Type keyword(s) to search

Teddi Jo Mellencamp Arroyave: She Rides Horses, Not Cougars

• Start Topic

I have given up on the dream of Lisa Rinna being tossed out. Lots of people really hate her on the show, but she's talked about so much.  People talking and posting keeps people thinking about RHOBH, and I'm sure Bravo loves that. Good or bad, people are talking. Maybe Teddi will go, not for her role in Puppygate, not for losing the fan love, but for just not being much of a hot topic in her own right.

I don't care which of them they keep though -- no Lisa, no BH interest for me.

• Love 13

I agree that I will drop RHOBH if LVP leaves. 

I doubt that they will get rid of Rinna since she serves as Bravo’s Hatchet woman and does their bidding to push the narrative along.

Teddi is a nonentity and doesn’t have a storyline. She is expendable so she could be the sacrificial lamb to entice LVP back. In fact they might offer to drop Dorit and add Camille as well to entice LVP back. I hope she doesn’t fall for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Does Teddi know about this?

This reminds me of some “helpful” advice I received a couple of years ago. To begin, I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 13, I am now 54. In the last 10 years I have had 10 orthopedic surgeries including new hips, neck discs fused and several foot procedures including fusing my toes to my metatarsal because I had no joints left.

My woman’s club had a booth at a festival and the woman next to us sold essential oils. She asked why I was wearing a boot on my foot, told her because I have bone spurs and joints wearing away. She informed me that essential oils would REMOVE bone spurs as long as you used the right combination and applied it faithfully.

Wow, I was stunned, all these years I could have healed myself 😜. The next week I asked my surgeon why he didn’t tell me this would work - he said that ranks among the top he has heard and he’s heard some weird ones.

I’ve been given all kinds of “helpful” advice over the years that would wish away my problems, e.g., copper bracelets, certain bizarre foods.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SweetieDarling said:

Anyone else think Teddi missed her calling as a ventriloquist? Her face does NOT move.

It moves plenty when she’s not on guard - it moved tons in those clips of her and Kyle goofing around.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, Happy Camper said:

Bringing this over from Reddit....Teddi....Accountability....LOL....

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/brxd1n/teddis_accountability_services/

From Reddit:

Are you fucking kidding me?????

I can't imagine how this must go.

Trainer: Txt me ur meal pls fofty 

Fofty: Go fuck yourself don't make me pop u 

Trainer: No fofty pls noooo Teddi will b mad @ me like 4real 

Fofty: MEAL BY MONDAY, BITCH 

Trainer: Fofty no am haven heart attack am hedin 2 hosptal fofty nooooooo 

Fofty: DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200 BITCH

On 5/23/2019 at 7:58 PM, IKnowRight said:

Wow, what a scam!  $5000 plus a year for texting back & forth with non certified “coaches” who were once customers...No product like meals, shakes, no refunds if you are injured and cannot delay the plan.  I figured it was some semi scam but now this is so lame.  😲😏

If you (royal you) are thinking of doing this, PLEASE DON’T. You’re better off hiring an ACE or NASM-certified personal trainer to work with in person, going to a real nutritionist (often covered by your health plan, if you have one), and downloading an app that will set up notifications to badger you.

Unless you love Teddi’s Badger Bootcamp

badger GIF

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 5/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jel said:

I have given up on the dream of Lisa Rinna being tossed out. 

So you and I have been having the same dream.  I hate LR and her shriveled up, wrinkled lips...her anorexic body, her average looking fucked up daughters. 

For fuck sake Andy Cohen...get rid of this gross wrinkled toothpick aka Rinna.

• Love 9
(edited)

The women were all really defensive at their legal woes. Lisa's issue didn't come up during the show filming. And none of them answered the question. 

Kyle's inner mean girl showed up again. She can only hide her true self so long. 

The women all look whore able. Caked on makeup, etc. They look gross.

Camille has muppet face. Really all of them have muppet face.

Not far in, but really enjoying Camille calling out Teddy. None of these women have anyone in their lives who call them out on anything at all, clearly. So their shocked and affronted hurt is funny as f to watch.

Oh wow. Erika looks like a viking next to Camille!

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm not going to lie. Watching Camille lose her mind at Denise was the most interesting thing I've seen on this show in years.

She is clearly deeply jealous of Denise, because of her full time status? And she has that personality type, like Ramona, that once she tells a lie, she absolutely believes it. Denise said she yelled at her kids. She didn't say she cursed at them. That's an important distinction.

Then playing the hurt victim after saying she straight up didn't like Denise and then pretending confusion about why Denis doesn't like her, was telling.

I still like how she winds up Teddi.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
On 7/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, Higgins said:

I don't believe this applies at all.

Actually, she's probably treading a pretty dangerous line.  From googling, it looks like she's ok in CA, but she takes clients from any state and the point of sale is considered where the person that is buying the service is.  You pay your local taxes on an online purchase, not where the business is located.  So if that state has a different requirement, she (or her coach under her), could be in violation of the laws of that state.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

If you (royal you) are thinking of doing this, PLEASE DON’T. You’re better off hiring an ACE or NASM-certified personal trainer to work with in person, going to a real nutritionist (often covered by your health plan, if you have one), and downloading an app that will set up notifications to badger you.

Unless you love Teddi’s Badger Bootcamp

badger GIF

Thanks for posting that info. I don't think any of us here on PT forums are dumb enough to pay somebody to hold us accountable for whatever it is Teddi holds her clients accountable. Exercising? Calorie consumption?

Who is that out of control that they need to call someone to be scolded for not completing their exercise routine or eating too much?

Anyone ever googled "user reviews" for Teddi's accountability service? No? Neither have I😁 Maybe one day...out of extreme boredom I will. Like waiting for my dentist to see me!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, smores said:

Actually, she's probably treading a pretty dangerous line.  From googling, it looks like she's ok in CA, but she takes clients from any state and the point of sale is considered where the person that is buying the service is.  You pay your local taxes on an online purchase, not where the business is located.  So if that state has a different requirement, she (or her coach under her), could be in violation of the laws of that state.

Are there laws regulating the hiring of nags?

I don't remember her ever saying she was qualified as a personal trainer or dietitian or any thing other than someone people send texts to in order to show they are sticking to a predetermined diet and exercise plan. What she does with that information? I have no idea. I'd like to think she's part of a team, and that she reports discrepancies or some kind of "report cards" to formally educated, trained and licensed professionals, because that would make more sense than hiring a professional moral compass "Big Brother" to monitor how much you move and what you eat just just because. 

It still doesn't make much sense to me, because what's to stop me from eating an ice cream sundae and not reporting it? 

Edited by SweetieDarling
verb tenses should match
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I still like how she winds up Teddi.

Yes! This could be the ONLY reason to watch RHOBH. Better yet, bring back Brandi for a Camille,Teddi, Brandi confrontation! 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Are there laws regulating the hiring of nags?

I don't remember her ever saying she was qualified as a personal trainer or dietitian or any thing other than someone people send texts to in order to show they are sticking to a predetermined diet and exercise plan. What she does with that information? I have no idea. I'd like to think she's part of a team, and that she reports discrepancies or some kind of "report cards" to formally educated, trained and licensed professionals, because that would make more sense than hiring a professional moral compass "Big Brother" to monitor how much you move and what you eat just just because. 

It still doesn't make much sense to me, because what's to stop me from eating an ice cream sundae and not reporting it? 

She says that she is an accountability coach.  Jeff Lewis (Flipping Out also on Bravo), hired her on his show and she came on and gave him the rules for the plan.  It has a specific diet that you have to follow and you have to text pics of your meals, your weigh in and your work out details each day.  If you miss you are out of the program.  There is nothing to stop you from eating something that you don't text, but if you don't trend down, then you can also be dropped.  She does not give refunds.  

In some ways, I can see hiring someone like her as a jump start.  Sometimes people need a bit of a push to make a change.  Some people have a workout buddy, maybe you walk with a neighbor 3 mornings a week.  Some people need the meetings of Weight Watchers to keep them "honest" on their diets.  I get that.  

The issue Teddi may have is that being a health coach/accountability coach/someone who recommends diet/nutrition/exercise programs is regulated differently in different states.  When I spent 5 minutes googling it yesterday I came across an article where a woman was in trouble because she was a fitness instructor and when she lived and worked in California, she would give her clients advice on how to eat.  It was legal for her there.  However, she moved to another state and did the same thing.  In that state, she was fine to give the exercise advice, but nutrition advice is regulated and since she didn't have the required licensing (wasn't a dietitian), she was violating the law and was in trouble.  

That's where Teddi may run into issues, as you aren't automatically covered by your license/laws in one state to "practice" in another.  You have to follow the rules/laws of that state, too.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

She's definitely not a dietitian. That requires a Masters and about 1000 hours of clinicals. There are nutrition degrees similar to personal trainer certification, but just based on people who I know who have them, they can tailor them to any diet plan they want. I have a friend whose lane is keto. I wonder what Teddi's diet is? Just calorie restriction? Keto? Paleo?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's definitely not a dietitian. That requires a Masters and about 1000 hours of clinicals. There are nutrition degrees similar to personal trainer certification, but just based on people who I know who have them, they can tailor them to any diet plan they want. I have a friend whose lane is keto. I wonder what Teddi's diet is? Just calorie restriction? Keto? Paleo?

She has no training or certification.  She started the whole thing because she had an instagram account that she was posting her own progress on to keep herself accountable, and then people would follow her and post their stuff.  Then she had them text, etc.  You have to commit to one hour per day of activity.  Meals must be eaten by certain times, breakfast by 10 am, lunch by 2 pm and dinner by 8 pm.  You have to weigh in each morning.

When she did it with Jeff Lewis, he had a 2 week meal plan, but I don't know if it was because of his weight that he wanted to lose (I think it was 8-10 pounds), or if she has an induction type of phase.  There is no alcohol, and she had him cut a bunch of other stuff out, but I don’t remember the rest.  If you google, you will find a lot of references to people who have had to sign NDAs and can't release what the actual diet plan is, but that they were eating around 400-500 calories per day.  Teddi's response was that her plan does not discuss calories, which isn't exactly a denial of the claim, because the foods recommended could add up to 400-500 calories and not specify that they are that many calories, and she'd be right.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, smores said:

She has no training or certification.  She started the whole thing because she had an instagram account that she was posting her own progress on to keep herself accountable, and then people would follow her and post their stuff.  Then she had them text, etc.  You have to commit to one hour per day of activity.  Meals must be eaten by certain times, breakfast by 10 am, lunch by 2 pm and dinner by 8 pm.  You have to weigh in each morning.

When she did it with Jeff Lewis, he had a 2 week meal plan, but I don't know if it was because of his weight that he wanted to lose (I think it was 8-10 pounds), or if she has an induction type of phase.  There is no alcohol, and she had him cut a bunch of other stuff out, but I don’t remember the rest.  If you google, you will find a lot of references to people who have had to sign NDAs and can't release what the actual diet plan is, but that they were eating around 400-500 calories per day.  Teddi's response was that her plan does not discuss calories, which isn't exactly a denial of the claim, because the foods recommended could add up to 400-500 calories and not specify that they are that many calories, and she'd be right.  

Yikes. Anything under 900 (? Or maybe 1200) you’re supposed to deal with a doctor. Even then it’s for a very limited time, when you’re obese. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, smores said:

That’s dangerous

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I was sincerely interested in Teddi's business, but when I read what it actually involved, I honestly thought it was pretty stupid and in all likelihood she is  collecting a lot of money from people that are not able to be "accountable".  As despicable as she can be, I actually am much more interested in Tamara's advice as she is an older woman and I think she's got a pretty awesome body.  I don't want to be a body builder, but to be over 50 and have a tight compact body is not an easy feat.  Same goes for Ramona....I'm 42 and am super impressed by Ramona.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I was sincerely interested in Teddi's business, but when I read what it actually involved, I honestly thought it was pretty stupid and in all likelihood she is  collecting a lot of money from people that are not able to be "accountable".  As despicable as she can be, I actually am much more interested in Tamara's advice as she is an older woman and I think she's got a pretty awesome body.  I don't want to be a body builder, but to be over 50 and have a tight compact body is not an easy feat.  Same goes for Ramona....I'm 42 and am super impressed by Ramona.  

I could never take health advice from someone with Teddi's permanent tan.  Don't tell at me for eating a cupcake or skipping a workout when you probably use a tanning bed.  I don't believe  that Teddi's bronze tones are from a spray tan.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I could never take health advice from someone with Teddi's permanent tan.  Don't tell at me for eating a cupcake or skipping a workout when you probably use a tanning bed.  I don't believe  that Teddi's bronze tones are from a spray tan.  

The only thing that could maybe make me a little less bitter about this season is if Kyle were to lose her little minion, Teddi.  You know Kyle is salivating to meet Teddi's dad and step-mom to be.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Good point. As obnoxious as I find her, I think that she and Eddie would provide solid guidance. 

• Love 3

I know I posted this a few years ago...

I live in the OC and was invited to a fancy luncheon my friend was hosting at her home. A beautiful affair with 15 women. We were assigned seats. Our meal was catered beautifully and the servers were exceptional. On one side was a close friend on the other was someone I had never met. As salad was being served I noticed the “unknown” on the left was photographing her food and texting. Me, being curious, asked her wha? And she said she was working on her diet. She was 5’3” and maybe 115 lbs. I never asked her about it again, but seeing what Teddi does, it sounds similar.

Oh, and I forgot to say that she turned out to be a really nice and invited me to her home for a group psychic reading! That was bizarre for sure. Life in the OC is different.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 7/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, AttackTurtle said:

I absolutely would take advice from Tamra/Eddie before Teddi.  Tamra is someone who clearly puts in the time and effort in the gym and has had a focus on health/fitness for a long time.  Teddi, while thin, is so hyperfocused on regulating food/exercise that I think it's just a disordered way of eating.  Basically if she doesn't maintain a super strict control the wheels will come off and she'll be right back up to her "start" size.  

I could see texting meals to a nutritionist or even a trainer if you were starting a new plan and were unsure of what to eat.  I have a friend/coworker who had to do a version of paleo due to some health issues and when she was brand new to it, we were on a business trip together.  She was texting her nutritionist about the food at meals, particularly when it was a banquet style lunch.  It's not super hard to figure out how to order food within your plan when you have a whole menu and you can ask for vegetables instead of rice or whatever.  But when they bring you a plate of food and that's what you get for lunch, she needed some guidance on what she could eat and what she should skip, like take the tomatoes out of the salad, leave the cucumbers, etc.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, smores said:

Teddi, while thin, is so hyperfocused on regulating food/exercise that I think it's just a disordered way of eating.  Basically if she doesn't maintain a super strict control the wheels will come off and she'll be right back up to her "start" size.  

Remember in France, all those drinks Teddi ingested (how many calories was that?!) when Kyle was getting her to bed she had to take the chips away from Teddi?  Then she drags her upstairs to put her to bed and Teddi whines that she’s hungry...hmmm

Your point is spot on.  It’s all about her control issues.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Teddi and her hubby are a class act and not thirsty at all.

His RV (with subtle branding) was trés chic.

hqdefault.jpg

Isn’t that a whole different company? 

Man, I miss the original days of teal housewives that was organic and not about promoting yourself or your business 

• Love 2

Man, I miss the original days of teal housewives that was organic and not about promoting yourself or your business 

But it was always like that, even from the beginning...RHOC in season 1 had both Vicki and Jeana promoting their respective businesses, Jill Zarin was promoting Zarin Fabrics in the first season of RHONY, Sheree from Atlanta was promoting her "dreadful" fashion line in the first season of RHOA...

• Love 6
On 8/21/2019 at 10:26 PM, Stats Queen said:

Isn’t that a whole different company? 

Tongue was firmly in cheek. Sorry the sarcasm didn't play.

I am beyond sick of the blunt trauma self-promotion. Enough already. Viewers are not dumb. If they like you, they'll find whatever you're into offscreen. No need to bludgeon viewers to death with your brand.

• Love 6

This irrelevant brat has no reason to be on this show (or any professional qualifications to give health advice, but I digress) and her head is definitely big after her newfound "fame", but um, can we talk about the size of John's head? Maybe she can't help having a big head? It's clearly genetic.

teddi-mellencamp.jpg?w=1482&h=2000

Edited by Dutchgirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

This irrelevant brat has no reason to be on this show (or any professional qualifications to give health advice, but I digress) and her head is definitely big after her newfound "fame", but um, can we talk about the size of John's head? Maybe she can't help having a big head? It's clearly genetic.

LOL! Teddi Annoyave and John Mellonhead. He looks like he was just sprung from the drunk tank after a week of partying. 

• LOL 11
16 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Whoa his head is big - I know he can't help it but wow it's a big head for sure

• Love 4
On 8/31/2019 at 8:03 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Maybe you all have seen this, but I just tripped across this 'before' pic.  Wowzers!  What a difference.

Teddi-Mellencamp-Before-and-After-Photo-Weight-Loss.jpg

Teddi is in such impeccable shape I forget she was ever that heavy. When she talks about her old body I always just think skinny fat. 

• Love 2

The thing for me about Teddi is that I don't find anything about her the least bit interesting.

Not a single thing - not her opinions, not her job, not her father, not even Meg Ryan. 

I've always said it takes a good 2-3 seasons before we see more sides to the wives, so I'll give Teddi another round, but it'll be painful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Anything for a storyline, eh Teddy? 

I kid, I kid... (mostly.) 

And if so, what is the storyline going to be? Morning sickness? An ultrasound? A baby shower?  Will we see her knitting booties? (Okay, well that shows my age) A gender reveal? Will that make people tune in? 

Someone on reddit had the funniest comment. "Accountabilibaby" 

Shall we focus on Teddi's pregnancy and ignore the current lawsuits? 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

And if so, what is the storyline going to be? Morning sickness? An ultrasound? A baby shower?  Will we see her knitting booties? (Okay, well that shows my age) A gender reveal? Will that make people tune in? 

Someone on reddit had the funniest comment. "Accountabilibaby" 

Shall we focus on Teddi's pregnancy and ignore the current lawsuits? 

Seriously  Could this show get any more boring? Annoying Teddi, being pregnant and even more annoying. Awesome. I was already out, but kept hoping for a Nicollete Sheridan surprise. I don't think even that would do it now. 

• Love 5