as long as Teddi doesn't pop up on my screen this season.

• Like 6